Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff's accounts are out 13:57 - Feb 26 with 19299 viewsNeathJack

This should be fun
Cardiff's accounts are out on 23:05 - Feb 26 with 2435 viewsUxbridge

Cardiff's accounts are out on 22:19 - Feb 26 by Dr_Winston

Something of a turnaround isn't it?

He's a bit delusional.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Cardiff's accounts are out on 23:08 - Feb 26 with 2426 viewsjack_lord

I was in Cardiff this afternoon and happened to be talking to someone from the Welsh FA. He said that CCFC accounts had just been released and then said he thinks that Cardiff may be in big, big trouble and surely Swans fans wouldn't really want Cardiff to go to the wall. I looked at him bemused.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Cardiff's accounts are out on 23:26 - Feb 26 with 2381 viewsParlay

Cardiff's accounts are out on 21:59 - Feb 26 by blueytheblue

I don't.

Seems someone well known here has been commenting too.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155390&sid=d964e4aa4adbb9d

"Estimated an exact loss". Hmm. Impressive.

Still he believes Mutch, Campbell, Daehli et al were sold as asset stripping.

No, not due to Caulker, Campbell, Mutch etc wanting out so they could have Prem football whatsoever. Not due to Daehli wanting to leave once Ole left. Asset stripping, that's it.

"you will soon see that i made by far the most sense in your forums history."

Well, if he wants a medal for that claim... not a difficult feat.

very easy to be a revisionist after the event. i was giving figures of between a £10m and £15m loss and was told I know nothing and Dalman is the one everyone should listen to, who was projecting a profit.

Of course it was asset stripping. Daehli in fact fired a parting shot a Solskjaers regime upon leaving. All the talented players and big earners were not being given game time.

look at the players they have been replaced with, if it wasnt an asset stripping exercise then you would be getting players of a similar standard in. if there was any intention of going straight back up do you think you would have signed Scott Malone? Alex Revell? do you think the likes of Campbell would have been allowed to leave regardless of his demands? no.

ive been calling it blow for blow for years and every year i am spot on and every year the people who argued it would never happen then are the ones that say "it was obvious anyway".

hilarious.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Cardiff's accounts are out on 23:52 - Feb 26 with 2354 viewsacejack3065

Cardiff's accounts are out on 23:26 - Feb 26 by Parlay

very easy to be a revisionist after the event. i was giving figures of between a £10m and £15m loss and was told I know nothing and Dalman is the one everyone should listen to, who was projecting a profit.

Of course it was asset stripping. Daehli in fact fired a parting shot a Solskjaers regime upon leaving. All the talented players and big earners were not being given game time.

look at the players they have been replaced with, if it wasnt an asset stripping exercise then you would be getting players of a similar standard in. if there was any intention of going straight back up do you think you would have signed Scott Malone? Alex Revell? do you think the likes of Campbell would have been allowed to leave regardless of his demands? no.

ive been calling it blow for blow for years and every year i am spot on and every year the people who argued it would never happen then are the ones that say "it was obvious anyway".

hilarious.

Welcome back dimi
Cardiff's accounts are out on 23:56 - Feb 26 with 2335 viewsParlay

thank you, wasnt aware id "gone" but thanks all the same.

Forum celebrity

Cardiff's accounts are out on 23:58 - Feb 26 with 2346 viewsacejack3065

Cardiff's accounts are out on 23:56 - Feb 26 by Parlay

thank you, wasnt aware id "gone" but thanks all the same.

Well it had been a while since you posted so we were getting a bit concerned.
Cardiff's accounts are out on 00:02 - Feb 27 with 2319 viewsParlay

Cardiff's accounts are out on 23:58 - Feb 26 by acejack3065

Well it had been a while since you posted so we were getting a bit concerned.

fans tend to get concerned when they don't hear from their heroes. unfortunately i cant be on here all the time.

Forum celebrity

Cardiff's accounts are out on 05:34 - Feb 27 with 2245 viewsjackonicko

Cardiff's accounts are out on 16:47 - Feb 26 by londonlisa2001

The asset value of the football club is not what Tan would accept though? I'm pretty certain he would require more than £10m back ?

Remember that the biggest asset that a club has is its TV income (in this case parachute payments).

Btw - for all the crowing on here, I think it's worth mentioning two points:

1. The only possible way that the directors are not actually breaking the law and trading illegally, is if the money owed to Tan is covered by some sort of agreement that he will not call it in and the income must be sufficient to cover any scheduled repayments. Therefore, it is wrong to say it will take them under unless any such agreement falls away. If there is no such agreement, the directors of the company are trading while insolvent and that is against the law.

2. There is a sizeable minority on here (minority I think, but still quite a few) that as of a week or so ago would have happily put this club in exactly the same potential situation. Including it seems, quite a few that will publicly shout 'by the fans, for the fans' from the rooftops. Next time (and there will be a next time) people start talking about 'what can go wrong' and 'it's only fair that the shareholders can cash in' remember this set of accounts and ask yourselves 'why couldn't this happen to us'? Then perhaps think again about people's motivations and the need to keep the Trust involved.

Totally agree on point 2.

On point 1, I don't think any vermin can take much comfort from the going concern basis of the accounts. Yes, there will be some agreement, which also gives air cover for wrongful trading, but invariably not worth the paper it's written on.

Just ask the employees of City Link before Christmas. Only a couple of months before, the auditors signed off the financial statements as a going concern, on the basis of a similar undertaking from Jon Moulton's private equity vehicle.

Anyway, greatly enjoyed Keith's analysis of the accounts. For a bean counter, there is nothing more entertaining than a CCFC set of accounts. I see Keith is still managing to be typically over bullish, even with the latest figures. They may have to go down as the worst run club in PL history - Bolton will be disappointed to lose that particular accolade.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff's accounts are out on 06:30 - Feb 27 with 2222 viewsGowerjack

Cardiff's accounts are out on 19:25 - Feb 26 by Dr_Winston

You left out the ego of the fanbase.

A collective of spineless, entitled nobodys. Encouraged to believe that they were somehow better than anyone else purely because they were designated a regional administrative centre. Prepared to deal with the devil himself as long as he promised to deliver the high level football that they saw as a birthright rather than something to be earned.

None of the excesses of either Hammam or Tan would have been possible without the permission and encouragement of the Cardiff fans themselves.

That should be engraved in stone and set above the entrance to Legoland.

Spot on Dr Winston.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Cardiff's accounts are out on 06:34 - Feb 27 with 2220 viewsGowerjack

Cardiff's accounts are out on 19:20 - Feb 26 by Nookiejack

So 1. will be our total cumulative share of the running costs - if this is the case.

Remember in making this decision - it is the incremental naming rights revenue from ownership - not total revenue from naming rights that counts. As you would assume we would still earn naming rights revenue - even if we didn't own the stadium.

You would probably also need to understand impact of Ospreys on that we share the costs with them now - but assume we would charge them rent of we owned the stadium.

The only reason the board have developed a sudden interest in buying the stadium is that it makes their shares more attractive to a potential investor.

The stadium then becomes a mortgageable asset .

Don't get taken in by the boards lies.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Cardiff's accounts are out on 09:05 - Feb 27 with 2137 viewsblueytheblue

Cardiff's accounts are out on 23:26 - Feb 26 by Parlay

hilarious.

Bollocks, Dimi.

Caulker, Campbell, Mutch and Medel all handed in transfer requests. They certainly all wanted out. A fact you conveniently ignore. You think it's a good idea to keep players who really don't want to be with you? Sheesh.

Block Campbell from leaving? Just a pity he'd a release clause in his contract for a specified fee - as many players do.

Daehli fired a shot at Solskaer? Hmm, revisionist, thought he slagged Slade? Again, you miss the fact Daehli was also dropped by his hero Solskjaer. The same manager he'd played for at three different teams. The same manager who left us meaning chances were Daehli would be off ASAP.

Love the idea that lowering the wage bill is clear asset stripping. Similar standard of player? What a silly idea. Look at Bournemouth, Ipswich. Do they have the big star names, the players on those high wages? Absolutely not - and I'd wager prior to this season most people would have thought Bournemouth could get relegated along with not naming their players.

I mean, it's actually freaking hilarious of you. Let's address the wage bill by having it remain more or less the same. Let's remember under Ole we had a squad of 38. 30-freaking-8. Lowering that to a more manageable number somehow equates to "asset stripping". Indeed, you conveniently fail to grasp a number of those players had contract terminations involving costs to the club - but a lower wage bill longer term.

And then you use the examples of Malone and Revell. Remind us when they were bought, Dimi. Was it in January when it became apparent promotion wasn't going to happen? When plans changed to trim the squad and cut the wage bill? Or was it in summer when promotion was the goal?

The irony is that you seem to want to cite the January transfers as being players of lesser standard when they've all strengthened the squad and indeed the first team. Peltier is an upgrade at right back over Brayford - a free transfer. Malone gets criticised defensively yet people ignore the lack of cover ahead of him. Revell is a worker up front - a taller Campbell.
Kennedy has come in and given us another good winger. O'Keefe adds bite. All either first team or subs bench. Unbeaten in 5 games now, conceding only 2 goals. I'd say the standard seems to be improving as these poor players settle in.

As you say, "hilarious".

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Cardiff's accounts are out on 09:21 - Feb 27 with 2121 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cardiff's accounts are out on 09:05 - Feb 27 by blueytheblue

Bollocks, Dimi.

Caulker, Campbell, Mutch and Medel all handed in transfer requests. They certainly all wanted out. A fact you conveniently ignore. You think it's a good idea to keep players who really don't want to be with you? Sheesh.

Block Campbell from leaving? Just a pity he'd a release clause in his contract for a specified fee - as many players do.

Daehli fired a shot at Solskaer? Hmm, revisionist, thought he slagged Slade? Again, you miss the fact Daehli was also dropped by his hero Solskjaer. The same manager he'd played for at three different teams. The same manager who left us meaning chances were Daehli would be off ASAP.

Love the idea that lowering the wage bill is clear asset stripping. Similar standard of player? What a silly idea. Look at Bournemouth, Ipswich. Do they have the big star names, the players on those high wages? Absolutely not - and I'd wager prior to this season most people would have thought Bournemouth could get relegated along with not naming their players.

I mean, it's actually freaking hilarious of you. Let's address the wage bill by having it remain more or less the same. Let's remember under Ole we had a squad of 38. 30-freaking-8. Lowering that to a more manageable number somehow equates to "asset stripping". Indeed, you conveniently fail to grasp a number of those players had contract terminations involving costs to the club - but a lower wage bill longer term.

And then you use the examples of Malone and Revell. Remind us when they were bought, Dimi. Was it in January when it became apparent promotion wasn't going to happen? When plans changed to trim the squad and cut the wage bill? Or was it in summer when promotion was the goal?

The irony is that you seem to want to cite the January transfers as being players of lesser standard when they've all strengthened the squad and indeed the first team. Peltier is an upgrade at right back over Brayford - a free transfer. Malone gets criticised defensively yet people ignore the lack of cover ahead of him. Revell is a worker up front - a taller Campbell.
Kennedy has come in and given us another good winger. O'Keefe adds bite. All either first team or subs bench. Unbeaten in 5 games now, conceding only 2 goals. I'd say the standard seems to be improving as these poor players settle in.

As you say, "hilarious".

Yeah Bluey agreed Bournemouth etc do not spend fortunes on players like we didn't in the Championship but it's a stark contrast for you guys as the club since Hamman has operated in the opposite way.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cardiff's accounts are out on 09:22 - Feb 27 with 2108 viewsParlay

Cardiff's accounts are out on 09:05 - Feb 27 by blueytheblue

Bollocks, Dimi.

As you say, "hilarious".

It is anything BUT bollocks unfortunately.

You keep mentioning Medel and caulker (players ive not mentioned) but dont let that get in the way of your argument.

The players you have got rid of were not out and out Premier league players and if you wanted them to stay then it would be easy to put your foot down. Guerra was denied game time even when struggling for fit strikers so shipped out on loan to not have to pay wages, you got rid, Daelhi was frozen out and then sold for cheap, Eikrem was terminated along with Kimbo and Cala - another two players that would have and have done well at that level. Brayford is another that was cashed in on, and even started playing center backs there so to freeze him out. Fabio another that was frozen out due to his wages. You then bring in the likes of Revell, Peltier, Malone who are all inferior players on peanuts.

You have sold or terminated players who could have got you back up, does this sound like the bllionaire striving to get back into the premier league to you? OR a billionaire looking for an exit strategy by making the club run on an even keel at the exchange of no longer being a competitive force at the right end of the league. Look at your manager for one, Russell Slade when the likes of Pulis were asking for it. Why? Money.

Yes Daehli had a parting shot at Ole. If he wanted to leave because Ole left then why go to a club that Ole isn't at? That argument makes no sense.

Of course asset stripping involves lowering the wage bill, do you think it means increasing it then? You are no longer competitive. Wake up. You are on bare bones. Asset stripping involves selling assets not needed in order to keep the value of the club at a certain level (i.e. Avoid relegation). I fully expect Marshall to be sold in the summer too.

Nobody has said the wage bill should remain the same. You are flipping out because you don't want to admit what has clearly been happening. There is a difference between lowering the wage bill to fit in with the level you are at and stripping the club of all talent and replacing them with free or cheap journeymen and loans.

Yes it is hilarious. Not for the club, its frighteningly sad - but predicted. But for the people thinking that Tan is still going for promotion rather than trying to run the club at break even so he can then take the parachute money.

You need to wake up bluey, you are usually sensible for a Cardiff fan.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 9:26]

Forum celebrity

Cardiff's accounts are out on 17:51 - Feb 27 with 1937 viewsOldjack

Cardiff's accounts are out on 23:08 - Feb 26 by jack_lord

I was in Cardiff this afternoon and happened to be talking to someone from the Welsh FA. He said that CCFC accounts had just been released and then said he thinks that Cardiff may be in big, big trouble and surely Swans fans wouldn't really want Cardiff to go to the wall. I looked at him bemused.

Now that did raise a giggle ,fuk em! and all who sail with the sinking ship

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Cardiff's accounts are out on 18:22 - Feb 27 with 1903 viewsLeonisGod

Cardiff's accounts are out on 09:21 - Feb 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Yeah Bluey agreed Bournemouth etc do not spend fortunes on players like we didn't in the Championship but it's a stark contrast for you guys as the club since Hamman has operated in the opposite way.

Bournemouth have spent plenty previously. They have splashed the cash and are in stark contrast to Ipswich now and us then.

Bournmouth may have had a quiet Jan window, but don't forget they were prepared to spend millions on demarai grey (up to £5m incl add-ons in the end I believe).

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-rej
Cardiff's accounts are out on 18:36 - Feb 27 with 1881 viewsblueytheblue

Cardiff's accounts are out on 09:22 - Feb 27 by Parlay

It is anything BUT bollocks unfortunately.

You keep mentioning Medel and caulker (players ive not mentioned) but dont let that get in the way of your argument.

The players you have got rid of were not out and out Premier league players and if you wanted them to stay then it would be easy to put your foot down. Guerra was denied game time even when struggling for fit strikers so shipped out on loan to not have to pay wages, you got rid, Daelhi was frozen out and then sold for cheap, Eikrem was terminated along with Kimbo and Cala - another two players that would have and have done well at that level. Brayford is another that was cashed in on, and even started playing center backs there so to freeze him out. Fabio another that was frozen out due to his wages. You then bring in the likes of Revell, Peltier, Malone who are all inferior players on peanuts.

You have sold or terminated players who could have got you back up, does this sound like the bllionaire striving to get back into the premier league to you? OR a billionaire looking for an exit strategy by making the club run on an even keel at the exchange of no longer being a competitive force at the right end of the league. Look at your manager for one, Russell Slade when the likes of Pulis were asking for it. Why? Money.

Yes Daehli had a parting shot at Ole. If he wanted to leave because Ole left then why go to a club that Ole isn't at? That argument makes no sense.

Of course asset stripping involves lowering the wage bill, do you think it means increasing it then? You are no longer competitive. Wake up. You are on bare bones. Asset stripping involves selling assets not needed in order to keep the value of the club at a certain level (i.e. Avoid relegation). I fully expect Marshall to be sold in the summer too.

Nobody has said the wage bill should remain the same. You are flipping out because you don't want to admit what has clearly been happening. There is a difference between lowering the wage bill to fit in with the level you are at and stripping the club of all talent and replacing them with free or cheap journeymen and loans.

Yes it is hilarious. Not for the club, its frighteningly sad - but predicted. But for the people thinking that Tan is still going for promotion rather than trying to run the club at break even so he can then take the parachute money.

You need to wake up bluey, you are usually sensible for a Cardiff fan.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 9:26]

Sadly Dimi it is bollocks.

Medel, Caulker, Mutch were all a part of players sold in summer. All handed in transfer requests. You'd have to be silly to claim those sales were asset stripping given they wanted to leave and fees were received the club were happy with. The reason they were included with the examples you gave? Because they occured in the same transfer window. Can't conveniently include some but not others.

Guerra was shipped out due to not performing in training. Add in a woeful performance against Bournemouth in the League Cup there was nothing to indicate he'd meaningfully contribute. Daehli you claim to be frozen out, the reality was if the finances were better he'd be carried in the squad due to potential. Reality is, for all the glorification of him on AAMB he didn't produce when given chances. Whitts has been massively maligned this season yet has contributed goals and assists - something Daehli didn't.

Eikrem, Kimbo, Cala. None of whom played this season. Even under Mackay, Kimbo barely played - in the Championship. Eikrem looked a League one midfielder, Cala dropped a few clangers - and like Guerra was woeful in that League Cup game. None of those cried out to be regulars this season, all on big wages.

Brayford? With your expert knowledge on us I'm sure you'll have recalled he was signed then snubbed by Mackay, with Kevin T-C being signed weeks later. Whilst Brayford has done ok for us when he played this season, he wanted to go back to play under Clough - as he did at Derby.

Fabio I'd agree has been a curious one - like Brayford, he's more of a wingback than a defensive fullback. Maybe his future lies further forward. Claiming he's a better defender than Malone, ehhhhhh. Ditto Brayford and Peltier.

I just love the way the logic is so contorted by you, Dimi, to try to prove a point. You seem to want money to magically be spunked around hoping to gain promotion again yet castigated the way the club is run financially. Does. Not. Compute.

Pulis. Ah yes, Pulis. Legend of course, loves us see ( other than having Newport ST ) but capable of working with little to no money? Hmm. No.

Daehli followed Ole wherever he went. We wanted Daehli off the wage bill, the bid was made, he wanted football. Difficult to go and play for a manager who didn't have a club, eh?

Interesting contortion of the generally accepted definition of asset stripping tbh. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asset_stripping

We had 38 players, Dimi. 38. Shipping players out on fees and contract terminations lowered the wage bill by about 12m. That's hardly f***ing asset stripping, more trying to get outgoings under control.

If asset stripping had been going on, Marshall would have been sold for the 6m bid.

What you fail to grasp Dimi is those players gone have underperformed. Fact. We limped up into the Prem - 1 win in the last 10 - as champions due to other teams bottling it worse than us. A few good performances in the Prem were undermined by underachievement in key games. Those players who have gone were players underperforming this season along with players who had no long term future at the club.

Despite your dismissal of Revell, Peltier, Malone, those players have come in and done a good job so far. Peltier in particular has helped solidifiy things. Someone coming into their peak years with over 300 games at this level who has captained two teams isn't as good as Brayford, who has had several good years at this level and attracted no bids from anyone other than Sheff Utd? Brayford cost 1.5m, which we recouped. Peltier cost zero.

That team of "cheap or free journeymen and loans" is an interesting idea. Matt Kennedy at age 20 bought from Everton is somehow a journeyman? We've one loan player. One. Kadeem Harris has been involved in the first team; again such a journeyman. Stuart O'Keefe at age 23 yet another journeyman.

Seems to me you've an idealised view which is belied by the facts.

Anyone with a brain cell knew the following needed to happen :-
Cut squad size to a more manageable number
Cut wage bill, especially to avoid potential FFP issues.

Ascribing that to asset stripping is silly.

Cardiff's accounts are out on 18:39 - Feb 27 with 1879 viewsblueytheblue

Cardiff's accounts are out on 18:22 - Feb 27 by LeonisGod

Bournemouth have spent plenty previously. They have splashed the cash and are in stark contrast to Ipswich now and us then.

Bournmouth may have had a quiet Jan window, but don't forget they were prepared to spend millions on demarai grey (up to £5m incl add-ons in the end I believe).

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-rej

They've not splashed the cash to the degree a fair few other clubs have. The Grey bid isn't a bad one - build from a position of strength.

Ipswich only spending 10k is imo a massive outlier.

Cardiff's accounts are out on 19:04 - Feb 27 with 1845 viewsParlay

Cardiff's accounts are out on 18:36 - Feb 27 by blueytheblue

Sadly Dimi it is bollocks.

Medel, Caulker, Mutch were all a part of players sold in summer. All handed in transfer requests. You'd have to be silly to claim those sales were asset stripping given they wanted to leave and fees were received the club were happy with. The reason they were included with the examples you gave? Because they occured in the same transfer window. Can't conveniently include some but not others.

Guerra was shipped out due to not performing in training. Add in a woeful performance against Bournemouth in the League Cup there was nothing to indicate he'd meaningfully contribute. Daehli you claim to be frozen out, the reality was if the finances were better he'd be carried in the squad due to potential. Reality is, for all the glorification of him on AAMB he didn't produce when given chances. Whitts has been massively maligned this season yet has contributed goals and assists - something Daehli didn't.

Eikrem, Kimbo, Cala. None of whom played this season. Even under Mackay, Kimbo barely played - in the Championship. Eikrem looked a League one midfielder, Cala dropped a few clangers - and like Guerra was woeful in that League Cup game. None of those cried out to be regulars this season, all on big wages.

Brayford? With your expert knowledge on us I'm sure you'll have recalled he was signed then snubbed by Mackay, with Kevin T-C being signed weeks later. Whilst Brayford has done ok for us when he played this season, he wanted to go back to play under Clough - as he did at Derby.

Fabio I'd agree has been a curious one - like Brayford, he's more of a wingback than a defensive fullback. Maybe his future lies further forward. Claiming he's a better defender than Malone, ehhhhhh. Ditto Brayford and Peltier.

I just love the way the logic is so contorted by you, Dimi, to try to prove a point. You seem to want money to magically be spunked around hoping to gain promotion again yet castigated the way the club is run financially. Does. Not. Compute.

Pulis. Ah yes, Pulis. Legend of course, loves us see ( other than having Newport ST ) but capable of working with little to no money? Hmm. No.

Daehli followed Ole wherever he went. We wanted Daehli off the wage bill, the bid was made, he wanted football. Difficult to go and play for a manager who didn't have a club, eh?

Interesting contortion of the generally accepted definition of asset stripping tbh. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asset_stripping

We had 38 players, Dimi. 38. Shipping players out on fees and contract terminations lowered the wage bill by about 12m. That's hardly f***ing asset stripping, more trying to get outgoings under control.

If asset stripping had been going on, Marshall would have been sold for the 6m bid.

What you fail to grasp Dimi is those players gone have underperformed. Fact. We limped up into the Prem - 1 win in the last 10 - as champions due to other teams bottling it worse than us. A few good performances in the Prem were undermined by underachievement in key games. Those players who have gone were players underperforming this season along with players who had no long term future at the club.

Despite your dismissal of Revell, Peltier, Malone, those players have come in and done a good job so far. Peltier in particular has helped solidifiy things. Someone coming into their peak years with over 300 games at this level who has captained two teams isn't as good as Brayford, who has had several good years at this level and attracted no bids from anyone other than Sheff Utd? Brayford cost 1.5m, which we recouped. Peltier cost zero.

That team of "cheap or free journeymen and loans" is an interesting idea. Matt Kennedy at age 20 bought from Everton is somehow a journeyman? We've one loan player. One. Kadeem Harris has been involved in the first team; again such a journeyman. Stuart O'Keefe at age 23 yet another journeyman.

Seems to me you've an idealised view which is belied by the facts.

Anyone with a brain cell knew the following needed to happen :-
Cut squad size to a more manageable number
Cut wage bill, especially to avoid potential FFP issues.

Ascribing that to asset stripping is silly.

Nope it isn't even close to being bollocks i'm afraid.

I have never claimed Caulker or Medel were asset stripping. They are the normal sales upon relegation. It makes no difference when they are sold, it depends when you get a bid or a firm buyer. look at Marshall for example, he will be gone soon and that will also be asset stripping as his sale will not go to a replacement of similar quality but indeed to balance the books... that's what asset stripping is.

Guerra was one of the best in training is what I heard and was begging for a chance. Yes certainly Daelhi was frozen out, even Gabbidon was chosen on the bench ahead of him when you already had 2 defenders on the bench. there is a lot of ''the reality is'' in your statement without an awful lot of realism.

It makes no difference whether Eikrem, Kimbo or Cala played. Thats the point - they were frozen out.

Yes Brayford. I am fully aware he was signed and then seemingly forgotten about, but he was starting games and looking like one of your best defenders at the start of the season. Suddenly all the talented players were left out for cloggers.

There is no contorted logic, it is common sense. You have sold a lot of players that didnt need to be sold to either get the transfer fee or cut back on wages, possibly to a degree less than the promotion season. that is asset stripping.

You have seemingly understood the obvious need to cut overheads and allowed carte blanche that any sales or cut backs will just be that, overhead cutting. im afraid that just isnt the case.

You seemingly have a fear that your club is being taken to the cleaners and cant physically say or type the words. Your club is being stripped bare. Your talent is being sold or pushed out and you are getting league 1 players in. You had the chance to appoint a Premier LEague manager and appointed Russell Slade on 100k a year.

THAT IS asset stripping. there is no intent to compete at the upper levels of the league only to remain at the level spending as little as possible so the parachute money can go towards paying himself back.

asset stripping.

Forum celebrity

Cardiff's accounts are out on 19:33 - Feb 27 with 1822 viewsblueytheblue

Cardiff's accounts are out on 19:04 - Feb 27 by Parlay

Nope it isn't even close to being bollocks i'm afraid.

I have never claimed Caulker or Medel were asset stripping. They are the normal sales upon relegation. It makes no difference when they are sold, it depends when you get a bid or a firm buyer. look at Marshall for example, he will be gone soon and that will also be asset stripping as his sale will not go to a replacement of similar quality but indeed to balance the books... that's what asset stripping is.

Guerra was one of the best in training is what I heard and was begging for a chance. Yes certainly Daelhi was frozen out, even Gabbidon was chosen on the bench ahead of him when you already had 2 defenders on the bench. there is a lot of ''the reality is'' in your statement without an awful lot of realism.

It makes no difference whether Eikrem, Kimbo or Cala played. Thats the point - they were frozen out.

Yes Brayford. I am fully aware he was signed and then seemingly forgotten about, but he was starting games and looking like one of your best defenders at the start of the season. Suddenly all the talented players were left out for cloggers.

There is no contorted logic, it is common sense. You have sold a lot of players that didnt need to be sold to either get the transfer fee or cut back on wages, possibly to a degree less than the promotion season. that is asset stripping.

You have seemingly understood the obvious need to cut overheads and allowed carte blanche that any sales or cut backs will just be that, overhead cutting. im afraid that just isnt the case.

You seemingly have a fear that your club is being taken to the cleaners and cant physically say or type the words. Your club is being stripped bare. Your talent is being sold or pushed out and you are getting league 1 players in. You had the chance to appoint a Premier LEague manager and appointed Russell Slade on 100k a year.

THAT IS asset stripping. there is no intent to compete at the upper levels of the league only to remain at the level spending as little as possible so the parachute money can go towards paying himself back.

asset stripping.

"I have never claimed Caulker or Medel were asset stripping. They are the normal sales upon relegation. It makes no difference when they are sold, it depends when you get a bid or a firm buyer. look at Marshall for example, he will be gone soon and that will also be asset stripping as his sale will not go to a replacement of similar quality but indeed to balance the books... that's what asset stripping is."

Garbage, Dimi, garbage.

Was Mutch included in that list of yours? No, because like Caulker and Medel he wanted to go. We also sold for a profit - a good deal at 6m given his injury proneness. Indeed, QPR got shot in Jan did they not?

You listed Campbell. You conveniently forgot Campbell had a minimum fee release clause which was met. So what was that then? Asset stripping or a normal relegation sale?

Marshall will be gone soon? Yet we turned down a 6m bid from Arsenal wasn't it? You can flip a coin to put that into either asset stripping or normal relegation sale category. Marshall has been here under several regimes. A Prem team come in for him, doubt people would begrudge him moving. You on the other hand claim that his "sale will not go to a replacement of similar quality". Which it wouldn't - Simon Moore stepped in for Marshall when injured and showed the drop in quality wasn't that big, not enough to make a massive difference.

Guerra, you heard. Emphasis on "heard". When you hear things you need to look to the credibility of the source. You didn't see his woeful "performance" in the League CUp where it was blatently obvious he didn't want to be playing.

Daehli was frozen out? Ah yes.
http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=485&teamTabs=results
Click on the edit filter button. Select Daehli, you can even include sub appearances if you like.

For Daehli to have been frozen out would indicate he was unjustly ignored. Ole wasn't picking him regularly! You no doubt have fallen into the trap of viewing the potential over the actuality. 1 goal, very low number of assists.

Eikrem wasn't good enough. Kimbo overall turned out not to be. Ditto Cala. You seem to believe them going from a squad of 38 is somehow a heinous crime requiring Judge Rinder to get involved? We should carry a massive squad with all the problems that causes to assuage your complaints of asset stripping, freezing out?

Brayford looked good going forward. That's his game. Like it or not, Slade prefers his full backs to defend first, getting forward is gravy. We've looked more solid at the back with Peltier than Brayford. So based on that, why persist with "Brayford was one of our best defenders" bs as if Peltier is a downgrade? Peltier a clogger? Winger Matt Kennedy a clogger? Seriously? Whitts a clogger?

We had a squad of 38. That needed reducing. Even you can agree that. So, how do you reduce that and help the wage bill.

Do you keep players that are sellable, that are on Prem wages and get rid of a few younger players on low wages? Sensible that, given historically we've not been able to get fees for players.

So, which players didn't need to be sold. Cala wasn't a regular under Ole or Slade. Kimbo wasn't a regular under any of the three. Eikrem, well I saw him play twice. From a playing quality, hardly a mssive loss.

I have no fear about the club. You can try to put words into peoples mouths to try to prove your own point all you like on a certain other forum where that tactic works, sadly it doesn't with me.

My view is a simple one, that I've said numerous times. The club need to stabilise. To do that, the squad of underperforming ( I note you keep failing to grasp that ) players needs reducing and focusing on a core of players. To do that, the wage bill needed reducing also.

Now, you claim we brought in League 1 players. An interesting claim that. Let's take a look at the factoids.

Peltier - Huddersfield - Championship
O'Keefe - Palarse - Prem
Revell - Rotherham - Championship
Malone - Millwall - Championship
Kennedy - Everton - Prem
Doyle - Chesterfield - League One
McAleny - Everton - Prem (loan)

So basically, a whopping 1 player. And a goalscorer at that for 750k; not a bad risk/reward purchase there.

Those "League 1" players brought in then comprise 14% of players Slade has brought in. So given the claim you've made is that "Your talent is being sold or pushed out and you are getting league 1 players in" what you really meant was "Your underperforming talent is being sold or having contract terminations arranged and you are getting Championship players in on lower wages". Right?

Do you think Pulis would have helped lower the wage bill? Yes or no. Why did he leave Stoke? He wanted to spend more money.

Still, you carry on believing it to be asset stripping. I'll just metaphorically pat you on the head and have a little inner chuckle.

Cardiff's accounts are out on 20:01 - Feb 27 with 1775 viewsParlay

Cardiff's accounts are out on 19:33 - Feb 27 by blueytheblue

"I have never claimed Caulker or Medel were asset stripping. They are the normal sales upon relegation. It makes no difference when they are sold, it depends when you get a bid or a firm buyer. look at Marshall for example, he will be gone soon and that will also be asset stripping as his sale will not go to a replacement of similar quality but indeed to balance the books... that's what asset stripping is."

Garbage, Dimi, garbage.

Was Mutch included in that list of yours? No, because like Caulker and Medel he wanted to go. We also sold for a profit - a good deal at 6m given his injury proneness. Indeed, QPR got shot in Jan did they not?

You listed Campbell. You conveniently forgot Campbell had a minimum fee release clause which was met. So what was that then? Asset stripping or a normal relegation sale?

Marshall will be gone soon? Yet we turned down a 6m bid from Arsenal wasn't it? You can flip a coin to put that into either asset stripping or normal relegation sale category. Marshall has been here under several regimes. A Prem team come in for him, doubt people would begrudge him moving. You on the other hand claim that his "sale will not go to a replacement of similar quality". Which it wouldn't - Simon Moore stepped in for Marshall when injured and showed the drop in quality wasn't that big, not enough to make a massive difference.

Guerra, you heard. Emphasis on "heard". When you hear things you need to look to the credibility of the source. You didn't see his woeful "performance" in the League CUp where it was blatently obvious he didn't want to be playing.

Daehli was frozen out? Ah yes.
http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=485&teamTabs=results
Click on the edit filter button. Select Daehli, you can even include sub appearances if you like.

For Daehli to have been frozen out would indicate he was unjustly ignored. Ole wasn't picking him regularly! You no doubt have fallen into the trap of viewing the potential over the actuality. 1 goal, very low number of assists.

Eikrem wasn't good enough. Kimbo overall turned out not to be. Ditto Cala. You seem to believe them going from a squad of 38 is somehow a heinous crime requiring Judge Rinder to get involved? We should carry a massive squad with all the problems that causes to assuage your complaints of asset stripping, freezing out?

Brayford looked good going forward. That's his game. Like it or not, Slade prefers his full backs to defend first, getting forward is gravy. We've looked more solid at the back with Peltier than Brayford. So based on that, why persist with "Brayford was one of our best defenders" bs as if Peltier is a downgrade? Peltier a clogger? Winger Matt Kennedy a clogger? Seriously? Whitts a clogger?

We had a squad of 38. That needed reducing. Even you can agree that. So, how do you reduce that and help the wage bill.

Do you keep players that are sellable, that are on Prem wages and get rid of a few younger players on low wages? Sensible that, given historically we've not been able to get fees for players.

So, which players didn't need to be sold. Cala wasn't a regular under Ole or Slade. Kimbo wasn't a regular under any of the three. Eikrem, well I saw him play twice. From a playing quality, hardly a mssive loss.

I have no fear about the club. You can try to put words into peoples mouths to try to prove your own point all you like on a certain other forum where that tactic works, sadly it doesn't with me.

My view is a simple one, that I've said numerous times. The club need to stabilise. To do that, the squad of underperforming ( I note you keep failing to grasp that ) players needs reducing and focusing on a core of players. To do that, the wage bill needed reducing also.

Now, you claim we brought in League 1 players. An interesting claim that. Let's take a look at the factoids.

Peltier - Huddersfield - Championship
O'Keefe - Palarse - Prem
Revell - Rotherham - Championship
Malone - Millwall - Championship
Kennedy - Everton - Prem
Doyle - Chesterfield - League One
McAleny - Everton - Prem (loan)

So basically, a whopping 1 player. And a goalscorer at that for 750k; not a bad risk/reward purchase there.

Those "League 1" players brought in then comprise 14% of players Slade has brought in. So given the claim you've made is that "Your talent is being sold or pushed out and you are getting league 1 players in" what you really meant was "Your underperforming talent is being sold or having contract terminations arranged and you are getting Championship players in on lower wages". Right?

Do you think Pulis would have helped lower the wage bill? Yes or no. Why did he leave Stoke? He wanted to spend more money.

Still, you carry on believing it to be asset stripping. I'll just metaphorically pat you on the head and have a little inner chuckle.

Nope not garbage, not even close.

Mutch was borderline, he was one of 4 that would naturally be offloaded upon relegation, with the parachute payments helping to pay the rest of the squads deficit. But it wasn't just those players you offloaded was it. Yes I listed Campbell, if he had a clause then the sale cannot be determined what it was, in my opinion he would have been moved on anyway regardless of clause as Tan is asset stripping the club as explained to you.

Yes Marshall will be gone soon, summer transfer window. First ive heard of a £6m Arsenal bid. Got a link to that? There is no coin flipping my man, as ive stated when a team gets relegated its main players will then look to be offloaded naturally - Marshall is in that big 4 i mentioned, the other 3 have gone. I am glad you agree the money will not be spent on a replacement. That would be asset stripping then.

Yes heard, my source is far more reliable than yours that claim he wasnt training well it seems and is now scoring for a La Liga side. Many layers have a bad game, it doesnt mean they are then frozen out. Come on you are being silly now.

Yes Daelhi was frozen out, why on earth are you showing me stats from there? He was fit and told the media he was fit, even played for his national team yet he wasnt being picked for the club and when asked why the management said he was injured... Which he denied. He was frozen out.

I believe nothing of the sort, i believe you should have a squad capable of competing at the upper end of the league. That includes the likes of Brayford, Cala, Daelhi, Eikrem, Burgstaller, Guerra etc etc yet instead you have the likes of Alex Revell and Scott Malone.

You reduce the wage bill by selling the likes of Caulker, Medel, Marshall and Mutch. You then get rid of the no hopers that wont command game time, not the talented ones not allowed game time. There is a difference. Your starting 11 shouldnt be all that different from the one that came down, just barring a few key players - yet your starting 11 is shocking.

You can call it trimming the wage bill if you like, but you are not competitive and have a worse side than I can ever remember you having at this level. That doesnt indicate overhead trimming, that indicates asset stripping.

Asset stripping.

Forum celebrity

Cardiff's accounts are out on 20:37 - Feb 27 with 1716 viewsblueytheblue

Cardiff's accounts are out on 20:01 - Feb 27 by Parlay

Nope not garbage, not even close.

Mutch was borderline, he was one of 4 that would naturally be offloaded upon relegation, with the parachute payments helping to pay the rest of the squads deficit. But it wasn't just those players you offloaded was it. Yes I listed Campbell, if he had a clause then the sale cannot be determined what it was, in my opinion he would have been moved on anyway regardless of clause as Tan is asset stripping the club as explained to you.

Yes Marshall will be gone soon, summer transfer window. First ive heard of a £6m Arsenal bid. Got a link to that? There is no coin flipping my man, as ive stated when a team gets relegated its main players will then look to be offloaded naturally - Marshall is in that big 4 i mentioned, the other 3 have gone. I am glad you agree the money will not be spent on a replacement. That would be asset stripping then.

Yes heard, my source is far more reliable than yours that claim he wasnt training well it seems and is now scoring for a La Liga side. Many layers have a bad game, it doesnt mean they are then frozen out. Come on you are being silly now.

Yes Daelhi was frozen out, why on earth are you showing me stats from there? He was fit and told the media he was fit, even played for his national team yet he wasnt being picked for the club and when asked why the management said he was injured... Which he denied. He was frozen out.

I believe nothing of the sort, i believe you should have a squad capable of competing at the upper end of the league. That includes the likes of Brayford, Cala, Daelhi, Eikrem, Burgstaller, Guerra etc etc yet instead you have the likes of Alex Revell and Scott Malone.

You reduce the wage bill by selling the likes of Caulker, Medel, Marshall and Mutch. You then get rid of the no hopers that wont command game time, not the talented ones not allowed game time. There is a difference. Your starting 11 shouldnt be all that different from the one that came down, just barring a few key players - yet your starting 11 is shocking.

You can call it trimming the wage bill if you like, but you are not competitive and have a worse side than I can ever remember you having at this level. That doesnt indicate overhead trimming, that indicates asset stripping.

Asset stripping.

Long post got lost. Sigh.

Campbell would have moved on, not be moved on because he wanted to go. The bid made was conveniently around the clause fee, usually a sure sign the agent has been involved.

I love the hoops you jump through. Seriously.

Marhall should go, sellable asset, club in debt. Club should then spend money to get a keeper on Marshall's level because playing a good keeper you are already paying wages to is asset stripping. Gotcha.

Your source, well there you go. Didn't you once claim you made money/hits for his site and then kick off when banned from there?

I've no source telling me how Guerra trained. Two different managers deemed him not good enough at this level. When I've seen him play as a sub he showed some flashes. Start in games at a lower level/tournament, not been pulling up any trees to dictate he should get a starting spot. La Liga, eh, who cares. Different country, different style of play, different competition. Comparing the two is apples and oranges; history has numerous examples of players failing to adapt.

Daehli achieve one goal and not many more assists. For his nice technical play there was no end result. I'd have preferred him to stay if the finances were ok but couldn't afford to keep him hoping potential was reached. Finding his best position was proving difficult; some wanted him in the no 10 role but Mason can play there and is a better finisher.

Daehli wanted out. Do you seriously think he'd come out in public and say he had a hip issue? Of course he'd deny it - only Daehli and the club know the reality of the situation.

I do love the way you're talking about Eikrem, Burgstaller et al without ever having seen them play. Some of us have. Likes of Revell and Malone? Ah, so you've given up using Peltier as an example then. Glad to see you accepted you were mistaken there as to his ability, maybe your source corrected you. Revell, by the way, is sub more than he starts. A depth player, if you will reflecting the fee paid.

It's nice to see your Sam supporting source has educated you to drop the "League 1 players" claim too.

Then again, it's our worst ever squad in this division according to you. So worse than when Dave Jones inherited 12 pros and Mackay inherited 10 pros then?

With the squad changes going on nobody expected us to be going up, at least not those with brain cells. Stabilisation was required which is what's going on.

Asset stripping, lol.

Cardiff's accounts are out on 21:13 - Feb 27 with 1665 viewsParlay

Cardiff's accounts are out on 20:37 - Feb 27 by blueytheblue

Long post got lost. Sigh.

Campbell would have moved on, not be moved on because he wanted to go. The bid made was conveniently around the clause fee, usually a sure sign the agent has been involved.

I love the hoops you jump through. Seriously.

Marhall should go, sellable asset, club in debt. Club should then spend money to get a keeper on Marshall's level because playing a good keeper you are already paying wages to is asset stripping. Gotcha.

Your source, well there you go. Didn't you once claim you made money/hits for his site and then kick off when banned from there?

I've no source telling me how Guerra trained. Two different managers deemed him not good enough at this level. When I've seen him play as a sub he showed some flashes. Start in games at a lower level/tournament, not been pulling up any trees to dictate he should get a starting spot. La Liga, eh, who cares. Different country, different style of play, different competition. Comparing the two is apples and oranges; history has numerous examples of players failing to adapt.

Daehli achieve one goal and not many more assists. For his nice technical play there was no end result. I'd have preferred him to stay if the finances were ok but couldn't afford to keep him hoping potential was reached. Finding his best position was proving difficult; some wanted him in the no 10 role but Mason can play there and is a better finisher.

Daehli wanted out. Do you seriously think he'd come out in public and say he had a hip issue? Of course he'd deny it - only Daehli and the club know the reality of the situation.

I do love the way you're talking about Eikrem, Burgstaller et al without ever having seen them play. Some of us have. Likes of Revell and Malone? Ah, so you've given up using Peltier as an example then. Glad to see you accepted you were mistaken there as to his ability, maybe your source corrected you. Revell, by the way, is sub more than he starts. A depth player, if you will reflecting the fee paid.

It's nice to see your Sam supporting source has educated you to drop the "League 1 players" claim too.

Then again, it's our worst ever squad in this division according to you. So worse than when Dave Jones inherited 12 pros and Mackay inherited 10 pros then?

With the squad changes going on nobody expected us to be going up, at least not those with brain cells. Stabilisation was required which is what's going on.

Asset stripping, lol.

Then try and keep it a bit more to the point, most of your post doesnt actually mean anything.

You have no idea regarding that, you are guessing and creating a scenario to fit what you are trying to portray, im sure you accused me of doing that. No hoops here pal, I am stating facts.

"Marshall should go, saleable asset and club in debt" - now you are making progress. You have been in debt seemingly forever yet continued spending £20m here, £50m there.... So what is the difference this season? Yep, Tan is asset stripping. Where as before his intentions were to make profit on the pitch, that is now not the case hence why you are selling your saleable assets and bringing in lower league players and management staff on a shoestring.

A replacement doesnt have to be like for like, a replacement player is what I am talking about. To strengthen. Do you think the £5m you get for Marshall will go back on the squad? No chance. Hence why its asset stripping.

Hits? Sources? Money? There you go again making your post long with not an awful lot of sense or meaning.

You said he didnt perform well in training... So you made that up then based on the fact he didnt play? He didnt play because he was frozen out as I stated. Daelhi played for his country while he was supposed to be injured. Yes i fully expect him to toe the party line and back up his manager and not call him a liar.

You have no idea who I have and havent seen, i have many contacts in the game and see a vast array of games from development games to full team. Sam supporting source? Eh? Lower league players was the point, not particularly good ones either.

Dave Jones' side would ruin this current crop, as would Malkys side after he added to the squad that was left after the loanees left.

This IS your worst side in the last decade and the position proves that. You have just come from the Premier League and should have the strongest chance ever to go back up, yet your billionaire owner decides to cash in on players and operate the first team on a shoestring.... Asset strip.

Asset stripping.

Forum celebrity

Cardiff's accounts are out on 21:30 - Feb 27 with 1641 viewsblueytheblue

Cardiff's accounts are out on 21:13 - Feb 27 by Parlay

Then try and keep it a bit more to the point, most of your post doesnt actually mean anything.

You have no idea regarding that, you are guessing and creating a scenario to fit what you are trying to portray, im sure you accused me of doing that. No hoops here pal, I am stating facts.

"Marshall should go, saleable asset and club in debt" - now you are making progress. You have been in debt seemingly forever yet continued spending £20m here, £50m there.... So what is the difference this season? Yep, Tan is asset stripping. Where as before his intentions were to make profit on the pitch, that is now not the case hence why you are selling your saleable assets and bringing in lower league players and management staff on a shoestring.

A replacement doesnt have to be like for like, a replacement player is what I am talking about. To strengthen. Do you think the £5m you get for Marshall will go back on the squad? No chance. Hence why its asset stripping.

Hits? Sources? Money? There you go again making your post long with not an awful lot of sense or meaning.

You said he didnt perform well in training... So you made that up then based on the fact he didnt play? He didnt play because he was frozen out as I stated. Daelhi played for his country while he was supposed to be injured. Yes i fully expect him to toe the party line and back up his manager and not call him a liar.

You have no idea who I have and havent seen, i have many contacts in the game and see a vast array of games from development games to full team. Sam supporting source? Eh? Lower league players was the point, not particularly good ones either.

Dave Jones' side would ruin this current crop, as would Malkys side after he added to the squad that was left after the loanees left.

This IS your worst side in the last decade and the position proves that. You have just come from the Premier League and should have the strongest chance ever to go back up, yet your billionaire owner decides to cash in on players and operate the first team on a shoestring.... Asset strip.

Asset stripping.

Running the club on a better financial footing is not as you put it asset stripping. If so, Marshall would be gone. YOU however seem to think we sell Marshall then buy a keeper. Why? Dumb, dumb, dumb. If you're claiming his replacement wouldn't be like for like why would we NOT go with the keeper already on his books that has played well in his matches this season?

Yeah, re-reading I did say training - apologies for that brainfart, intended to refer to DVP matches. He wasn't impressive in those whereas others like Danny Johnson scored for fun.

The whole claim with Daehli was that the hip issue impacted more upon day to day training. As is evidenced around the world, national bosses tend to play more hard and fast around things like that. After all, they don't deal with the player all season round.

I have every idea who you have seen and haven't seen. Burgstaller only played for us in pre-season games, not televised in Aussie-land though I suppose you'll not claim you've seen him live playing for <X>. What I saw was neat but we've moved on from him. Didn't see anything better than Pilkington provides, both Noone and Kennedy provide more pace.

Lower league players? Again, one, Eoin Doyle. The rest are at worst Championship level players.

Dave Jones side may, certainly more firepower. Nice to see you again ignore the fact the worst squads we had were when Jones took over, when Mackay took over due to the lack of numbers. Lee Peltier has impressed. When Jones took over, we had to get Jermaine frigging Darlington in to make up the numbers...

Position proves it? 2004/5 say "hi!". Finish where we are then we finish around the median position from 2003-2008 prior to kicking on. I'd be happy with that, stabilising.

Strongest chance ever to go back up, ooooook. Keep smokin' that good stuff.

Cardiff's accounts are out on 21:44 - Feb 27 with 1609 viewsParlay

Cardiff's accounts are out on 21:30 - Feb 27 by blueytheblue

Running the club on a better financial footing is not as you put it asset stripping. If so, Marshall would be gone. YOU however seem to think we sell Marshall then buy a keeper. Why? Dumb, dumb, dumb. If you're claiming his replacement wouldn't be like for like why would we NOT go with the keeper already on his books that has played well in his matches this season?

Yeah, re-reading I did say training - apologies for that brainfart, intended to refer to DVP matches. He wasn't impressive in those whereas others like Danny Johnson scored for fun.

The whole claim with Daehli was that the hip issue impacted more upon day to day training. As is evidenced around the world, national bosses tend to play more hard and fast around things like that. After all, they don't deal with the player all season round.

I have every idea who you have seen and haven't seen. Burgstaller only played for us in pre-season games, not televised in Aussie-land though I suppose you'll not claim you've seen him live playing for <X>. What I saw was neat but we've moved on from him. Didn't see anything better than Pilkington provides, both Noone and Kennedy provide more pace.

Lower league players? Again, one, Eoin Doyle. The rest are at worst Championship level players.

Dave Jones side may, certainly more firepower. Nice to see you again ignore the fact the worst squads we had were when Jones took over, when Mackay took over due to the lack of numbers. Lee Peltier has impressed. When Jones took over, we had to get Jermaine frigging Darlington in to make up the numbers...

Position proves it? 2004/5 say "hi!". Finish where we are then we finish around the median position from 2003-2008 prior to kicking on. I'd be happy with that, stabilising.

Strongest chance ever to go back up, ooooook. Keep smokin' that good stuff.

It most certainly is asset stripping. Unfortunately when you set your stall out that the Prem at all costs is the target you dont really put yourself in a position to deviate from that. In order for a plan of "better financial footing" to work then you build for the future and have a long term plan. Does this sound like what Tan is doing? No.

It is well know Tan wouldnt have invested with the power of hindsight, he is looking to sell. So if he is looking to sell then how can he get his £143m back? Yes by selling players and running the club at bare bones so he can take the excess parachute money. That is asset stripping not a sound vision for the future as you are trying to paint.

Where have I said you would buy another keeper? I said a replacement, as i taught you in the last post a replacement player doesnt have to be a position for position, just player for player. My point was, would it be invested back into the squad or go to Tan to pay off some more of his loans? I think we both know the answer to that... Hence the asset stripping.

So you now take back he was rubbish in training then? Im glad. No, you have no idea who I have and havent seen, to suggest so is ludicrous considering you dont even know who I am or where I am at certain times.

Yes lower league players, the championship is lower league. Football league players. Ones that were hardly pulling up any trees for their own clubs. Jordan Rhodes id give you... Alex Revell... Less so.

Im not ignoring I just dont see the relevance. When Malky took over was when all the previous seasons loanees went back, to suggest that was the complete squad is nonsense. He brought the likes of Kenny Miller in and that was then the squad... And would still rip this one to shreds. Why? Because it has been stripped to the bare bones.

Absolutely the strongest chance ever to go back up. You had a squad that just came from the Premier League, the idea is to sell 3 or 4 big earners and continue. However due to the asset stripping process half the squad was either sold, loaned out or had their contracts ripped up.

You can dance around it all you like but he is in the process of asset stripping and you are the worst you have been in a decade as a result.

Forum celebrity

Cardiff's accounts are out on 22:18 - Feb 27 with 1562 viewsblueytheblue

Cardiff's accounts are out on 21:44 - Feb 27 by Parlay

It most certainly is asset stripping. Unfortunately when you set your stall out that the Prem at all costs is the target you dont really put yourself in a position to deviate from that. In order for a plan of "better financial footing" to work then you build for the future and have a long term plan. Does this sound like what Tan is doing? No.

It is well know Tan wouldnt have invested with the power of hindsight, he is looking to sell. So if he is looking to sell then how can he get his £143m back? Yes by selling players and running the club at bare bones so he can take the excess parachute money. That is asset stripping not a sound vision for the future as you are trying to paint.

Where have I said you would buy another keeper? I said a replacement, as i taught you in the last post a replacement player doesnt have to be a position for position, just player for player. My point was, would it be invested back into the squad or go to Tan to pay off some more of his loans? I think we both know the answer to that... Hence the asset stripping.

So you now take back he was rubbish in training then? Im glad. No, you have no idea who I have and havent seen, to suggest so is ludicrous considering you dont even know who I am or where I am at certain times.

Yes lower league players, the championship is lower league. Football league players. Ones that were hardly pulling up any trees for their own clubs. Jordan Rhodes id give you... Alex Revell... Less so.

Im not ignoring I just dont see the relevance. When Malky took over was when all the previous seasons loanees went back, to suggest that was the complete squad is nonsense. He brought the likes of Kenny Miller in and that was then the squad... And would still rip this one to shreds. Why? Because it has been stripped to the bare bones.

Absolutely the strongest chance ever to go back up. You had a squad that just came from the Premier League, the idea is to sell 3 or 4 big earners and continue. However due to the asset stripping process half the squad was either sold, loaned out or had their contracts ripped up.

You can dance around it all you like but he is in the process of asset stripping and you are the worst you have been in a decade as a result.

So, cutting a bloated wage bill, reducing the squad from 38 to 20+ isn't a long term plan. Short term, sure. Seriously deny it doesn't constitute a long termplan if it's a template used and followed?

Can you provide an interview with Tan saying he wouldn't have invested? Or as some would say, loaned. Supposition otherwise.

The club needs to at least try to get to a better financial footing, Claiming that's asset stripping, smh.

Interesting that you seem to consider a striker would be a replacement to Marshall, for example. I'd guess you'd be very much in a minority of people to have that kind of interpretation of the word "replacement".

I took back nothing, Dimi - reading back realised I made a typo. Things like that happen; I apologised for the confusion caused yet you seem to wnt to treat it like evidence you're right. An interesting interpretation.

I know you claim to be in Australia quite a bit, resident there for the most part aren't you? So successful businessman, full time imparter of knowledge here and no doubt avid viewer of our matches at all levels.

Lower league payers, lol. We're in the Championship in case you hadn't noticed, ergo only Doyle is a "lower league player". Notice I've been nice and not really stressed your claim that we'd signed "League 1" players. Plural. When disproved you fall back to "lower league", because you consider the Championshp to be a league lower than the league we're in?

Jones side I believe would probably edge it against this one purely due to the firepower upfront with Bothroyd and Chopra - but Marshall is a better keeper now with age than he was then.

Mackay's side I don't see it. Miller was woeful - Helguson was far better, warhorse of a striker. Pity we didn't have a younger version. There's no parallel universe where Don Cowie would get into our side now, none at all.

Humouring you, let's sell the big 4 only then. Any ideas what to do with the other 34 professionals? Hmm, match day squad of 18 maximum, so every week during the season, around 47% of those professionals won't be involved other than training. Even if you assume all those players were on the same wage, around half the players wage bill each week would go to players not playing other than, at best, DVP level. And even then, you can only have a set limit for over age players in DVP games.

Whilst I'm sure you're successful enough to spunk tonnes of money away, I'd point out that's been our failing.

We are not the worst we have been in a decade as a result. 13th is not our worst league position; you tried to introduce an objective view by citing league position. Our worst in the Championship was 16th. Ergo, we are not the worst we've been. I'll not point out the fact the division is obviously different every year hence precise comparisons can never be like for like because that would be rude given you introduced the subject.

Now if you meant in your subjective opinion, that's a different kettle of fish. You're entitled to your opinion after all regardless of the validity of it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024