Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates 09:13 - Mar 5 with 3641 viewsacejack3065

5 years ago they were here to stay and now he won't even debate Ed Miliband. Call me Dave has started to let the mask slip a few times this year and he's started to look like squeezed dick which is quite embarrasing given how weak the public perception of the Labour Party is right now.

I'm expecting the ugliest general election campaign in living memory and I suspect the Tories won't go quietly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-31742155
David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 09:17 - Mar 5 with 2219 viewsperchrockjack

I hope they don't go as I fear for this country under Millband and his back stabbing public school bleeding heart assasins.

Yvette Cooper as Home Sec, Ed BALLS as Chancellor ..feek me

Cameron should welcome the idea as Millbrand would look like Nixon in the Kennedy debate when Kennedy killed him basically.

Cameron truly is a shitehoue

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 09:34 - Mar 5 with 2208 viewsJoe_bradshaw

This is hardly a surprise. The incumbent usually has little to gain from these TV debates.

Maybe we're following the USA yet again, following the Kennedy - Nixon TV debates in 1960 it was 16 years before presidential TV debates returned.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 09:45 - Mar 5 with 2200 viewsacejack3065

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 09:17 - Mar 5 by perchrockjack

I hope they don't go as I fear for this country under Millband and his back stabbing public school bleeding heart assasins.

Yvette Cooper as Home Sec, Ed BALLS as Chancellor ..feek me

Cameron should welcome the idea as Millbrand would look like Nixon in the Kennedy debate when Kennedy killed him basically.

Cameron truly is a shitehoue

That's is what's confusing me. I'd assume that Cameron would win these debates quite comfortably.

Obviously the idea of having his record debated in front of the nation, detached from the boys club of PMQs, is a terrifying prospect for him.
David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 10:41 - Mar 5 with 2169 viewsPozuelosSideys

Not sure why people are so in favour of these. They have very little to do with the politics and/or the policies, but who is the best speaker, who is the best in front of the camera, who has the best body language etc.

Its a bit like celebrity culture for politicians. All style, no substance and quite counter-productive for the many who are led by their face values..

If it went to this, Farage would probably do well as hes the best public speaker, regardless of his policies. Miliband and Clegg would do well to pipe down as their economic policies would get torn apart.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 12:19 - Mar 5 with 2128 viewsblueytheblue

Cameron sh*ts out?

Millibland doesn't want other parties involved. Guess he's sh*tting it?

Millibland would be brutally exposed in any one to one debate. A lack of intellectual ability, nothing more than handy soundbites with the charisma of a dead slug. Maybe senior Labourites are encouraging him to push the point to cause his own demise...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 13:32 - Mar 5 with 2081 viewsacejack3065

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 12:19 - Mar 5 by blueytheblue

Cameron sh*ts out?

Millibland doesn't want other parties involved. Guess he's sh*tting it?

Millibland would be brutally exposed in any one to one debate. A lack of intellectual ability, nothing more than handy soundbites with the charisma of a dead slug. Maybe senior Labourites are encouraging him to push the point to cause his own demise...

Who is holding the broadcasters over a barrel? Who has been trying to duck out of these since the consultations began? Who has had his bluff called by the broadcasters and the opposition leaders? I'll give you a hint. It's call me Dave. Ed hasn't squirmed nearly as much as Cameron in this instance so it would be embarrasing to try and deflect the attention into him. You could get away with it on most other issues but not this one.

I'd expect Gromit to lose quite badly in these debates so why Cameron is avoiding them is very interesting. He's run out of excuses and I hope he gets "empty chaired" if he refuses to turn up.
David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 13:35 - Mar 5 with 2079 viewsdickythorpe

And people wonder why some dont vote.......... shite role models all of them
David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 14:55 - Mar 5 with 2047 viewsacejack3065

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 10:41 - Mar 5 by PozuelosSideys

Not sure why people are so in favour of these. They have very little to do with the politics and/or the policies, but who is the best speaker, who is the best in front of the camera, who has the best body language etc.

Its a bit like celebrity culture for politicians. All style, no substance and quite counter-productive for the many who are led by their face values..

If it went to this, Farage would probably do well as hes the best public speaker, regardless of his policies. Miliband and Clegg would do well to pipe down as their economic policies would get torn apart.

Personally I like the concept of TV debates because it gives the voters an opportunity to engage with the candidates on a level that was previously unavailable. At least if you have the debates you might prompt some people who would otherwise not engage with the election to sit up and pay some attention.

We already have a culture where style rules over substance and not having these debates does virtually nothing to counter that. The genie is already out of the bottle in that aspect. We might as well use the culture that exists to enfranchise people to politics.
Login to get fewer ads

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 15:45 - Mar 5 with 2031 viewsPegojack

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 14:55 - Mar 5 by acejack3065

Personally I like the concept of TV debates because it gives the voters an opportunity to engage with the candidates on a level that was previously unavailable. At least if you have the debates you might prompt some people who would otherwise not engage with the election to sit up and pay some attention.

We already have a culture where style rules over substance and not having these debates does virtually nothing to counter that. The genie is already out of the bottle in that aspect. We might as well use the culture that exists to enfranchise people to politics.

I couldn't agree more. We know they're all lying sh*ts, but at least they should stand up in front of the public and engage with us if they want our votes. Come on, Cameron, tell us what your achievements and future policies are, it's called democracy, what are you afraid of?
David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 17:53 - Mar 5 with 1986 viewsexiledclaseboy

Cameron's now blaming the broadcasters. Fool. He wants one debate, in March before Parliament rises and before the manifestos are published. He's a f*cking idiot. He's flat out refused to face Miliband one on one and only wants the seven way soundbite fest because it will dilute Farage's input. Contrary to Bluey's latest incorrect assertion, wisely or not (and I agree he probably won't be very good) Miliband has agreed to all debate proposals.

Poll: Tory leader

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 18:36 - Mar 5 with 1955 viewsJJJack

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 17:53 - Mar 5 by exiledclaseboy

Cameron's now blaming the broadcasters. Fool. He wants one debate, in March before Parliament rises and before the manifestos are published. He's a f*cking idiot. He's flat out refused to face Miliband one on one and only wants the seven way soundbite fest because it will dilute Farage's input. Contrary to Bluey's latest incorrect assertion, wisely or not (and I agree he probably won't be very good) Miliband has agreed to all debate proposals.

Sillibland is that bad he'd lose a debate with no-one else present. Well, slight exaggeration but he'd probably lose evn more credibility, hence why Cameron probably wants to leave well alone.
But to some extent I don't like Presidential style debates because we won't be getting a President.....we'll be getting a party (or more likely a coalition). Of course the 2 main parties are the ones that really count here but I wish more people would watch programmes like QT , Newsnight or even This Week because if you want a truer inkling of what to expect these programmes are much, much more telling than a pointless Leadership debate.
David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 18:37 - Mar 5 with 1953 viewsNogginthenog

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 10:41 - Mar 5 by PozuelosSideys

You say that as if the Tories can be trusted with the economy. That's a laugh.

I seem to recall that the economy was well and truly effed by bankers but I may be wrong of course.
David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 18:44 - Mar 5 with 1948 viewsjacksfullaces

think the rule of thumb is the sitting PM has nothing to gain in these debates, and everything to lose.

guess he's trying to play the odds.
David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 18:49 - Mar 5 with 1944 viewsPozuelosSideys

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 18:37 - Mar 5 by Nogginthenog

You say that as if the Tories can be trusted with the economy. That's a laugh.

I seem to recall that the economy was well and truly effed by bankers but I may be wrong of course.

Aye. Short memory?

And at running the risk of another cliche, sometimes its better the devil you know. It may not be great now, but the alternative is far, far worse.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 19:07 - Mar 5 with 1923 viewsexiledclaseboy

Makes me chuckle how all the Tory cheerleaders who were so in favour of the last debates when Cameron was stomping all over a hapless Gordon Brown are now dead set against them now that their Dear Leader is running scared. Makes me wonder why if "Stilliband" (hilarious pun that, honest) is so inept why Cameron's not camped outside the TV studios waiting for the debates to start so that he can humiliate Ed in front of millions of voters. Laughable excuses coming from the true blues.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2015 19:12]

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 19:09 - Mar 5 with 1919 viewsBadgeman

Its a sad indictment of our democracy when our choices consist of a real life aardman figurine and a born to rule, upper class, bullingdon boy. There is no point even considering another party as you might as well put your vote in the shredder.

The grim reality is that in most of our seats we have to pick between red or blue. We can pick the party that let PFI destroy our NHS or the party that cuts the top rate of tax for the wealthiest in society while our poorest are eating from food banks.

I somewhat hoped that the Tories would fix the economy and kick the scroungers up the arse but after five years we seem to be regressing quite quickly. I don't think Cameron has done anywhere near enough to justify five years.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 19:15 - Mar 5 with 1910 viewslondonlisa2001

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 19:07 - Mar 5 by exiledclaseboy

Makes me chuckle how all the Tory cheerleaders who were so in favour of the last debates when Cameron was stomping all over a hapless Gordon Brown are now dead set against them now that their Dear Leader is running scared. Makes me wonder why if "Stilliband" (hilarious pun that, honest) is so inept why Cameron's not camped outside the TV studios waiting for the debates to start so that he can humiliate Ed in front of millions of voters. Laughable excuses coming from the true blues.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2015 19:12]

Cameron is not worried about debating Ed though is he - he's worried that Farage will take away core Tory votes with a raft of populist semi racism and a better debating style.

He can't win against Farage so can only lose votes.

Having said that, he's making himself look like a complete prat.
David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 19:18 - Mar 5 with 1905 viewsexiledclaseboy

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 19:15 - Mar 5 by londonlisa2001

Cameron is not worried about debating Ed though is he - he's worried that Farage will take away core Tory votes with a raft of populist semi racism and a better debating style.

He can't win against Farage so can only lose votes.

Having said that, he's making himself look like a complete prat.

So why is Cameron refusing the one to one debate with Milliband?

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 19:20 - Mar 5 with 1902 viewslondonlisa2001

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 19:09 - Mar 5 by Badgeman

Its a sad indictment of our democracy when our choices consist of a real life aardman figurine and a born to rule, upper class, bullingdon boy. There is no point even considering another party as you might as well put your vote in the shredder.

The grim reality is that in most of our seats we have to pick between red or blue. We can pick the party that let PFI destroy our NHS or the party that cuts the top rate of tax for the wealthiest in society while our poorest are eating from food banks.

I somewhat hoped that the Tories would fix the economy and kick the scroungers up the arse but after five years we seem to be regressing quite quickly. I don't think Cameron has done anywhere near enough to justify five years.

the top rate of tax cut is such a red herring.

Firstly the top rate is higher than it was for virtually all of the Labour term. Secondly, cutting the rate from 50% to 45% has increased the tax take from top rate earners.

I don't disagree though over your main point about what an awful choice it is. I also wouldn't like to see Cameron get another 5 years. The only issue is that I fear Ed would be even worse.
David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 19:25 - Mar 5 with 1893 viewslondonlisa2001

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 19:18 - Mar 5 by exiledclaseboy

So why is Cameron refusing the one to one debate with Milliband?

I don't know - it depends on who you believe (which in my case is none of them) as to what has actually been offered and what hasn't. I was only talking about the full debate.

By the way - I would absolutely empty chair any of them that doesn't turn up (I wasn't supporting Cameron's decision to be clear).
David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 19:31 - Mar 5 with 1885 viewsBadgeman

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 19:20 - Mar 5 by londonlisa2001

the top rate of tax cut is such a red herring.

Firstly the top rate is higher than it was for virtually all of the Labour term. Secondly, cutting the rate from 50% to 45% has increased the tax take from top rate earners.

I don't disagree though over your main point about what an awful choice it is. I also wouldn't like to see Cameron get another 5 years. The only issue is that I fear Ed would be even worse.

Cutting the tax rate to increase revenue is a red herring. If you tax people at 50% you should enforce it. I don't have the option of persuading the government to lower my tax rate so that I might be more honest with my tax returns.

How could Ed be any worse? Really? Our choices couldn't be any worse at the minute. I think I'm going to have to take my chances with the party that wants to abolish the bedroom tax as I have friends who have been affected by it.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 19:32 - Mar 5 with 1885 viewsexiledclaseboy

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 19:25 - Mar 5 by londonlisa2001

I don't know - it depends on who you believe (which in my case is none of them) as to what has actually been offered and what hasn't. I was only talking about the full debate.

By the way - I would absolutely empty chair any of them that doesn't turn up (I wasn't supporting Cameron's decision to be clear).

Well the plan up to today included a one on one debate between Cameron and Miliband on Sky News/C4 one week before polling day. Cameron's refused that and is only prepared to do one seven-way debate six weeks before polling day.

Now as we're all in almost unanimous agreement that Ed Milliband transcends incompetence and would be eaten alive on live TV by any semi literate debater, why is Cameron refusing the opportunity to humiliate his only rival for PM in front of the entire electorate seven days before votes are cast?

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 19:47 - Mar 5 with 1869 viewslondonlisa2001

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 19:31 - Mar 5 by Badgeman

Cutting the tax rate to increase revenue is a red herring. If you tax people at 50% you should enforce it. I don't have the option of persuading the government to lower my tax rate so that I might be more honest with my tax returns.

How could Ed be any worse? Really? Our choices couldn't be any worse at the minute. I think I'm going to have to take my chances with the party that wants to abolish the bedroom tax as I have friends who have been affected by it.

How could he be worse - have you listened to Ed Balls and Harriet Harman?

On the tax issue - I think everyone should pay the % levied on worldwide income but they don't and so it has increased the tax take by reducing the top rate.

It's not an issue for anyone on PAYE however much they earn - even if it's millions - it's the others - the people like Ed Milliband if you like, who set up tax structures to avoid tax on property.

The choice is like deciding which hand to cut off in my opinion.
David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 19:49 - Mar 5 with 1863 viewslondonlisa2001

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 19:32 - Mar 5 by exiledclaseboy

Well the plan up to today included a one on one debate between Cameron and Miliband on Sky News/C4 one week before polling day. Cameron's refused that and is only prepared to do one seven-way debate six weeks before polling day.

Now as we're all in almost unanimous agreement that Ed Milliband transcends incompetence and would be eaten alive on live TV by any semi literate debater, why is Cameron refusing the opportunity to humiliate his only rival for PM in front of the entire electorate seven days before votes are cast?

well I believe that the received wisdom is that Ed is so bad that he can only possibly improve.

I'm not certain I agree - I think it's possible that he may transcend awful. Having said that, Dave is not good in debate either - look at last time where he got eaten alive by Clegg who only slightly better than awful himself.

Never has the need for an option marked 'you're all useless' been so required.
David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 19:51 - Mar 5 with 1861 viewsPozuelosSideys

David Cameron sh*ts out of TV debates on 19:31 - Mar 5 by Badgeman

Completely forgetting the increase to the personal allowance over the last few years then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024