Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarke Carlisle 08:57 - Feb 5 with 19267 viewsdgt73

Very selfish of him imo to endanger and put other people's lives at risk, all because he wanted to end his own life.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Clarke Carlisle on 18:49 - Feb 5 with 1333 viewsdgt73

Clarke Carlisle on 18:40 - Feb 5 by Borojack

Poor is not the word I would use
I cannot for the life of me understand why he
Is not banned.

Banned for what ? Maybe you could be banned, because i don't like what you have to say.

Clarke Carlisle on 18:54 - Feb 5 with 1316 viewsTrundle10

Clarke Carlisle on 18:49 - Feb 5 by dgt73

Banned for what ? Maybe you could be banned, because i don't like what you have to say.

He is not offensive tho. Lots of your views are.
Clarke Carlisle on 19:01 - Feb 5 with 1299 viewsVetchitBack

If looked at soberly in the cold light of day then selfish is accurate.

But to brand an otherwise seemingly decent man who must be in such a hideously dark place to want to end his life horrifically "selfish" lacks a bit of humanity in my view.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Clarke Carlisle on 19:06 - Feb 5 with 1283 viewsdgt73

Clarke Carlisle on 18:54 - Feb 5 by Trundle10

He is not offensive tho. Lots of your views are.

I find his views offensive, so can he be banned to.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2015 19:06]

Clarke Carlisle on 19:15 - Feb 5 with 1249 viewsGowerjack

Littles piece is very well written

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Clarke Carlisle on 19:17 - Feb 5 with 1237 viewsOldjack

Suicide or madness you decide , http://documentarystorm.com/madness-in-the-fast-lane/

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Clarke Carlisle on 19:19 - Feb 5 with 1230 viewsBorojack

Clarke Carlisle on 19:06 - Feb 5 by dgt73

I find his views offensive, so can he be banned to.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2015 19:06]

I find holocaust denial quite offensive.
Also not all that keen on your right wing views.
Now your onto mental health.
What next a nice homophobia thread or did I miss that one.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Clarke Carlisle on 19:28 - Feb 5 with 1208 viewsdgt73

Clarke Carlisle on 19:19 - Feb 5 by Borojack

Please could you provide a link to me denying the holocaust? You won't find one because I've never said it and why because i do believe it happened.

Login to get fewer ads

Clarke Carlisle on 19:52 - Feb 5 with 1160 viewsBorojack

Clarke Carlisle on 19:28 - Feb 5 by dgt73

Please could you provide a link to me denying the holocaust? You won't find one because I've never said it and why because i do believe it happened.

I am not going to trawl through a load of threads
to provide a link I know what I read though.
It was the thread on the holocaust memorial
you tried to trivilise it by saying you dont believe
anything goverments or politicians say.
There was a reply saying luckily for you those giving evidence
suffered the genocide.
You then backtracked so there was an initial very insensitive denial.
That I found in extremely bad taste.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Clarke Carlisle on 20:13 - Feb 5 with 1121 viewsAquinas

Agree with the OP.

CC has been done for drink driving 4/5 times now.

This board would usually condemn one instance of drink driving, but because CC wants to kill himself its ok?

What about the lorry driver who will be scarred for life after the crash CC caused? What about the victims of CC's previous offences?

There has to be a point where a human has to be held responsible for idiotic things they do. Claiming 'mental illness' is not acceptable.

If he wants to constantly involve innocent people in his drunken death acts then he should just end it. It may sound harsh but i'd much rather see the drink driver die than the innocent party.

Most of us know a victim of drink driving, yet everyone on here seems to be defending a man who has a long history of endangering innocent lives.

I hope he recovers so he no longer is a threat to the public. But he will never have my sympathy.
Clarke Carlisle on 20:15 - Feb 5 with 1112 viewsDarran

Clarke Carlisle on 20:13 - Feb 5 by Aquinas

Agree with the OP.

CC has been done for drink driving 4/5 times now.

This board would usually condemn one instance of drink driving, but because CC wants to kill himself its ok?

What about the lorry driver who will be scarred for life after the crash CC caused? What about the victims of CC's previous offences?

There has to be a point where a human has to be held responsible for idiotic things they do. Claiming 'mental illness' is not acceptable.

If he wants to constantly involve innocent people in his drunken death acts then he should just end it. It may sound harsh but i'd much rather see the drink driver die than the innocent party.

Most of us know a victim of drink driving, yet everyone on here seems to be defending a man who has a long history of endangering innocent lives.

I hope he recovers so he no longer is a threat to the public. But he will never have my sympathy.

Is that right about drink driving?
That's shocking he should be banned for life.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Clarke Carlisle on 20:21 - Feb 5 with 1092 viewsTrundle10

Clarke Carlisle on 19:19 - Feb 5 by Borojack

We had racism yesterday too.
Clarke Carlisle on 20:21 - Feb 5 with 1090 viewsAquinas

Clarke Carlisle on 20:15 - Feb 5 by Darran

That exact amount is from his friend Ralf Little who posted about their history on twitter earlier.

However after 5 minutes of web research, he was banned from driving for 20 months after pleading guilty to drink driving in 2011. He was charged with drink driving in december 2014 two days before his crash with the lorry driver. So that is at least two. I am not sure if he was under the influence when he smashed into the lorry but I imagine he was.
Clarke Carlisle on 20:26 - Feb 5 with 1072 viewsDarran

Clarke Carlisle on 20:21 - Feb 5 by Aquinas

That exact amount is from his friend Ralf Little who posted about their history on twitter earlier.

However after 5 minutes of web research, he was banned from driving for 20 months after pleading guilty to drink driving in 2011. He was charged with drink driving in december 2014 two days before his crash with the lorry driver. So that is at least two. I am not sure if he was under the influence when he smashed into the lorry but I imagine he was.

He ddnt have a crash with the lorry mun.

Clarke Carlisle on 20:28 - Feb 5 with 1064 viewsmonmouth

Clarke Carlisle on 20:15 - Feb 5 by Darran

That's what Ralf Little claimed. I saw another claim that said twice, which is still crap. He also claimed that Carlisle has messed up a lot of people, including him. Always followed by sincere apologies and promises. He used to be his flatmate I think. Little also made the point about the lorry driver.

It's still not clear cut though as what comes first, depression or alcoholism...who knows. In the old days he'd have been locked away and, if treatment doesn't work it's hard to say that for his own and other's protection, who's to say that's not for the best.

Can't happen now of course so it's anyone's guess what happens next. This is why I don't join in with the sympathy vote (except for his family and friends) but I don't join in with the blame either (except for the drink driving, he should be locked up for that alone to protect others).

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Clarke Carlisle on 20:37 - Feb 5 with 1038 viewsmorningstar

Clarke Carlisle on 20:28 - Feb 5 by monmouth

That's what Ralf Little claimed. I saw another claim that said twice, which is still crap. He also claimed that Carlisle has messed up a lot of people, including him. Always followed by sincere apologies and promises. He used to be his flatmate I think. Little also made the point about the lorry driver.

It's still not clear cut though as what comes first, depression or alcoholism...who knows. In the old days he'd have been locked away and, if treatment doesn't work it's hard to say that for his own and other's protection, who's to say that's not for the best.

Can't happen now of course so it's anyone's guess what happens next. This is why I don't join in with the sympathy vote (except for his family and friends) but I don't join in with the blame either (except for the drink driving, he should be locked up for that alone to protect others).

This is basically what I was about too say. It's all well and good people having sympathy, I sympathise with his illness of course. But ultimately if he is suffering from depression and alchoholism, then his actions alone should lead to him being sectioned under the mental health act until he is deemed to be no longer a danger to the public.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Clarke Carlisle on 20:45 - Feb 5 with 1007 viewsScoobyWho

Clarke Carlisle on 20:37 - Feb 5 by morningstar

This is basically what I was about too say. It's all well and good people having sympathy, I sympathise with his illness of course. But ultimately if he is suffering from depression and alchoholism, then his actions alone should lead to him being sectioned under the mental health act until he is deemed to be no longer a danger to the public.

Which is what happened.
Now he is under a community treatment order.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Clarke Carlisle on 20:45 - Feb 5 with 1006 viewsAquinas

Clarke Carlisle on 20:26 - Feb 5 by Darran

He ddnt have a crash with the lorry mun.

Yeah he did.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30583740
Clarke Carlisle on 20:48 - Feb 5 with 996 viewsTrundle10

Clarke Carlisle on 20:45 - Feb 5 by Aquinas

Yeah he did.

He did not drive his vehicle into a lorry.
Clarke Carlisle on 20:48 - Feb 5 with 993 viewsScoobyWho

Yeah he did.

Can he banned for drink driving for being a pedestrian

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Clarke Carlisle on 20:49 - Feb 5 with 991 viewsAquinas

Ralf Little post:

Clarke context and comments
First and foremost, and I should know this by now, twitter is not the place for this sort of thing, as it takes more than 140 characters to talk about anything seriously. So already I wish I hadn’t said anything, not because I regret the comment, but because the choice of forum was wrong and frankly understandable if people are riled up.

Next thing is, I don’t suddenly want to air a list of grievances that sound sensationalist and do some tabloid’s job for them. Clarke and I have history, that involves money, lies, on one notable occasion me being interrogated by the police over something I knew nothing about… and all sorts of other stuff.

Now, when it comes to mental illness, I understand it, I’ve lived around it, I’ve supported it, I fight against the stigmatization of it and so on. I think it’s a very real issue with a long road to go to combat it.

So that said, on to this case… It’s extremely difficult to watch someone repeatedly ruin other people’s lives, then explain it in such a way that makes them immune to criticism. And it keeps happening. It’s now reached a point where, as this proves, it’s like emotional touch paper. And sure, I’m not a professional expert on mental health, and no doubt, neither are you. But I know more about this particular case than you do just because you read about it in the Sun, or saw a documentary.

There comes a point where it’s just frustrating to witness someone constantly hammering the pattern of destruction for those around — and I was once one of those around - only to see the destructive force make a moving and sincere apology… then do it again.

(On reflection, that’s the nature of addiction/illness, and I know that all too well, but as I say, a rash tweet and it’s not the place for it. )

I should also say that during the course of this twitter… whatever it is, Clarke has been in touch with a retrospective apology over things that went on a long time ago, and I think that has to be respected by all, myself included.

Anyway... You have to be in a dark place to attempt suicide, and only a fool would suggest otherwise. However, I do find myself thinking that when you’ve been driving drunk five (is it?) times, risking lives of countless other people, and even in your darkest hour still manage to involve a lorry driver who could have died himself, and now has to live with that trauma and memory every day fro the REST of his life… Personally my stores of empathy start to dry up after a while.

Am I really that out of order for suggesting that’s not on? Do we repeatedly overlook reckless destruction of other lives beacause someone apologizes, again and again, and says it’s an illness? Isn't there a point where we can go, "enough is enough"?

I hate drink driving, I really do. I know victims of it, who have died, been paralysed, or lost loved ones, and I’ve watched this man get caught doing it several times then publicly forgiven, lauded, and handed a bl*ody good career! I’m sorry but that annoys me!

And I think that’s my overriding feeling. I don’t feel sad for Clarke any more, I was drained of that some time ago. Instead I feel sad, and maybe a little angry, for Gemma, and the kids, and the lorry driver, and the people who dived out of the way of the car all those years ago, and all the other people who have been f*cked over and over and over… you know who you are.

Of course I wish Clarke a strong recovery — and not just from the crash. It would be a better world if he and all other sufferers of such an insidious disease could find a way to fight the good fight. But when he does end up facing the drink driving charges, this time around, I hope, not least out of respect for the hundreds of drink driving victims who tweet me every year, they throw the book at him.

I don’t think that makes me a c*nt, or gobshite, or a w*nker, or any other delightful name some of you came up with, but hey it’s a free country.

Though, as a final thought, I would say again, I’m a fool for forgetting that twitter is not, and never will be, the place for a comment like that. It’s too reductive and simplistic, and yes, without context, I can see it would seem insensitive and crass. Not my intention.

I’m going to bed.
Clarke Carlisle on 20:49 - Feb 5 with 990 viewsDarran

Yeah he did.

Didn't.

Clarke Carlisle on 20:52 - Feb 5 with 980 viewsAquinas

Apologies.

I thought he drove into the lorry. Did he throw himself in front of the lorry?

Although I was wrong regarding the facts, he still deserves no sympathy for endangering the life of the lorry driver.
Clarke Carlisle on 20:52 - Feb 5 with 980 viewsjacktar

Clarke Carlisle on 20:37 - Feb 5 by morningstar

Absolutely. If he was suffering paranoid schizophrenia and as a result was a danger to the public then he would be sectioned and treated for his illness and the danger to the public subsequently removed. Depression and alcoholism in Carlisle's case would appear to be a danger to others and therefore he should not really be allowed to continue living a life where he would be free to do the same again. As sad as it is, he appears to have little control of his illness and this cannot be allowed to carry on unabated.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2015 20:55]

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Clarke Carlisle on 20:57 - Feb 5 with 961 viewsswan_si

i think some posters owe dgt73 an apology
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024