Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should we legalise cannabis? 23:43 - Mar 3 with 8475 viewsLord_Bony

Anyone see the show with Jon Snow on the effects of cannabis.guests included Jenny Bond on the stuff and Richard Branson calling for legalisation.

There seems to be a huge difference between hash and skunk...the latter being far more potent and dangerous.

Personally, I'd be for controlled legalisation of the milder stuff...the programme recommends inhaling with a vaporiser and avoiding tobacco. The number one killer drug on the planet remains...alchohol.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/drugs-live-jon-snow-jennie-bond-and-the

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Should we legalise cannabis? on 19:02 - Mar 5 with 1193 viewsMount_Etna

Should we legalise cannabis? on 19:00 - Mar 5 by Badgeman

They would deal in mars bars if you made them illegal.

Certainly. Anything people aren't legally allowed to have then there will be a trade for them, the only way to take that illegal trade away is to make it legal.

The artist formerly known as Parlay, ParlayTheGreat, TheGreatParlay, SirParlayTheGreat. forum celebrity.

Should we legalise cannabis? on 19:52 - Mar 5 with 1168 viewsVetchitBack

Should we legalise cannabis? on 13:47 - Mar 4 by acejack3065

Why should a plant that has killed zero people be illegal? It's completely arbitrary if it's illegal because of health concerns as alcohol and tobacco are perfectly accessible.The best thing to do would be to tax and regulate it. When Colorado legalised it they designated all of the tax revenue towards building and renovating new schools. That is money that's taken out of the drug dealers and the underground economy and put to use for a good purpose.

It being a gateway drug is a complete fallacy as alcohol isn't considered a gateway drug. There is nothing that exists in the drug that creates the impulse for the user to seek a stronger high. It is only a gateway drug in the sense that the dealers will push harder drugs to their customers. If it's legalised that problem is completely irradiated as well because you would be buying from a licenced establishment.

Weed may be stronger now than what it was in the 60s and 70s but that's because the growing and selling of the drug isn't regulated. Purchasing drugs in this country is akin to ordering a pint of lager in a bar and receiving anything from a Skol shandy to a pint of special brew with the possibilty of receiving anything in between.

Medical studies have shown that weed has several medical purposes. It's been used by MS sufferers, anorexia patients and even has the potential to prohibit the growth of cancer cells in patients. Of course it should not be us by youngsters or people with mental health issues but that is also not exclusive to cannabis.

There is nothing to suggest that crime or usage would rise if legalised. Holland has a tolerant system and drug usage of the hard and soft variety is considerably less than what it is in this country.

Lastly, the system of prohibition has been a costly disaster. As Bill Hicks once said, we are losing the war on drugs. We are losing to people who are using drugs so I guess that makes us complete f**king idiots.

"Why should a plant that has killed zero people be illegal?"

Did you get that from a Human Traffic?

For someone who I consider to be one of the best and most insightful football posters on here you don't half sound like a clichéd mouthpiece for the cultural establishment when it comes to anything vaguely political even mentioning Bill Hicks at the end!

Recent studies (can't do paste on an iPad) have shown the damage it does to young minds. Making it legal therefore socially acceptable will worsen this. The reason youngsters do it is because society tacitly sends out the message that it's soft.

And trust me that there'll be more studies about its connection to serious mental health issues in the next couple of years.

But my evidence about cannabis is lengthy and anecdotal and that doesn't mean much to some.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Should we legalise cannabis? on 19:55 - Mar 5 with 1170 viewsPozuelosSideys

Swings and roundabouts.

Some of the skunk about these days is too strong. A one skinner and youre mangled. That sort of stuff cant be good for you and it doesnt feel good for you. (not that smoking anything at all is good for you). I can entirely believe it will cause mental issues to a number of people down the track.

Oh for the days of a nice bit of sweet smelling squidgey!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Should we legalise cannabis? on 19:57 - Mar 5 with 1168 viewsMillJack

Should we legalise cannabis? on 19:52 - Mar 5 by VetchitBack

"Why should a plant that has killed zero people be illegal?"

Did you get that from a Human Traffic?

For someone who I consider to be one of the best and most insightful football posters on here you don't half sound like a clichéd mouthpiece for the cultural establishment when it comes to anything vaguely political even mentioning Bill Hicks at the end!

Recent studies (can't do paste on an iPad) have shown the damage it does to young minds. Making it legal therefore socially acceptable will worsen this. The reason youngsters do it is because society tacitly sends out the message that it's soft.

And trust me that there'll be more studies about its connection to serious mental health issues in the next couple of years.

But my evidence about cannabis is lengthy and anecdotal and that doesn't mean much to some.

You're confusing skunk with hash, the fact it has been linked to health issues has been mentioned one or two times already on this thread.

That said, there is also a huge amount of evidence to prove that alcohol, nicotine and even sugar are the cause of many other serious illnesses. Again, people either seen unable or unwilling to address this when discussing the subject of drugs.
Should we legalise cannabis? on 20:07 - Mar 5 with 1164 viewsMillJack

Should we legalise cannabis? on 18:10 - Mar 5 by perchrockjack

Can understands Russy as he never fails to hammer old bill or anything remotely associated with it or anything scouse. We ve been at it for many years with no sign of abating and we ve not seen each other in the flesh either, sad I know but there we have it.

, quite what the feck are you crowd on about regarding my preaching. Yours are just that as you are utterly unable to see the other side.

Few posts made without a little abuse and sorry but someone has yet to put forward a case that cannabis smoking will make our society better.

Anyone believing that drug dealers will somehow go out of business if it were made legal is simply off his head. REALLY, so its legal and the druggies friends will then sign on ,go on a course of some description and take up a legal job.? FANTASY.

so its made legal and no need for illicit suppliers? Wrong again.

Alcohol a killer is true but please its no defence for the legalising of another drug.

Finally, just why cannot you post in a tidy fashion on this subject. Mine have been without any personaly crap but look at yours.

Drugs don't work, makes it worse

"quite what the feck are you crowd on about regarding my preaching. Yours are just that as you are utterly unable to see the other side."

Quite possibly the most ironic statement I've witnessed in the many years of using this message board when considering the individual who posted it. Truly staggering.

Many people have pointed out on this thread the social benefits of legalising marijuana but, on the off chance that you've simply ignored them, please take a look at the article here - http://thespiritscience.net/2014/06/07/colorado-sells-34-million-in-weed-in-augu

Actually read it Perch, it conveys things far succinctly than I possibly could.

You're right on one thing though, legalising it wouldn't entirely get rid of illicit dealing BUT it would take the control of what does and doesn't go into the product away from the criminal underworld and, with correct legislation, ensure that people are correctly educated on the dangers of use and what is/isn't safe dosage. Contrary to your belief, it would mean significantly less deaths through drug use. Tax money can be ploughed into treatment of addicts rather than criminalising them, as well as being pushed towards schools, health service, etc. where we are woefully short at this moment.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2015 20:30]
Should we legalise cannabis? on 20:14 - Mar 5 with 1157 viewsSwanjack10

Well fu c k it,im on smack,crack,steriods,coke and a few pints of kestrel,this is one neverending debate.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

Should we legalise cannabis? on 20:15 - Mar 5 with 1157 viewslifelong

Should we legalise cannabis? on 18:24 - Mar 5 by SirParIayTheGreat

Do you see many alcohol dealer gangs then? Cigarette dealer gangs? No.

Of course there would be no drug dealers if drugs were legal.

I read somewhere recently that 30% of the cigarettes smoked in this country are smuggled in illegally by cigarette dealer gangs.
Should we legalise cannabis? on 20:18 - Mar 5 with 1153 viewsPozuelosSideys

Should we legalise cannabis? on 20:15 - Mar 5 by lifelong

I read somewhere recently that 30% of the cigarettes smoked in this country are smuggled in illegally by cigarette dealer gangs.

Thats because fags are priced and taxed so highly that you can fit a black market underneath through imports.

Exactly the same would happen if you leagalised and taxed cannabis, but priced it too high. Market forces ensue.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

Login to get fewer ads

Should we legalise cannabis? on 20:24 - Mar 5 with 1147 viewslifelong

Should we legalise cannabis? on 20:18 - Mar 5 by PozuelosSideys

Thats because fags are priced and taxed so highly that you can fit a black market underneath through imports.

Exactly the same would happen if you leagalised and taxed cannabis, but priced it too high. Market forces ensue.

Yes, but to say there would be no drug dealers is drugs were made legal is simply incorrect.
Should we legalise cannabis? on 21:04 - Mar 5 with 1121 viewsPozuelosSideys

Should we legalise cannabis? on 20:24 - Mar 5 by lifelong

Yes, but to say there would be no drug dealers is drugs were made legal is simply incorrect.

Yep, definitely. Would be a lot less though

Should we legalise cannabis? on 21:26 - Mar 5 with 1113 viewsskippyjack

Only if you're well educated, 25+, fit and healthy.. If you're depressed, a thickie stay away from it.. Just like fags and alcohol.. Depressed, 'uneducated' and ignorant people should stay away from these substances until they 'understand'..

Moderation
Moderate exercise
Balanced diet
Read books
Moderate computer use
Moderate smoking
Moderate alcohol intake
1 take away a week
Balanced work hours
Moderate sleep
I'd advise two joints a week
1 gram of cocaine a month
1 dose of heroin a year
Sex once a month

Your stress levels will be down.. Competence levels to it's maximum.. It's all so simple.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Should we legalise cannabis? on 22:57 - Mar 5 with 1081 viewsLord_Bony

Should we legalise cannabis? on 21:26 - Mar 5 by skippyjack

Only if you're well educated, 25+, fit and healthy.. If you're depressed, a thickie stay away from it.. Just like fags and alcohol.. Depressed, 'uneducated' and ignorant people should stay away from these substances until they 'understand'..

Moderation
Moderate exercise
Balanced diet
Read books
Moderate computer use
Moderate smoking
Moderate alcohol intake
1 take away a week
Balanced work hours
Moderate sleep
I'd advise two joints a week
1 dose of heroin a year
Sex once a month

Your stress levels will be down.. Competence levels to it's maximum.. It's all so simple.

"2 joints a week
1 dose of heroin a year
Sex once a month

Your stress levels will be down.. Competence levels to it's maximum.. It's all so simple."says skips

Interesting Don't know about the last one though

Btw people are still confusing on here the difference between soft hash and hard skunk cannabis...worlds apart.the latter should NOT BE LEGALISED.

Mr Perch in the car very nobody is gonna knock up a spliff while you eat your roast.the modern method is to inhale cannabis mixed with various vapours in a glass tube through a vaporiser,just like puffing on an e cig,no fumes and delicious tasting...someone give me a puff of this in a bar in Cardiff recently and it s very clean,discreet and quite pleasurable with a drink....no odours either.so it can be legalised in a nice way...why not?
[Post edited 5 Mar 2015 22:59]

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Should we legalise cannabis? on 23:25 - Mar 5 with 1056 viewsperchrockjack

My lord.

Some pretty vibrant posts on this subject which is obviously close to the hearts of many on here.

i repeat nobody has or can make a case out for cannabis and how it can benefit the great British public.

People who smoke it just want to feel justified.

We Ve a huge problem with substance abuse in this country ..all of them...quite why we want to make it legal to make it more honourable is beyond me as is the vitriolic replies on here. No need really..
maybe

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Should we legalise cannabis? on 23:29 - Mar 5 with 1055 viewsSirParlayMBE

Should we legalise cannabis? on 23:25 - Mar 5 by perchrockjack

My lord.

Some pretty vibrant posts on this subject which is obviously close to the hearts of many on here.

i repeat nobody has or can make a case out for cannabis and how it can benefit the great British public.

We Ve a huge problem with substance abuse in this country ..all of them...quite why we want to make it legal to make it more honourable is beyond me as is the vitriolic replies on here. No need really..
maybe

its nothing about being more honourable.

the fact it is illegal doesn't stop its use. the fact its illegal just causes its own problems. the legalisation of it would stop the dealers and criminal side of drugs, make the actual drug safer and allow an environment where education can be given out with the drug in a controlled environment.

why anybody would support the continued illegal drug trade and keep an impoverished underclass is beyond me.
Should we legalise cannabis? on 23:35 - Mar 5 with 1045 viewsperchrockjack

not sure you can be a knight and be.

Anyway, a decent post one with which I disagree with.

Edith Piaf was my mother

Should we legalise cannabis? on 06:43 - Mar 6 with 1020 viewscockneyswan

Should we legalise cannabis? on 23:25 - Mar 5 by perchrockjack

My lord.

maybe

I've read all 4 pages of this, no doubt for me legalise, control, and Tax all drugs. Put the dealers out of business, Old bill wont like it (less crime = less overtime).
I think you've definitely lost this argument Perch.
Should we legalise cannabis? on 09:19 - Mar 6 with 986 viewsperchrockjack

With respect cock, didnt know this was a contest or who decides who wins or loses.

Frankly, the losers are those who take to drugs to supplement their lives, those who need them to give them a high.

You ll find most of the general public might disagree .

Depends whom you ask..

Anyway, thanks for a decent reply..

Have to concluded by reiterating that those who believe legalisation will somehow drive criminals away is pitiful.

What it would lead to is more beaurocracy

Should we legalise cannabis? on 11:22 - Mar 6 with 968 viewsMillJack

Should we legalise cannabis? on 09:19 - Mar 6 by perchrockjack

With respect cock, didnt know this was a contest or who decides who wins or loses.

Frankly, the losers are those who take to drugs to supplement their lives, those who need them to give them a high.

Depends whom you ask..

Have to concluded by reiterating that those who believe legalisation will somehow drive criminals away is pitiful.

"Frankly, the losers are those who take to drugs to supplement their lives, those who need them to give them a high."

Says the gentleman who regularly posts reviews of alcoholic drinks. You couldn't make it up could you?

Perch, you asked for evidence of how decriminalisation of marijuana could improve society, it's been provided in spades. Your assertion that people driving under the influence of drugs costs lives whilst correct has also been proven to be a non-argument in this case.

Just for the record as well, as you seem to have pinned me down as a drug user, I've never smoked cannabis and have no interest in doing so. However, I am able to look past my own needs and desires and see that the current system simply doesn't work.

My home was burgled a few years back. How much time did the police spend looking for the people who broke into my house and stole my kids computer equipment? The square root of f*ck all, it takes up too much of their time see. Arresting someone for possession of marijuana is easy and looks good on their stats, not much help to me though.
Should we legalise cannabis? on 11:37 - Mar 6 with 961 viewsLord_Bony

Same here I've smoked about two joints in the last twenty years did nt like it....

But after watching that programme and having a puff on thee cig vaporiser recently I think I should give it another go.this time cutting out the tobaccos,it costs about £20 for a bit of hash mixed with various flavours like cinnamon,coffee,hazelnut etc. this is the way the doctors on the programme reckon is the correct way to do it and I have to agree with them.

This time I'm determined to make it work as I like the idea of it so I'm going to do it soon if that's ok mr. Perch.its my right.

Should we legalise cannabis? on 11:40 - Mar 6 with 960 viewsNookiejack

What a great thread with key issues about legalisation of drugs being thoroughly debated - unlike our career politicians will ever do. Planet Swans puts these career politicians to shame - it really does.

Many may have a go at Perchie and others on opposite side of the argument to him - but at least they both stimulate the debate - as you don't want just one sided views on issues like this.
Should we legalise cannabis? on 12:39 - Mar 6 with 937 viewsTom1912

I'm all for it, although there's definitely an issue of potency these days.

It does see to be working well in America anyway. I acknowledge it's too soon to analyse the longer term effects though.
Should we legalise cannabis? on 13:52 - Mar 6 with 921 viewscockneyswan

Should we legalise cannabis? on 09:19 - Mar 6 by perchrockjack

Depends whom you ask..

With respect Perch, I never suggested legalising drugs would stop all criminality, I'm not that delusional. However by controlling the drug trade in the UK the huge resources used for prohibition. You have to question some people's motives for maintaining drugs criminality. That's all.
Should we legalise cannabis? on 14:29 - Mar 6 with 912 viewsskippyjack

Should we legalise cannabis? on 13:52 - Mar 6 by cockneyswan

With respect Perch, I never suggested legalising drugs would stop all criminality, I'm not that delusional. However by controlling the drug trade in the UK the huge resources used for prohibition. You have to question some people's motives for maintaining drugs criminality. That's all.

You are aware that govt officials are personally gaining from this wide open 'drug market'.. You are aware of this?.. You are aware the govt 'allow' certain 'amounts' of illegal drugs on our shores.. You are aware the reason immigration is up because of 'prostitution rings' 'drug markets' 'oil markets' 'illegal weaponry' 'causing wars'.. Immigrants are here because of our muppets killing innocents.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Should we legalise cannabis? on 14:58 - Mar 6 with 903 viewscockneyswan

Should we legalise cannabis? on 14:29 - Mar 6 by skippyjack

You are aware that govt officials are personally gaining from this wide open 'drug market'.. You are aware of this?.. You are aware the govt 'allow' certain 'amounts' of illegal drugs on our shores.. You are aware the reason immigration is up because of 'prostitution rings' 'drug markets' 'oil markets' 'illegal weaponry' 'causing wars'.. Immigrants are here because of our muppets killing innocents.

I'm not sure about all of that skip, but it wouldn't surprise me. It's very interesting reading about the paedophiles in Whitehall in maggies era and the cover ups. We are just pawns in the game.
Should we legalise cannabis? on 15:52 - Mar 6 with 879 viewsskippyjack

Should we legalise cannabis? on 14:58 - Mar 6 by cockneyswan

I'm not sure about all of that skip, but it wouldn't surprise me. It's very interesting reading about the paedophiles in Whitehall in maggies era and the cover ups. We are just pawns in the game.

Some are pawns.. Some are targets.. I'm a target.. Don't know why I'm a target.. Not sure what I've done..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024