Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
XBMC and sky 00:03 - Feb 5 with 5306 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Just a quick one as know it has been done to death

Have an Android Box with XBMC and for tv and films it is faultless however been reluctant to cancel sky due to low quality sports streams.

Am I just not looking properly or will I always be struggling to get good quality?

Am tempted to cancel sky anyway to wait to see what deal they offer me to come back but just have to have it for certain sports at the minute

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

XBMC and sky on 06:59 - Feb 5 with 5256 viewsSlugster664

I am renovating my house at the moment so haven't got Sky installed as yet. I'm living in my gfs who has Virgin and I've also set up her xbmc box. I'm finding streaming the football nothing but a pain in the ass and when I do actually find something half decent the match is approaching half time then after 10, 15, 20 minutes or so of watching the second half my eyes are really strained! I've been informed that I need to watch it through NBC live sports extra, a fabulous stream apparently. However, after reading through various ways of downloading this app, I am finding this a problem! I've been watching youtube videos on how to download it and a 'repository' for it but still no joy.

My advice.....stick to Sky and pay for the sports channels, which I will be doing once I've moved in!!!!

.....unless of course you can get someone to do it for you!

STID

XBMC and sky on 07:17 - Feb 5 with 5243 viewsElward

I did same thing and had a gutsfull of it, so its sat on my tv stand essentialy as a paper weight now. I managed to download NBC sports live and a few other addos but whenever i try to use them i keep getting the same old messages. Error script failed or one or more items failed to play, so in the end i gave up.
XBMC and sky on 07:27 - Feb 5 with 5235 viewslibertyjack22

XBMC and sky on 07:17 - Feb 5 by Elward

I did same thing and had a gutsfull of it, so its sat on my tv stand essentialy as a paper weight now. I managed to download NBC sports live and a few other addos but whenever i try to use them i keep getting the same old messages. Error script failed or one or more items failed to play, so in the end i gave up.

You will need to purchase a vpn subscription, costs about £5 to £10 per month depending who you subscribe with, with this installed it changes you uk IP address to think that you are living in the USA as it gives you an american IP Address, you will then be able to watch NBC Sports, Hulu , Fox, Netflix USA etc....
hope this helps

No 1 .......Swansea City Wales' Premier Football Club

XBMC and sky on 08:08 - Feb 5 with 5196 viewsDDCH

I use Pure VPN

It has an android app as well that configures the VPN for you and is one of the cheapest I have found.

https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=6278

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

XBMC and sky on 08:14 - Feb 5 with 5193 viewsphact0rri

XBMC and sky on 07:27 - Feb 5 by libertyjack22

You will need to purchase a vpn subscription, costs about £5 to £10 per month depending who you subscribe with, with this installed it changes you uk IP address to think that you are living in the USA as it gives you an american IP Address, you will then be able to watch NBC Sports, Hulu , Fox, Netflix USA etc....
hope this helps

Just a shout. I use Tunnelbear as my VPN service, so I can tune into the BBC radiostreams for weekday matches when I'm at work (I live in the USA) and they offer, I think its 1GB for free. And where I doubt that'd get through a month streaming video. Its probably best to go with something like this to try it out and see if you can get better streams mocking a USA IP address, before going in with a monthly subscription plan.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

XBMC and sky on 08:18 - Feb 5 with 5189 viewsDDCH

XBMC and sky on 08:08 - Feb 5 by DDCH

I use Pure VPN

It has an android app as well that configures the VPN for you and is one of the cheapest I have found.

https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=6278

Just a little tip if you do look at pure VPN, when you go to the sign up page, hover the mouse over the X as if you are going to close the page and it pops up a further !0% discount......well it did for me anyhow

XBMC and sky on 08:46 - Feb 5 with 5156 viewsElward

XBMC and sky on 07:27 - Feb 5 by libertyjack22

hope this helps

Thanks for the help, will have a look through and give it a go :)

Just on the matter however, do i need any ideal minimum requirements? By this i mean i only actually have a dual core android box and im running my broabband through wireless at about 6mbps. Have been thinking of connecting it up via an ethrenet cable to obviously boost this speed but didnt wana mess around buying this and fixing that if it still wont work or my net/box is too shit to cope.
XBMC and sky on 08:54 - Feb 5 with 5147 viewsDDCH

Mine is on wifi too, and I think the speeds you are quoting is not an issue for streaming.

Login to get fewer ads

XBMC and sky on 09:31 - Feb 5 with 5122 viewsoldgrey

Xbmc (kodi) seems to be best for games which are already showing on sky or bt sport. That said, you're unlikely to get HD quality. Ace stream links (which use peer to peer technology) often give better results than flash based streams. But once again, they tend to feature legitimately transmitted games.

For the rest of the games, you really take pot luck. Some streams are better than others (it helps to view on the smallest screen possible as you will get less pixelation).

For some reason I picked up Liverpool's last home game on Saturday on a sports channel in the navi-x addon and I have to say the stream was absolutely superb. But the randomness factor is key. The chances of find a stream of that quality again other than by chance is low.

Conclusion. If you value high quality viewing of currently televised games, stick to sky. Use Kodi/xbmc for non televised games or as a back up if sent to the spare room.

The mobdro app for android devices is worth a shout - it works outside xbmc and I've found the sky and bt sport streams are pretty good. Live Media player for the iPad/iphone is also currently giving me good results via the Bein sports streams.
XBMC and sky on 10:31 - Feb 5 with 5087 viewsepaul

The future forget XBMC

http://www.maizbox.com/

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

XBMC and sky on 16:26 - Feb 5 with 5001 viewsoldgrey

XBMC and sky on 10:31 - Feb 5 by epaul

The future forget XBMC

http://www.maizbox.com/

sorry to disillusion you epaul but this is an standard xbmc box, with some front end customisation.

from their support page (if the screen reverts to the standard xbmc home page):

.... Go back to the main ribbon > SETTINGS > XBMC > LIVE TV > GENERAL > then click on ENABLED....
XBMC and sky on 19:34 - Feb 5 with 4939 viewsmalagajack

there are lots of options on kodi/xbmc, i often use woodys channels which is in the Pheonix addon (in video addons), also in navi x there are several options in the main list, just browse the list. also in pheonix is crusader which has sky channels and bein channels in the arabic list. plenty of the tv lists in navi x offer nbcsn and no vpn required. often the canadian channels have a good stream check out livesoccertv.com for listings of which channels are showing the game, then browse within xbmc. also try sportsdevil, the lshunter section usually has a decent stream too. best to browse when there is another game on just to reccy the streams. suerte
XBMC and sky on 21:00 - Mar 30 with 4487 viewsElward

Not sure if anyone uses kodi to watch any movies but i have the phoenix addon and recently everytime i attempt to watch a film, it constantly buffers. When i first got the addon movies would play flawless the entire way through. Now every 2 mins it stops and i have the buffer bar at the top and then get a little error message pop up in the bottom saying "cache filled before reaching required anount for continuous playback"

Anyone else ever had this sort of issue before or know how to fix it?
XBMC and sky on 21:25 - Mar 30 with 4463 viewsNeathJack

XBMC and sky on 21:00 - Mar 30 by Elward

Not sure if anyone uses kodi to watch any movies but i have the phoenix addon and recently everytime i attempt to watch a film, it constantly buffers. When i first got the addon movies would play flawless the entire way through. Now every 2 mins it stops and i have the buffer bar at the top and then get a little error message pop up in the bottom saying "cache filled before reaching required anount for continuous playback"

Anyone else ever had this sort of issue before or know how to fix it?

Try clearing your cache and adding 0 cache advanced xml in the Xunity Maintenance programme.

Also, try using Genesis and Cartoon HD Extra as alternatives to Phoenix
XBMC and sky on 17:09 - Mar 31 with 4345 viewsElward

Bit of a beginner but how do i clear my cache? And i presume the xunity maintenance programme thing is an addtional addon i need to install from the repository?
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 17:10]
XBMC and sky on 18:20 - Mar 31 with 4315 viewsWitneyjack

XBMC and sky on 17:09 - Mar 31 by Elward

Bit of a beginner but how do i clear my cache? And i presume the xunity maintenance programme thing is an addtional addon i need to install from the repository?
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 17:10]

To clear your cache,
1 Settings (of Android box)
2 Apps
3 Kodi
4 press clear cache button.

To set up zero caching (only needs to be done once)

If you have Xunity installed,
1 Start Kodi
2 Click on Programmes
3 Program add ons
4 Maintenance tools
5 System tweaks
6 Enable Zero Caching Settings
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 18:24]
XBMC and sky on 20:17 - Apr 1 with 4232 viewsElward

I doqnload the xunity maintenance tool etc. And click to add the 0 cache xml setting. However couldnt figure out how to clear the cache anyway? I have kodi on laptop if thats any use? Thanks for all the help
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024