Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date 01:05 - Mar 4 with 5598 viewsBobJack

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 4 Mar 2015 14:31]

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 16:50 - Mar 4 with 1651 viewsProfessor

I've gone for Frankie. Simply as he did a good job with very little. Decent and well respected man. Probably kept us alive through much of the 1990s
FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 16:56 - Mar 4 with 1641 viewspencoedjack

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 16:50 - Mar 4 by Professor

I've gone for Frankie. Simply as he did a good job with very little. Decent and well respected man. Probably kept us alive through much of the 1990s

Laudrup for me .... best football I have seen watching Swans was at the start of his era, followed by a major trophy & Europe.

Frankie was probably my favourite time.

Cant stand Rogers or Martinez still think they owe us far more than we owe them.

Hope I am voting for Garry Monk in 12 to 18 months time.
FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 17:06 - Mar 4 with 1635 viewsProfessor

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 16:56 - Mar 4 by pencoedjack

Laudrup for me .... best football I have seen watching Swans was at the start of his era, followed by a major trophy & Europe.

Frankie was probably my favourite time.

Cant stand Rogers or Martinez still think they owe us far more than we owe them.

Hope I am voting for Garry Monk in 12 to 18 months time.

I hope so too
FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 07:02 - Mar 5 with 1584 viewsSwaneeRiver

It was mentioned about Sousa giving us a solid defence etc.
The poll is for favourite managers. Hollins won us a Championship and Sousa stiffened us up and almost made the play offs.
Still don't rate either of them as favourite managers
Shows how few remember the contribution Harry Griiffiths made when only 2% have voted for him
FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 10:33 - Mar 5 with 1559 viewsdailew

I wonder who Sprouty voted for.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 10:44 - Mar 5 with 1547 viewshammerhead

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 10:33 - Mar 5 by dailew

The man who arguably gave us our most successful season ever

As it says on the official website

Actually I would have considered others if the poll was not so ridiculously rigged. Probably not actually wanted to vote as we have had many excellent and important managers

Must be a comfort to Garry winning a poll on a "fans" website where any detractors are banned

Enjoy your shallow victory

BTW dailew did you not relish in our
first top ten PL finish
some of the most exquisite football, like that perfect half against West Brom.
That best ever start to a PL season with that win against QPR
That great run in Europe including that fantastic night at Valencia when all the Directors were beisides themselves with pride and delight
Beating ManU at OT for the first time ever
Beating Liverpool and Chelsea home and away without them managing a single goal to win the first major cup in our 100 years history etc. etc.

Or do you really just prefer vanilla
[Post edited 5 Mar 2015 10:56]
FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 11:01 - Mar 5 with 1539 viewsItchySphincter

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 15:10 - Mar 4 by icecoldjack

Difficult choice , suprised none of the following made the list

Lol

John bond
Kevin cullis
Micky adams
Nick cusack
Colin addison
Bobby smith

In all seriousness. I think its impossible for me to name my favourite manager
I loved what sousa broight in our hour of need, so,ewhat airbrushed out of our recent history for some reason.
Laudrup brought the most sensational football ive ever seen us play before it tailed off for various reasoms.
Rodgers was a master politician / bullshter. But a great coach who had a good balance and understanding of the team and p,ayers.
Martinez did some great things but is slightly flawed, cant fault the way he set about changing us.
Kenny jacket, mostly boring but brought good work ethic and the professionalism needed.
Flynn had a good eye for a player.

I guess they all added something didnt they?

Burrows ,hollins,molby and cork all brought fond memories.

For sheer global appeal and a product that put us on the front cover of the top spanish football papers alongside barca and madrid it has to be laudrup for me.

For a small ti,e it felt the swans were a massive club with unlimited possibilities and the playing style and image made us the envy of a hell of a lot of teams.

Anywhere you went in spain or europe with a swans top on people would stop to talk aboit the footy, we were treated almost like royalty by our danish friends in copenhagen and it was maybe things like that that taint me to thinking laudrups swans were the most enjoyable in and outside of football

Addison did alright and Rodger's football pissed all over Laudrup's besides one or two performances.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 11:12 - Mar 5 with 1533 viewsItchySphincter

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 07:02 - Mar 5 by SwaneeRiver

It was mentioned about Sousa giving us a solid defence etc.
The poll is for favourite managers. Hollins won us a Championship and Sousa stiffened us up and almost made the play offs.
Still don't rate either of them as favourite managers
Shows how few remember the contribution Harry Griiffiths made when only 2% have voted for him

Many don't remember because they weren't born then old timer.

Login to get fewer ads

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 11:13 - Mar 5 with 1532 viewsItchySphincter

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 10:33 - Mar 5 by dailew

Monk I reckon.

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 11:24 - Mar 5 with 1524 viewsItchySphincter

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 10:44 - Mar 5 by hammerhead

The man who arguably gave us our most successful season ever

As it says on the official website

Actually I would have considered others if the poll was not so ridiculously rigged. Probably not actually wanted to vote as we have had many excellent and important managers

Must be a comfort to Garry winning a poll on a "fans" website where any detractors are banned

Enjoy your shallow victory

BTW dailew did you not relish in our
first top ten PL finish
some of the most exquisite football, like that perfect half against West Brom.
That best ever start to a PL season with that win against QPR
That great run in Europe including that fantastic night at Valencia when all the Directors were beisides themselves with pride and delight
Beating ManU at OT for the first time ever
Beating Liverpool and Chelsea home and away without them managing a single goal to win the first major cup in our 100 years history etc. etc.

Or do you really just prefer vanilla
[Post edited 5 Mar 2015 10:56]

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 14:43 - Mar 5 with 1481 viewsicecoldjack

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 11:01 - Mar 5 by ItchySphincter

Addison did alright and Rodger's football pissed all over Laudrup's besides one or two performances.

I disagree.
FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 17:09 - Mar 5 with 1453 viewslibertine

johnny toshacks black and white army

classic time just before all the evil money got involved
FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 17:52 - Mar 5 with 1443 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 11:01 - Mar 5 by ItchySphincter

You are Darran Prosser and I claim my 5 pounds.

Are you serious or just winding up Spratty?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 18:03 - Mar 5 with 1438 viewsmarchamjack

Always liked Frankie Burrows back in the day for the job he did with that team, with the limited resources he had and the style of play. We were a Colin West away from getting into the Championship which would have put him right up there.

Roberto for me, because he started us properly towards where we are now.

I never really took to Tosh at the time for some reason

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 18:07 - Mar 5 with 1437 viewsThursday

I love all of our managers but I wouldn't want to date any. Maybe Laudrup. For some arm candy.
FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 18:16 - Mar 5 with 1388 viewsperchrockjack

Addison s demise the saddest by a country mile

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 18:28 - Mar 5 with 1383 viewsjackonicko

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 18:16 - Mar 5 by perchrockjack

Addison s demise the saddest by a country mile

I think the good Doc has been a little harsh on old Molby on this thread.

I remember when we were first linked with him - which was when the takeover by Thompson was first mooted. There was talk of him coming in as a player, plus a big name manager. Of course, then we got Cullis, and no sign of Jan on loan.

Once Cullis was despatched, and Thompson went to wherever he went, Molby then reappeared on the scene as player / manager. I'll be honest - I loved that period. The football got a little bit better, Molby was imperious in the centre circle (just as well, as he never left it) Heggs up front and we even got a Wembley appearance out of it. All 3 games against Northampton were epic in their own different ways that year.

It may be just because that season was probably my peak season in terms of games attended in a single season, but that year was a blast. Loved it. Which is probably why when I saw the thread title, I thought of Molby.
FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 18:33 - Mar 5 with 1379 viewsGeoffThom

Probably my age but it's tosh every time for me the journey with him was epic and plus he didn't piss off at the first sight of a better club
Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 18:50 - Mar 5 with 1371 viewsPrivate_Partz

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 12:35 - Mar 4 by Dr_Winston

Anyone who rates a duffer like Molby ahead of people like Burrows or Jackett needs sectioning.

I have to say I rated JM highly. I thought he was unlucky to be booted out by Silver Shield. I thought the reasoning was that they were not prepared to pay his wages. This made me very suspicious of their intentions from the off.
He was actually ahead of his time and the passing game was certainly the strategy under him. I remember a pre season friendly against Bristol City who were a couple of divisions higher at the time. We won and passed them off the Park.
He went on to Kidderminster and got them into the Football League. People still talk about Kidderminster's performance at the Vetch when they won four nil. True jM had left by then but it was his team in the main.
I am surprised he did not persevere with his managerial career.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2015 20:04]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 18:58 - Mar 5 with 1366 viewsjacksfullaces

always liked the terry yorath/tommy Hutchinson combo only cos I saw them in burger king once (or whatever it was called back then) - mixing with us common people just outside of the quadrant.
FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 20:23 - Mar 5 with 1337 viewsPhil_S

"Must be a comfort to Garry winning a poll on a "fans" website where any detractors are banned "

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 21:15 - Mar 5 with 1301 viewsItchySphincter

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 17:52 - Mar 5 by Brynmill_Jack

You are Darran Prosser and I claim my 5 pounds.

Are you serious or just winding up Spratty?

Honestly Brynny I don't think Addison was too bad and I would take Rodgers again but I wouldn't touch Laudrup with a barge pole pole. What p!ssed me off about ML was that although we had a great seven or eight months which can't be denied he appeared to treat us with contempt in the end by not caring what happened, not even showing any professional pride. I hated that run at home, I can't remember the sequence but we had the likes of Spurs, Man City, Everton maybe even Hull and I saw a defeated side coming on to the pitch before a ball had even been kicked. Hated it. I know we didn't lose every game but it felt like we were going to.

Don't get the reference to Prosser sorry.

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 21:17 - Mar 5 with 1300 viewsDarran

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 21:15 - Mar 5 by ItchySphincter

Honestly Brynny I don't think Addison was too bad and I would take Rodgers again but I wouldn't touch Laudrup with a barge pole pole. What p!ssed me off about ML was that although we had a great seven or eight months which can't be denied he appeared to treat us with contempt in the end by not caring what happened, not even showing any professional pride. I hated that run at home, I can't remember the sequence but we had the likes of Spurs, Man City, Everton maybe even Hull and I saw a defeated side coming on to the pitch before a ball had even been kicked. Hated it. I know we didn't lose every game but it felt like we were going to.

Don't get the reference to Prosser sorry.

Nor me but he's very bitter because he was wrong about Garry Monk.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 21:42 - Mar 5 with 1289 viewsTNT

Harry Griffiths
John Toshack
Brian Flynn
Roberto Martinez
Brendan Rogers
Michael Laudrup
Garry Monk

HG - My first Swans manager. Great to watch his team play and score for fun.

JT - 4th to 1st. More great football and wins.

BF - Saved us from relegation to non-league football. Introduced players who were to take us on to great things, at a time when attracting quality players was not easy.

RM - Some of the most breathtaking football I've watched us play. The beginning of something special.

BR - Took us to another level.

ML - First major trophy, leading to European football.

GM - Keeping the PL dream alive... to be continued.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 21:57 - Mar 5 with 1270 viewsItchySphincter

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 18:28 - Mar 5 by jackonicko

I think the good Doc has been a little harsh on old Molby on this thread.

I remember when we were first linked with him - which was when the takeover by Thompson was first mooted. There was talk of him coming in as a player, plus a big name manager. Of course, then we got Cullis, and no sign of Jan on loan.

Once Cullis was despatched, and Thompson went to wherever he went, Molby then reappeared on the scene as player / manager. I'll be honest - I loved that period. The football got a little bit better, Molby was imperious in the centre circle (just as well, as he never left it) Heggs up front and we even got a Wembley appearance out of it. All 3 games against Northampton were epic in their own different ways that year.

It may be just because that season was probably my peak season in terms of games attended in a single season, but that year was a blast. Loved it. Which is probably why when I saw the thread title, I thought of Molby.

That chain of events is exactly how I remember it but I wasn't a fan of his. Huge, huge ego, the end of Corny as a similar type of player, the first few months of the season following relegation were hell although he did pull off quite a turnaround but there was no way we were ever going to make up the lost ground on Fulham or Wigan - can't remember who the others were? The football wasn't great but he did turn Steve Torpey from a carthorse who couldn't hit a barn door into a very decent footballer - made him practice keepy-ups with a tennis ball apparently.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024