Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! 02:21 - Feb 28 with 24356 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:09 - Feb 28 with 2681 viewsIslander

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:04 - Feb 28 by LeonisGod

Yep, Jonjo was decent today.

Although, Fab take bow son. Saved us 2 points with that save from Vokes and dealt with all the high balls at the end.

agreed - btw, how do u see Leon transitioning in to this set up ?

intriguing isn't it
The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:12 - Feb 28 with 2659 viewsthomasJack

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:02 - Feb 28 by swan_si

if Spurs pick up a shit load of injuries tomorrow i fancy our chances of picking up another 3 points Wednesday, and Gomis to score at least 1

3points maybe..... but gomis will not score

Poll: Next signing

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:12 - Feb 28 with 2655 viewssomersetsimon

Burnley fan on the BBC website moaning about 'horrific refereeing'. Was there anything else apart from the ball hitting a hand?
The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:13 - Feb 28 with 2648 viewslondonlisa2001

A free flowing attacking classic that was not, but I found it strangely enjoyable! Like getting in a time machine and going back years to the sorts of games I remember!

Great 3 points - Fernandez played really well I thought as did Cork - he really is a cracking signing and quite why Arsenal allowed Fab to leave is beyond me - he's a better keeper than they have on their books.

Gomis reminds me of endless strikers we have had over the years - we've all forgotten because of Sinclair / Borini, Michu and Bony of how poor most of our forwards have been - he's joined a long list of forwards who are pretty awful in front of goal. Brilliant defending set pieces though, which is gaining us points.

Safe with over 10 games to go really is a fantastic achievement for a club in only our 4th season in the PL. Even if the football isn't as we'd all like, you really can't knock what Monk has achieved this season.

50 points please - that would be a wonderful total. And with Europa looking like it could come down to 7th place, then who knows?
The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:15 - Feb 28 with 2624 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Cork was unlucky not to get the Goal at the first go, but the home goal is all down to him and Gomis' header.
Oliveira was so unlucky with his shot, he beat the keeper but not the impossible angle.
Fab was FAB.
The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:19 - Feb 28 with 2566 viewsGlyn1

A poor game and Burnley were unlucky to lose. I thought that Gomis worked hard.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:29 - Feb 28 with 2454 viewsDarran

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:19 - Feb 28 by Glyn1

Glad you got there.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:31 - Feb 28 with 2443 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:19 - Feb 28 by Glyn1

I wouldn't have said that Burnley were unlucky, although I don't think we could have complained if it had been a draw.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:32 - Feb 28 with 2435 viewsazjack

Yes..bit of an enigma is Go-miss. He certainly puts in a shift but he really does need to get a goal on his account. The classic example was when, one on one with the Burnley GK, he smashed way over the top after a wonderful first touch. A little dink over the keeper would have done it or even taking it wide would possibly have drawn a penalty but he was looking for a goal of the month moment instead.
The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:34 - Feb 28 with 2412 viewsLeonisGod

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:09 - Feb 28 by Islander

agreed - btw, how do u see Leon transitioning in to this set up ?

intriguing isn't it

I don't see leon getting back in unfortunately. Cork's starting to look good and is a natural replacement, and Ki has been great this year. I can't see either of them getting dropped. With Shelvey getting better it looks like leon is 4th choice for the 2 deeper roles (maybe even 5th after Carroll).

I presume Garry has sat Leon down and had that 'you won't play as much any more' chat. Shame as he must still have a lot to offer.
The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:35 - Feb 28 with 2413 viewscockneyswan

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:12 - Feb 28 by somersetsimon

Burnley fan on the BBC website moaning about 'horrific refereeing'. Was there anything else apart from the ball hitting a hand?

Yes Routs should have had a pen in 1st half.
The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:36 - Feb 28 with 2404 viewslibertine

brilliant result!!!!!!!!!!

I'm almost joining the gomis bashers though.

Olivera for 1 minute, I think we've got to give me a full game.
The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:37 - Feb 28 with 2398 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I see Lisa had a similar Damascene Conversion to me today. I enjoyed that too.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:41 - Feb 28 with 2376 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:37 - Feb 28 by NeiltheTaylor

I see Lisa had a similar Damascene Conversion to me today. I enjoyed that too.

Bet there aren't too many of us though :-)

I like Burnley - I'd really like them to stay up ( at the expense of Villa & QPR - nothing against Villa though particularly - would love to see QPR down again).
The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:43 - Feb 28 with 2367 viewsNeiltheTaylor

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:34 - Feb 28 by LeonisGod

I don't see leon getting back in unfortunately. Cork's starting to look good and is a natural replacement, and Ki has been great this year. I can't see either of them getting dropped. With Shelvey getting better it looks like leon is 4th choice for the 2 deeper roles (maybe even 5th after Carroll).

I presume Garry has sat Leon down and had that 'you won't play as much any more' chat. Shame as he must still have a lot to offer.

Also, Britton's style doesn't really fit in with how Monk likes to set up.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:52 - Feb 28 with 2295 viewsbuilthjack

Fans were fantastic today, never stopped singing all game. Happy days.
Am now in the holiday inn watching Wales winning.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:53 - Feb 28 with 2288 viewsmacthejack

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:32 - Feb 28 by azjack

Yes..bit of an enigma is Go-miss. He certainly puts in a shift but he really does need to get a goal on his account. The classic example was when, one on one with the Burnley GK, he smashed way over the top after a wonderful first touch. A little dink over the keeper would have done it or even taking it wide would possibly have drawn a penalty but he was looking for a goal of the month moment instead.

Thing is people always say "He just needs a goal to get him started" and everytime he scores nothing changes.
The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:55 - Feb 28 with 2274 viewsmonmouth

I'm not wanting to bash the bloke at all (but of course, I don't like the f*cker) but what are Gomis' strengths that we can play to? Other than headers from corners (which did set up the goal so that's fine today) what can he do? He can't hit the cow's erse with his feet and he has no pace (when he tried to push and run it was laughable). Sometimes he looks neat with his contol, other times, like a coo with a gun. I don't really get how we are supposed to play to bring out his strengths? What are they?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:00 - Feb 28 with 2231 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:55 - Feb 28 by monmouth

I'm not wanting to bash the bloke at all (but of course, I don't like the f*cker) but what are Gomis' strengths that we can play to? Other than headers from corners (which did set up the goal so that's fine today) what can he do? He can't hit the cow's erse with his feet and he has no pace (when he tried to push and run it was laughable). Sometimes he looks neat with his contol, other times, like a coo with a gun. I don't really get how we are supposed to play to bring out his strengths? What are they?

Besides being decent heading away the oppositions corners, he does nothing up front.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:01 - Feb 28 with 2219 viewsazjack

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:53 - Feb 28 by macthejack

Thing is people always say "He just needs a goal to get him started" and everytime he scores nothing changes.

I believe that Oliviera is a more intelligent player than Go Miss although his languid style is probably more suited to playing behind of - rather than instead - of a striker. We shall see.
The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:35 - Feb 28 with 2105 viewsDavillin

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 17:55 - Feb 28 by monmouth

[I'll start as you did, except that I have no feelings about hm one way or the other, but like you, I don't want to "bash the bloke" either.]

I just don't think he's up to the pace required to play for Swansea -- pace of mind and foot. He often doesn't see, and doesn't hit, the spaces that the passers see and hit. He's a bit late on the end of a pass.

I also think that he's not just "trying to hard," but is beyond that -- he's "desperate to score." With a few quick goals, that should go away.

Can this be remedied? I like to think so. He is valuable in defence both from the front and at the back for corners and free kicks.

Would I put Oliveira in there? Maybe give Gomis a game or two yet.

I still have time for him at the moment.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:45 - Feb 28 with 2072 viewsPozuelosSideys

Dullest and least entertaining win ever. But a win is a win, so cant really complain.

We arent particularly attractive to watch anymore, but i suppose the points are what counts, right?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:59 - Feb 28 with 1993 viewsmonmouth

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:45 - Feb 28 by PozuelosSideys

Dullest and least entertaining win ever. But a win is a win, so cant really complain.

We arent particularly attractive to watch anymore, but i suppose the points are what counts, right?

40 points one game earlier than the 'laudrup super season' but. no. I'd be lying if I say I really enjoyed watching that. But...I did enjoy the result. Last time I was there, we lost 2-1 after flowing all over them and giving them a football lesson, and I feel better tonight than I did that night, so there we go. I'm not going to criticise, but I'd like us to aim for both. This 'diamond' (which frankly I'm not over the moon about) is 'it' now, until we lose. Too negative for me, but probably right for Wednesday.

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 19:21 - Feb 28 with 1909 viewsFieryJack

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 18:59 - Feb 28 by monmouth

40 points one game earlier than the 'laudrup super season' but. no. I'd be lying if I say I really enjoyed watching that. But...I did enjoy the result. Last time I was there, we lost 2-1 after flowing all over them and giving them a football lesson, and I feel better tonight than I did that night, so there we go. I'm not going to criticise, but I'd like us to aim for both. This 'diamond' (which frankly I'm not over the moon about) is 'it' now, until we lose. Too negative for me, but probably right for Wednesday.

Just back from the game/we sang all match/about 1200 of us there, a third of them seemingly drunk/pretty dire football but a good away day spoilt only by the jobsworth steward who searched me on the way in, found and confiscated a brand new Yale barrel lock (offensive weapon) that I purchased on the way up/could not find the idiot afterwards to reclaim it! Back to B&Q tomorrow.
The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 19:27 - Feb 28 with 1892 viewsmonmouth

The Official Burnley v Swansea City Matchday Thread! on 19:21 - Feb 28 by FieryJack

Just back from the game/we sang all match/about 1200 of us there, a third of them seemingly drunk/pretty dire football but a good away day spoilt only by the jobsworth steward who searched me on the way in, found and confiscated a brand new Yale barrel lock (offensive weapon) that I purchased on the way up/could not find the idiot afterwards to reclaim it! Back to B&Q tomorrow.

Good man, well done. A win is a win, and I've seen too many losses when we deserved more, so enjoy!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024