Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Over hyped premier league teams. 20:51 - Feb 26 with 1557 viewsicecoldjack

Liverpool out, Spurs out, Arsenal humbled at home when they were apparently massive favourites . Time to be honest and admit that premier league football teams are drastically over rated and tactically awful.

Throw in a team like Swansea doing the double over Man utd and generally holding their own against the "super powers " of English football and it's fair to say the massive money isnt doing that much to separate premier league teams from the rest of europe its just making them tactically inferior .

What are your thoughts?

Do we produce too many athletes and not enough tactical footballers?

Is the power and pace of the premier league too demanding physically to play big games in mid week?

With all the money to buy the best players outside of Madrid and Barca the premier league teams surely need to be doing better?

Over paid hyped up average joe footballers it seems.
Over hyped premier league teams. on 21:07 - Feb 26 with 1510 viewslonglostjack

Interesting question. Maybe the Premier League is more intense and wrk after week the focus of world attention. Whereas for players in other European Leagues it's the Champions League that is the main or only opportunity to get into the limelight. Hence they are more up for it.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Over hyped premier league teams. on 21:10 - Feb 26 with 1496 viewsScoobyWho

The most expensive, best paid, multi million pound reserve league in the world.

Fcking embarrassment,

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Over hyped premier league teams. on 21:24 - Feb 26 with 1463 viewsJethroJack

Basically, compared to all other European Leagues, the Premier League is far more competitive week-in, week-out, no easy games. So, when it comes to Champions & Europa league, we generally get our arses kicked (with a few exceptions) because of the demands of the domestic game.

The same "excuse" has served England well on the international scene since 66
Over hyped premier league teams. on 21:25 - Feb 26 with 1458 viewsAmpadu

Is the Premier League the best in the world? I guess so because of its competitiveness and media coverage/hype/controversy. But the best teams? Evidently not.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.

Over hyped premier league teams. on 21:26 - Feb 26 with 1453 viewswaynekerr55

The fixture list certainly doesn't help. The other leagues give 72 hours 'rest' days whereas the PL gives 48 hours. It's physiologically proven that fatigue accumulates quicker.

Plus you're spot on about tactics. Jose is about the only one who consistently can go toe to toe in Europe. Pellegrini is f*cking clueless and only won things with City as they had the best squad and the best players last year. Wenger is stuck in the late 90's/early 00's, and Brendan is still cutting his teeth

But of course, it's the best league in the world mun. It must be as people keep paying their £80 a month to Sky/Virgin...
[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 21:28]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Over hyped premier league teams. on 21:31 - Feb 26 with 1440 viewsicecoldjack

Over hyped premier league teams. on 21:24 - Feb 26 by JethroJack

Basically, compared to all other European Leagues, the Premier League is far more competitive week-in, week-out, no easy games. So, when it comes to Champions & Europa league, we generally get our arses kicked (with a few exceptions) because of the demands of the domestic game.

The same "excuse" has served England well on the international scene since 66

Which is a fair point but that same league before Liverpool got everyone banned was also generally dominating european football back then, thinking the late 70's/80's .

I've no doubt that British players think they are far better than they actually are, watching Liverpool tonight and seeing how hardly any of their players could cross the ball while under no real pressure was laughable considering they take home anything from 50-90k a week!

Can't cross a ball but earning 90k a week !! lol

They talk about lba at Liverpool now fast tracked to the England team after a couple of decent games, it's total madness to me, though its another example of players having everything at a young age then maybe not needing or wanting to develop technique further as they've "made it"
Over hyped premier league teams. on 21:39 - Feb 26 with 1417 viewsicecoldjack

Over hyped premier league teams. on 21:26 - Feb 26 by waynekerr55

The fixture list certainly doesn't help. The other leagues give 72 hours 'rest' days whereas the PL gives 48 hours. It's physiologically proven that fatigue accumulates quicker.

Plus you're spot on about tactics. Jose is about the only one who consistently can go toe to toe in Europe. Pellegrini is f*cking clueless and only won things with City as they had the best squad and the best players last year. Wenger is stuck in the late 90's/early 00's, and Brendan is still cutting his teeth

But of course, it's the best league in the world mun. It must be as people keep paying their £80 a month to Sky/Virgin...
[Post edited 26 Feb 2015 21:28]

Recovery could well be a factor but then alot of these teams have huge squads with superstars struggling to even get onto the bench!

Look at how Sousa nulified Liverpool in the Champions league, player for player you would think Liverpool would have the edge, but if anything the reverse was true, that surely must be down to better tactical awarness from the coach and also the players ?

The Swans IMO with our continental mix of dutch and spanish mixed with british give us a well rounded type of football and also enabled us to us the ball wisely against better teams, we go away from this now towards IMO a more "British" approach.

Some of the footballers ive seen play for young boys fc and beskitas etc,etc look bloody fantastic footballers, twice the players than half the tosh in the premier league but if that same player turned out for Spurs or Liverpool i wonder if we'd see the same player ?

Harder football in our league no doubt but i only think its half the story.
Over hyped premier league teams. on 21:47 - Feb 26 with 1378 viewsicecoldjack

JDG just scored for Napoli, the boy is doing well there in fairness, an example of a good tactical,technical footballer who could walk into Liverpools team for half the money of others and out shine them.
Login to get fewer ads

Over hyped premier league teams. on 21:51 - Feb 26 with 1371 viewsairedale

I stoically sat there tonight, watching the Liverpool game, until half way through the second half. I couldn't stand it anymore after then. I put the Everton game on then and it was like watching a proper game after pub football. As you said, £90k a week.

Kin ell!
Over hyped premier league teams. on 22:55 - Feb 26 with 1304 viewsperchrockjack

And there in is the reason for us to not be in any awe whatsoever of the big bollox clubs

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Over hyped premier league teams. on 23:03 - Feb 26 with 1287 viewsjack247

Cue managers bitching to get a winter break
Over hyped premier league teams. on 01:06 - Feb 27 with 1205 viewsNookiejack

If you are Rodgers before the away leg you have got to make the assessment - what is best way qualifying for Champions League - winning Europa - or achieving 4th in PL.

Winning tonight only gets you in last 16 of Europa - so potentially another 7 games if you go all the way - 6 on a Thursday night.

I don't think Rodgers minded getting knocked out - especially on penalties which is a good way to go out.
Over hyped premier league teams. on 09:08 - Feb 27 with 1095 viewsClinton

Over hyped premier league teams. on 21:31 - Feb 26 by icecoldjack

Which is a fair point but that same league before Liverpool got everyone banned was also generally dominating european football back then, thinking the late 70's/80's .

I've no doubt that British players think they are far better than they actually are, watching Liverpool tonight and seeing how hardly any of their players could cross the ball while under no real pressure was laughable considering they take home anything from 50-90k a week!

Can't cross a ball but earning 90k a week !! lol

They talk about lba at Liverpool now fast tracked to the England team after a couple of decent games, it's total madness to me, though its another example of players having everything at a young age then maybe not needing or wanting to develop technique further as they've "made it"

Agree about Ibe. Sure he's very quick, but very raw and totally one-footed. Not international calibre at the moment.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024