Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was it really just the other week 18:46 - Feb 28 with 2176 viewsdgt73

That some on here and other Swans forums were questioning Gary Monks position as manager.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Was it really just the other week on 21:12 - Feb 28 with 662 viewsStarsky

Was it really just the other week on 21:11 - Feb 28 by Darran

Is that the little brother of B&Q?

It's just the internet, init.

Was it really just the other week on 21:17 - Feb 28 with 653 viewsDarran

Was it really just the other week on 21:12 - Feb 28 by Starsky

He'll be down N&M Bargains next.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Was it really just the other week on 21:19 - Feb 28 with 648 viewsLeonisGod

Was it really just the other week on 19:34 - Feb 28 by PozuelosSideys

I can see why some would want to start blooding the younger players, but for me thats a mistake. If they were good enough, theyd have come through by now (not saying they arent up to it, just not ready).

We've had a couple of wins, and even though we arent exactly easy on the eye, they are wins nonetheless. If Monk really wants to stamp his mark, he needs to target wins from the Spurs and Scallies game and then really push for the top 6/7 and a monster points mark. Thatll pretty much shut everyone up.

Mixing up the squad and trying new things is not the way to go. It means performances will drop off and we wont pick up as many points as we can. None of us want to see the season tail off. Its still February and lots of points to play for.. we really need to go for it and make that next step imo.

Possibly disagree with this, depending on what you're defining as youth. Young fringe players like Fulton, Carroll (with a view to signing), Barrow have not let us down and some extra game time would be a good thing imo. And there must be some who've not had first team experience who are close. Stephen Kingsley is one I'm interested in. I've no idea how he's getting on after his injury but he had a cracking season with Falkirk last year and presumably would be hoping to break through soon. Gorre's doing nothing wrong and would be worth a look in a sub appearance or two. Grimes is one for the future by all accounts and could make an appearance by the end of the year.

I don't think we need to make wholesale changes to take a look at some of these guys. And if Fulton's performance at S'ton is anything to go by they won't let us down.
Was it really just the other week on 21:23 - Feb 28 with 637 viewsDarran

Was it really just the other week on 21:19 - Feb 28 by LeonisGod

Possibly disagree with this, depending on what you're defining as youth. Young fringe players like Fulton, Carroll (with a view to signing), Barrow have not let us down and some extra game time would be a good thing imo. And there must be some who've not had first team experience who are close. Stephen Kingsley is one I'm interested in. I've no idea how he's getting on after his injury but he had a cracking season with Falkirk last year and presumably would be hoping to break through soon. Gorre's doing nothing wrong and would be worth a look in a sub appearance or two. Grimes is one for the future by all accounts and could make an appearance by the end of the year.

I don't think we need to make wholesale changes to take a look at some of these guys. And if Fulton's performance at S'ton is anything to go by they won't let us down.

We should definitely give a couple of youngsters a bit of game time but it's far too early in the season IMO,I'd like to see Kenji on the bench come the middle of April.

Was it really just the other week on 21:35 - Feb 28 with 622 viewsDanielswan

I never questioned Monks position, I just like to see us play pretty football and still want us to ... I do acknowledge however that without a striker and two very out of form wingers a more defensive approach may be the only answer at the moment.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

Was it really just the other week on 21:40 - Feb 28 with 614 viewsmonmouth

Was it really just the other week on 19:36 - Feb 28 by raynor94

Exactly and the reversing sounds are deafening!

I wish you'd post more. Same goes for swanny and a few others.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Was it really just the other week on 22:58 - Feb 28 with 587 viewsBryncochInn

I haven't seen us a much as I'd have liked this season but I did watch today's game on a dodgy feed and unfortunatley, whilst pleased with the result, I was dismayed by the manner of which it was achiveved. Burnley were the better side and we were very fortunate with the manner of the winning goal.

On the evidence of today and some other recent games we've gone from being one of the best footballing sides in the league to longball cloggers who can hardly string a pass together. In some way I admire Monk's pragmatism and tactics to grind out results but where has our vibrant free flowing football gone, with wide players tearing full-backs apart? Football is a results business of course but I believe the way that's achieved does matter too. They way we used to play, and praise we received, used to fill me with immense pride. I'm not sure I feel that way about us now. I'm not anti-Monk, how can you be with our league position, but with us now safe I hope he now takes times to consider our style of play and how it can be improved. He has inherited the best personnel of any Swansea manager don't forget.

Other fans have noticed too, we used to be the darling of other fan's messageboards but no longer. O.k, it may not matter what the keyboard warriors think but we are being referred to as 'dire' and 'poor' by most teams now and the pundits will soon catch up. Our well deserved reputation is going to pot and that is hugely disapointing.
Was it really just the other week on 23:19 - Feb 28 with 567 viewsdgt73

Was it really just the other week on 22:58 - Feb 28 by BryncochInn

I haven't seen us a much as I'd have liked this season but I did watch today's game on a dodgy feed and unfortunatley, whilst pleased with the result, I was dismayed by the manner of which it was achiveved. Burnley were the better side and we were very fortunate with the manner of the winning goal.

On the evidence of today and some other recent games we've gone from being one of the best footballing sides in the league to longball cloggers who can hardly string a pass together. In some way I admire Monk's pragmatism and tactics to grind out results but where has our vibrant free flowing football gone, with wide players tearing full-backs apart? Football is a results business of course but I believe the way that's achieved does matter too. They way we used to play, and praise we received, used to fill me with immense pride. I'm not sure I feel that way about us now. I'm not anti-Monk, how can you be with our league position, but with us now safe I hope he now takes times to consider our style of play and how it can be improved. He has inherited the best personnel of any Swansea manager don't forget.

Other fans have noticed too, we used to be the darling of other fan's messageboards but no longer. O.k, it may not matter what the keyboard warriors think but we are being referred to as 'dire' and 'poor' by most teams now and the pundits will soon catch up. Our well deserved reputation is going to pot and that is hugely disapointing.

Lol

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Login to get fewer ads

Was it really just the other week on 23:26 - Feb 28 with 557 viewsDarran

Was it really just the other week on 23:19 - Feb 28 by dgt73

Lol

To a googol.

Was it really just the other week on 23:51 - Feb 28 with 542 viewsPozuelosSideys

Was it really just the other week on 21:19 - Feb 28 by LeonisGod

I have plenty of moans and grons about Monk. Tactics, style, subs etc etc.. but to be fair, hes never been shy about bringing through the younger players and putting them on the bench, Hes doing a good job with them.

But its still only February. There are 27 points still left up there to be had and we can make a real dent in it. If theyre good enough, they should be in the squad on match day on merit, not just thrown in at the end of the season because 'we can and we're safe'. I dont buy that - its saying that those games arent valued as much as the previous ones. Its about maintaining standards - although plenty disagree im sure.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024