Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby 15:54 - Jan 31 with 4467 viewsSwanzay

2 up....
Derby on 18:25 - Jan 31 with 1261 viewsblueytheblue

Melt down by idiots more than anything.

Today just showed we are what we are, a club in transition.

Thought the formation, 4-2-3-1 suited us better than the 4-4-2. Stifled a decent Derby side for the most part. Didn't look in any real trouble prior to the first goal, an unfortunate own goal. Their no 10 crossed the ball, parallel to goal, came off Malone. That kinda thing happens when in a bad run - although Chris Wathan tweeted it was a great goal completely ignoring the fact the cross was going nowhere near the goal until deflected.

Early penalty I didn't think was a foul, but a good save by Moore.

Their second, weak goal to concede, but again individual errors.

We have roughly equal possession, had more on target shots.

We just looked like what we are, a team in transition lacking confidence at the moment. Slade changed a few things up, his signings played pretty well, let down by players like Noone who was awful. I liked the idea of bringing Fabio on to polay as a winger.

We're in a poor run of form so it should be an interesting end of season, then again get the feeling the team isn't that far away from improving.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Derby on 18:31 - Jan 31 with 1251 viewsNeath_Jack

Derby on 18:25 - Jan 31 by blueytheblue

Thought the formation, 4-2-3-1 suited us better than the 4-4-2. Stifled a decent Derby side for the most part. Didn't look in any real trouble prior to the first goal, an unfortunate own goal. Their no 10 crossed the ball, parallel to goal, came off Malone. That kinda thing happens when in a bad run - although Chris Wathan tweeted it was a great goal completely ignoring the fact the cross was going nowhere near the goal until deflected.

We just looked like what we are, a team in transition lacking confidence at the moment. Slade changed a few things up, his signings played pretty well, let down by players like Noone who was awful. I liked the idea of bringing Fabio on to polay as a winger.

We're in a poor run of form so it should be an interesting end of season, then again get the feeling the team isn't that far away from improving.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Derby on 18:33 - Jan 31 with 1245 viewsmonmouth

LoL Bluey. Transition to league 1? In no trouble before the first goal...apart from Derby missing a penalty? Equal possession? 40:60 until Derby had the game won? No threat apart from long throws.

To be fair I admire the optimism...but sheesh...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Derby on 18:37 - Jan 31 with 1230 viewsicecoldjack

A club in transition is true...all the way to L1 and hopefully L2 .

Once you went Blue it all turns to poo....
Derby on 18:45 - Jan 31 with 1211 viewsblueytheblue

Derby on 18:33 - Jan 31 by monmouth

LoL Bluey. Transition to league 1? In no trouble before the first goal...apart from Derby missing a penalty? Equal possession? 40:60 until Derby had the game won? No threat apart from long throws.

To be fair I admire the optimism...but sheesh...

Yeah, I did mention the penalty. We looked comfortable after that. There was certainly not the feeling as at some recent games where you expected the ball to go in the net at any time.

We had more threat than just long throws, had several chances after Gunarsson went off after all.

We looked a lot more solid at the back with the twosome of O'Keefe and Gunarsson protecting the back four. When we did press their defenders Derby were certainly forced into making mistakes.

Our issue is we lack a cutting edge up front able to capitalise.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2015 18:47]

Derby on 19:14 - Jan 31 with 1156 viewsmonmouth

Derby on 18:45 - Jan 31 by blueytheblue

Yeah, I did mention the penalty. We looked comfortable after that. There was certainly not the feeling as at some recent games where you expected the ball to go in the net at any time.

We had more threat than just long throws, had several chances after Gunarsson went off after all.

We looked a lot more solid at the back with the twosome of O'Keefe and Gunarsson protecting the back four. When we did press their defenders Derby were certainly forced into making mistakes.

Our issue is we lack a cutting edge up front able to capitalise.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2015 18:47]

Neighbour just said he reckoned about 15000 there? He is normally optimistic (thought you'd definitely stay up even after being dicked by Hull and Palarse last year), but I have to say, he's not saying the same things as you. Talking about sticking his ST up Slade's arse.

Derby on 19:25 - Jan 31 with 1125 viewsblueytheblue

Derby on 19:14 - Jan 31 by monmouth

Neighbour just said he reckoned about 15000 there? He is normally optimistic (thought you'd definitely stay up even after being dicked by Hull and Palarse last year), but I have to say, he's not saying the same things as you. Talking about sticking his ST up Slade's arse.

I cannot comment on your neighbour's sexual fantasies and quite frankly the image you've put in my mind may well bring my tea back up.

15k? Derby brought a decent support, so that figure would seem low. We've always, like most clubs, reported the number of tickets sold which includes STs.

Fact is, we're in transition. Only an idiot would believe we'd bounce right back up. Today our formation looked a lot more solid, forcing Derby into far more long ball than they normally do. When we pressed their defenders, it worked - got ball back, clearances into touch etc.

I'm aware some are claiming Derby didn't get out of second gear, well that's a disservice to our side today who stiffled them fairly well.

We're not at the level of competing with the top 6 at this point. No question about that. We've still got holes in that squad. We've got to take a step back to go forward at this point in time.

Derby on 19:30 - Jan 31 with 1113 viewsmonmouth

He was probably talking about Cardiff fans.

Login to get fewer ads

Derby on 19:31 - Jan 31 with 1108 viewsOldjack

Derby on 19:25 - Jan 31 by blueytheblue

I cannot comment on your neighbour's sexual fantasies and quite frankly the image you've put in my mind may well bring my tea back up.

15k? Derby brought a decent support, so that figure would seem low. We've always, like most clubs, reported the number of tickets sold which includes STs.

Fact is, we're in transition. Only an idiot would believe we'd bounce right back up. Today our formation looked a lot more solid, forcing Derby into far more long ball than they normally do. When we pressed their defenders, it worked - got ball back, clearances into touch etc.

I'm aware some are claiming Derby didn't get out of second gear, well that's a disservice to our side today who stiffled them fairly well.

We're not at the level of competing with the top 6 at this point. No question about that. We've still got holes in that squad. We've got to take a step back to go forward at this point in time.

ffs get a grip man Derby didn't get out of first gear ,mun, they were toying with you after going two up you should have taken the massive step into admin a few years back instead of trying catch up with your far superior cousins
it's only a matter of time before Tan the man does a runner ,the clock is ticking sarn

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Derby on 19:41 - Jan 31 with 1075 viewsdickythorpe

Derby on 19:31 - Jan 31 by Oldjack

ffs get a grip man Derby didn't get out of first gear ,mun, they were toying with you after going two up you should have taken the massive step into admin a few years back instead of trying catch up with your far superior cousins
it's only a matter of time before Tan the man does a runner ,the clock is ticking sarn

You were favourites to go back up mun!!!! All the Scummers i speak to call themselves "premier league team" Fancy calling 99.9% of your fans idiot....transition period FFS!!!

4 seasons we've had....you only had 1
Derby on 19:50 - Jan 31 with 1049 viewsSTEVE1

Derby on 18:25 - Jan 31 by blueytheblue

I agree never a penalty although the first goal was poor defending not unlucky second goal the keeper should have saved although he did make a cracking save from the penalty.
Derby on 20:02 - Jan 31 with 1028 viewsblueytheblue

Derby on 19:41 - Jan 31 by dickythorpe

You were favourites to go back up mun!!!! All the Scummers i speak to call themselves "premier league team" Fancy calling 99.9% of your fans idiot....transition period FFS!!!

4 seasons we've had....you only had 1

Favourites to go back up? Who claimed that laughable one? Not me.

So, getting rid of 10 players - with more to go in summer - getting the wage bill under control for FFP whilst trying to improve fitness and workrate isn't a transitional period?

I'll repeat it - any City fan expecting we'd walk this division is an idiot. We are where we are...

4 seasons you've had? Well, football existed before the Prem league. You've done well, all credit to you for that but I do believe we've been in the top league more seasons than you have.

Derby on 20:04 - Jan 31 with 1026 viewsTim_Harry

Derby on 19:25 - Jan 31 by blueytheblue

Genuine question, Bluey. Do you think there's a realistic chance of you ever competing with the top 6 in the Championship again while there's cost-cutting measures in place?

Those holes in the squad are only going to get bigger as long as the better players are being shipped out and replaced with budget signings. I know you've pointed out in the past that clubs like ourselves have done well on a budget, but, in fairness, we're pretty much an exception to the rule.

Got to be a worry as well that the gap between you and the drop zone is now only seven points, while the gap to the play-offs is thirteen.
Derby on 20:18 - Jan 31 with 997 viewsblueytheblue

Derby on 20:04 - Jan 31 by Tim_Harry

Genuine question, Bluey. Do you think there's a realistic chance of you ever competing with the top 6 in the Championship again while there's cost-cutting measures in place?

Those holes in the squad are only going to get bigger as long as the better players are being shipped out and replaced with budget signings. I know you've pointed out in the past that clubs like ourselves have done well on a budget, but, in fairness, we're pretty much an exception to the rule.

Got to be a worry as well that the gap between you and the drop zone is now only seven points, while the gap to the play-offs is thirteen.

This season? No, obviously not. In principle - why not. Bournemouth are hardly spending Chelsea like wages and transfer fees. It shows - as indeed you did - you can do well with a style of play, team ethos without what many "experts" would regard as "names".

The bulk of the players gone are either those who would never play - Burgstaller, Eikrem, or wanted to leave like Brayford. Peltier and Malone are solid defenders who focus on defending first. Revell works hard. O'Keefe I thought had a good debut, breaking play up playing the simple ball. I'd say the holes at full back have been filled - Fabio, John more wingbacks/wingers than full backs. We've a decent DM in O'Keefe; Ralls and Adeyemi are certainly good enough to play at this level.

We do lack that cutting edge. Fans clamour for Jones as he's been scoring lately yet wanted him dropped for lack of workrate previously. We lack lack something out wide - Pilkington has been injured, Noone hasn't been the same since injury and Harris is inexperienced. Today Fabio came on and played right wing, which was interesting. John used to be a winger before converting to left back, I'd say right now he'd be better suited moving back to left wing.

I tend not to worry too much. Not healthy to do so. Either way, the difference between the gap to top and gap to bottom is you expect teams at the top to continue to pick up points. Teams at the bottom, well they do need to win their games as you've already got the points in the bag. Sometimes when you're in a rut like we are you just need something to go your way.

Derby on 20:31 - Jan 31 with 960 viewsTim_Harry

Derby on 20:18 - Jan 31 by blueytheblue

This season? No, obviously not. In principle - why not. Bournemouth are hardly spending Chelsea like wages and transfer fees. It shows - as indeed you did - you can do well with a style of play, team ethos without what many "experts" would regard as "names".

The bulk of the players gone are either those who would never play - Burgstaller, Eikrem, or wanted to leave like Brayford. Peltier and Malone are solid defenders who focus on defending first. Revell works hard. O'Keefe I thought had a good debut, breaking play up playing the simple ball. I'd say the holes at full back have been filled - Fabio, John more wingbacks/wingers than full backs. We've a decent DM in O'Keefe; Ralls and Adeyemi are certainly good enough to play at this level.

We do lack that cutting edge. Fans clamour for Jones as he's been scoring lately yet wanted him dropped for lack of workrate previously. We lack lack something out wide - Pilkington has been injured, Noone hasn't been the same since injury and Harris is inexperienced. Today Fabio came on and played right wing, which was interesting. John used to be a winger before converting to left back, I'd say right now he'd be better suited moving back to left wing.

I tend not to worry too much. Not healthy to do so. Either way, the difference between the gap to top and gap to bottom is you expect teams at the top to continue to pick up points. Teams at the bottom, well they do need to win their games as you've already got the points in the bag. Sometimes when you're in a rut like we are you just need something to go your way.

No, obviously not this season. Like I said, you're closer to relegation than the play-offs so it would take an unrealistic turnaround for this season. Not that I think you'll go down mind.

I admire your optimism, I've always been that way myself with the Swans. But I still have to respectfully disagree. I can see more high earners going out with more budget players coming in. Looks like Tan's trying to cut his losses as much as possible.

Like I pointed out in the last post, clubs like ourselves and Bournemouth succeeding on a budget is quite rare. Even rarer for a club that's been through as much as you have to turn it around while cutting costs.
Derby on 20:35 - Jan 31 with 926 viewsJackFish

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31077828

Looks like Slade is also going for the head in the approach.
Derby on 20:41 - Jan 31 with 907 viewsblueytheblue

Derby on 20:35 - Jan 31 by JackFish

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31077828

Looks like Slade is also going for the head in the approach.

My head is nowhere ;)

I don't believe we'll get into the playoffs. No manager is going to say that, are they?

Derby on 20:42 - Jan 31 with 903 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Derby on 20:31 - Jan 31 by Tim_Harry

No, obviously not this season. Like I said, you're closer to relegation than the play-offs so it would take an unrealistic turnaround for this season. Not that I think you'll go down mind.

I admire your optimism, I've always been that way myself with the Swans. But I still have to respectfully disagree. I can see more high earners going out with more budget players coming in. Looks like Tan's trying to cut his losses as much as possible.

Like I pointed out in the last post, clubs like ourselves and Bournemouth succeeding on a budget is quite rare. Even rarer for a club that's been through as much as you have to turn it around while cutting costs.

Nice little debate here.

I think that there's a massive difference between clubs like ourselves when we went up, Bournemouth doing well, Blackpool etc, is that those clubs were clubs who were on a rise, through carefully managed financial solidity, a non-delusional fanbase delighting in every small step, a core of players, coaching staff working a defined style of play, a sense of continuity and growth.

Cardiff are just utterly devoid of any of that. They're a club on the decline if ever there was one, an off the shelf Pompey, Leeds, and WIgan.

It's not all black and white though. QPR are a total basket case and yet came back up under the same regime, Blackburn look like they'll contest the play-offs. But if Cardiff fans are looking at examples such as us, Bournemouth etc as teams that can do it on a budget, they miss out the other parts I mentioned earlier, we were clubs on the up, and in all fundamental ways the complete opposite of CCFC at the moment.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Derby on 20:44 - Jan 31 with 896 viewsScoobyWho

22,000 !
I don't think so ...

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Derby on 20:46 - Jan 31 with 890 viewsblueytheblue

Derby on 20:31 - Jan 31 by Tim_Harry

If high earners go, that's not a problem for me.

After all, those high earners are the players who have underperformed. Brayford I do like as a full back but was on decent wages. Bought then frozen out by Mackay, wanted to return to Sheff Utd and Clough. We got our money back for him and brought in Peltier on a free - who has over 300 games, captained teams several times.

We need to cut outgoings anyway for FFP; I have zero issue with that. Prem football would obviously help but can never be guaranteed.

The only "high earner" I'd want to keep right now based upon their form/ability for the money would be Marshall - Moore over time will be a good keeper.

Derby on 20:50 - Jan 31 with 884 viewsTim_Harry

Derby on 20:42 - Jan 31 by FearOfAJackPlanet

Nice little debate here.

I think that there's a massive difference between clubs like ourselves when we went up, Bournemouth doing well, Blackpool etc, is that those clubs were clubs who were on a rise, through carefully managed financial solidity, a non-delusional fanbase delighting in every small step, a core of players, coaching staff working a defined style of play, a sense of continuity and growth.

Cardiff are just utterly devoid of any of that. They're a club on the decline if ever there was one, an off the shelf Pompey, Leeds, and WIgan.

It's not all black and white though. QPR are a total basket case and yet came back up under the same regime, Blackburn look like they'll contest the play-offs. But if Cardiff fans are looking at examples such as us, Bournemouth etc as teams that can do it on a budget, they miss out the other parts I mentioned earlier, we were clubs on the up, and in all fundamental ways the complete opposite of CCFC at the moment.

It was a nice little debate. I think your post has pretty much settled it though!

Everything I would have said if only I could have said it so eloquently!
Derby on 21:06 - Jan 31 with 846 viewsblueytheblue

Derby on 20:44 - Jan 31 by ScoobyWho

22,000 !
I don't think so ...

As has always been the fact, the figure given is the number of tickets sold for the game which includes STs.

We've 18k STs. Factor in home ticket sales for the game plus tickets sold by Derby, figure is correct.

The only people needing to know the actual attendance in the stadium know it.

Derby on 21:06 - Jan 31 with 844 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Derby on 20:50 - Jan 31 by Tim_Harry

It was a nice little debate. I think your post has pretty much settled it though!

Everything I would have said if only I could have said it so eloquently!

I guess like most jacks, I feel a sort of elemental justice in seeing them drift down, and that desire to see them get their just deserts can cloud our judgement on how their doing, but I can't believe that anyone, as neutral as you could find, would deny they're in a mess, a total mess.

They'll come again though. For all the #bantz, they're a decent one club city who will always attract investment and fans. But I think they've got a few years of suffering to come, and further to fall, before they can turn it around and come again. The fact we're in the top 10 of the most famous/richest league in the world while that happens just makes it all the more beautiful.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Derby on 21:13 - Jan 31 with 821 viewsdgt73

Derby on 21:06 - Jan 31 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I guess like most jacks, I feel a sort of elemental justice in seeing them drift down, and that desire to see them get their just deserts can cloud our judgement on how their doing, but I can't believe that anyone, as neutral as you could find, would deny they're in a mess, a total mess.

They'll come again though. For all the #bantz, they're a decent one club city who will always attract investment and fans. But I think they've got a few years of suffering to come, and further to fall, before they can turn it around and come again. The fact we're in the top 10 of the most famous/richest league in the world while that happens just makes it all the more beautiful.

Attract investment ? I must have missed that.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Derby on 21:23 - Jan 31 with 805 viewsTim_Harry

Derby on 21:06 - Jan 31 by FearOfAJackPlanet

It irked me watching them climb the divisions back when Hammam was in charge. Not because they were our hated rivals, but because success on borrowed money seems like cheating. A bit like an athlete gaining success from drugs rather than hard work. Not just that, but the fact that they didn't seem to acknowledge that it was his money that was getting them there. Most of them just thought that they were succeeding because they were just so massive!

It's been amusing looking at their message boards these last few days. Some of them are starting to realise that they're having to pay for that borrowed success now.

Most are still deluded though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024