Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us 16:53 - Feb 25 with 6958 viewslibertine

there is not the same amount of animosity between us and any other place in Wales and it seems to be that all the other places in wales don't like Cardif, are we all just jealous of them ?

They seem to get everything and we don't

I was talking to one of the guys that runs Newport and he was saying that they support us as the only Welsh PL team

but when crapdiff were up here they did not support them.

there is more to it than football.
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 17:06 - Feb 25 with 3866 viewsJBT95

Being a born and bred Newportonian people here don't dislike Cardiff as a place, in fact many love it. I'm sure there are many people that dislike it on a sporting level though whether they be County fans or not.
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 17:18 - Feb 25 with 3841 viewslibertine

I don't mean as a place, its much better than Swansea and Newport no question of that everything is nice and new and loads of nice shops. Loads of gigs up there its a much better city as far as shops and going out.

we've got the best beaches though!
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 17:31 - Feb 25 with 3810 viewsicecoldjack

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 17:18 - Feb 25 by libertine

I don't mean as a place, its much better than Swansea and Newport no question of that everything is nice and new and loads of nice shops. Loads of gigs up there its a much better city as far as shops and going out.

I wont argue with that but i nearly always spend my money in Swansea . Very rarely i spend money up there because the welsh assembly are doing it constantly.

I totally understand people wanting to shop there though, and the city is of course very nice and so it should be with a billion quid spent on it,it's just something i don't do out of support for local businesses .

They(WAG) want everyone spending their money up there so i make a point of not bothering ..fook em !

If a want something fancy like a nice watch or expensive clothes then its London ,Stavanger/Norway where i work or Heathrow/gatwick airport duty free ! though they have good jewelers in Swansea and moda/debenhams have decent clobber.

Spend in Town mun, helping local shops will help further investment long term, we have the raw materials in Swansea bay to make the city an absolutely fantastic one .
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 17:34]
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 18:13 - Feb 25 with 3736 viewslibertine

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 17:31 - Feb 25 by icecoldjack

I wont argue with that but i nearly always spend my money in Swansea . Very rarely i spend money up there because the welsh assembly are doing it constantly.

I totally understand people wanting to shop there though, and the city is of course very nice and so it should be with a billion quid spent on it,it's just something i don't do out of support for local businesses .

They(WAG) want everyone spending their money up there so i make a point of not bothering ..fook em !

If a want something fancy like a nice watch or expensive clothes then its London ,Stavanger/Norway where i work or Heathrow/gatwick airport duty free ! though they have good jewelers in Swansea and moda/debenhams have decent clobber.

Spend in Town mun, helping local shops will help further investment long term, we have the raw materials in Swansea bay to make the city an absolutely fantastic one .

I agree with you totally,

unfortunately our backward thinking council don't.

they say that they can't bias towards local growth business as they have to abide by European legislation which does not allow such things equality for all business big or small.

its complete BS as loads of old English town and cities have helped small local business grow, in Glastonbury there is not one Maccy D or betting shop its all local business. When this was brought to the attention of the scc they said they were not prepared to comment on other councils only their own.

they disgust me they are openly corrupt
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 18:23 - Feb 25 with 3703 viewsicecoldjack

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 18:13 - Feb 25 by libertine

I agree with you totally,

unfortunately our backward thinking council don't.

they say that they can't bias towards local growth business as they have to abide by European legislation which does not allow such things equality for all business big or small.

its complete BS as loads of old English town and cities have helped small local business grow, in Glastonbury there is not one Maccy D or betting shop its all local business. When this was brought to the attention of the scc they said they were not prepared to comment on other councils only their own.

they disgust me they are openly corrupt

Yes very tragic indeed.

It's why i try and think about our local businesses when home, not a crusade by any means but i try and spend my cash in my home town, and hope to watch it grow, every little bit i spend in Swansea will help IMO.

Fook Cardiff, it's false in every shape and form .
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 18:42 - Feb 25 with 3665 viewsjohnlangy

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 17:31 - Feb 25 by icecoldjack

My sentiments exactly. They've (WAG) spent a fortune of our money on it purely to entice as many as possible to go there for shopping or whatever which then gives them to excuse to spend even more because the 'footfall' demands it and it's 'what the people want'.

Well this 'people' certainly doesn't want it. It's nothing to do with Cardiff people who are essentially the same as us, it's to do with the total bias of the WAG towards Cardiff at the expense of the rest of Wales.

Vote for the ROW party at the next election.
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 18:44 - Feb 25 with 3658 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I think the antagonism goes back to before the AM was formed and probably stems from Rugby, earlier footballing in lower leagues or just plain old natural "triballism".
I don't think the people from Llanelli and Swansea like each other very much either.
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 18:53 - Feb 25 with 3639 viewsbuilthjack

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 18:44 - Feb 25 by A_Fans_Dad

I think the antagonism goes back to before the AM was formed and probably stems from Rugby, earlier footballing in lower leagues or just plain old natural "triballism".
I don't think the people from Llanelli and Swansea like each other very much either.

Quite a lot of Turks watch us though

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 18:59 - Feb 25 with 3620 viewsLeonisGod

When I lived in N Wales it was just the same. People resent that Cardiff gets everything and the regions are an afterthought (not helped by the Assembly vote result!). So there's a general Cardiff v everyone else thing going on. On top of that they disliked CCFC because they have a history of being a bunch of yobs that show Wales in a bad light. Cardiff, Leeds, West Ham... Wherever I've been these are the teams people often talk about as having a higher percentage of d1ckheads following them. Probably unfair on the vast majority mind.
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 19:06 - Feb 25 with 3602 viewsGroo

I believe it all started during the hooligan period which more or less started in the 70's. I know of people who used to go to both grounds to watch games prior to that.

Groo does what Groo does best

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 19:34 - Feb 25 with 3564 viewsChief

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 18:53 - Feb 25 by builthjack

Quite a lot of Turks watch us though

a lot of the older lads swayed towards Cardiff more than us in Llanelli. Its a childish rugby mentality almost protest support. being traditionally a rugby town, some cant bear the thought of following anything Swansea.

however, this is changing drastically since Llanelli hasn't now had a maternity ward for a long time and therefore the vast majority were born in Swansea, coupled with the swans success and the decline of club rugby in wales

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 19:36 - Feb 25 with 3554 viewsLeonisGod

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 19:06 - Feb 25 by Groo

I believe it all started during the hooligan period which more or less started in the 70's. I know of people who used to go to both grounds to watch games prior to that.

Cardiff didn't have much to be jealous about back then either. Even in the mid to late 80s the city centre was pretty much a sh*t hole if I remember right.
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 19:42 - Feb 25 with 3540 viewsdgt73

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 17:18 - Feb 25 by libertine

How is cardiff a better place than Swansea to live in.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 20:14 - Feb 25 with 3474 viewslibertine

I didn't mean cardif being a better place to live I meant the city and the life surrounding it is better,

I would prefer tolive in Swansea because of the football team and the beaches
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 20:21 - Feb 25 with 3455 viewsStarsky

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 20:14 - Feb 25 by libertine

I didn't mean cardif being a better place to live I meant the city and the life surrounding it is better,

I would prefer tolive in Swansea because of the football team and the beaches

Is that where you do the Ayatollah?

It's just the internet, init.

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 21:04 - Feb 25 with 3359 viewscwrw

I don't like their accents, attitude, selfishness, arrogance, claaarks pies, pints of daaaark, Cardiff Blues, Cardiff Devils, football hooligans and of course Cardiff City.
They can also stick their millenium centre, millenium stadium, Dr Who exhibition and Cardiff bay up their jacksies.
Hope this makes my position clear, apologies if I've missed anything out
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 21:39 - Feb 25 with 3300 viewsjack247

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 19:42 - Feb 25 by dgt73

How is cardiff a better place than Swansea to live in.

It's not, it just has a vastly superior city centre. The residential areas are much of a muchness, some good some bad in both cities. Personally I would rather live here.
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 21:44 - Feb 25 with 3286 viewswaynekerr55

I like your sentiments Icey, but I won't spend a penny in Moda. I remember when it was Rowberry's and I found the staff very arrogant and obnoxious.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 21:50 - Feb 25 with 3272 viewsProfessor

It is largely at attitude thing with Cardiffians. Don't get me wrong there are some good people, but they really think they are better than the rest of Wales. They really rip into Valleys supporter who kept them going through the 80s. CRFC/Blues are just the same with a massive superiority complex. The only clubhouse that would not admit visitors on a match day. Not even the Turks would pull that
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 23:27 - Feb 25 with 3161 viewsperchrockjack

Cardiff to Wales is same as london to rest of uk.

It's nice to have beaches but you need the weather.

Swansea doesn't.

City first every time and thus is why cardiff is so much a better city for a foreigner to visit.

Cold wet beaches with fook all else to do ain't any good really

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 23:32 - Feb 25 with 3160 viewsStarsky

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 23:27 - Feb 25 by perchrockjack

Cardiff to Wales is same as london to rest of uk.

It's nice to have beaches but you need the weather.

Swansea doesn't.

City first every time and thus is why cardiff is so much a better city for a foreigner to visit.

Cold wet beaches with fook all else to do ain't any good really

That last sentence... Tragic and soo wrong.
Do you think it rains every day down here?
Do you think it's like Alaska or something?
Do you think the Gower is all about skinny dipping and deck chairs?
The Gower Penisular is so much more than that.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 23:35]

It's just the internet, init.

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 23:36 - Feb 25 with 3153 viewsBloodyhills

Jealous of Cardiff? Nope.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 23:51 - Feb 25 with 3138 viewsKilkennyjack

Its the Welsh Government mate. Not WAG.

Beware of the Risen People

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 23:56 - Feb 25 with 3133 viewsLeonisGod

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 23:32 - Feb 25 by Starsky

That last sentence... Tragic and soo wrong.
Do you think it rains every day down here?
Do you think it's like Alaska or something?
Do you think the Gower is all about skinny dipping and deck chairs?
The Gower Penisular is so much more than that.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 23:35]

Indeed. Nature's playground innit, but it doesn't suit some people. Give me a hill top or cliff path any day over a congested, noisy, filthy city.
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 00:28 - Feb 26 with 3092 viewsPastor_Flapps

My animosity stems from the fact that my father brought me up properly and also because they are c*nuts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024