Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? 18:19 - Feb 24 with 14613 viewsJackSwanTV

Issue #34 of the best magazine in Swansea; Jack Swan. Please share with the world.

http://issuu.com/jackswan/docs/issue34

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:09 - Feb 24 with 2230 viewsexiledclaseboy

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:05 - Feb 24 by Neath_Jack

It's obvious what you mean by the photo, a big two fingers up to the American "Investors". People will always find a reason to take offence, even when it is patently obvious that you are not intending to offend the normal American fan. But on the other hand, people get awfully touchy about flags.

I'll get the outrage bus out the garage for you.

#JesuisJackSwanTv

I don't agree with that, and I usually do on most things. It's obvious he's picked a picture of a burning flag because he knows full well that's one of the images Americans find most offensive. If he'd wanted to put a big two fingers up to the "investors" he could have done it without deliberately setting out to offend every other American who might stumble across the magazine too. The title of this thread proves exactly what he was trying to do with that cover.

Poll: Tory leader

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:22 - Feb 24 with 2199 viewsjackrabbit

Totally disgraceful. There's a lot of evil in the world at the moment and it's time people appreciated who our friends are. That a couple of Americans have shown unwelcome interest in our football club does not excuse us insulting their flag.
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:30 - Feb 24 with 2175 viewsblueytheblue

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:22 - Feb 24 by jackrabbit

Totally disgraceful. There's a lot of evil in the world at the moment and it's time people appreciated who our friends are. That a couple of Americans have shown unwelcome interest in our football club does not excuse us insulting their flag.

America has never been a friend on that score, tbh.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:32 - Feb 24 with 2170 viewsFlashberryjack

Shame about the cover....I like the magazine, but it's gone way down in my estimations and a lot of others by the sound of it.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:37 - Feb 24 with 2159 viewsJackSwanTV

Oooooo wasn't expecting such interest. Its always lovely to hear from you all :)

First thing first, I didn't burn the flag, that would take going to some lengths. I assume the picture was taken by some terrorist in the Middle East, I paid no royalty to that terrorist before someone starts slating me for financially backing ISIS.

You read what you like into the cover. I always try and make the cover eye catching and something which will make people who haven't seen the magazine before look at it and ideally pick it up.

You seem to all think that the cover is some dig at the United States. It isn't.

Must admit that a pet hate of mine is people who are 'offended' on behalf of someone. If anyone is genuinely offended then please allow me to explain :) If not F"ck off :)

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:50 - Feb 24 with 2122 viewsJackfath

I am offended by all the adverts in it. Also the "funny" bits which sadly aren't.

Apart from that it's great.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:52 - Feb 24 with 2109 viewsJackSwanTV

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:50 - Feb 24 by Jackfath

I am offended by all the adverts in it. Also the "funny" bits which sadly aren't.

Apart from that it's great.

If you are personally offended by that then I apologise unreservedly :)

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:54 - Feb 24 with 2103 viewsUltraAmericanJack

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:37 - Feb 24 by JackSwanTV

Oooooo wasn't expecting such interest. Its always lovely to hear from you all :)

First thing first, I didn't burn the flag, that would take going to some lengths. I assume the picture was taken by some terrorist in the Middle East, I paid no royalty to that terrorist before someone starts slating me for financially backing ISIS.

You read what you like into the cover. I always try and make the cover eye catching and something which will make people who haven't seen the magazine before look at it and ideally pick it up.

You seem to all think that the cover is some dig at the United States. It isn't.

Must admit that a pet hate of mine is people who are 'offended' on behalf of someone. If anyone is genuinely offended then please allow me to explain :) If not F"ck off :)

How is the cover not a dig at the United States...it's a picture of our flag burning? Seems quite to the point if you ask me, and obviously what most others think as well.

As for taking "offense", so far, I believe two of us Americans have replied that you can do whatever you want. I don't feel "offended" at all. Tasteless, yes. Offended, no.
Login to get fewer ads

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:54 - Feb 24 with 2103 viewsDarran

Its a pathetic cover and he shouldn't be involving players in the Fanzine if he's going to do that,I'm sure the club would be horrified especially now we've got associates in America.
It's always been a shit Fanzine anyway.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:57 - Feb 24 with 2087 viewsmorningstar

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:37 - Feb 24 by JackSwanTV

I don't think anyone has said they were offended by it, just that it was quite shit. Now take your shit magazine and f*&k off of is it! Offended? No, of course your not.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:58 - Feb 24 with 2085 viewsjackrabbit

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:30 - Feb 24 by blueytheblue

America has never been a friend on that score, tbh.

Eh? Where were you in the twentieth century....and since?
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:59 - Feb 24 with 2081 viewsJackSwanTV

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:54 - Feb 24 by Darran

Its a pathetic cover and he shouldn't be involving players in the Fanzine if he's going to do that,I'm sure the club would be horrified especially now we've got associates in America.
It's always been a shit Fanzine anyway.

The magazine has nothing to do with the players. I very much doubt I could ever bring a reaction as great as "horrified" to the club, I'm proud that you think I could. Also, can we all say shit or is it just you?

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:00 - Feb 24 with 2068 viewsJackfath

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:52 - Feb 24 by JackSwanTV

If you are personally offended by that then I apologise unreservedly :)

Apology accepted. As you were.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:01 - Feb 24 with 2062 viewsDarran

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:59 - Feb 24 by JackSwanTV

The magazine has nothing to do with the players. I very much doubt I could ever bring a reaction as great as "horrified" to the club, I'm proud that you think I could. Also, can we all say shit or is it just you?

You've got f*cking photo of the captain holding a copy of it you thick tw*t.

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:01 - Feb 24 with 2062 viewsjackrabbit

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 21:57 - Feb 24 by morningstar

I don't think anyone has said they were offended by it, just that it was quite shit. Now take your shit magazine and f*&k off of is it! Offended? No, of course your not.

Well said.
Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:03 - Feb 24 with 1957 viewsJackSwanTV

Your good at making friends aren't you darran

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:04 - Feb 24 with 1952 viewsDarran

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:03 - Feb 24 by JackSwanTV

Your good at making friends aren't you darran

People don't like the truth Butt.

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:05 - Feb 24 with 1941 viewsraynor94

As Darran says the fanzine is shit, a poor attention seeking effort

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:07 - Feb 24 with 1935 viewsSwansNZ

You obviously knew the cover was offensive, else why start a thread with the title “Is cover too controversial?”

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:08 - Feb 24 with 1931 viewsJackSwanTV

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:04 - Feb 24 by Darran

People don't like the truth Butt.

Some don't you are quite right. People are all different. Some seem to generally spread love and happiness and others tend to try their very best to find problems and revel in miserie. We are a wonderful broad bunch is human beings

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:09 - Feb 24 with 1926 viewsJackSwanTV

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:07 - Feb 24 by SwansNZ

You obviously knew the cover was offensive, else why start a thread with the title “Is cover too controversial?”

I knew it would be perceived as offensive yes. Especially on here

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:11 - Feb 24 with 1920 viewsBanosswan

I don't get the whole American thing about being OUTRAGED at people burning their flag, if someone burnt the Welsh flag to incite me I'd laugh.

HOWEVER, we know it does offend Americans, so to publish it shows a complete lack of class and risks alienating a massive fan base.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:13 - Feb 24 with 1909 viewsSwansNZ

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:09 - Feb 24 by JackSwanTV

I knew it would be perceived as offensive yes. Especially on here

So, you came on here with the intention of causing offense?
You’re good at making friends, eh

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:15 - Feb 24 with 1889 viewsJackSwanTV

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:11 - Feb 24 by Banosswan

I don't get the whole American thing about being OUTRAGED at people burning their flag, if someone burnt the Welsh flag to incite me I'd laugh.

HOWEVER, we know it does offend Americans, so to publish it shows a complete lack of class and risks alienating a massive fan base.

My head is the size of a house right now. We all thinking that the future of swans fans in America rests on my shoulders? That jack swan magazine has the power to greatly increase or decrease our popularity on the other side of the Atlantic?

I'm seriously chuffed. Thank you all!

Jack swan issue #34 - Is cover too controversial? on 22:15 - Feb 24 with 1889 viewsJackfath

Do people come on Planet Swans to make friends?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024