Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashley Barnes 15:09 - Feb 23 with 5470 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Not getting punished.........something seriously wrong with the reviewing there

Are they saying that Atkinson saw it and felt it was ok???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31590728

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Ashley Barnes on 16:41 - Feb 25 with 1758 viewsScoobyWho

Ashley Barnes on 16:40 - Feb 25 by dsr_burnley

Barnes looked at the ball when he kicked it. The ball bounced off Matic's leg and went off to the right. How fast is a man supposed to turn his head to watch the ball going out for a throw-in?

The reason he's looking at Matic's leg is because Matic has just put his leg exactly where the ball was a split second earlier.

Are there any Burnley supporters that actually think he did it on purpose ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Ashley Barnes on 16:54 - Feb 25 with 1755 viewsdsr_burnley

Ashley Barnes on 16:41 - Feb 25 by ScoobyWho

Are there any Burnley supporters that actually think he did it on purpose ?

One or two. Not many.
Ashley Barnes on 16:55 - Feb 25 with 1755 viewsTom1912

Ashley Barnes on 15:15 - Feb 25 by ApeShit

Hes not even looking that the ball! His eyes are firmly on Matic leg, its obvious hes left his foot in.

Lets hope he doesn't do it against one of ours

He's looking at where he was passing the ball to.

The photo is taken after Matic's has touched the ball.
Ashley Barnes on 17:11 - Feb 25 with 1745 viewsicecoldjack

Ashley Barnes on 13:36 - Feb 24 by dsr_burnley

Sorry, Jack, but I'm not even sure if you're watching the right video. Or else you're watching only the one that cuts in after Barnes has played the ball.

Up to the moment when Barnes touches the ball, this is what happens: Barnes receives a pass, he takes a touch to control it. Matic runs towards Barnes from the left. Barnes plays the ball backwards towards Jones, with Matic still a couple of feet away from Barnes at the moment Barnes touches the ball. None of that is controversial.

What happens next is that Matic continues his run and blocks the pass (out for a throw-in), but in the process puts his leg exactly under where Barnes' right foot was due to land. The question you can valildly ask is whether Barnes saw this leg there and decided to continue putting his foot down when he could have drawn back (I don't think he had time), or whether he realised Matic's leg was coming down there before he even passed it and took the chance to not-quite hurt him (I doubt it, he was clearly looking at the ball and couldn't have known exactly where Matic was landing).

But to say Barnes made a tackle, or that he "went in", or that he went over the ball, is demonstrably noy correct.

Yes im watching the same Video, im not saying Barnes went in to do Matic im saying that by going over the ball its a straight red card.

His intent to play the ball is irrelevent here, the fact is that it was dangerous and should have been a sending off. Pro's know if they go in high intentionally or not they could break somebodies leg and they also know its normally a straight red, hence why it doesnt happen that often, following through or not.

Barnes should have gone
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 17:17]
Ashley Barnes on 17:59 - Feb 25 with 1731 viewsApeShit

We'll have to agree to disagree, at least you can't dispute his karate kick on Ivanovic.
Ashley Barnes on 18:25 - Feb 25 with 1716 viewsdsr_burnley

Ashley Barnes on 17:11 - Feb 25 by icecoldjack

Yes im watching the same Video, im not saying Barnes went in to do Matic im saying that by going over the ball its a straight red card.

His intent to play the ball is irrelevent here, the fact is that it was dangerous and should have been a sending off. Pro's know if they go in high intentionally or not they could break somebodies leg and they also know its normally a straight red, hence why it doesnt happen that often, following through or not.

Barnes should have gone
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 17:17]

Watch it again. He kicked the ball. He didn't go over the ball.
Ashley Barnes on 18:26 - Feb 25 with 1715 viewsicecoldjack

Ashley Barnes on 17:59 - Feb 25 by ApeShit

We'll have to agree to disagree, at least you can't dispute his karate kick on Ivanovic.

I agree ! lol

Ashley Barnes on 21:24 - Feb 25 with 1691 viewsTom1912

We live in the area of the slow motion replay. Everyone is focusing on how it looks at the pitchforks come out and common sense goes out the winow. No one will be ever be able to kick a football properly again if that's "over the ball" and not allowed.

As for the first half challenge on Ivanovic, no one would dispute that. A yellow card would be the minimum there. Deliberate and sly. Ivanovic's absurd barrel rolls probably helped him out though.
Login to get fewer ads

Ashley Barnes on 12:51 - Feb 26 with 1630 viewscurleigh

Ashley Barnes on 12:20 - Feb 25 by Tom1912

Ashley Barnes passing the ball normally on the left, and Ashley Barnes putting in a bone crunching tackle where he nearly kills a poor innocent Chelsea player on the right:

The difference is nobody challenges him (on the left) on the right Matic comes in with a challenge that the unfortunate follow through catches Matic, the follow through actions are identical
Ashley Barnes on 12:52 - Feb 26 with 1630 viewscurleigh

Ashley Barnes on 16:00 - Feb 25 by Uxbridge

Not just me then. There's a great angle behind the player that shows it was an unlucky consequence of several factors, not a deliberate attempt to injure the player, or even a foul.

Ashley Barnes on 13:41 - Feb 26 with 1621 viewskarnataka

Ashley Barnes on 16:00 - Feb 25 by Uxbridge

Not just me then. There's a great angle behind the player that shows it was an unlucky consequence of several factors, not a deliberate attempt to injure the player, or even a foul.

Surely a lot of free kicks in every single match are awarded for unintentional fouls so why is this one any different?
Ashley Barnes on 13:50 - Feb 26 with 1611 viewsApeShit

Ashley Barnes on 18:26 - Feb 25 by icecoldjack

I agree ! lol

I know, I was responding to the Burnley fan.

Sorry mate :)
Ashley Barnes on 16:45 - Feb 26 with 1596 viewsTom1912

Ashley Barnes on 12:51 - Feb 26 by curleigh

The difference is nobody challenges him (on the left) on the right Matic comes in with a challenge that the unfortunate follow through catches Matic, the follow through actions are identical

Indeed. That was the point I was making.
Ashley Barnes on 19:03 - Feb 26 with 1565 viewsskippyjack

This is when the 'you haven't played the game' is valid.. IMO.. you can dress it up all you like.. but anyone who has played knows Barnes is a c*nt..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Ashley Barnes on 20:18 - Feb 26 with 1553 viewsUxbridge

Ashley Barnes on 13:41 - Feb 26 by karnataka

Surely a lot of free kicks in every single match are awarded for unintentional fouls so why is this one any different?

Because it wasn't a foul. He made contact with the ball first and the follow through was only an issue because the other player made it one with his movement towards the player.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Ashley Barnes on 20:22 - Feb 26 with 1472 viewsScoobyWho

Ashley Barnes on 20:18 - Feb 26 by Uxbridge

Because it wasn't a foul. He made contact with the ball first and the follow through was only an issue because the other player made it one with his movement towards the player.

You can foul someone and touch the ball first.

Ashley Barnes on 20:23 - Feb 26 with 1471 viewsUxbridge

Ashley Barnes on 20:22 - Feb 26 by ScoobyWho

You can foul someone and touch the ball first.

True, but this wasn't one of those cases. His action wasn't reckless, it was a natural follow through.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Ashley Barnes on 20:24 - Feb 26 with 1469 viewsScoobyWho

Ashley Barnes on 20:23 - Feb 26 by Uxbridge

True, but this wasn't one of those cases. His action wasn't reckless, it was a natural follow through.

I do tend to agree mind.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024