Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carmarthen 17:42 - Feb 27 with 2048 viewsmax936

Any one know if its a good night out and where's the best place to stop the night?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Carmarthen on 17:46 - Feb 27 with 1497 viewsThursday

Swansea.
Carmarthen on 17:52 - Feb 27 with 1484 viewsmax936

Carmarthen on 17:46 - Feb 27 by Thursday

Swansea.

The clue is in the title mun.

Carmarthen on 17:53 - Feb 27 with 1478 viewsQuakerJack

Carmarthen on 17:46 - Feb 27 by Thursday

Swansea.

Is the right answer. My brother in law, who is from Middlesbrough and no connection to Wales, had his stag do in Carmarthen... best man was taking the pish fair play.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Carmarthen on 17:55 - Feb 27 with 1469 viewsStarsky

The 3rd field at the top of the lane.
They are soo fluffy

It's just the internet, init.

Carmarthen on 17:56 - Feb 27 with 1469 viewslittle_britton

Carmarthen isn't a good night out as it used be but should be pretty busy tomorrow night.
Depends on how much you want to pay for somewhere to stay, you can stay somewhere cheap or expensive
Carmarthen on 18:01 - Feb 27 with 1460 viewsmax936

Carmarthen on 17:56 - Feb 27 by little_britton

Carmarthen isn't a good night out as it used be but should be pretty busy tomorrow night.
Depends on how much you want to pay for somewhere to stay, you can stay somewhere cheap or expensive

For next saturday it is, me and the mrs, looking for a change from Cardiff, there's a new shopping centre there apparently, she can spend some there. I'll head for the nearest real ale pub.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 18:04]

Carmarthen on 18:11 - Feb 27 with 1436 viewslittle_britton

Same shops as everywhere else with quite a few locally owned ones but all pretty close together so not so much walking.
Plenty of pubs to choose from, spillman guest house is supposed to be a nice place to stay
Carmarthen on 18:14 - Feb 27 with 1432 viewsmax936

Carmarthen on 18:11 - Feb 27 by little_britton

Same shops as everywhere else with quite a few locally owned ones but all pretty close together so not so much walking.
Plenty of pubs to choose from, spillman guest house is supposed to be a nice place to stay

Yeah just looked that place up, there not a new shopping centre there then?

Login to get fewer ads

Carmarthen on 18:19 - Feb 27 with 1426 viewslittle_britton

The * new* shopping centres opened a good 4 years ago
[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 18:27]
Carmarthen on 18:22 - Feb 27 with 1415 viewsStarsky

Carmarthen on 18:19 - Feb 27 by little_britton

Do you get the impression that Max has time travelled from 1997

Carmarthen on 18:25 - Feb 27 with 1408 viewsLeonisGod

That new compared to Swansea. Carmarthen is a much nicer place to shop imo. The same big stores (with some extra) but lots more smaller individual shops.
Carmarthen on 18:40 - Feb 27 with 1386 viewsmax936

That's new enough then, haven't been to Carmarthen town for about 10yrs or more,

Carmarthen on 19:21 - Feb 27 with 1354 viewsepaul

Carmarthen on 18:22 - Feb 27 by Starsky

Do you get the impression that Max has time travelled from 1997

If you saw his haircut that would confirm what you said

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Carmarthen on 19:54 - Feb 27 with 1314 viewsStarsky

Carmarthen on 19:21 - Feb 27 by epaul

Carmarthen on 19:56 - Feb 27 with 1310 viewsmax936

Carmarthen on 19:21 - Feb 27 by epaul

Fukup Wolfie.

Carmarthen on 20:24 - Feb 27 with 1280 viewsJohnw102

I live about ½ hour from Carmarthen, and just wouldn't bother, shopping poor, eat and drink average, we go to Llanelli which in my opinion is far better.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Carmarthen on 21:12 - Feb 27 with 1235 viewslittle_britton

Sorry Carmarthen is a much better night out than Llanelli
Carmarthen on 21:51 - Feb 27 with 1211 viewsstevethejack

Been there a few times for work. Wetherspoons and a lot of other (more decent) pubs there.

Shopping looked to be OK and concentrated in one area. Never stayed there, so can't advise.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 17:09]
Carmarthen on 22:20 - Feb 27 with 1184 viewsChief

Carmarthen is a decent night out. some good traditional pubs such as the the queens and the stag and pheasant, some new trendy bars like café 5 and diablos or lively places like the spread eagle and the rose and crown. I'd suggest the iconic plume of feathers too. great indian named ginger a few doors down from the spoons also.

far better night out than Llanelli (and im a turk). only drink here coz I can walk home

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Carmarthen on 22:31 - Feb 27 with 1176 viewsmax936

Thanks all, I've left it to her indoors now, she's having a think, so it'll probably end up a day out in Swansea and a taxi back to Neath, marvellous.

Carmarthen on 02:14 - Feb 28 with 1126 viewsStarsky

Carmarthen on 22:31 - Feb 27 by max936

Thanks all, I've left it to her indoors now, she's having a think, so it'll probably end up a day out in Swansea and a taxi back to Neath, marvellous.

Just a thought max.
For my misus birthday last year.
We booked an evening meal, bed and breakfast at th Atlantic hotel in porthcawl. Had a great night. Overlooking the sea.
Checkout their website. Bit different.

Carmarthen on 06:45 - Feb 28 with 1101 viewsItchySphincter

Carmarthen is a f*ckin dump on the way to nowhere. Unfortunately it's seen as the capital of the county rather than Llanelli which has a bigger population and therefore gets tremendous funding for improvements, etc. A familiar tale.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Carmarthen on 08:02 - Feb 28 with 1085 viewsdickythorpe

Max the pubs are not doing well. The Glyndwr closed after only being open a year. The Queens is the only place for real ale. Diablos is a cocktail bar in the town that is doing well but limited for the likes of me and you.
Wetherspoons is ok but as you can imagine it's full of old boys buying cheap pints. The Parrot is a music bar which was saved by an online appeal and does do ale but the whispers are it may struggle even after rhodri gilbert thousands!
The plume is worth a visit but it is tiny and poor beers. Some good sporting pics there mind.
The quins rugby club at the top of the town has doom bar on tap and is pleasant. The athletic rugby club is now out of town towards the school in Johnstown.
The spread used to be a cracking pub but is dying. Rose and Crown is good for food but noisy in evening.
Not many tidy places to stay, the Spillane or ivy bush would be quieter than the boars head and rose and crown.
The football club is open but limited to Saturday I think,not much on tap there.
Shopping is good but maybe just come down for the day.
The Quayside used to have a pub, nightclub and restaurant but now it's the diablos on the Quay. This is nice for food only, but it does do gower gold in bottles.
Carmarthen on 08:19 - Feb 28 with 1068 viewsepaul

Carmarthen on 19:56 - Feb 27 by max936

Fukup Wolfie.

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Carmarthen on 10:20 - Feb 28 with 1014 viewsmax936

Carmarthen on 02:14 - Feb 28 by Starsky

Just a thought max.
For my misus birthday last year.
We booked an evening meal, bed and breakfast at th Atlantic hotel in porthcawl. Had a great night. Overlooking the sea.
Checkout their website. Bit different.

Cheers mush.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024