Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donnelly 16:20 - Jan 31 with 11909 viewsNeath_Jack

Banged another in today.

Go get him Huw.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Donnelly on 18:40 - Jan 31 with 2682 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Donnelly on 18:25 - Jan 31 by swanduck

For goodness sake the teams he was scoring against on tour are probably worse than league 2 standard!! I don't know why people are desperate for us to play someone who clearly has been deemed not good enough!! I have it in good authority that he is very lazy at training too and likes the footballer lifestyle but isn't as keen on putting the work in.

I almost think people forget re now 23 - he's not an up and coming 16 year old guys!!

I agree the opposition on that tour were woefull, so how come the much superior PL Squad players didn't manage to score 10-20 goals each against the said woeful teams?
Surely they can outscore a guy of barely League 2 standard by at least 2 or 4 to 1 can't they?
Donnelly on 18:42 - Jan 31 with 2679 viewsNeiltheTaylor

God for him. I think we can be fairly sure he isn't at the level quite yet. So let him stay there score a bit and have another look at him in the summer.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Donnelly on 19:03 - Jan 31 with 2647 viewsswanduck

Donnelly on 18:40 - Jan 31 by A_Fans_Dad

I agree the opposition on that tour were woefull, so how come the much superior PL Squad players didn't manage to score 10-20 goals each against the said woeful teams?
Surely they can outscore a guy of barely League 2 standard by at least 2 or 4 to 1 can't they?

That's not quite how it works!! I'm not even sure if you're actually being serious so I'll leave it there for now.
Donnelly on 19:25 - Jan 31 with 2608 viewssomersetsimon

Donnelly on 18:25 - Jan 31 by swanduck

For goodness sake the teams he was scoring against on tour are probably worse than league 2 standard!! I don't know why people are desperate for us to play someone who clearly has been deemed not good enough!! I have it in good authority that he is very lazy at training too and likes the footballer lifestyle but isn't as keen on putting the work in.

I almost think people forget re now 23 - he's not an up and coming 16 year old guys!!

Agree, but it was a bit pointless to send him on the first team pre-season tour (where he scored a few goals) when there didn't appear to be any intention to give him a chance in the first team. He was just taking up valuable practice time for the the other players.
Donnelly on 19:42 - Jan 31 with 2579 viewsSTEVE1

Donnelly on 19:25 - Jan 31 by somersetsimon

Agree, but it was a bit pointless to send him on the first team pre-season tour (where he scored a few goals) when there didn't appear to be any intention to give him a chance in the first team. He was just taking up valuable practice time for the the other players.

I think it was more a club tour than a first team tour loads of the youngsters went on it I suppose it would be a good experience for them if expensive. The problem was then he got injured very early on so I suppose we will never know if they intended using him he seems to have done well at Tranmere although I do question is attitude in an interview I read about him not being keen to go but Curtis explained to him how important it was to get experience.
Donnelly on 19:51 - Jan 31 with 2566 viewslibertine

I guess so many people want him to do well as its what we all been promised by the club.

and we want to be the team with the next superkid/man

I honestly forgot he was 22
Donnelly on 20:10 - Jan 31 with 2545 viewsKilkennyjack

Sometimes things click like with swans and LT10, other times they just dont work for a reason or reasons. In this case i think the club has some responsibility in taking a very promising young player and clearly failing to develop him. At 23 (soon) he should be the finished article now. I wish him well and i am glad he seems to have found a club where they need him as much as he needs them. If he arrived at swansea now, then i think its pretty clear that things are much improved over the last 15 months and his development path at our club might have been much better for him. Too late now.

Beware of the Risen People

Donnelly on 20:48 - Jan 31 with 2496 viewsswanduck

I see your point but (I don't actually know who went on the tour) was he just making up the numbers and giving a bit of depth in the striker position whilst we were out there? Pretty sure the Bony deal was completed during the tour and he may have played at the end of it? But before that we only had Michu so definitely needed some back up - no point risking him against rubbish opposition either.
Login to get fewer ads

Donnelly on 21:00 - Jan 31 with 2488 viewsquiff

Donnelly on 20:10 - Jan 31 by Kilkennyjack

Sometimes things click like with swans and LT10, other times they just dont work for a reason or reasons. In this case i think the club has some responsibility in taking a very promising young player and clearly failing to develop him. At 23 (soon) he should be the finished article now. I wish him well and i am glad he seems to have found a club where they need him as much as he needs them. If he arrived at swansea now, then i think its pretty clear that things are much improved over the last 15 months and his development path at our club might have been much better for him. Too late now.

From what I've seen of people posting his twitter posts etc on here, he seems typical of the modern young footballer, driving flash cars and thinking they've made it before they've played a game. I'm not just blaming the players either - I'd probably feel the same with money being shovelled at me at 19...

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

Donnelly on 21:13 - Jan 31 with 2469 viewsGixerJack

Donnelly on 21:00 - Jan 31 by quiff

From what I've seen of people posting his twitter posts etc on here, he seems typical of the modern young footballer, driving flash cars and thinking they've made it before they've played a game. I'm not just blaming the players either - I'd probably feel the same with money being shovelled at me at 19...

If I was 19 I'd be happy without the money..... I'd be happier with it... But ooh 19, I can just about remember it...
Donnelly on 22:46 - Jan 31 with 2412 viewsNicetoMichu

Donnelly on 21:00 - Jan 31 by quiff

Maybe if people took a look at his twitter account this week, there might be less judgement of him, he tweeted"‏@rorydonnelly92
Love when ya get the best news ever no more cancer for my dad he beat his cancer so amazing god bless" and
" Rory Donnelly retweeted
Juno340 @Juno340 · Jan 29
@rorydonnelly92 that's fantastic news, guessing that's why your other loan deal went south, family most important take care"

Suggests to me his coming back from Coventry was due to his Dad getting cancer, for all the flash car side of things I remember at an u21 game in Llanelli, his Dad and Mum in the front seats driving his 'flash'car, so suspect family car actually. He may not be premier league standard but who knows with some games under his belt.
Donnelly on 23:09 - Jan 31 with 2393 viewsScoobyWho

All a part of his education, playing with better players in different climates and against different opposition. Thats why he was involved.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Donnelly on 09:19 - Feb 1 with 2276 viewsWanderer

Donnelly on 18:42 - Jan 31 by NeiltheTaylor

God for him. I think we can be fairly sure he isn't at the level quite yet. So let him stay there score a bit and have another look at him in the summer.

This...........playing regularly, banging in goals, confidence.
Re evaluate later.
Donnelly on 12:14 - Feb 1 with 2174 viewsDafyddHuw

He;s found his level. Will never make it in the Prem.
Donnelly on 12:20 - Feb 1 with 2170 viewsDafyddHuw

Donnelly on 16:57 - Jan 31 by A_Fans_Dad

He should never have been ignored by ML, he could have been a really good prem asset by now.

That;s a really ignorant post, ignorant in the sense that it shows you don't know what you're talking about. ML did give him more of a chance than anyone. Did you see him play in the Europa away to that Russian team? Absolute gash.
Donnelly on 12:21 - Feb 1 with 2004 viewsicecoldjack

Donnelly on 12:14 - Feb 1 by DafyddHuw

He;s found his level. Will never make it in the Prem.

Agree 100%

He may progress but he wouldn't get to the required level until his window with us is well past .

I also think it's wrong to blame a lack of development in the u 21's , while the set up is improving and been far from perfect in the past we have seen players come through like Ben Davies, Joe Allen and even Shaun Mcdonald who is doing well at Bournmouth.
Donnelly on 12:56 - Feb 1 with 1977 viewsHuw57

He's got talent in him, no doubt. But lets face it he will never be a Premiership standard player, but fair play to him doing well.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2015 15:15]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Donnelly on 13:21 - Feb 1 with 1964 viewsWarwickHunt

Donnelly on 12:20 - Feb 1 by DafyddHuw

That;s a really ignorant post, ignorant in the sense that it shows you don't know what you're talking about. ML did give him more of a chance than anyone. Did you see him play in the Europa away to that Russian team? Absolute gash.

Looked like he'd have been more at home at Paradise Park. On a Sunday.
Donnelly on 13:39 - Feb 1 with 1947 viewsJackanapes

Donnelly on 16:57 - Jan 31 by A_Fans_Dad

He should never have been ignored by ML, he could have been a really good prem asset by now.

I agree.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Donnelly on 15:38 - Feb 1 with 1905 viewsClinton

Nice to see one of our loanees actually being successful somewhere even it is league 2.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Donnelly on 19:07 - Feb 1 with 1871 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Donnelly on 12:20 - Feb 1 by DafyddHuw

Yeah right.
The whole team covered itself in glory in that game didn't they, beat 5:0 at home and then lost 2:1 away.
Did you see how many starts Vasquez and Schechter had in comparison.
Donnelly was totally ignored as soon as Vasquez arrived.
And just for the record he was not rejected by Brendan, he was bought by him, played in the under 21s, scored lots of goals for them, Brendan then left, he went on the tour with ML and scored six and ML said that he could see he had a great future in the premier
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Michael-Laudrup-tips-Rory-Donnelly-shine
and then proptly ignored him.
Funny how ML didn't think he was Gash then isn't it.
You can try and rewrite history, but the Internet does not forget.
Donnelly on 21:53 - Feb 21 with 1757 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Rory scores again today.
Donnelly on 23:13 - Feb 21 with 1609 viewsKilkennyjack

Donnelly on 12:21 - Feb 1 by icecoldjack

Agree 100%

He may progress but he wouldn't get to the required level until his window with us is well past .

I also think it's wrong to blame a lack of development in the u 21's , while the set up is improving and been far from perfect in the past we have seen players come through like Ben Davies, Joe Allen and even Shaun Mcdonald who is doing well at Bournmouth.

Well done again today Rory.

Beware of the Risen People

Donnelly on 01:35 - Feb 22 with 1523 viewsItchySphincter

Donnelly on 23:13 - Feb 21 by Kilkennyjack

Well done again today Rory.

Yep he's certainly earning his corn up there. Well done.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Donnelly on 08:36 - Feb 22 with 1438 viewsjack247

This is just mental talk. To put it in perspective, Marc Richards is top scorer in league two. How many of the Donelly fans would want him back?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024