Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mid Wales 22:07 - Feb 27 with 5188 viewsowainglyndwr

Any Aberystwyth or Machynlleth jacks on here I was surprised how much support there is for Swans in these area's
Mid Wales on 22:34 - Feb 27 with 4181 viewsMorganator100

It has increased in the area due mainly to the Aberystwyth Junior Development teams linked to the Swansea Academy.

You still get your Man Utd/Liverpool supporters down that area
Mid Wales on 22:35 - Feb 27 with 4181 viewsbuilthjack

Builth and Llandrindod is full of Jacks. Loads in Llanwrtyd, and Brecon has gone from bluebirds to Swans

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mid Wales on 22:51 - Feb 27 with 4144 viewsScoobyWho

Mid Wales on 22:35 - Feb 27 by builthjack

Builth and Llandrindod is full of Jacks. Loads in Llanwrtyd, and Brecon has gone from bluebirds to Swans

Fact.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Mid Wales on 23:24 - Feb 27 with 4097 viewsEdmundo

I remember a trip to shrewsbury a few years ago on the heart of wales line. I was v suprised that we picking Jacks up after Ammanford! Must have been about 1500 on the train, absolutely rammed!

Great day out but sh*t result!

That must have been what, about 10 years ago!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Mid Wales on 00:44 - Feb 28 with 4027 viewsItchySphincter

Shrewsbury and Crewe were pretty well attended in those days iirc.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Mid Wales on 05:25 - Feb 28 with 3983 viewsEdmundo

I went to a stag do in Brecon a few years ago and few of us wore Swans shirts out....the reaction we got from the local bluebirds...friggin hell!

Glad they've crawled back under their stones 😂

Mid Wales on 07:42 - Feb 28 with 3924 viewsbuilthjack

Mid Wales on 05:25 - Feb 28 by Edmundo

I went to a stag do in Brecon a few years ago and few of us wore Swans shirts out....the reaction we got from the local bluebirds...friggin hell!

Glad they've crawled back under their stones 😂

Loads of Swans shirts there now. There's also kids camps held there in the school hols, so the young kids get the swans in them early.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mid Wales on 09:32 - Feb 28 with 3817 viewsdulaisjack

llandeilo is full of jacks yet llandovery has a strong cardiff following, sad lot up there.
Login to get fewer ads

Mid Wales on 15:30 - Feb 28 with 3678 viewsowainglyndwr

We went into the Skinners pub in Mach and asked if the had the Man City champion league match on and the landlords said that they were all Swans supporters here in this bar
Mid Wales on 15:37 - Feb 28 with 3669 viewsAquinas

Agreed.

The older generation of Brecon is Cardiff, younger lot support Swansea. There was a 52 seater to Wembley from Brecon for the League Cup final.

Once you get to Crickhowell, Abergavenny etc that is where you start to see more Cardiff fans than jacks.
Mid Wales on 15:52 - Feb 28 with 3645 viewsEvanski

I'm based in Aberystwyth and there are shitloads of Jacks here. There are a few misguided Blueturds, but vastly outnumbered by Jacks, especially these days. Same can be said for most of Ceredigion. Machynlleth, as mentioned, is also white. I grew up in Llanfair Caereinion, Montgomeryshire, in the early to mid 80s and there were a few Jacks even there. You'll even find Jacks as far north as Caernarfon, although Bangor is mainly blue/red, whatever the feck they're wearing these days.

Jacs y Canolbarth - Cangen Aberystwyth / Mid Wales Jacks - Aberystwyth Branch

Mid Wales on 16:25 - Feb 28 with 3606 viewsllanwrtyd_jack

Indeed there is 😃
Mid Wales on 16:29 - Feb 28 with 3601 viewsllanwrtyd_jack

Mid Wales on 23:24 - Feb 27 by Edmundo

I remember a trip to shrewsbury a few years ago on the heart of wales line. I was v suprised that we picking Jacks up after Ammanford! Must have been about 1500 on the train, absolutely rammed!

I remember that game. The trip up on the train was quality! Reckon it was about 2004
Mid Wales on 03:15 - Mar 2 with 3426 viewshackneyjack

Mid Wales on 23:24 - Feb 27 by Edmundo

Edmundo,is that Duncan who I new in London? I remember 6 of us got on in llanwrtyd and you couldn't believe swans fans were still boarding the train! great away day that.
Mid Wales on 05:56 - Mar 2 with 3399 viewsItchySphincter

Mid Wales on 09:32 - Feb 28 by dulaisjack

llandeilo is full of jacks yet llandovery has a strong cardiff following, sad lot up there.

Do you know the llandeilo boys? I know a few but not seen them in a long time.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Mid Wales on 07:57 - Mar 2 with 3337 viewsEdmundo

Mid Wales on 16:29 - Feb 28 by llanwrtyd_jack

I remember that game. The trip up on the train was quality! Reckon it was about 2004

Memorable trip but crap game. Shame we don't have trips like that anymore.

How often does that service run, fancy a few days around that area?

Glad to see our mid Wales support growing 👍

Mid Wales on 08:05 - Mar 2 with 3328 viewsbuilthjack

Mid Wales on 07:57 - Mar 2 by Edmundo

It's good to see young kids in Swans shirts in Mid Wales. It means we will have good support in the future. Expansion soon please, they need to see games.

Mid Wales on 09:01 - Mar 2 with 3282 viewsllanwrtyd_jack

Mid Wales on 07:57 - Mar 2 by Edmundo

There's 4 trains a day in each direction, and it's about 2 hours from Swansea.

Beautiful scenery, and we'll worth spending a few days up there
Mid Wales on 09:20 - Mar 2 with 3264 viewswhiterock

This will help, it'll also be nice to get centres in Ireland too

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2015/02/24/youth-development-at-the-swans/
Mid Wales on 10:33 - Mar 2 with 3236 viewsPrivate_Partz

Mid Wales on 09:20 - Mar 2 by whiterock

This will help, it'll also be nice to get centres in Ireland too

http://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2015/02/24/youth-development-at-the-swans/

I think these camps help the club no end. We also need a top quality marketing strategy as well to encourage as much of Wales to support the team as we can possibly get. It is the way forward for this club. what is the point of trying to extend the fan base however if there is no room in the Liberty to accommodate the newcomers ............

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Mid Wales on 10:37 - Mar 2 with 3233 viewsScoobyWho

Mid Wales on 16:25 - Feb 28 by llanwrtyd_jack

Indeed there is 😃

Was at a training week in Brecon for my new company a few weeks back, and this is confirmed, played a Five a side on two nights at the leisure centre, saw probably ten plus lads in swans shirts. No scum in evidence anywhere.

The times they aint a changing, they have completely changed.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Mid Wales on 14:52 - Mar 2 with 3166 viewsGlyn1

I've got 4 days off next week and would like to go somewhere in mid-Wales that has good scenery, good walks, good pubs and I can wear my Swans shirt in peace. I'm sure there are a lot of good places up there but I don't know the area at all, so please do you have any recommendations?

(Somewhere inland, rather than on the coast.)

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Mid Wales on 15:09 - Mar 2 with 3152 viewsOldjack

It won't be long

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Mid Wales on 15:26 - Mar 2 with 3144 viewsllanwrtyd_jack

Mid Wales on 14:52 - Mar 2 by Glyn1

I've got 4 days off next week and would like to go somewhere in mid-Wales that has good scenery, good walks, good pubs and I can wear my Swans shirt in peace. I'm sure there are a lot of good places up there but I don't know the area at all, so please do you have any recommendations?

(Somewhere inland, rather than on the coast.)

You should than head to Llanwrtyd then..!

Nice few pubs, couple of restaurants... nice scenery (you're surrounded by hills, and within a short drive of the Elan Valley, Brecon Beacons...)... and absolutely no problems wearing a Swansea shirt! :-)

If I still lived round there I would've met you for a pint or two! Should really change my user name, but have had it since the days of jackarmy.net!

If I can help with anything, drop me a PM
Mid Wales on 20:59 - Mar 2 with 2997 viewsjack_obs

Mid Wales on 09:32 - Feb 28 by dulaisjack

Less of the "sad lot up there," Llandovery and its surrounding area (Llangadog, Llanwrda, Llanwrtyd) is over 90% Swans and always has been, the boys I know up that way wouldn't be too impressed with the suggestion its a Cardiff town! The strong Cardiff following consisted of about 4 or 5 "loyal" lads in the 70's & 80's but that number increased to about 12/15 when Sam Hammam came in, due to the fact a few boys suddenly changed their allegiance from the Swans to Cardiff, they were obviously taken in by his comments about us never being a big club! Most of them worked together as Posties at the time. However the area has always been a Jack Stronghold and a mate mentioned there's well over 50+ ST holders from the area not too mention those who attend whenever they can. The same goes for Trecastle and Sennybridge further up the A40.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024