Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Stats show that it is not desperaton time! 14:45 - Jan 31 with 676 viewsDavillin

A look at the stats will show that it is not worrying time, and not even remotely time for thoughts of desperation.

The graph below shows in red the points earned in the first half of the season, but arranged in the order in which we play them in the second half. I did this so you can make a direct comparisons between the two halves. The second half points are in black circles. [I haven't put the projected second half points up yet because they won't be statistically significant for several more games.]

We are only one point behind in points scored in the first half against the same teams; and even with a loss to Southampton, we'd still be only one point behind. A draw would put us even, and a win would put us two points ahead of the first half.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Stats show that it is not desperaton time! on 15:14 - Jan 31 with 621 viewssixpenses

Thanks Dav an interesting take. I think our 3 early wins in August have given us a decent enough buffer for us not to feel desperation about our PL place unless we go very drastically down hill

One thing is we seemed to have more easier home games in the first half which would make a difference..

If you however ignore those 3 early wins in August and look at our performance over the full 5 months of fixtures since, the picture is less rosy. So of course parts of our first half (like our loss to Southampton) will be easier to match or beat than others .

Hoping our new players bed in quickly and start making a difference.

For all Angel is showing his age a bit, all he has offered and continues to offer us and his intuitive knowledge of the team and established interplay will not be easy to replace.
The Stats show that it is not desperaton time! on 15:26 - Jan 31 with 597 viewsperchrockjack

We'll be ok dav..
God bless america

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Stats show that it is not desperaton time! on 15:38 - Jan 31 with 581 viewssully49

The loss of Bony and indifference of Gomis will impact on that graph drastically. All we can hope that someone takes the initiative, we need to get more goals from midfield asap.

With Siggy out for 3 games and Ki, albeit coming home, will be knackered and Shelvey due back soon and he will have to start playing decent footie and not just a liability, as he undoubtedly is currently.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

The Stats show that it is not desperaton time! on 15:39 - Jan 31 with 579 viewsGlyn1

What an excellent idea. We're highly unlikely to get 30 points in the 2nd half of the season but it's going to be interesting.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Stats show that it is not desperaton time! on 18:29 - Jan 31 with 469 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The dogs*it on the pitch is telling us that we are desperate for improvement though.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2015 18:29]

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Stats show that it is not desperaton time! on 18:54 - Jan 31 with 447 viewsDavillin

The Stats show that it is not desperaton time! on 15:38 - Jan 31 by sully49

The loss of Bony and indifference of Gomis will impact on that graph drastically. All we can hope that someone takes the initiative, we need to get more goals from midfield asap.

With Siggy out for 3 games and Ki, albeit coming home, will be knackered and Shelvey due back soon and he will have to start playing decent footie and not just a liability, as he undoubtedly is currently.

Thanks, Sully. What you say is true, but remember that this stat is concerned with where we are now and how we got here, and not a prediction.

Referring to another current "live" thread, I see that Donnelly has scored again. Perhaps he might come back into the first team and fulfill his potential and knock them in for the Swans. Perhaps Gomis might silence all of his doubters and knock hem in for the Swans. Perhaps . . . .

I guess the point for me is that we're not in bad shape at the moment, points-wise.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024