Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date 01:05 - Mar 4 with 5597 viewsBobJack

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 4 Mar 2015 14:31]

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 01:07 - Mar 4 with 3055 viewsBobJack

http://www.bing.com/search?q=favourite%20%2C%20meaning&pc=cosp&ptag=A8239BFCB71&

Someones bound to ask....

Poll: Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 01:35 - Mar 4 with 3034 viewsJJJack

Toshack for me. Closely followed by Martinez and little to choose between the others except Molby who lags behind as despite being a legend and thoroughly nice bloke by all accounts should not really be on this list when Flynn achieved far more IMO.
Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 02:14 - Mar 4 with 3014 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I love burrows though I haven't votes for him. Oversaw a special time in SCFC history for me

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 05:00 - Mar 4 with 2974 viewsItchySphincter

Good thread!

Brendan Rodgers for me!

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 05:20 - Mar 4 with 2968 viewsTheParlay

Close between Rodgers, Martinez and Molby.

But probably in that order if push came to shove.
Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 06:03 - Mar 4 with 2949 viewsItchySphincter

Molby f*cked up his big chance if you ask me. Odd bloke too, still see him around now and again. Very anti Doug Sharpe until Doug left and Silver Shield came in - after that he was the best thing since sliced bread.

But that run up to the play off final when he suddenly brought Moreira back in and started playing himself at centre half was just bizarre.

Rodgers for the football.

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 07:52 - Mar 4 with 2899 viewsSwaneeRiver

1 - Rodgers
2 - Toshack
3 - Harry Griffiths
4 - Garry Monk
5 - Laudrup (early days)
6 - Molby
7 - Frank Burrows
8 - Roberto Martinez
9 - Terry Yorath
10 - Kenny Jackett
11 - Flynn (deserved to be higher but let himself down with his attitude towards the end)

Least favourite - A tie between Sousa and Harry Gregg
[Post edited 4 Mar 2015 7:54]
Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 09:06 - Mar 4 with 2800 viewsPrivate_Partz

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 07:52 - Mar 4 by SwaneeRiver

1 - Rodgers
2 - Toshack
3 - Harry Griffiths
4 - Garry Monk
5 - Laudrup (early days)
6 - Molby
7 - Frank Burrows
8 - Roberto Martinez
9 - Terry Yorath
10 - Kenny Jackett
11 - Flynn (deserved to be higher but let himself down with his attitude towards the end)

Least favourite - A tie between Sousa and Harry Gregg
[Post edited 4 Mar 2015 7:54]

I agree with most of that although Paulo deserves a mention for me as he turned around a shell of a club in next to no time, made us difficult to beat, improved our league position and came within a whisker of qualifying. His management style was his downfall and therefore he fell foul of Huw. Huge parallels with ML's exit.
I have not voted in the poll as it is inevitably going to be time based. I.e the most recent getting the most votes.
If the poll was based on the most respected manager the Kenny and ML would be near the top for me with Gary earning his spurs ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 09:29 - Mar 4 with 2765 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 09:06 - Mar 4 by Private_Partz

I agree with most of that although Paulo deserves a mention for me as he turned around a shell of a club in next to no time, made us difficult to beat, improved our league position and came within a whisker of qualifying. His management style was his downfall and therefore he fell foul of Huw. Huge parallels with ML's exit.
I have not voted in the poll as it is inevitably going to be time based. I.e the most recent getting the most votes.
If the poll was based on the most respected manager the Kenny and ML would be near the top for me with Gary earning his spurs ;-)

Laudrup won is our first ever major piece of silverware . End of thread

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 09:40 - Mar 4 with 2745 viewsdantheswansman

Can`t believe how popular Rodgers is , The guy is a idiot . like listening to the real life David Brent .
Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 09:46 - Mar 4 with 2735 viewsItchySphincter

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 09:06 - Mar 4 by Private_Partz

Well said P_P!

Paulo alienated some of the fanbase with his footballing style but he was a great manger for us. Where El Greaseball gets the credit for starting it off Sousa's legacy is massive. He baked the cake for Brodge to put the cherry on top.

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 09:48 - Mar 4 with 2729 viewsItchySphincter

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 09:40 - Mar 4 by dantheswansman

Can`t believe how popular Rodgers is , The guy is a idiot . like listening to the real life David Brent .

He's annoying but he's not an idiot. Best football I've seen us play was under Rodgers. Players liked him too.

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 09:59 - Mar 4 with 2714 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Idiot?

The one who got us promotion then kept us up against the odds with a squad that all of us would expect to get relegated if we had it now. We could do with more idiots like that in charge.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 10:02 - Mar 4 with 2704 viewsjack247

While he was here, Martinez without a doubt. We practically thought of him as local boy.
Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 10:14 - Mar 4 with 2681 viewsItchySphincter

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 09:59 - Mar 4 by Joe_bradshaw

Idiot?

The one who got us promotion then kept us up against the odds with a squad that all of us would expect to get relegated if we had it now. We could do with more idiots like that in charge.

A massive achievement that far outweighs anything Laudrup did regardless of how much I enjoyed us winning the League Cup.

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 10:23 - Mar 4 with 2673 viewsLord_Bony

Will always be Tosh for me.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 10:27 - Mar 4 with 2657 viewsTrundle10

The footballing royalty that is Laudrup for me. Cup win, European adventure, the Spanish stars.... Magical times
Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 11:17 - Mar 4 with 2592 viewsjack247

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 10:27 - Mar 4 by Trundle10

The footballing royalty that is Laudrup for me. Cup win, European adventure, the Spanish stars.... Magical times

If Laudrups desire matched his ability, he could have been an all time great for us, then moved on to bigger things.

That one year was phenomenal
Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 11:18 - Mar 4 with 2592 viewsdantheswansman

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 09:48 - Mar 4 by ItchySphincter

He's annoying but he's not an idiot. Best football I've seen us play was under Rodgers. Players liked him too.

He is a first class plonker . the crap i have heard coming out of his mouth is laughable. Talk,s more crap than even the worst politician.
Yes he done good for us but as a person i cannot stand him .
Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 12:35 - Mar 4 with 2524 viewsDr_Winston

Anyone who rates a duffer like Molby ahead of people like Burrows or Jackett needs sectioning.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 12:40 - Mar 4 with 2505 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I think there can be a difference between your favourite manager and the one you rated the best.

Those first seven months under Laudrup were sensational and probably my favourite short-term period of supporting the Swans in almost 50 years. Hard to ignore the 12 months that followed though.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 13:24 - Mar 4 with 2454 viewsSenhin

If only more people had had a most favourite English teacher.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 13:38 - Mar 4 with 2433 viewsQuakerJack

Hollins.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 15:10 - Mar 4 with 2344 viewsicecoldjack

Difficult choice , suprised none of the following made the list

Lol

John bond
Kevin cullis
Micky adams
Nick cusack
Colin addison
Bobby smith

In all seriousness. I think its impossible for me to name my favourite manager
I loved what sousa broight in our hour of need, so,ewhat airbrushed out of our recent history for some reason.
Laudrup brought the most sensational football ive ever seen us play before it tailed off for various reasoms.
Rodgers was a master politician / bullshter. But a great coach who had a good balance and understanding of the team and p,ayers.
Martinez did some great things but is slightly flawed, cant fault the way he set about changing us.
Kenny jacket, mostly boring but brought good work ethic and the professionalism needed.
Flynn had a good eye for a player.

I guess they all added something didnt they?

Burrows ,hollins,molby and cork all brought fond memories.

For sheer global appeal and a product that put us on the front cover of the top spanish football papers alongside barca and madrid it has to be laudrup for me.

For a small ti,e it felt the swans were a massive club with unlimited possibilities and the playing style and image made us the envy of a hell of a lot of teams.

Anywhere you went in spain or europe with a swans top on people would stop to talk aboit the footy, we were treated almost like royalty by our danish friends in copenhagen and it was maybe things like that that taint me to thinking laudrups swans were the most enjoyable in and outside of football
Most FAVOURITE Swansea City Manager to date on 16:20 - Mar 4 with 2286 viewsFar_Post

He does have a lot to say for himself does Brodge but most managers do and the job he did for Swansea and now Liverpool has shown what a good manager he is.

Regardless of how Brendan comes across in the press, the players he has worked with including Gerrard, Ashley Williams, Garry Monk all speak very highly of him.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/9702907/liverpool-captain-steven-g

Blog: The C Word

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024