Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? 21:53 - Feb 27 with 1965 viewsTNT

For whatever reason, which Swans' games outside of the top flight are most memorable to you?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 22:04 - Feb 27 with 1544 viewsSTEVE1

Preston 1 Swansea3
Swansea 3 Forest 1
Swansea 3 ,Watford 2 1978

Have not picked out any finals
Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 22:12 - Feb 27 with 1531 viewsTNT

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 22:04 - Feb 27 by STEVE1

Preston 1 Swansea3
Swansea 3 Forest 1
Swansea 3 ,Watford 2 1978

Have not picked out any finals

Great call mate, YJB!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 22:39 - Feb 27 with 1500 viewsswans11

Best away trip ever went on when beat bury to get promoted 5000 swansea fans there that day

Beating Leeds 3 2 at home

The 7 1 hammering Bristol city could scored 10 that day
Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 22:45 - Feb 27 with 1492 viewsNeathJack

Ignoring the obvious such as Hull, Preston, & play off games and going by lower leagues meaning the bottom 2 divisions:

Bristol City 0-0 1985

Bury away 0-1 2005

Cardiff 2-1 1998 (my birthday )
Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 22:57 - Feb 27 with 1476 viewsScoobyWho

1. Wembley 94 winning the autoglass.
Chelsea away league cup semi first leg win.
Slamming that pile of fabricated sh1t 3-0 last season.

Just realised its lower league ;-)

2. I will add beating bristol wurzel 7-1
3. Knocking west ham out of the FA cup 98 ?
[Post edited 27 Feb 2015 22:59]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 23:17 - Feb 27 with 1447 viewsEdmundo

Beating Millwall away en route to the Prem

Beating Huddersfield in autoglass final

Beating Leeds home en route to the Prem

Oh.....and beating Cardiff at every opportunity

👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 23:50 - Feb 27 with 1421 viewsJackanapes

Swansea 0 -3 Exeter City Feb 1976 my first game
Swansea 4 - 4 Stockport March 1977 ( 4-0 down with 20 mins to go, had a goal disallowed in injury time)
Chesterfield game when Tosh nodded winner in May 1979.
Many more .

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 23:58 - Feb 27 with 1409 viewsKilkennyjack

Swans 8 Hartelpool 0
Swans 7 brizzle city 1
Swans 1 scum 0 (league cup at liberty)

Many more - promotion at bury away was a great day out.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 00:07 - Feb 28 with 1397 viewsSTEVE1

Swans 2 Chesterfield 1 promotion on the eve vof the cup final St Josephs and North End used to run a dance in the top rank on the eve of the cup final for years what a night

Bury 0 Swansea 1 what an atmosphere we went back to a pub near the ground and had a fantastic time

Swansea 7 Bristol city 1 what a day.
Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 00:13 - Feb 28 with 1386 viewslonglostjack

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 22:12 - Feb 27 by TNT

Great call mate, YJB!

That Watford game - was it a midweek under floodlights?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 00:30 - Feb 28 with 1365 viewsSTEVE1

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 00:13 - Feb 28 by longlostjack

Yes I think we went 2 up fairly early on Watford who also got promotion that season came back into the game and it was 2-2 until Curtis headed the winner.
Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 00:33 - Feb 28 with 1364 viewsNookiejack

1978 1979 season

Swansea 4 Rotherham 4
Swansea 4 Tranmere 3

The games were in the same week and I recall us being down 1-4 v Rotherham and came back to draw 4-4 then were down 1-3 v Tranmere and came back to win 4-3. (Both incredibly exciting games)

1980 1981 Promotion season to League 1

Bristol Rovers 1 Swansea 2

I remember us needing that away win right at the end of the season
Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 00:54 - Feb 28 with 1343 viewsNookiejack

1983/1984

Boxing Day game

Cardiff City 3 Swansea City 2

I remember this game because of Toshack's goal where he started off from half way line and kept going and going - eventually scoring.

I think we took the lead but then Cardiff came back and won the game.

(I also remember Toshack back heeling in a goal in one game as well. Anyone remember that one?
Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 02:41 - Feb 28 with 1309 viewsjazzswan

the question was lower league games, so....

NO 1 ... first game i saw at the vetch

Swans 5 - 0 Shrewsbury September 1971

NO 2... Dai Gwyther hatrick!

Swans 6 - 2 Grimsby October 1972 (close call for that or the Hartlepool 8 - 0!)

NO 3.. the game people gave up on the Swans and left with 25 mins to go!

Swans 4 - 4 Stockport March 1977

Happy days!
Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 08:21 - Feb 28 with 1231 viewsmarchamjack

Oldham away first game of the season under Roberto, lost 2-1, but we saw us play the 'Swansea Way' for the first time, a real eye-opener for anyone who was there that day (whatever happened to the 'Swansea Way' of playing....). I always think back to that game.

Preston obviously

Hull obviously

Loads more (all the other obvious ones and lots of those mentioned above), but those 3 always immediately come to mind without having to think too hard

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 08:39 - Feb 28 with 1217 viewsepaul

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 08:21 - Feb 28 by marchamjack

Oldham away first game of the season under Roberto, lost 2-1, but we saw us play the 'Swansea Way' for the first time, a real eye-opener for anyone who was there that day (whatever happened to the 'Swansea Way' of playing....). I always think back to that game.

Preston obviously

Hull obviously

Loads more (all the other obvious ones and lots of those mentioned above), but those 3 always immediately come to mind without having to think too hard

My son was with me that day, we walked away from that fame thinking, this is going to be a good season, everyone did.
went to most if the games mentioned in this thread, there's to many to pick from!!!!!

One of my personal faves was beating Peterborough 3-2 away on boxing day after being 2 nil down half time, had a mate with me who'd never been to a footie match before and was seriously in to rugby, by the time we scored the 3 goal he was going kin mental lol

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 08:48 - Feb 28 with 1207 viewsmarchamjack

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 08:39 - Feb 28 by epaul

My son was with me that day, we walked away from that fame thinking, this is going to be a good season, everyone did.
went to most if the games mentioned in this thread, there's to many to pick from!!!!!

One of my personal faves was beating Peterborough 3-2 away on boxing day after being 2 nil down half time, had a mate with me who'd never been to a footie match before and was seriously in to rugby, by the time we scored the 3 goal he was going kin mental lol

I know exactly what you mean after that Oldham game. I went home and put £50 e/w on us to go up at 20/1. I was so confident. Never done that before or since! Had to wait to get paid out at the end of the season til they settled the Leeds points deduction case (we would have finished above them anyway with their points back but the bookies weren't having it until the FA ruled on it). Remember the Oldham manager saying at the end of the game whoever finished above us that season would go up. No-one did!

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 09:13 - Feb 28 with 1185 viewsJackanapes

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 00:13 - Feb 28 by longlostjack

It was a Friday night game. Toshs home debut.(Actually that was 3-3 in 1978) I think the 3-2 was in Div 3(1979). So actually it was a midweek game(Tues), just a year later.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2015 9:31]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 09:30 - Feb 28 with 1167 viewsKilkennyjack

Terrific game in 1980 with the to be redbirds away, 3-3 on our way to Division 1 glory under Tosh, and still gutted that they equalised some 30 plus years later !

Beware of the Risen People

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 09:32 - Feb 28 with 1164 viewsJackanapes

Buchanan the moon faced cntmnky.

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 09:39 - Feb 28 with 1154 viewsepaul

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 09:30 - Feb 28 by Kilkennyjack

Terrific game in 1980 with the to be redbirds away, 3-3 on our way to Division 1 glory under Tosh, and still gutted that they equalised some 30 plus years later !

Boxing day 80 that utter b*stard Buchanan, I was right behind the goal just knew it was going in, remember it as vivid today as it was then, my first trip to that sh*thole, damn you Buchanan just damn you

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 09:44 - Feb 28 with 1151 viewsjack247

Yeovil at home 3-2 - the Gavin Williams ayatollah game
Cardiff at home 2-1 - we were awful all game. Matt Bound last minute winner
Forest away 0-0 - playoff semi first leg. 10 men all game. Psychologically won the semi final that night.
Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 09:56 - Feb 28 with 1136 viewsAl_Bundy

Mid 80's

Wigan away - Thunderstorm .. then a snow storm , the away end became a muddy grass bank , lost 5-0 then beaten up by Wigan fans then our train broke down on the way back to Euston.

Peterboro away on new years day - long trip 0-2 down at halftime and won 3-2 and the away terrace went mental

Luton away - Savarase hatrick and the burning Welsh flag incident lost 5-3 but should have been 10-10
Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 10:14 - Feb 28 with 1116 viewscanhecatchit

First Game like Jacanapes Swansea 0 Exeter City 3 got me hooked 1975-76

Preston away 3-1 fpr Promotion.

Leeds home the 5-1 win First Division

Beating Man Utd 2-0 at the Vetch

Beating Bradford away 6-4

So many to choose from, as someone said 1-4 down to Rotherham drew 4-4 and Robbie James smashed the ball over the bar ftom six yards, last minute could have won 5-4

Losing 5-0 to Boro at home in the FA cup when we battered them and they score 3 break away goals LOL

Hartlepool at home 8-0 my sister and cousins first ever game that got them hooked

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 10:56 - Feb 28 with 1096 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Your top 3 games in the lower leagues? on 08:21 - Feb 28 by marchamjack

Preston obviously

Hull obviously

Can't really pick three out but will agree with a lot of the old timers on stuff after 76/77 when I first went down the vetch .

About the Oldham game I actually phoned my father on the way out and told him not to worry about the result , "we're going to walk the league anyway". That's the best I've ever felt after watching a game we've lost in. Loads of Oldham fans were saying to us on the way out "how the f did you lose that?". Apart from the treachery I'll always thank RM for those experiences , what an amazing side we were for division 3!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024