Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thunder - Wonder Days 15:15 - Feb 26 with 2034 viewsattila_the_hun

bloomin' 'eck if anyone still buys CD's then you should get this one, solid rock, I ain't enjoyed an album so much in a long time

"I'm Free"

Thunder - Wonder Days on 15:17 - Feb 26 with 2031 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is it a new one? Backstreet Symphony is one of my favourite albums. Assuming of course we're talking about the same Thunder. I thought they'd split up (again).

Poll: Tory leader

Thunder - Wonder Days on 15:19 - Feb 26 with 2028 viewsattila_the_hun

Thunder - Wonder Days on 15:17 - Feb 26 by exiledclaseboy

Is it a new one? Backstreet Symphony is one of my favourite albums. Assuming of course we're talking about the same Thunder. I thought they'd split up (again).

same thunder mate, they released Wonder Days last week its number nine in the album chart, their best album since the first two seriously good

"I'm Free"

Thunder - Wonder Days on 15:19 - Feb 26 with 2026 viewsDarran

Yes it is they've been playing it on Planet Rock the last two weeks,they were also in the Planet Rock studios recording some live sessions last week,great band.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Thunder - Wonder Days on 15:29 - Feb 26 with 2013 viewsattila_the_hun

Thunder - Wonder Days on 15:19 - Feb 26 by Darran

Yes it is they've been playing it on Planet Rock the last two weeks,they were also in the Planet Rock studios recording some live sessions last week,great band.

Nice :)

"I'm Free"

Thunder - Wonder Days on 15:42 - Feb 26 with 2001 viewsicecoldjack

Great band shame i only saw then once live and that was at the millenium stadium with Van Halen and Bon Jovi , stadium rock not the best place for Thunder, though i really enjoyed it!
Thunder - Wonder Days on 15:52 - Feb 26 with 1999 viewsDarran

Thunder - Wonder Days on 15:42 - Feb 26 by icecoldjack

Great band shame i only saw then once live and that was at the millenium stadium with Van Halen and Bon Jovi , stadium rock not the best place for Thunder, though i really enjoyed it!

I saw them with Whitesnake and Def Leppard it was a great night.

Thunder - Wonder Days on 16:14 - Feb 26 with 1987 viewsicecoldjack

Thunder - Wonder Days on 15:52 - Feb 26 by Darran

I saw them with Whitesnake and Def Leppard it was a great night.

Great bands Darran.
Thunder - Wonder Days on 17:42 - Feb 26 with 1961 viewsDyfnant

Big fan

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

Thunder - Wonder Days on 18:01 - Feb 26 with 1952 viewsDr_Winston

I do like Backstreet Symphony.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Thunder - Wonder Days on 21:39 - Feb 26 with 1909 viewsattila_the_hun

Thunder - Wonder Days on 18:01 - Feb 26 by Dr_Winston

I do like Backstreet Symphony.

I honestly think Wonder Days is their best. 'Backstreet Symphony' and 'Laughing On Judgement Day' are great, 'Behind Closed Doors' and 'Robert Johnson's Tombstone' are good. 'Bang!' was awful, but 'Wonder Days' is Classic

"I'm Free"

Thunder - Wonder Days on 22:49 - Feb 26 with 1876 viewsDaiTheDrop

Good band. Always had a good sound live. Think they could have been bigger than they were. Seemed they were first choice support band for some of the big hitters.

Can't beat a bit of 'Love Walked In'. Had Backstreet Symphony on tape back in the day!
Thunder - Wonder Days on 12:27 - Feb 27 with 1820 viewsLord_Bony

Seen them a couple of times including donnington in the 88 and last year in Cardiff supporting whitesnake.

Still a cracking band with a huge following.

[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 12:35]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Thunder - Wonder Days on 13:00 - Feb 27 with 1797 viewsItchySphincter

It was Donnigton 90. Also with Whitesnake.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Thunder - Wonder Days on 14:15 - Feb 27 with 1766 viewsDarran

http://www.planetrock.com/on-air/wyatt-wendels/the-rocks-2015-the-winners/

Thunder - Wonder Days on 14:19 - Feb 27 with 1763 viewsattila_the_hun

Thunder - Wonder Days on 14:15 - Feb 27 by Darran

http://www.planetrock.com/on-air/wyatt-wendels/the-rocks-2015-the-winners/

excellent news.

"I'm Free"

Thunder - Wonder Days on 14:42 - Feb 27 with 1751 viewsicecoldjack

Thunder - Wonder Days on 12:27 - Feb 27 by Lord_Bony

Seen them a couple of times including donnington in the 88 and last year in Cardiff supporting whitesnake.

Still a cracking band with a huge following.

[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 12:35]

88 donnington was Helloween,Guns n Roses, Megadeth, Dave Lee Roth,Kiss and Iron Maiden .

Probably the ultimate gig for me, shame that 2 fans died that day, it got a bit scary down there in the mud .

The previous year was also amazing Cindirella,WASP,Anthrax,Mettalica,Dio and Bon Jovi.

Phew..those were the days !!
Thunder - Wonder Days on 15:24 - Feb 27 with 1737 viewsDaiTheDrop

Thunder - Wonder Days on 14:42 - Feb 27 by icecoldjack

88 donnington was Helloween,Guns n Roses, Megadeth, Dave Lee Roth,Kiss and Iron Maiden .

Probably the ultimate gig for me, shame that 2 fans died that day, it got a bit scary down there in the mud .

The previous year was also amazing Cindirella,WASP,Anthrax,Mettalica,Dio and Bon Jovi.

Remember it well. Didn't know that people had died until I got home in the small hours. My mother wasn't sure if myself and my girlfriend were safe or not. The days before mobile communication, how did we ever manage?!
Thunder - Wonder Days on 15:34 - Feb 27 with 1733 viewsicecoldjack

Thunder - Wonder Days on 15:24 - Feb 27 by DaiTheDrop

Remember it well. Didn't know that people had died until I got home in the small hours. My mother wasn't sure if myself and my girlfriend were safe or not. The days before mobile communication, how did we ever manage?!

Same here. My parents went a bit mental but we didn't know anything until getting on the bus to go home!

No mobile phones then, if some of us got lost it was "i'll meet you under the Michelein bridge" lol only problem was there would be about 4,000 people around there!

104,000 people in a field with no safety barriers, seems mad now thinking about it but it was totally normal then, along with throwing bottles of piss at the bands !
Thunder - Wonder Days on 21:59 - Feb 27 with 1699 viewsattila_the_hun

[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 22:13]

"I'm Free"

Thunder - Wonder Days on 23:23 - Feb 27 with 1672 viewsLord_Bony

Thunder - Wonder Days on 14:42 - Feb 27 by icecoldjack

I was there!! yeah tragic day but nobody knew at the time...

they filmed Paradise City by guns n roses at that gig...

The Mighty Maiden ruled that day...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Thunder - Wonder Days on 00:41 - Feb 28 with 1652 viewsItchySphincter

IIRC it was during GnR that the kids were killed. Festival was abandoned in '89 and came back in '90 with Quireboys, Thunder, Poison, Aerosmith and Whitesnake. I desperately wanted to go but my grandfather died and we went away for the funeral. Managed to hear the whole thing on the radio though - the first and last time it was ever broadcast live I think.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Thunder - Wonder Days on 00:52 - Feb 28 with 1644 viewsLord_Bony

Does anyone remember the wind blowing down the scaffolding and side staging during GnRs set? Van Halen were great that day....

PS thats when the stampede started during that Van Halen set...I was there right in the middle of it...if you fell on the floor on that sloping field you would be trampled to death no mistake....
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 1:04]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024