Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us 16:53 - Feb 25 with 6867 viewslibertine

there is not the same amount of animosity between us and any other place in Wales and it seems to be that all the other places in wales don't like Cardif, are we all just jealous of them ?

They seem to get everything and we don't

I was talking to one of the guys that runs Newport and he was saying that they support us as the only Welsh PL team

but when crapdiff were up here they did not support them.

there is more to it than football.
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 01:24 - Feb 26 with 1501 viewsBrynmill_Jack

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 17:31 - Feb 25 by icecoldjack

I wont argue with that but i nearly always spend my money in Swansea . Very rarely i spend money up there because the welsh assembly are doing it constantly.

I totally understand people wanting to shop there though, and the city is of course very nice and so it should be with a billion quid spent on it,it's just something i don't do out of support for local businesses .

They(WAG) want everyone spending their money up there so i make a point of not bothering ..fook em !

If a want something fancy like a nice watch or expensive clothes then its London ,Stavanger/Norway where i work or Heathrow/gatwick airport duty free ! though they have good jewelers in Swansea and moda/debenhams have decent clobber.

Spend in Town mun, helping local shops will help further investment long term, we have the raw materials in Swansea bay to make the city an absolutely fantastic one .
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 17:34]

Yes Cardiff has some nice areas and shopping districts and has a lot of history. The problem I have is that the WAG are trying to turn it into something it will never be - an internationally renowned Capital City - which I don't think it's got a cat in held chance of pulling off.

The fact that cities within the UK such as Liverool , Manchester , Birmingham , Nottingham , Edinburgh and Glasgow are so far ahead in every respect that the WAG is throwing this cash at Cardiff to try to desperately keep up in a race they know it will never win.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 06:14 - Feb 26 with 1461 viewsjack247

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 23:27 - Feb 25 by perchrockjack

Cardiff to Wales is same as london to rest of uk.

It's nice to have beaches but you need the weather.

Swansea doesn't.

City first every time and thus is why cardiff is so much a better city for a foreigner to visit.

Cold wet beaches with fook all else to do ain't any good really

Seriously?

Have you been to Gower on a cold, clear winters day. I actually prefer it when it is deserted to the summer months.

London is the same to me, and I guess most Welsh, as it is to people who live in England. Don't get tied up in this capital city nonsense, it doesn't actually mean anything or make it a nicer place to live.
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 06:17 - Feb 26 with 1455 viewsjack247

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 01:24 - Feb 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes Cardiff has some nice areas and shopping districts and has a lot of history. The problem I have is that the WAG are trying to turn it into something it will never be - an internationally renowned Capital City - which I don't think it's got a cat in held chance of pulling off.

The fact that cities within the UK such as Liverool , Manchester , Birmingham , Nottingham , Edinburgh and Glasgow are so far ahead in every respect that the WAG is throwing this cash at Cardiff to try to desperately keep up in a race they know it will never win.

To be fair, they have done a pretty good job of polishing a turd. A turd is still a turd though. The city centre is great and Tiger Bay is nice too, it's still just a dock with a few restaurants and some high rise flats though.
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 08:51 - Feb 26 with 1408 viewsJackhero

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 23:27 - Feb 25 by perchrockjack

Swansea doesn't.

City first every time and thus is why cardiff is so much a better city for a foreigner to visit.

Well done PR glad you don't live here if thats what you think. Did you ever live here really?

As mentioned Swansea and surrounding areas e.g Gower have an amazing amount of things to do.

What you said is a bit like generalising about Liverpool. Nice having the City and docks but best not go out for fear of getting mugged or pick pocketed by all the scallys!

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 08:55 - Feb 26 with 1405 viewsCopperJack

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 17:31 - Feb 25 by icecoldjack

I wont argue with that but i nearly always spend my money in Swansea . Very rarely i spend money up there because the welsh assembly are doing it constantly.

I totally understand people wanting to shop there though, and the city is of course very nice and so it should be with a billion quid spent on it,it's just something i don't do out of support for local businesses .

They(WAG) want everyone spending their money up there so i make a point of not bothering ..fook em !

If a want something fancy like a nice watch or expensive clothes then its London ,Stavanger/Norway where i work or Heathrow/gatwick airport duty free ! though they have good jewelers in Swansea and moda/debenhams have decent clobber.

Spend in Town mun, helping local shops will help further investment long term, we have the raw materials in Swansea bay to make the city an absolutely fantastic one .
[Post edited 25 Feb 2015 17:34]

I couldn't agree more mate, I never spend my money in Cardiff because I resent the fact that a large amount of my taxes get spent in their golden project. Nearly every project started in Swansea has been done with EU money, and the shameful way our country has treated us has killed any sense of 'Welshness' for me, I now feel entirely British because I'm fed up of my own country screwing my over.

More people should shop in town or in the market, I buy all my fresh food in the market from local people. The more footfall the city gets the better it'll be, encourage investment, and also starve Cardiff of the revenue streams which is also killing our city centre, and putting lots of people out of work.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 09:36 - Feb 26 with 1387 viewslibertine

I have been for family walks down and around 3 cliffs over the last 2 weekends and found it a great experience I've done it for years and agree that its nice on a winters day (one of my daughters went into the lagoon for a quick dip), its just a different experience from a summers day.

As far as shopping for womeny things crapland is better!

I don't want to give my money to them though, but the Swansea council and welsh government don't help local Swansea business to grow they prefer to give our money to cropland, look at all the indie shops in Swansea, oh dear there is not one, except the few expensive shops.

This is our councils fault, and even more stupidly we vote the thick tw@s in.

there has to be an alternative.

backhanders are so much a part of our council, not on the lower level on the higher level.

Am I jealous and envious ?? Yes I am
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 09:49 - Feb 26 with 1383 viewsfather_jack

stories like this help fuel the love for the 'capital'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-27971042

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 09:55 - Feb 26 with 1374 viewsperchrockjack

Brynmil and the other guy

First, nice to have a post from Bryn-its been along time.

Seriously. YES .

Have I ever lived there. WTF , well before you re born and don't forget it

It follows Ive seen the place with full employment and shops/centre to be proud of.

Beaches ok in the wet?. Better how, having a picnic ruined kids running for cover, beach games curtailed and then catching the bus home soaked to the skin. Yep, that s the reality.Its nice, in a way, to drive to a deserted Middleton PO, park up,then walk to Fall Bay with your loved one hand in hand, wrapped up in Berghaus best rainproofs, but in reality, beaches on Gower in good weather triffic. In bad,like all beaches, nothing more depressing; Look around any sea side resort in the pouring rain and see the bored kids and hapless parents then come back and tell me its better. NEVER.

I see the Liverpoo card played again so ok.. correct many of the estates are dark places ,very dangerous and not n any way lie the urban paradise Swansea is.

Trouble is no fecker goes to these estates unless to shoot some fecker but they go into the CITY which is where they spend their money which provides income for people. Its the same with CARDIFF ..good shops, castle and places to go on the rain.. no tw@t wants to visit Ely ,Llanrumney or whatever they call Splott now.

To end, and to make things clear to you two,we live basically semi rural area surrounded by farms on three sides and the beach 5 minutes away. When fine its great place to be but rain? when wind comes from north west its straight at us and no fecker goes anywhere near the beach apart from the chunts who et their dogs crap on the sands.

When raining, we head 20 mins east to Liverpool for the things a vibrant city brings

Oh and Swansea never leaves your heart

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 09:56 - Feb 26 with 1379 viewsCopperJack

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 09:36 - Feb 26 by libertine

I have been for family walks down and around 3 cliffs over the last 2 weekends and found it a great experience I've done it for years and agree that its nice on a winters day (one of my daughters went into the lagoon for a quick dip), its just a different experience from a summers day.

As far as shopping for womeny things crapland is better!

I don't want to give my money to them though, but the Swansea council and welsh government don't help local Swansea business to grow they prefer to give our money to cropland, look at all the indie shops in Swansea, oh dear there is not one, except the few expensive shops.

This is our councils fault, and even more stupidly we vote the thick tw@s in.

there has to be an alternative.

backhanders are so much a part of our council, not on the lower level on the higher level.

Am I jealous and envious ?? Yes I am

I agree our council is far from blameless, but I don't think you can entirely blame it on them. Just look at the staggering amount of money they've been given compared to the rest of Wales, the St Davids and Cardiff Bay developments cost hundreds of millions if not billions, we haven't been given anywhere near a similar level of investment. Even the current proposals going through will all be private development. Look at this for example - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19443309. There's a reason their city centre is better, and it's not simply because our council are inept. They've been given far less money than their spoilt-brat of a cousin.

I shop locally or not at all, not helping their ridiculous ideology that everybody should shop in their capital and keep centralising all the wealth.

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 10:06 - Feb 26 with 1370 viewsjack247

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 09:55 - Feb 26 by perchrockjack

Brynmil and the other guy

First, nice to have a post from Bryn-its been along time.

Seriously. YES .

Have I ever lived there. WTF , well before you re born and don't forget it

It follows Ive seen the place with full employment and shops/centre to be proud of.

Beaches ok in the wet?. Better how, having a picnic ruined kids running for cover, beach games curtailed and then catching the bus home soaked to the skin. Yep, that s the reality.Its nice, in a way, to drive to a deserted Middleton PO, park up,then walk to Fall Bay with your loved one hand in hand, wrapped up in Berghaus best rainproofs, but in reality, beaches on Gower in good weather triffic. In bad,like all beaches, nothing more depressing; Look around any sea side resort in the pouring rain and see the bored kids and hapless parents then come back and tell me its better. NEVER.

I see the Liverpoo card played again so ok.. correct many of the estates are dark places ,very dangerous and not n any way lie the urban paradise Swansea is.

Trouble is no fecker goes to these estates unless to shoot some fecker but they go into the CITY which is where they spend their money which provides income for people. Its the same with CARDIFF ..good shops, castle and places to go on the rain.. no tw@t wants to visit Ely ,Llanrumney or whatever they call Splott now.

To end, and to make things clear to you two,we live basically semi rural area surrounded by farms on three sides and the beach 5 minutes away. When fine its great place to be but rain? when wind comes from north west its straight at us and no fecker goes anywhere near the beach apart from the chunts who et their dogs crap on the sands.

When raining, we head 20 mins east to Liverpool for the things a vibrant city brings

Oh and Swansea never leaves your heart

It doesn't rain in Swansea all winter you know, it's just colder and gets dark earlier.

I get that tarted up city centres like Cardiff and Liverpool are great places to visit, but that's all they are. A John Lewis and a Jamie Oliver restaurant are no reason to live somewhere.
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 10:18 - Feb 26 with 1362 viewsjohnlangy

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 21:39 - Feb 25 by jack247

It's not, it just has a vastly superior city centre. The residential areas are much of a muchness, some good some bad in both cities. Personally I would rather live here.

Whenever a big project is suggested for Cardiff City Centre the WAG provides whatever is needed to to get it done whether that be money (ours - hundreds of millions) or land.

The latest one is the development between the station and the Millennium Stadium. This won't be all our money (but a pretty substantial amount i'd imagine) but what will then happen ? The development is going to include a terminus for the valleys Metro. And who will be paying for the Metro ? We will. EVERY SINGLE PENNY. And that will be a billion or more. And this will guarantee even more visitors to Cardiff with even more being sucked out of the local economies those people come from.

All the proposed major developments in Swansea have failed, from memory, due to developers not seeing a potential return. Well, what if developers saw that Publicly funded developments like the Millennium Centre were going to be built guaranteeing a huge influx of visitors and money into the City Centre. What if they saw the WRU plunging the game into huge debt (effectively funded by the rugby supporting public) in order to get the Stadium developed in the centre again guaranteeing an injection of £10 million or so at every event staged. Their response may then be very different as seen in Cardiff.

The WAG are creating an us and them situation in Wales which needs changing.
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 10:23 - Feb 26 with 1352 viewsperchrockjack

jack.

I was back home not that long ago (I do travel down when we do not actally have a game)

Did the usual Mumbles mile stuff, went to Joes. Do you not think I have memories to treasure. Its true I see y arse when people on here have a go when I point out the obvious. You should here me ol mum (88) go on and on and on about the centre as it is now. Its why I get angry for no other reason than its been allowed to decay big time. Its hurtful to read I knowbut to me I just want to cry every time I get past Dyfatty lights.

Liverpoo tarted up. Well no.Its a city of massive significance full of listed buildings that had to cleaned up and a Dock area blighted by decades of neglect Buildings are original and other Liverpool artifacts are being renovated as we speak. Liverpool was a city ruined by outdated Trotsky filth who screwed the city for al it was worth for them.

Twas a harsh lesson

Biggest influence .capital of culture and sadly Swansea missing out was tragic and costly.

CARDIFF tarted up? truly don't give a feck I remember Cardiff to be a monumental cra hole

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 10:25 - Feb 26 with 1358 viewsCopperJack

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 10:18 - Feb 26 by johnlangy

Whenever a big project is suggested for Cardiff City Centre the WAG provides whatever is needed to to get it done whether that be money (ours - hundreds of millions) or land.

The latest one is the development between the station and the Millennium Stadium. This won't be all our money (but a pretty substantial amount i'd imagine) but what will then happen ? The development is going to include a terminus for the valleys Metro. And who will be paying for the Metro ? We will. EVERY SINGLE PENNY. And that will be a billion or more. And this will guarantee even more visitors to Cardiff with even more being sucked out of the local economies those people come from.

All the proposed major developments in Swansea have failed, from memory, due to developers not seeing a potential return. Well, what if developers saw that Publicly funded developments like the Millennium Centre were going to be built guaranteeing a huge influx of visitors and money into the City Centre. What if they saw the WRU plunging the game into huge debt (effectively funded by the rugby supporting public) in order to get the Stadium developed in the centre again guaranteeing an injection of £10 million or so at every event staged. Their response may then be very different as seen in Cardiff.

Absolutely, but the problem is, down here they don't need to try. People are so patriotic that they support Wales through and through, vote in the same Labour Welsh Government who, frankly, have been a disaster for the rest of Wales. It beggars belief that people still feel affinity to a country that continues to treat them with contempt and vote to give even greater devolution to a government who will spend our taxes in one city, whilst willfully neglecting all the others.

Before the Welsh Government, we were first to have major developments, such as the Quadrant and the Marina. Since them, we've had marginal amounts. Like you say, the Metro is only going to add to this disparity by creating a situation where more people are sucked into their capital to centralise the wealth in a way that would've made Thatcher proud. People need to start looking after the own city centre, helping local people pay their mortgages and keep jobs here.

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 11:07 - Feb 26 with 1331 viewsBrynmill_Jack

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 10:18 - Feb 26 by johnlangy

Unfortunately that is never going to change unless the assembly is abolished.
Or West Wales starts a separate movement for the kingdom of Deheubarth. Like you say local apathy will put paid to any such thing whilst we all vote for a nostalgic vision of the Labour Party that sadly no longer exists

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 11:07 - Feb 26 with 1330 viewsSkipTheJack

Swansea doesn't.

It just depends what you want in life. Everybody's different.

The stunning coastline we have in Swansea is FAR more important to me than the fancy shops, clubs and restaurants of Cardiff. I personally hate city centres and never go near them (Swansea included).
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 11:10 - Feb 26 with 1297 viewsBrynmill_Jack

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 10:25 - Feb 26 by CopperJack

Absolutely, but the problem is, down here they don't need to try. People are so patriotic that they support Wales through and through, vote in the same Labour Welsh Government who, frankly, have been a disaster for the rest of Wales. It beggars belief that people still feel affinity to a country that continues to treat them with contempt and vote to give even greater devolution to a government who will spend our taxes in one city, whilst willfully neglecting all the others.

Before the Welsh Government, we were first to have major developments, such as the Quadrant and the Marina. Since them, we've had marginal amounts. Like you say, the Metro is only going to add to this disparity by creating a situation where more people are sucked into their capital to centralise the wealth in a way that would've made Thatcher proud. People need to start looking after the own city centre, helping local people pay their mortgages and keep jobs here.

The WAG ploughed millions of our money into Rhoose Airport when all the interest from outside organisations was to develop Pembrey Airport into a major hub using Chinese money and backed by various airlines. There should be a public inquiry.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 11:10]

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 11:34 - Feb 26 with 1271 viewsjack247

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 11:07 - Feb 26 by SkipTheJack

It just depends what you want in life. Everybody's different.

The stunning coastline we have in Swansea is FAR more important to me than the fancy shops, clubs and restaurants of Cardiff. I personally hate city centres and never go near them (Swansea included).

This is exactly the point. Some people want glitzy city centres with plazas and fountains. Some aren't bothered. As much as I agree Swansea is shortchanged by WAG corruption time after time, I can't see how that makes Cardiff (or Liverpool) a better place to live. Personally, I would rather live near Gower than a 5 storey Vue Cinema with a built in Waitrose, but that's just me. Each to his own.
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 11:47 - Feb 26 with 1267 viewsClinton

People hate Cardiff for the same reason most British people hate London.
A bit of jealousy, but mainly because they have their heads up their own backsides. Right up.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 12:04 - Feb 26 with 1263 viewsjack247

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 10:23 - Feb 26 by perchrockjack

jack.

I was back home not that long ago (I do travel down when we do not actally have a game)

Did the usual Mumbles mile stuff, went to Joes. Do you not think I have memories to treasure. Its true I see y arse when people on here have a go when I point out the obvious. You should here me ol mum (88) go on and on and on about the centre as it is now. Its why I get angry for no other reason than its been allowed to decay big time. Its hurtful to read I knowbut to me I just want to cry every time I get past Dyfatty lights.

Liverpoo tarted up. Well no.Its a city of massive significance full of listed buildings that had to cleaned up and a Dock area blighted by decades of neglect Buildings are original and other Liverpool artifacts are being renovated as we speak. Liverpool was a city ruined by outdated Trotsky filth who screwed the city for al it was worth for them.

Twas a harsh lesson

Biggest influence .capital of culture and sadly Swansea missing out was tragic and costly.

CARDIFF tarted up? truly don't give a feck I remember Cardiff to be a monumental cra hole

Fair enough, I'm in my mid 30s, so can only really remember town being pretty much as it is now. You and your mum may well have a past to compare it to that I don't. I would never dispute with anyone that it's a shithole, it just doesn't bother me, it may if I lived in the centre of town.

I've only been to Liverpool twice, both for games against Everton and I only went to the ground and the city centre. I have to say, it looked very much like a jazzed up shithole a la Cardiff to me, but Ill bow to your local knowledge on that one, I haven't seen enough of it to be sure.

Going to Joes is great, but a bit of a Swansea cliché. Nothing like a blast around 3 cliffs with the dog on a cold (but dry) winter morning!
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 12:28 - Feb 26 with 1236 viewsperchrockjack

skip.

what do I want out of life

NOW...just that my wife is fully over her health issue and that I don't have anything major for some time to come.

I want my grown up kids to carry on as they are and be comfortable in life.

I want better health for long term friends and may they find peace

We are blessed where we are as we have 30 miles of coastline and lots open land and wildlife to enjoy; If its shite weather Liver pool is a short train trip and Manchester less than a hour away.

few would argue Wirral isn't a great place to live.

PS he journey from Liverpool city to Anfield or Walton is amongst the worst in the Countybut soon that wil see massive regeneration,which brings us back to SWANSEA

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 12:30 - Feb 26 with 1234 viewslibertine

I had a conversation with Townhill MP Nicholas Bradley, concerning the state of affairs within Swansea centre and Swanseas ridiculous attitude toward local businesses especially the Swansea Market.

He was a big West Brom fan and had lived here for a few years since studying in Swansea Uni, he was responsible for the regeneration of Swansea centre, he believed that he had done a fantastic job and Swansea was thriving.

hes probably a career politician who's off to make his name in the States i'm told, but my point is with a person who believes that Swansea has been regenerated, should not be a councillor, some might say hes a fool or a fraud.

what a fool!! maybe!
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 12:33 - Feb 26 with 1231 viewsCopperJack

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 11:07 - Feb 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Unfortunately that is never going to change unless the assembly is abolished.
Or West Wales starts a separate movement for the kingdom of Deheubarth. Like you say local apathy will put paid to any such thing whilst we all vote for a nostalgic vision of the Labour Party that sadly no longer exists

I agree Welsh Labour have continued to let this country down, but down here, and most other areas in Wales, they know they don't have to work for your vote, so they can continue neglecting us. People need to write to their AMs/vote for different parties, and importantly, stop spending their money in Cardiff. Whilst people think with Welsh nationalism, we will continue to be shafted while our government spends our money all in one place.

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 12:47 - Feb 26 with 1217 viewsperchrockjack

That is very very true Bryn and has always been so.

My point is and has always been that Swansea people really should be not taking all this shite and to suggest that a fantastic job has been down is just insulting.

In fact I can really comment any further without getting truly upset. Genuinely

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 13:01 - Feb 26 with 1204 viewslibertine

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 12:47 - Feb 26 by perchrockjack

That is very very true Bryn and has always been so.

My point is and has always been that Swansea people really should be not taking all this shite and to suggest that a fantastic job has been down is just insulting.

In fact I can really comment any further without getting truly upset. Genuinely

I agree totally with you, it is so cheeky for someone who does not know the area to come here and compliment himself on a fine job well done! When its a mess of depravation and poverty.

But in honesty why was this person voted in, in the first place? Maybe because no one else could be bothered to do something.

I don't really know why no one else is bothered about it, I find myself in a minority with people thinking whats he going on about again, talking boring politics.

We need some of that spirit from that night when everyone went on the march!
hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 13:05 - Feb 26 with 1197 viewscurleigh

hy is there so much animosity between crapdif and us on 21:04 - Feb 25 by cwrw

I don't like their accents, attitude, selfishness, arrogance, claaarks pies, pints of daaaark, Cardiff Blues, Cardiff Devils, football hooligans and of course Cardiff City.
They can also stick their millenium centre, millenium stadium, Dr Who exhibition and Cardiff bay up their jacksies.
Hope this makes my position clear, apologies if I've missed anything out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024