Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarke Carlisle 08:57 - Feb 5 with 19264 viewsdgt73

Very selfish of him imo to endanger and put other people's lives at risk, all because he wanted to end his own life.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Clarke Carlisle on 07:52 - Feb 6 with 1252 viewsPonderosa

Depression ISN'T a state of mind. Its a CHEMICAL IMBALANCE in the brain. Asthmatics live with Asthma, people with depression live with depression. Amazing that in 2015 people are that f*cking ignorant that they think that being well off, or being in a dream job are reasons why somebody wouldn't suffer from depression. If you don't know what you're talking about then shut the f*ck up and concentrate on football. But then, reading the constant arse dribble on this site these days there aren't that many on this forum that can do that properly

Bring The Missus

Clarke Carlisle on 08:03 - Feb 6 with 1235 viewsPhil_S

It's quite saddening to see the ignorance displayed to any form of mental health problems.

I don't think I have any more to add than that
Clarke Carlisle on 08:08 - Feb 6 with 1232 viewsdgt73

And most people with depression get on with their lives and there is help for them. It's not on when they endanger other people.

Clarke Carlisle on 08:11 - Feb 6 with 1226 viewsPonderosa

Depression is also hereditary, its in the genetic make up of us. Sure it can be an effect of a cause, but it runs in the family

Bring The Missus

Clarke Carlisle on 08:12 - Feb 6 with 1222 viewsPhil_S

Clarke Carlisle on 08:08 - Feb 6 by dgt73

And most people with depression get on with their lives and there is help for them. It's not on when they endanger other people.

If only life were so simple.
Clarke Carlisle on 08:14 - Feb 6 with 1220 viewsdgt73

Clarke Carlisle on 08:03 - Feb 6 by Phil_S

It's quite saddening to see the ignorance displayed to any form of mental health problems.

I don't think I have any more to add than that

It's not about ignorance. It's about consequences and how would you feel if you or your family were on the receiving end of something like this.

Clarke Carlisle on 08:24 - Feb 6 with 1207 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Clarke Carlisle on 22:13 - Feb 5 by skippyjack

No.. Clark Carlisle needs to realise what he's got in his life.. nice house..good job..wife..kids.. an actual future.. he needs a f*cking word with himself..

And therein lies the probable reason you're unemployed and skilless. You're too ignorant to be educated and have absolutely no empathy or understanding of anything outside of yourself.

Mentally ill people do not think rationally. Robin Williams had far more in the way off things that you would say should make him content but his mental illness didn't allow himself to recognise it.

Carlisle obviously seems to self medicate with alcohol, which in itself is a depressant so his GP should have referred him to a mental health substance abuse team where he would have been afforded the help he so desperately needs. It's all a vicious cycle, but it can be broken. I'm living proof of that.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Clarke Carlisle on 08:28 - Feb 6 with 1206 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Clarke Carlisle on 22:51 - Feb 5 by swan_si

The lady that was found dead in a lane down by the Bryn y mor last year, was a very close friend of the family, she left her house one morning, she left the back door open, her phone and purse was on the kitchen table, her coat was still hanging up in the hall, it took a week before they found her body, when they found her she had frozen to death, there was no indication of why she would do such a thing.
she was always happy, was a chirpy lady, it came as a shock, i could think of a few people who could come across as maybe being depressed, but no one suspected anything with our freind.

That has to be the quickest 360 degree turn I've ever seen on here.....

Login to get fewer ads

Clarke Carlisle on 08:29 - Feb 6 with 1204 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Clarke Carlisle on 22:25 - Feb 5 by jacktar

Mental illness destroys innocent lives!
Mental illness does not understand the word "selfish"
Mental illness is not rational.
Mental illness is largely misunderstood but will affect around 25% of people during their lifetime, with depression being the most common disorder.

Post of the day. But unfortunately the thickos will still never understand it while they have a hole in their arse

Clarke Carlisle on 08:31 - Feb 6 with 1199 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Clarke Carlisle on 08:14 - Feb 6 by dgt73

It's not about ignorance. It's about consequences and how would you feel if you or your family were on the receiving end of something like this.

Oh do shut up you utter utter c*nt

Clarke Carlisle on 08:35 - Feb 6 with 1192 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Clarke Carlisle on 07:52 - Feb 6 by Ponderosa

Depression ISN'T a state of mind. Its a CHEMICAL IMBALANCE in the brain. Asthmatics live with Asthma, people with depression live with depression. Amazing that in 2015 people are that f*cking ignorant that they think that being well off, or being in a dream job are reasons why somebody wouldn't suffer from depression. If you don't know what you're talking about then shut the f*ck up and concentrate on football. But then, reading the constant arse dribble on this site these days there aren't that many on this forum that can do that properly

That's what DGT will never grasp. He thinks it's a "freedom of choice" or lifestyle choice thing. Not something that is naturally going to cause behaviour that's completely irrational.

Clarke Carlisle on 08:36 - Feb 6 with 1188 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Clarke Carlisle on 08:35 - Feb 6 by Brynmill_Jack

That's what DGT will never grasp. He thinks it's a "freedom of choice" or lifestyle choice thing. Not something that is naturally going to cause behaviour that's completely irrational.

Completely irrational to others I may add. At the time it seems CC thought it was the only thing to do

Clarke Carlisle on 08:37 - Feb 6 with 1188 viewsBorojack

Clarke Carlisle on 22:53 - Feb 5 by Trundle10

I was being sarcastic friend.

I know mate meant to reply to skippy tricky on a phone.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Clarke Carlisle on 08:41 - Feb 6 with 1183 viewsdgt73

That's where you are wrong. My point is you can't excuse people just because they have mental health issues, for example if someone is suffering from mental problems goes on the rampage with a gun are we to say, oh the poor guy he's suffering from mental problems.?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2015 11:43]

Clarke Carlisle on 08:50 - Feb 6 with 1166 viewsPhil_S

Clarke Carlisle on 08:14 - Feb 6 by dgt73

I'd be absolutely devastated for them, who wouldn't I be

But it is completely about ignorance here because you clearly don't understand what you are dealing with on mental health issues

You're not alone on that front either, neither do a very large proportion of our population who prefer to sweep it under the carpet and pretend its not as big an issue as it can be. Which takes us full circle to why people are ignorant about it
Clarke Carlisle on 08:55 - Feb 6 with 1161 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Clarke Carlisle on 08:41 - Feb 6 by dgt73

That's where you are wrong. My point is you can't excuse people just because they have mental health issues, for example if someone is suffering from mental problems goes on the rampage with a gun are we to say, oh the poor guy he's suffering from mental problems.?
[Post edited 6 Feb 2015 11:43]

No you idiot, we're supposed to say "those poor victims. If only the assailant (also a victim) in this sorry story had got the help he needed this whole tragedy may have been avoided". Is the correct answer. It's because of ignorance like yours that society allows these things to happen.

Government support for the Mental health field is a million miles away from where it should be in terms of funding. And people like you would be the first to object if we had a tax rise to pay for these treatments .

You can't have your cake and eat it so live with it and stop complaining about people whose minds are filled so much with despair that they never look forward to anything, can't get enthusiastic or happy or just burst into tears because they see NO WAY OUT.

Instead just think how fortunate you are not to be in their shoes.

Clarke Carlisle on 09:13 - Feb 6 with 1141 viewsepaul

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/ian-herbert-the-sec

What drives Ralf Little, an actor whose contribution to social media reveals him as deep thinking and liberal, to tweet a message which suggests that Clarke Carlisle’s account of an attempt to take his own life must be viewed with deep scepticism?

Little’s tweet, in response to Carlisle telling The Sun that he felt no reason to live, was: “Oh dear. Looks like Clarke Carlisle’s going to get away with it — AGAIN,” adding: “I know the full story and it’s not what’s portrayed in the media.” Little went on to clarify his comments by saying he had little sympathy for a man who, albeit ill, keeps putting other people’s lives in danger with his reckless, alcohol-related behaviour.

Coming on #timetotalk day, designed to help those struggling to cope with mental illness — and Carlisle’s decision to step into the path of an oncoming lorry on the A64 on 22 December, was about as clear a sign of mental illness as they come — the timing and form of Little’s intervention were unfortunate. He later acknowledged that fact.

But for Little to feel such opprobrium towards Carlisle, with whom he once shared a house in west London, showed the tawdry, deeply unheroic character traits created by the addiction to drink that the former Burnley player has never managed to shake off.

To those of us who have encountered Carlisle amid the surface gloss of football, he is one of the best: gregarious, intelligent, always possessed of humility. He seemed genuinely overwhelmed to hear he had been rated eight out of 10 for his performance in a Championship play-off semi-final in 2009.

Ralf Little shared a house with Carlisle and has seen his behaviour first hand Ralf Little shared a house with Carlisle and has seen his behaviour first hand
To others — one of whom tells me in the strongest possible terms that Little’s depiction of him as an abusive, unpleasant housemate is wholly accurate — there has always been another Carlisle story. It certainly reaches way beyond the details of the 35-year-old’s recent autobiography — the appropriately entitled You Don’t Know Me.

At Burnley, the scene of Carlisle’s greatest triumphs, the mojitos told the true story. The club were in the early stages of their transformation under Owen Coyle, in February 2008, when the squad went off to Dublin for some team bonding. Carlisle hit the mojitos, the white rum-based cocktail. Witnesses were astonished. The received wisdom was that Carlisle, who had arrived at Turf Moor the previous year, had put alcohol behind him.

The sense that the demons still stalked him were confirmed when Coyle’s side won their extraordinary promotion to the Premier League a year later. There are stories of a three-day bender. “There were times he’d buy me a drink when I had to take his wallet to pay for it,” says one who knew him at the time. “He wasn’t capable of paying.”

Burnley’s Christmas bashes, at a private bar in the Bar Code venue on the Lancashire town’s Hannah Street, seem to have been less eye-catching. But it was a miracle that he should professionally have held his own, alongside Steven Caldwell and Graham Alexander, as defensive linchpins of Coyle’s Premier League side. Carlisle, their man of the match in the play-off final, was always bright and early into training, known for picking up the doughnuts and coffees for the lads.

To assume that he had put his drinking behind him simply because he had attended the Sporting Chance clinic and because he was one of the most articulate of players — Professional Footballers’ Association chairman and Countdown contestant — is a gross oversimplification.

So is his autobiography, which describes his move from Lancashire to the bright lights and anonymity of Queen’s Park Rangers in 2000, as the event which put his drinking on to another level. The disappointment of the club’s 2003 Second Division play-off final defeat to Cardiff at the Millennium Stadium was a catalyst for dangerous drinking, he says, as was his reunion with a hard-drinking school friend discharged from the Paras.

His housemates in Beavor Grove, Chiswick, at this time — Little and three others — were a third “trigger” for booze, he suggests. He portrays himself as desperate to impress Little — “a very self-assured guy,” as he describes the actor in the book. “I wanted to impress him and everyone around us. He would often say that I shouldn’t really be going out. He was desperate to be a footballer and genuinely believed he was good enough… Knowing that I had something he wanted fuelled my actions. He even came in for training at the club one day and I must say he didn’t look out of place…”

Those who have fought alcoholism will know that Little and all the rest were Carlisle’s excuses for addiction. He couldn’t shake it. He tried to take his own life in 2004. When Carlisle discussed the issue with me in October 2009 he said that his Damascene moment came when he was ordered off the team bus by the then QPR manager Ian Holloway, and found himself propping up a bar awaiting his side’s result on the BBC videprinter 24 hours later.

If he had not beaten the demons while playing, then finishing that career was always likely to fuel them. Almost every player will tell you that there is no substitute for “the 3pm feeling”.

His intelligence created more opportunities than most ex-players find and he seized them. Less well known than his work as an ITV pundit was a series of impressive articles on Olympic hopefuls in the summer of 2011.

He was thought of as a responsive PFA chairman, despite some black and minority ethnic players wanting more activism from him. That led to a very public row with Rio and Anton Ferdinand.

He had been in the Turf Moor press room doing media work, just before a drink-drive charge and the decision to try to take his life again, in December. He was talking on the theme of antenatal depression on Radio 5 Live that day. Some wondered on hearing that whether this man was trying a little too hard to be a font of wisdom.

The considerable sum he has received for his story from The Sun will not compensate him for the recent loss of a good contract as an ITV analyst. His tenure as PFA chairman has ended too. When the second part of his account of the last few months — his wife Gemma’s story — has been told in The Sun today and the attention fades, he will be left with the same, unforgiving fight faced by so many struggling with the same demons. Ralf Little’s words pierced football’s surface gloss. Some day, Carlisle may thank him for them

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Clarke Carlisle on 09:32 - Feb 6 with 1120 viewsdgt73

Clarke Carlisle on 08:31 - Feb 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Oh do shut up you utter utter c*nt

Is that the best you got.....pathetic.......just cos you have failed in life.

Clarke Carlisle on 09:39 - Feb 6 with 1104 viewsperchrockjack

Simple reply to dgt.

How do YOU know I haven't.

Its why you and others shouldn't assume your assumptions and opinions are the right ones.

Trust me on this.

Suicide is anything but cowardly as often the primary motive is the belief that their existence on this earth is a burden for others so much so that they d be better off without them.

Hard to understand I know

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Clarke Carlisle on 10:42 - Feb 6 with 1054 viewsskippyjack

.. wow.. that's all I can say.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Clarke Carlisle on 10:59 - Feb 6 with 1036 viewsskippyjack

Clarke Carlisle on 08:08 - Feb 6 by dgt73

Exactly Dgt.. when you're depressed you shouldn't endanger other people's lives or ruin other people's lives.. no matter what.. Clarke needs to understand this.. he also needs to realise what he's got.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Clarke Carlisle on 11:22 - Feb 6 with 1019 viewsC_jack

What a toilet of a thread.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Clarke Carlisle on 11:27 - Feb 6 with 1015 viewsskippyjack

Clarke Carlisle on 08:11 - Feb 6 by Ponderosa

Depression is also hereditary, its in the genetic make up of us. Sure it can be an effect of a cause, but it runs in the family

It's not hereditary.. it's a myth.. people target people in a depressed state of mind.. some do it for order and control.. depression is a business.. businesses need depressed people.. if you view the world as one big business it becomes clear..

Depression isn't an illness it's a business..

Clarke Carlisle on 11:29 - Feb 6 with 1010 viewsPonderosa

Clarke Carlisle on 11:27 - Feb 6 by skippyjack

It's not hereditary.. it's a myth.. people target people in a depressed state of mind.. some do it for order and control.. depression is a business.. businesses need depressed people.. if you view the world as one big business it becomes clear..

[Post edited 6 Feb 2015 11:37]

Bring The Missus

Clarke Carlisle on 11:41 - Feb 6 with 989 viewsdgt73

Clarke Carlisle on 11:27 - Feb 6 by skippyjack

Skip you're spot on. Pharmaceutical companies make billions out of putting people in chemical straight jackets.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024