Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
would you support local business over business from Cardiff 11:54 - Feb 25 with 4734 viewslibertine

I'm really annoyed with the Swansea councils attitude to local business,
If you had the chance of buying a product from a Swansea business or a crapdiff business, exactly the same product exactly the same price.
The Cardiff council have chosen the Cardif business and so have the Swansea council.

Neath have chosen a Neath business.

Exactly the same product. In fact the business does charitable work for the Swansea.

So what would you choose Swansea or Cardiff???
would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 13:00 - Feb 25 with 3583 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If it's just on price and no other mitigating circumstances then I'll agree it's madness to ignore our hard up local businesses for their better off Cardiffian counterparts. A disgrace if true.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 13:41 - Feb 25 with 3550 viewsdickythorpe

What product?
would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 14:06 - Feb 25 with 3535 viewslibertine

services to schools
would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 14:54 - Feb 25 with 3501 viewslibertine

I've just been told its not actually the same price
its cheaper in Swansea, but the council have said its down to value for money.

this means absolutely nothing when its the same product a book.
would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 18:15 - Feb 25 with 3432 viewslibertine

no wonder local business is fooked no ones interested
would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 18:29 - Feb 25 with 3415 viewsicecoldjack

We grew the football club by supporting it, it's no different with the city and local business, we should always try and look after local businesses, the future of the ity will eventually depend on such things, dont let the WAG try and centralize jobs,shopping restaurants,hospitals,business,rail etc,etc.
would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 18:52 - Feb 25 with 3396 viewsQuakerJack

would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 18:29 - Feb 25 by icecoldjack

We grew the football club by supporting it, it's no different with the city and local business, we should always try and look after local businesses, the future of the ity will eventually depend on such things, dont let the WAG try and centralize jobs,shopping restaurants,hospitals,business,rail etc,etc.

But that football club hires stewards from Cardiff.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 19:32 - Feb 25 with 3377 viewsicecoldjack

would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 18:52 - Feb 25 by QuakerJack

But that football club hires stewards from Cardiff.

Yeah great init!

But in fairness how many stewards from Cardiff do you hear or know at the Liberty ?

Has it actually been proven the steward was from Cardiff by the way ?
Login to get fewer ads

would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 19:59 - Feb 25 with 3367 viewslibertine

the point is if these idiots in the council aren't prepared to do anything to help small business
then where will it all end
would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 20:01 - Feb 25 with 3366 viewsjack247

would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 19:59 - Feb 25 by libertine

the point is if these idiots in the council aren't prepared to do anything to help small business

100% with you. Swansea Council remind me of FIFA!
would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 20:46 - Feb 25 with 3340 viewsblueytheblue

Same product, same price is an oversimplification. Withut any of the particulars or criteria for selection it's impossible to determine the best offer.

What is the product? A service? Would levels of knowledge and expertise between the two companies be absolutely identical? Support exactly the same?

Poll: Alternate POTY final

would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 22:22 - Feb 25 with 3297 viewsQuakerJack

would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 19:32 - Feb 25 by icecoldjack

Yeah great init!

But in fairness how many stewards from Cardiff do you hear or know at the Liberty ?

Has it actually been proven the steward was from Cardiff by the way ?

I read that the company that employs him is...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 09:50 - Feb 26 with 3215 viewslibertine

would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 20:46 - Feb 25 by blueytheblue

Same product, same price is an oversimplification. Withut any of the particulars or criteria for selection it's impossible to determine the best offer.

What is the product? A service? Would levels of knowledge and expertise between the two companies be absolutely identical? Support exactly the same?

You want the truth?

You can't handle the truth!!

Books are books, same author, same cover, value for money is just a cop out, its a nonsense its just a way for the council to let one big company from crapland charge more, which it gives back to whoever in commissions.

The only difference is a backhanders, nothing more, the council are fully aware of whats going on, they don't want to accept it as its happened under their watch.

Who knows some members may even be involved.

Its the parent of any child in a Swansea school who pays more !

The ridiculous thing is everyone knows!!!!!!!
would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 10:10 - Feb 26 with 3200 viewsblueytheblue

would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 09:50 - Feb 26 by libertine

You want the truth?

You can't handle the truth!!

Books are books, same author, same cover, value for money is just a cop out, its a nonsense its just a way for the council to let one big company from crapland charge more, which it gives back to whoever in commissions.

The only difference is a backhanders, nothing more, the council are fully aware of whats going on, they don't want to accept it as its happened under their watch.

Who knows some members may even be involved.

Its the parent of any child in a Swansea school who pays more !

The ridiculous thing is everyone knows!!!!!!!

Truth? Rubbish, you threw out something without giving any context of what the business deal involved and to be fair still haven't other than something about books.

If I was you, I'd leave it to be honest because if you did reveal further details, ie the company involved an allegation of backhanders is a very serious complaint to make. As in, you'd better be 100% of that fact and have evidence otherwise you're putting yourself and this site at risk of being potentially sued.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 12:38 - Feb 26 with 3157 viewslibertine

A person can only be sued if they are lying and im definitely not, its a well known fact amongst certain people, i'd love my day in court !!

Please don't be naïve to think that this does not go on, if I put on here what actually gone on you'd be truly shocked!!! Because I am and most people who know about it are, I'm not going to say exactly whats happened on here, not because its slanderous or untrue, but because the people involved have asked me not to, as it would inform those involved of what is known about them.
would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 19:44 - Feb 26 with 3096 viewslibertine

school supplies including books and other classroom equipment.

Council.schools buying from Crapland business at a higher cost than available from a Swansea business.

WHY?

Ask your childrens schools do they buy from local people,if not why not?
would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 10:52 - May 17 with 2933 viewslibertine

the labour party are not interested in small business,

if it was it would probably be in power now.

they think of the short term solution by selling of our land to make money, we do not have an endless supply of land, that the labour party can steal.
would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 16:26 - May 17 with 2853 viewsHighjack

If you hate the council so much vote them out. Oh wait they are Labour aren't they and this is South Wales.

Sorry, carry on.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 16:44 - May 17 with 2814 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed d and Tory scum not an option.

It's easy to get away with such behaviour.

Always been thus but they will always be voted in.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 16:48 - May 17 with 2811 viewsLeonisGod

would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 19:44 - Feb 26 by libertine

school supplies including books and other classroom equipment.

Council.schools buying from Crapland business at a higher cost than available from a Swansea business.

WHY?

Ask your childrens schools do they buy from local people,if not why not?

The schools have to get the cheapest deals possible, wherever it comes from. They're getting hammered by the council. 105 teachers are currently being sacked across the city. One third of teachers in the school our kids go to are being laid off now. The council will know doubt blame the assembly, who will no doubt blame Westminster, who will know doubt blame the last Labour govt, who will no doubt blame the recession.

105! Yet we can pay plenty to contractors and consultants to lay paving stones on our wonderful new 'boulevard' (to where exactly?).
would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 16:50 - May 17 with 2807 viewslibertine

i'm surrounded by people who say

we're labour around here,
as if its a given that where you live says what you should vote.

i'm truly glad that labour are out, oh shiiit they aren't in Wales we are devolved.

why did chukka step down then whats the truth, he seems very smooth and polished far to cool to be labour, bit of an international playboy, what did he do???
would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 17:30 - May 17 with 2781 viewsCottsy

would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 10:10 - Feb 26 by blueytheblue

Truth? Rubbish, you threw out something without giving any context of what the business deal involved and to be fair still haven't other than something about books.

If I was you, I'd leave it to be honest because if you did reveal further details, ie the company involved an allegation of backhanders is a very serious complaint to make. As in, you'd better be 100% of that fact and have evidence otherwise you're putting yourself and this site at risk of being potentially sued.

As loathe as I am to agree with bluey, he's got a point on this.

Presumably, whatever the contract was, it went through the tender process which would mean that whoever was making the decision wouldn't know which company made which offer and would have to choose the best offer on the table.

The bigger Cardiff company may have more experience in tendering for council contracts than the smaller Swansea company. The local company losing doesn't automatically mean its corruption.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 18:03 - May 17 with 2755 viewslibertine

that's what I thought , but no

the Swansea company didn't have as much experience as the cardif company,

but the truth is out and the actual products from Swansea are cheaper significantly because at this time the Swansea company have much less overheads.

The reason they choose the cardif company is because they had past experience of them and they deemed this as "value for money". They said they knew they would not let them down.

But the Swansea company gave them references to prove their ability to do the work from Carmarthen council.

The thing I really don't like about it is the hospitality events that the Swansea company don't offer, as they cannot afford to do this, the Cardiff company charge more but give better hospitality events the Swansea are less but don't do hospitality.

both companies are capable.
would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 20:32 - May 17 with 2697 viewsScoobyWho

would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 19:59 - Feb 25 by libertine

This is the same council that waves a rugby flag in the faces of our clubs board every time they discuss stadium plans etc. They are stuck in the past.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

would you support local business over business from Cardiff on 07:16 - May 18 with 2603 viewsKilkennyjack

The swansea company can challenge the decision if it has grounds to complain

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024