Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD 19:39 - Feb 26 with 2144 viewslibertine

Has anyone noticed the lack of celebration of the Swans doing the double on UTD on welsh TV.

I haven't seen it mentioned

anyone notice this strange non news
not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 20:16 - Feb 26 with 2091 viewsAmpadu

Should there be? We are no longer newcomers to the Premier league so beating a fellow PL team (whoever they may be) shouldn't be getting its own special coverage. Celebrate the win of course, appreciate how special getting 3 points is, but lets not go overboard.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 20:19 - Feb 26 with 2083 viewsScoobyWho

Natural occurrence these days. Beating Man city, Arsenal, Man Utd ( regularly) Liverpool, Chelsea etc...
Winning a major trophy, beating top Spanish sides on their own turf.

All in a few years work.

No real news.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 20:21]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 20:22 - Feb 26 with 2075 viewsairedale

I reckon we'd beat Besiktas too.
not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 20:24 - Feb 26 with 2070 viewslibertine

I guess its you 2 writing the news

to me its a massive win doing the double on utd come on mun

History has been made and no mention on the TV
not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 20:46 - Feb 26 with 2032 viewsAmpadu

not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 20:24 - Feb 26 by libertine

Garry Monk has adopted a humble and "we belong here" attitude, righty so too. We've come a long way over the last few seasons, beaten a few when we didn't expect to and lost a few when we were expected to win. So as I said earlier, enjoy the win, appreciate the 3 points but lets not go overboard because humility is the true key to success. Successful Clubs lose their way at times. They often overhype and overindulge from their success. Humility halts this arrogance and self-indulging trap. Humble people/clubs share the credit and wealth, remaining focused and hungry to continue the journey of success.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 03:07 - Feb 27 with 1878 viewsGlyn1

Southampton did the double over Arsenal - there wasn't much notice taken of that either. Make a comment about it in the newspaper report and move on.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 06:08 - Feb 27 with 1861 viewsTummer_from_Texas

What should be bigger news - for anyone who follows the league closely - isn't that we beat Man U again, but HOW it was done.

When was the last time a Swans manager won a game as unlikely and big as this by coming up with a creative, unusual formation and lineup? The fact an inexperienced manager did it and ran strategic rings around an old, arrogant bastard with decades of experience on him makes it that much better!

Years from now, we just might be remembering last Saturday as GM's coming out party.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 07:28 - Feb 27 with 1842 viewscanhecatchit

Hey Tex, your not JvS in disguise are you by any chance? LMAO

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Login to get fewer ads

not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 08:17 - Feb 27 with 1798 viewsApeShit

not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 06:08 - Feb 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

What should be bigger news - for anyone who follows the league closely - isn't that we beat Man U again, but HOW it was done.

When was the last time a Swans manager won a game as unlikely and big as this by coming up with a creative, unusual formation and lineup? The fact an inexperienced manager did it and ran strategic rings around an old, arrogant bastard with decades of experience on him makes it that much better!

Years from now, we just might be remembering last Saturday as GM's coming out party.

What was unusual about the formation?
not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 10:50 - Feb 27 with 1722 viewslibertine

the mid field was super strong

almost Spanish style
not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 15:36 - Feb 27 with 1617 viewsTummer_from_Texas

not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 08:17 - Feb 27 by ApeShit

What was unusual about the formation?

Diamond shaped midfield

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 22:07 - Feb 27 with 1527 viewsTNT

not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 20:24 - Feb 26 by libertine

There'd be much more here and everywhere, had we lost to Man. Utd.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 22:21 - Feb 27 with 1514 viewsTNT

not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 22:07 - Feb 27 by TNT

There'd be much more here and everywhere, had we lost to Man. Utd.

It seems there are more people ready to complain than there are ready to acknowledge good.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 07:08 - Feb 28 with 1437 viewscaerleon_jack

Disagree with the OP - I think BBC Wales did quite a bit with it, but they took the angle of now that the Swans have achieved that, what's the next logical step in our progression? Anyone that called Rob Philips and said that they wanted slow and steady progression were told that they lacked ambition, and that we should be crying out for foreign investment to 'take us to the next level'. They did the same thing on the TV news but claimed that fans *were* crying out for foreign investment/next level, then showed 3 fans who basically said that they wanted a good end to the season, sign a few new players of the summer and maybe aim for top 6 next year.

BBC Wales were desperate to show the Man Utd result as a sign that we are now lacking ambition, and that foreign investment is our only hope for a future in the PL. I'm guessing they want us to be the new Cardiff, seeing as that business model took them 'to a new level'

Insert something witty here

not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 07:34 - Feb 28 with 1427 viewsAnotherJohn

I feel that we are in a rather odd situation in that we have had two excellent results in the midst of a run of disappointing ones. So while many of us were elated with Man Utd win, we still don't know what to make of the overall trend and therefore aren't jumping up and down just yet. If we get aresult at Burnley we could really start to feel that we've turned the corner, but a bad loss would see us again wondering if we don't have a major rebuilding task for next season. At least we are pretty much safe now, and if we could push on a bit towards the end of the season then Garry's appointment will have been fully vindicated.
not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 12:59 - Feb 28 with 1361 viewslibertine

I agree its a massive result amid a bad run.

but whats that got to do with it not being newsworthy.

Man Utd are a massive club, not doing aswell as previous years ok.

But to me Swansea city doing the double over Utd is massive, think about that just 5 years ago, just stop----------------------------------------------------- and think about it.

doing the double means that we weren't lucky, they wanted to come here and show us up just like we did to them, they meant business.

and we beat em!!!

Its a massive news story and hardly got a mention.

Now when Cardiff did city, then it was a newsworthy story.
not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 20:04 - Mar 7 with 1255 viewsAmpadu

not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 12:59 - Feb 28 by libertine

I agree its a massive result amid a bad run.

but whats that got to do with it not being newsworthy.

Man Utd are a massive club, not doing aswell as previous years ok.

But to me Swansea city doing the double over Utd is massive, think about that just 5 years ago, just stop----------------------------------------------------- and think about it.

doing the double means that we weren't lucky, they wanted to come here and show us up just like we did to them, they meant business.

and we beat em!!!

Its a massive news story and hardly got a mention.

Now when Cardiff did city, then it was a newsworthy story.

Give it a rest ffs man.

Man Utd are in our league.
We play them every year.
We have beaten them before.
They are not current champions of the world.
Others have beaten them.

This "History" that you talk about is meaningless unless we do well in other games too. This "History" is meaningless unless this was a specific target this season.
This "History" will be forgotten.

Why do you hold Man Utd in such high regard?

Who elso have we done the double over? Who cares...a win is a win.

Get over it, its annoying.

not much news about SCFC doing the double on UTD on 21:42 - Mar 7 with 1214 viewsEdmundo

Cardiff beating Rotherham is worthy of more air time.....well in Cardiff.....no where else really.

Leave it go boys, it'll never change.

I get more out of world news channels covering our epic results. Expands our name further than bala/merthyr and other areas of low jack support👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024