Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked 22:44 - Feb 25 with 4915 viewsDavillin

Iran has practiced on how to sink a U.S. aircraft carrier with motorboats by "building" a mockup [out of what isn't made clear], and then attacking it with venom.

The aircraft carrier was operating at a disadvantage, however, having aboard no crew, guns, radar, armor, or its usual complement of aircraft.

Do watch the carnage on the video at:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/11434660/Iran-attacks-

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 00:10 - Feb 26 with 2942 viewsHumpty

Personally I don't think you have too much to be worried about.
I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 00:21 - Feb 26 with 2933 viewsLord_Bony

Surely the American Navy realise just one Russian supplied Sunburn missile fired in the Straits if Hormus by the Iranians at the shoreline could take out the mightiest aircraft carrier they have...and there's not a lot they can do about it?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 00:23 - Feb 26 with 2930 viewsSwansNZ

Not a very realistic replica, which they didn’t actually manage to sink.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 03:16 - Feb 26 with 2875 viewsDavillin

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 00:21 - Feb 26 by Lord_Bony

Surely the American Navy realise just one Russian supplied Sunburn missile fired in the Straits if Hormus by the Iranians at the shoreline could take out the mightiest aircraft carrier they have...and there's not a lot they can do about it?

Perhaps I'm more current on US Navy arms and armaments, but I don't have very much more concern about Russian Sunburn missiles than I do about Iranian motorboats.

p.s., They're such old "technology" that I'd almost forgotten about them.

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 03:42 - Feb 26 with 2868 viewsLord_Bony

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 03:16 - Feb 26 by Davillin

Perhaps I'm more current on US Navy arms and armaments, but I don't have very much more concern about Russian Sunburn missiles than I do about Iranian motorboats.

p.s., They're such old "technology" that I'd almost forgotten about them.

Sorry,but that is just an expected,typical American response....and naive and patronising may I add. It is not old technology,I suggest you read up on it a bit more...

"Of all the missiles in Iran’s armament, the most dangerous is the Russian-made SS-N-22 Sunburn. These missiles are, simply, the fastest anti-ship weapons on the planet. The Sunburn can reach Mach 3 at high altitude. Its maximum low-altitude speed is Mach 2.2, some three times faster than the American-made Harpoon. The Sunburn takes two short minutes to cover its full range. The missile’s manufacturers state that one or two missiles could cripple a destroyer, and five missiles could sink a 20,000 ton ship. The Sunburn is also superior to the Exocet missile. Recall that it was two Exocets that ripped the USS Stark to shreds in 1987, killing 37 sailors. The Stark could not see them to stop them."

http://goldenageofgaia.com/accountability/warmongering/why-the-u-s-would-be-ill-
[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 3:44]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 17:08 - Feb 26 with 2689 viewsDavillin

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 03:42 - Feb 26 by Lord_Bony

Sorry,but that is just an expected,typical American response....and naive and patronising may I add. It is not old technology,I suggest you read up on it a bit more...

"Of all the missiles in Iran’s armament, the most dangerous is the Russian-made SS-N-22 Sunburn. These missiles are, simply, the fastest anti-ship weapons on the planet. The Sunburn can reach Mach 3 at high altitude. Its maximum low-altitude speed is Mach 2.2, some three times faster than the American-made Harpoon. The Sunburn takes two short minutes to cover its full range. The missile’s manufacturers state that one or two missiles could cripple a destroyer, and five missiles could sink a 20,000 ton ship. The Sunburn is also superior to the Exocet missile. Recall that it was two Exocets that ripped the USS Stark to shreds in 1987, killing 37 sailors. The Stark could not see them to stop them."

http://goldenageofgaia.com/accountability/warmongering/why-the-u-s-would-be-ill-
[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 3:44]

1. Regarding your first sentence:

What would happen on here if I ever wrote the following sentence in earnest about your post, "Sorry, but that is just an expected, typical Welsh response....and naive and patronising may I add"?

2. The date of your referenced article is 2007. A lot has happened in U.S. arms and armaments -- especially missile defense -- in 8 years. You might research that before you go off the deep end.

3. What do you know about the periodical in which your article appeared [in 2007] -- Golden Age of Gaia? Is it a periodical on military news, or one about fluffy ethereal theories of space travel, peace, and love, or something like that?

Check out the articles in its most recent issue -- to preserve your sanity, I suggest you stop at the titles of those articles. Link:

http://goldenageofgaia.com/

Sorry, I'm still not the least impressed. Very amused, but not impressed.

[p.s. Typical American humour intended throughout.]

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 18:07 - Feb 26 with 2652 viewsFlashberryjack

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 00:21 - Feb 26 by Lord_Bony

If you know about the Russian Sunburn Missile and it's capabilities, then I'm pretty sure the Americans are also fully aware of them.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 18:10 - Feb 26 with 2647 viewsLord_Bony

Hows about this Tone?

The Super Sunburn 2014

[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 18:12]

Login to get fewer ads

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 18:43 - Feb 26 with 2611 viewsDavillin

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 18:10 - Feb 26 by Lord_Bony

Hows about this Tone?

The Super Sunburn 2014

[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 18:12]

More humour, then? O.K.

1. I didn't understand a word. Pretty pictures, however.

2. Reminds me of the Iranian attack on the US "aircraft carrier" in the OP. No defensive anything.

3. I suggested that you research current [and made public] US missile defenses, and you get me another puff piece.

4. Do you really think that the US would have at least one carrier on duty in that area 24/7 without full knowledge of the missile's capabilities -- and US anti-missile capabilities?

Do really think that the US doesn't have every such missile ranged and defenses zeroed in on them, as well as fully detailed satellite pictures live and in colour?

5. Do you remember the first Gulf War and how Saddam's military was hyped to the skies with predictions of a US defeat etched in stone?

p.s. "Bait and Switch." First you show me the Sunburn [SSN22] which your article says is in Iran Then you switch to the SSN26 in 2014, but no hint that Iran has it. And even if they do, same responses about US missile defenses.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 18:48]

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 19:01 - Feb 26 with 2590 viewsLord_Bony

Ok lets be civil here for a moment.

YOur OP asks for a reaction of the article you put up . I gave a reaction is that ok?

You seem to be mocking the capability of Iran to take out the US Fleet...I cannot believe in this modern age that you think the US fleet is invincible against a country like Iran...I can assure you its not.

Those big carriers you have are just floating targets for modern missiles...
While the US has squandered billions on new ships coutries like Russia and China took a different course...the development of the best anti-shipping missile systems in the world. They happily supply these systems to countries like Iran and Syria. So the days of the big fleets are coming to an end as a new era of missile technology dawns on modern warfare.

Even the Pentagon acknowledge that there will soon be no defence against the new wave of developments...

It comes from the US Naval Institute, not exactly an alarmist or anti-Navy source. And what it says is that the US carrier group is scrap metal.

The Chinese military has developd a ballistic missile, Dong Feng 21, specifically designed to kill the US aircraft carriers....

“Because the missile employs a complex guidance system, low radar signature and a maneuverability that makes its flight path unpredictable, the odds that it can evade tracking systems to reach its target are increased. It is estimated that the missile can travel at mach 10 and reach its maximum range of 2000km in less than 12 minutes.” That’s the US Naval Institute speaking. They’re understating the case when they say that, with satellite guidance and maneuverability like that,
It can evade tracking suystems entirely purely because of its speed...

If the Us fleet was trapped in somewhere like the Straits of Hormuz like I said previously..it would nt be a laughing matter unfortunately...

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 19:20 - Feb 26 with 2562 viewslibertine

I don't remember the last time something like this happened but i'm sure it was right at the start of the Vietnam war,

when the US made up a story that one of their ships had been attacked by the communist yellow man.

I do not trust the US in any way, the majority of them still think that saddam Hussein was responsible for the twin towers.

there is always a hidden agenda, as in the case of the twin towers, pearl harbour and Vietnam.
I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 19:24 - Feb 26 with 2554 viewsDarran

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 19:20 - Feb 26 by libertine

I don't remember the last time something like this happened but i'm sure it was right at the start of the Vietnam war,

when the US made up a story that one of their ships had been attacked by the communist yellow man.

I do not trust the US in any way, the majority of them still think that saddam Hussein was responsible for the twin towers.

there is always a hidden agenda, as in the case of the twin towers, pearl harbour and Vietnam.

You don't mind Keith wearing the flag though eh?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 19:28 - Feb 26 with 2542 viewslibertine

the irony Dazza is the song is about

the twisted fire starter , f---ing instigator

The Big US
I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 19:35 - Feb 26 with 2531 viewsDarran

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 19:28 - Feb 26 by libertine

the irony Dazza is the song is about

the twisted fire starter , f---ing instigator

The Big US

Yeah that'll be it.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 19:39 - Feb 26 with 2525 viewsdgt73

Let's hope Iran has the latest Russian military hardware. That would make uncle Sam think twice.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 19:47 - Feb 26 with 2517 viewsLord_Bony

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 19:39 - Feb 26 by dgt73

Let's hope Iran has the latest Russian military hardware. That would make uncle Sam think twice.

Now come on now thats just daft

No one wants to see any harm done in any way to the US Navy...I m just making the point that they are not invincible thats all..even against small countries as modern anti shipping systems have levelled the playing field..

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 02:37 - Feb 27 with 2399 viewsDavillin

Lord Bony wrote, "It comes from the US Naval Institute, not exactly an alarmist or anti-Navy source. And what it says is that the US carrier group is scrap metal."

I was a member of the US Naval Institute for many years and had one article published in it, about a heroic ship and crew in WW2.

The Naval Institute doesn't make pronouncements, its writers do so freely. And I don't believe they would say that "the US carrier group is scrap metal." Why is the Navy still building and deploying carrier groups?

May I have the URL to your story?

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 02:43 - Feb 27 with 2396 viewsDavillin

Lord Bony, I'm going to leave this thread because of the anti-US posts. I don't want to tell them what I think of them and their hatred. [And Phil will be stern with me if I do.]

Please feel free to continue the discussion with me by PM.

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 16:11 - Feb 27 with 2292 viewsClinton

Going back to th speedboat tactic, did anyone tell the Iranians that your military plans are most effective if you don't publish them on Youtube first.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 16:11]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 17:10 - Feb 27 with 2269 viewsBanosswan

Aren't carriers supported by destroyers, frigates and attack subs? Plus the many fighter jets that would be scrambled within minutes of the speedboats being detected.

Gotta laugh.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:10 - Feb 27 with 2269 viewsBanosswan

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 17:13 - Feb 27 with 2267 viewsNeiltheTaylor

What do we do prior to any mission?

Yes - practice against a simulated environment.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 18:01 - Feb 27 with 2253 viewsDavillin

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 17:13 - Feb 27 by NeiltheTaylor

What do we do prior to any mission?

Yes - practice against a simulated environment.

You're correct.

This is the 21st Century -- The Age of Computers.

Most naval simulations are computerized these days. The major exceptions are international exercises. Keeps allies from bumping into each other and misunderstanding communications -- "Line Astern" being read as "Saddle your donkey," for example.

I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 18:15 - Feb 27 with 2239 viewsLeonisGod

Are people here actually questioning US military firepower? Seems like they have the hardware to wipe out any part of the planet they wish and counter any attack on them (notwithstanding political issues).

They'd be more effective imposing their diet on the Middle East though. Although a slow burner, it would kill off more than their military ever will.
I'd like to hear your reaction to the video linked on 21:19 - Feb 27 with 2203 viewsLord_Bony

Nobodys questioning the firepower of the US Navy to obliterate the planet several times over ffs.

What is in question is the vulnerability of the US Navy itself!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024