Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City Council 18:32 - Feb 21 with 22027 viewstwotimejack

Absolute c*nts, booked every car on the grass verge along where fords is.
Provide adequate parking for 20k fans and people wouldn't park there, i only hope someone caught the warden and gave him a kicking.

Poll: Is Garry the right man to take the club on to the next level

Swansea City Council on 13:54 - Feb 23 with 3292 viewsNeathJack

I would advise everyone not to pay their fine. I have taken photos of the location and in my opinion the lines are not enforceable. I'll post the pics up this evening.
Swansea City Council on 14:02 - Feb 23 with 3276 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea City Council on 15:40 - Feb 22 by jackportis

Dont park illegally ffs. Worth considering. Wont have any reason to moan or winge then.

I'm not sure what the issue is with parking on a grass verge if it's not causing an obstruction. Is it even illegal if there are no signs/road markings? It can certainly cut up the verge, so I wouldn't do outside people's houses, but in areas where fans have been doing it for years, I really don't see the problem.

We'll have double yellows and signs everywhere next, costing god knows how much to install.
Swansea City Council on 14:47 - Feb 23 with 3238 viewsKennedy

Neathjack check your PM bud.

Everyone moaning in papers etc. These people are frustrated that there is congestion all around their homes. Which i perfectly understand however where we were parked this caused none of that, and now this action will actually make things a lot worse for them.

Just call me JFK

Swansea City Council on 15:13 - Feb 23 with 3208 viewsMorfa_Same

Quote from some halfwit at the council:

“The vehicle will be a regular part of match-day events at the Liberty Stadium where residents in nearby communities have to deal with ongoing illegal parking in streets near the stadium.

“Residents near the stadium have had enough of illegal parking.”

How many residents are there on Beaufort Road??? It's a fooking industrial estate. By stopping people parking on the grass here, that's at least 100 extra cars that will now be heading to Neath Road instead. I'm sure the residents there will be gushing with gratitude.
Swansea City Council on 16:05 - Feb 23 with 3174 viewsJackhero

As someone mentioned, don't park illegally, if you didn't then you would have nothing to complain about. If you are making a mess of the verge then you should all be charged for that too. Someone will have to pay to make it look right after you have left, especially with the weather we have been having. I'm sick to death of people moaning about things they could have prevented - I regularly have to run into roads due to obstructions by cars, I wish these CEO's were around then to book these people too! Now I know you were 'only on a grass verge' not seemingly blocking anyone, it is still illegal, get over it pay the fine and don't do it again....simple!

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

Swansea City Council on 16:08 - Feb 23 with 3173 viewsApeShit

Swansea City Council on 13:54 - Feb 23 by NeathJack

I would advise everyone not to pay their fine. I have taken photos of the location and in my opinion the lines are not enforceable. I'll post the pics up this evening.

I would advise everyone NOT to take this advice.
Swansea City Council on 16:13 - Feb 23 with 3169 viewsDyfnant

If only there was a train platform at Landore

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Swansea City Council on 16:32 - Feb 23 with 3155 viewsNeathJack

Swansea City Council on 16:08 - Feb 23 by ApeShit

I would advise everyone NOT to take this advice.

When i say not pay the fine what i should have said is appeal against the fine. Poor wording on my part.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City Council on 16:58 - Feb 23 with 3129 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea City Council on 16:13 - Feb 23 by Dyfnant

If only there was a train platform at Landore

Would make sense wouldn't it - it would be the cornerstone of an integrated travel plan (which was part of the delay with planning for the expansion I believe). Have incoming trains stop off around match times and put on a small local train as a shuttle back and forward from the station. Sorted.

No one would be prepared to pay for it though.
Swansea City Council on 17:05 - Feb 23 with 3115 viewsDyfnant

Swansea City Council on 16:58 - Feb 23 by LeonisGod

Would make sense wouldn't it - it would be the cornerstone of an integrated travel plan (which was part of the delay with planning for the expansion I believe). Have incoming trains stop off around match times and put on a small local train as a shuttle back and forward from the station. Sorted.

No one would be prepared to pay for it though.

It'd have far more annual footfall than a number of stations in South wales. At a time of a big push towards public transport, this should be a no brainer

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Swansea City Council on 17:43 - Feb 23 with 3077 viewsswan_si

Swansea City Council on 14:47 - Feb 23 by Kennedy

Neathjack check your PM bud.

Everyone moaning in papers etc. These people are frustrated that there is congestion all around their homes. Which i perfectly understand however where we were parked this caused none of that, and now this action will actually make things a lot worse for them.

a parking fine will be a lot cheaper than replacing a wing mirror, or getting a dent out of a door panel.

"These people are frustrated"
"this action will actually make things a lot worse for them."

"These people" wont put up with it.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2015 17:59]
Swansea City Council on 18:07 - Feb 23 with 3050 viewscontroversial_jack

Swansea City Council on 16:32 - Feb 23 by NeathJack

When i say not pay the fine what i should have said is appeal against the fine. Poor wording on my part.

It's not a case of appealing when you have done nothing wrong in the first place
Swansea City Council on 18:15 - Feb 23 with 3042 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea City Council on 17:43 - Feb 23 by swan_si

a parking fine will be a lot cheaper than replacing a wing mirror, or getting a dent out of a door panel.

"These people are frustrated"
"this action will actually make things a lot worse for them."

"These people" wont put up with it.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2015 17:59]

Not sure if you're threatening vandalism, condoning it or just pointing out what might happen. But it's sad to think that undoubtedly some numbskulls would stoop to damaging cars. I've been the victim of this myself, when legally parked on a public highway.
Swansea City Council on 20:00 - Feb 23 with 2969 viewsNeathJack

The double yellow lines between Howdens and Day's do not conform to correct markings as shown below as they do not have a T-Bar at one end and the T-Bar at the other end is obscured. There is no permitted variant to these markings and as such, they should not be are not enforceable.

Apparently there have been cases where the adjudicator has ruled in favour of the council in these cases but by law, these lines are not legally enforceable therefore provide grounds for appeal. I will be asking for a copy of the Traffic Regulation Order to see the extent of the prohibitive parking to see if this even covers the verges. It may do, it may not but regardless, the incorrect lineage should suffice.

Swansea City Council on 21:54 - Feb 23 with 2889 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City Council on 20:00 - Feb 23 by NeathJack

The double yellow lines between Howdens and Day's do not conform to correct markings as shown below as they do not have a T-Bar at one end and the T-Bar at the other end is obscured. There is no permitted variant to these markings and as such, they should not be are not enforceable.

Apparently there have been cases where the adjudicator has ruled in favour of the council in these cases but by law, these lines are not legally enforceable therefore provide grounds for appeal. I will be asking for a copy of the Traffic Regulation Order to see the extent of the prohibitive parking to see if this even covers the verges. It may do, it may not but regardless, the incorrect lineage should suffice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?397338-How-Far-does-of

This may help.
Swansea City Council on 22:14 - Feb 23 with 2868 viewsBobJack

Swansea City Council on 20:00 - Feb 23 by NeathJack

If that 'evidence' gets you off the fine please let us know. I think £35 for parking on a grass verge is bonkers.

It will be mayhem from now on down there , racing to park on the road. More demand than there are spaces.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Swansea City Council on 23:48 - Feb 23 with 2803 viewsskippyjack

Swansea City Council on 22:14 - Feb 23 by BobJack

If that 'evidence' gets you off the fine please let us know. I think £35 for parking on a grass verge is bonkers.

It will be mayhem from now on down there , racing to park on the road. More demand than there are spaces.

Since 2005 they've missed 10 years of income and profit.. these cars have parked there since League One.. the acres of grass by the park has been there unused for years..

If they built a car park and situated bays 10 years ago.. they would've raked in £300 every football game.. that would've produced £115,000.. plus the rugby and concerts which would've bulked it up to £175,000 by now.. the car park would've cost f*ck all an all.. somewhere around £40,000 for unlimited time to make profit.

Give me a job mush.. ffs.. this Council needs a wake up call.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2015 23:53]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Swansea City Council on 02:03 - Feb 24 with 2774 viewsSwansNZ

Swansea City Council on 19:48 - Feb 21 by Pacemaker

The offence committed by you is actually "driving elsewhere other than a road" you cannot drive over a pavement to park on a grass verge.

That is not the offence you have been booked for so you should win any appeal. You can only cross a pavement to park in a parking spot ie your drive or a car park.

Of course they could withdraw the one ticket and issue a correct one.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/34
[Post edited 21 Feb 2015 19:51]

How do they know the cars were driven off the road? Maybe the cars had a mechanical failures on the road, and were then pushed off the road, as to not cause an obstruction.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Swansea City Council on 08:38 - Feb 24 with 2727 viewsKennedy

They were saying people were damaging pavements.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Safety-fears-damage-prompt-match-day-par

And people have been complaining they have nearly been knocked over, ok the same people who actually park on there too?

So after 10 years they have now decided they are damaging pavements and the grass verges, although never seen anyone repair them.

Just call me JFK

Swansea City Council on 09:08 - Feb 24 with 2710 viewsApeShit

F*ck me, just take it on the chin and pay the £35.

Even though it was a knobbish thing to do, you were parked illegally. End of.
Swansea City Council on 16:01 - Mar 24 with 2382 viewsSwaneeRiver

After appealing unsuccessfully and paying the fine, I was amazed when I attended the Liverpool game (parking legally this time of course) that quite a few cars had not heeded or were not aware of the fallout after the Man U game.
Surely there can't be many who don't know about it now ?
Swansea City Council on 16:40 - Mar 24 with 2357 viewscontroversial_jack

Swansea City Council on 16:01 - Mar 24 by SwaneeRiver

After appealing unsuccessfully and paying the fine, I was amazed when I attended the Liverpool game (parking legally this time of course) that quite a few cars had not heeded or were not aware of the fallout after the Man U game.
Surely there can't be many who don't know about it now ?

You would have appealed to a private parking company and they would have adjudicated for or against their own interests. This is unlawful as it should be made by an independent body, probably the council. A ruling was made recently saying that this was unlawful, and those who lost their appeals were refunded. I'm sorry, I didn't keep the link, but it was definitely the case

The mistake people make is appealing , instead of challenging. By appealing, you have recognised their right to penalise you and agreed to their alleged authority.
Swansea City Council on 22:15 - Mar 24 with 2263 viewsPacemaker

Swansea City Council on 16:40 - Mar 24 by controversial_jack

You would have appealed to a private parking company and they would have adjudicated for or against their own interests. This is unlawful as it should be made by an independent body, probably the council. A ruling was made recently saying that this was unlawful, and those who lost their appeals were refunded. I'm sorry, I didn't keep the link, but it was definitely the case

The mistake people make is appealing , instead of challenging. By appealing, you have recognised their right to penalise you and agreed to their alleged authority.

I don't know where you get your legal advice from but it's almost always wrong, where have you had the information it's a private company? They are council employees.

Appealing is the first stage in any legal action what exactly is challenging if not appealing?

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Swansea City Council on 07:59 - Mar 25 with 2214 viewsSwaneeRiver

Swansea City Council on 16:40 - Mar 24 by controversial_jack

I appealed directly to Swansea City council (and spoke to them on the matter)
How is that a private company?
The letter spelled out the law as it stands regarding double yellow lines and the fact that they cover all the land including the paths, verges all the way up to the company / individuals boundary is quite clear.
Gutted - but quite clear we all broke the regulations
Swansea City Council on 21:25 - Mar 25 with 2131 viewsAndy1300

Swansea City Council on 07:59 - Mar 25 by SwaneeRiver

I appealed directly to Swansea City council (and spoke to them on the matter)
How is that a private company?
The letter spelled out the law as it stands regarding double yellow lines and the fact that they cover all the land including the paths, verges all the way up to the company / individuals boundary is quite clear.
Gutted - but quite clear we all broke the regulations

But none of the 20 cars I saw parked there for the Liverpool game got tickets.

How is the council playing fair then?

Number 1 team in Wales

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024