Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's depressing listening to the news. 22:22 - Mar 3 with 4539 viewslifelong

Lately.

That poor girl from Bristol... Horrific.
It's depressing listening to the news. on 22:26 - Mar 3 with 3477 viewsazjack

Then choose not to...............
It's depressing listening to the news. on 23:11 - Mar 3 with 3414 viewsjackb

Odd reply above, callous and cold.

Just realise that such tragic cases make the news because they are so rare
It's depressing listening to the news. on 23:23 - Mar 3 with 3394 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed.
Hard to avoid news unless your e a knob with trousers round ankles or playing games.

Sadly not that unusual and we Ve become immune to the disgust and inhumanity around.

Yeah, in real life people take a saw or an axe to a human being and chop away, then try to secrete the body parts. They actually think it works too.

This will kill the family

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

It's depressing listening to the news. on 00:14 - Mar 4 with 3366 viewsazjack

It's depressing listening to the news. on 23:11 - Mar 3 by jackb

Odd reply above, callous and cold.

Just realise that such tragic cases make the news because they are so rare

It's neither, its what you might call a logical response.

If you don't like what you're watching/eating/singing/playing/ praying/thinking/supporting/fill in the blank ....then stop doing it. Who is forcing you to watch the news? What do you expect to see - rollerskating nuns handing out ice-cream, Merkel and Putin playing blind man's buff?

I was taken to task on another forum about the poor man that got burnt alive in a cage. I questioned why someone would choose to exercise their morbid sense of curiosity perhaps and watch the whole gory scene. The response - from a highly intelligent person in my opinion - was that you have to know what's going on in the world. No thank you.

Its impossible not to know what's going on unless you live in a cave but I don't actively seek out the news because I've found that its usually upsetting.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2015 0:15]
It's depressing listening to the news. on 09:44 - Mar 4 with 3298 viewsMrSwansea

It's depressing listening to the news. on 00:14 - Mar 4 by azjack

If you don't like what you're watching/eating/singing/playing/ praying/thinking/supporting/fill in the blank ....then stop doing it. Who is forcing you to watch the news? What do you expect to see - rollerskating nuns handing out ice-cream, Merkel and Putin playing blind man's buff?

I was taken to task on another forum about the poor man that got burnt alive in a cage. I questioned why someone would choose to exercise their morbid sense of curiosity perhaps and watch the whole gory scene. The response - from a highly intelligent person in my opinion - was that you have to know what's going on in the world. No thank you.

Its impossible not to know what's going on unless you live in a cave but I don't actively seek out the news because I've found that its usually upsetting.

Each to their own. If somebody finds the news upsetting, I see little reason in turning it off especially if you are interested in what goes on in the world. Other people (like you) would rather not be upset by the scenes and turn the box off.

Each to their own.

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

It's depressing listening to the news. on 09:46 - Mar 4 with 3293 viewsperchrockjack

News is what WE do.

In this case truly appalling things.

Its best to be aware.

Its easier to ignore reality tv shows which ARE depressing

It's depressing listening to the news. on 09:47 - Mar 4 with 3293 viewsdickythorpe

It's quite a shit world out there folks, but seems even shitter lately.
It's depressing listening to the news. on 09:50 - Mar 4 with 3286 viewsperchrockjack

Its because we re more aware dicky.

Hard to avoid the evil around but Man has always been so and probably worse in the Old Testament days

Login to get fewer ads

It's depressing listening to the news. on 10:00 - Mar 4 with 3276 viewsItchySphincter

It's depressing listening to the news. on 00:14 - Mar 4 by azjack

If you ignore it it goes away see.

Lifey is 100% correct. It's an observational post. Even the losers on here should be able to see that.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

It's depressing listening to the news. on 11:27 - Mar 4 with 3244 viewsepaul

The depths of depravity some so called humans will stoop tois beyond belief, but there are good people out there we just havr to believe, the poor young girl a whole life ahead of her, horrific
RIP young angel

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

It's depressing listening to the news. on 11:54 - Mar 4 with 3215 viewsLeonisGod

It's depressing listening to the news. on 09:46 - Mar 4 by perchrockjack

News is what WE do.

In this case truly appalling things.

Its best to be aware.

Its easier to ignore reality tv shows which ARE depressing

But news is high filtered aimed solely at shocking to attract audiences. Most of it is just fluff and distraction, and our time could be better spent doing something else.

Tragic case with this girl in Bristol mind. Can't imagine how the family can even get close to dealing with that. And I certainly don't want to think about what she went through.
It's depressing listening to the news. on 11:56 - Mar 4 with 3211 viewsDarran

It's depressing listening to the news. on 11:27 - Mar 4 by epaul

The depths of depravity some so called humans will stoop tois beyond belief, but there are good people out there we just havr to believe, the poor young girl a whole life ahead of her, horrific
RIP young angel

Beautifully put Paul.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

It's depressing listening to the news. on 12:07 - Mar 4 with 3205 viewsLeonisGod

It's depressing listening to the news. on 11:56 - Mar 4 by Darran

Beautifully put Paul.

Indeed.
It's depressing listening to the news. on 16:29 - Mar 4 with 3123 viewslondonlisa2001

I see that her brother (step brother) has now been charged with her horrific murder.

The pain for her family is unimaginable - her step mother who is the mother of the animal that is now accused, must be in a living hell from which she will surely never emerge.

Please God that the young girl didn't know anything about it and didn't suffer.

Utterly horrifying in every possible way. And no less horrifying the actions of the brother's partner who has apparently been leading social media campaigns for information, and has now been charged herself for perverting the course of justice. It is beyond comprehension.
It's depressing listening to the news. on 01:20 - Mar 5 with 3036 viewsBobJack

It's depressing listening to the news. on 11:56 - Mar 4 by Darran

Beautifully put Paul.

From someone who wished cancer on many last week.

It is a sick joke too far.

We can all see through it. FALSE.

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

It's depressing listening to the news. on 06:35 - Mar 5 with 2999 viewsepaul

It's depressing listening to the news. on 01:20 - Mar 5 by BobJack

From someone who wished cancer on many last week.

It is a sick joke too far.

We can all see through it. FALSE.

Daz apologised for what he said and fair play to him for that, however you just cant resist having a snidey go at him, on a thread where a young girl has been brutally murdered, show respect for the poor young girl, you couldnt stoop any lower could you

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

It's depressing listening to the news. on 07:47 - Mar 5 with 2980 viewsItchySphincter

It's depressing listening to the news. on 06:35 - Mar 5 by epaul

Daz apologised for what he said and fair play to him for that, however you just cant resist having a snidey go at him, on a thread where a young girl has been brutally murdered, show respect for the poor young girl, you couldnt stoop any lower could you

Fair play Paul, I was going to point out the same thing but I thought I'd give myself a few hours without one of the deadbeat losers chasing me around. What Darran said he apologised for so it's very small of people who weren't even a target of said post to keep banging on about it. Bullying it is.

It's depressing listening to the news. on 09:10 - Mar 5 with 2948 viewsperchrockjack

Man makes mistake and apologises.

Another uses this as ammo for God knows what.

Yeah ,sick stuff

It's depressing listening to the news. on 10:43 - Mar 5 with 2933 viewsLeonisGod

It's depressing listening to the news. on 11:27 - Mar 4 by epaul

RIP young angel

Could equally apply to the other sad case in the news of the pair (including her mother) who terrorised and killed the 8 year old because she was a 'witch'. What that kid went through doesn't bear thinking about. Seeing she kept a diary listing her good and bad habits.... I can't bring myself to read about it all. How the feck do people like this get off murder, and 'only' get manslaughter?
It's depressing listening to the news. on 00:08 - Mar 6 with 2856 viewsBobJack

It's depressing listening to the news. on 06:35 - Mar 5 by epaul

I could stoop lower by wishing cancer and death on someone which i have never done.

The blind allegiance you, Perch and Itchy have to Darr is laughable.

It is like saying , if the step brother apologizes for killing and chopping up his step sister, then apologizes for it.

I come along and criticize him for his actions, you three would all have a pop at me and not the butcher because he said 'sorry'.

Surely the person who started the act is more out of order then anyone criticizing.

Not one of you posted criticism of Darr for wishing cancer and death on someone, yet all jump on band wagon when I have criticized those words.

Judge the post, not poster name. Easy. You won't look so daft either.

It's depressing listening to the news. on 07:29 - Mar 6 with 2816 viewsepaul

It's depressing listening to the news. on 00:08 - Mar 6 by BobJack

I could stoop lower by wishing cancer and death on someone which i have never done.

It is like saying , if the step brother apologizes for killing and chopping up his step sister, then apologizes for it.

I come along and criticize him for his actions, you three would all have a pop at me and not the butcher because he said 'sorry'.

Surely the person who started the act is more out of order then anyone criticizing.

Not one of you posted criticism of Darr for wishing cancer and death on someone, yet all jump on band wagon when I have criticized those words.

I dont know who you are, so im certainly judging the post and not the poster, you are a bit of a hypocrit though as i can clearly remember you having a dig at me previously, not that it bothers me internet board and all that.
Th e only blind allegiance is to myself and my family, I diont get involved in petty arguing on here, you couldnt resist a dig on a thread where a young child has been brutally been murdered, show some respect.
If your that hacked off with daz start your own thread proclaiming that.

this is my last response to you on this matter, I've got a life beyond this keyboard, perhaps you should get one and drop the bitterness

It's depressing listening to the news. on 08:06 - Mar 6 with 2803 viewsItchySphincter

It's depressing listening to the news. on 00:08 - Mar 6 by BobJack

Yeah, cos chopping up your step sister is the same as making a flippant if somewhat distasteful comment on a football message board. Think about what you're saying. The brighter types here sometimes make me look at my opinion even though I rarely agree with them, your kind just reinforce it.

It's depressing listening to the news. on 09:32 - Mar 6 with 2771 viewsperchrockjack

Blind allegiance now.

Now then now then now then.

I hope you re not one of those chaps who comes up with those "look at the irony posts".

you re pretty much fecked as regards this topic.

You ve used a horrendous crime to continue your groups relentless campaign against Prosser, Jackfath and anyone else who you cant get to grips with.

Sadly. for you, internet reputation is more important than anything . Its why we see classics like, "excellent" or worse, "Important" poster.

Important? my arse. GET A LIFE AND GET ONE QUICK as its passing us all by very quicky and put me on ignore ffs and save yourself a few precious minutes.

Adrian

It's depressing listening to the news. on 00:16 - Mar 7 with 2710 viewsBobJack

It's depressing listening to the news. on 09:32 - Mar 6 by perchrockjack

Blind allegiance now.

Now then now then now then.

I hope you re not one of those chaps who comes up with those "look at the irony posts".

you re pretty much fecked as regards this topic.

You ve used a horrendous crime to continue your groups relentless campaign against Prosser, Jackfath and anyone else who you cant get to grips with.

Sadly. for you, internet reputation is more important than anything . Its why we see classics like, "excellent" or worse, "Important" poster.

Important? my arse. GET A LIFE AND GET ONE QUICK as its passing us all by very quicky and put me on ignore ffs and save yourself a few precious minutes.

Adrian

This has got to win funniest post of the year so far.

From the sick Jimmy Saville impressions, who else apart from Jimmy Saville and Perch uses the term ' Now then, now then , now then'. Take the posters off the wall Perch.

Where have I ever proclaimed to be an 'excellent' poster' , or an ' important' poster ??

Answer the above to show you are not nuts please....

What makes the whole episode funnier is that E Paul, Itchy and Perch all have a pop at me in that order, within a few hours, even though I had made no mention of them at all in my post.

Then 24 hours later, almost to the hour, the same 3 posters, in the same order have a pop at me.

Yep someone needs a rest from keyboard and a bit obsessed, it is not me. you 3 started and I had never mentioned you , weird.

As for Darr, I can show posts last few days where he has called me a tw@t, a drunk etc, but you all failed to complain about that. You are all making yourselves look foolish, if not worse.

Tomorrow are we to see E Paul, Itchyknob and Perch , in that order replying?

Hilarious, one of the reasons I love this site. Hypocrites. Poster not post . All been found out. Keep up.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 0:22]

It's depressing listening to the news. on 00:26 - Mar 7 with 2700 viewsHumpty

It's depressing listening to the news. on 00:16 - Mar 7 by BobJack

This has got to win funniest post of the year so far.

From the sick Jimmy Saville impressions, who else apart from Jimmy Saville and Perch uses the term ' Now then, now then , now then'. Take the posters off the wall Perch.

Where have I ever proclaimed to be an 'excellent' poster' , or an ' important' poster ??

Answer the above to show you are not nuts please....

What makes the whole episode funnier is that E Paul, Itchy and Perch all have a pop at me in that order, within a few hours, even though I had made no mention of them at all in my post.

Then 24 hours later, almost to the hour, the same 3 posters, in the same order have a pop at me.

Yep someone needs a rest from keyboard and a bit obsessed, it is not me. you 3 started and I had never mentioned you , weird.

As for Darr, I can show posts last few days where he has called me a tw@t, a drunk etc, but you all failed to complain about that. You are all making yourselves look foolish, if not worse.

Tomorrow are we to see E Paul, Itchyknob and Perch , in that order replying?

Hilarious, one of the reasons I love this site. Hypocrites. Poster not post . All been found out. Keep up.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 0:22]

Some threads shouldn't be used for football messageboard squabbling. This is one of them.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 0:35]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024