Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've started doing photography 09:51 - Mar 5 with 46393 viewsTheArtChappy

I bought a nikon coolpix I820 in the summer to take decent photos to paint from, but Ive started to enjoy just taking the photos. Here's a few.

The Art Chappy A.K.A Chris Chapman
Poll: should 3pm kick offs be allowed to be brocasted live

I've started doing photography on 09:52 - Mar 5 with 13971 viewsTheArtChappy

I've started doing photography on 09:53 - Mar 5 with 13968 viewsTheArtChappy

I've started doing photography on 09:54 - Mar 5 with 13962 viewsTheArtChappy

I've started doing photography on 09:56 - Mar 5 with 13955 viewsTheArtChappy

I've started doing photography on 17:25 - Mar 5 with 13882 viewsDr_Winston

I've started doing photography on 09:56 - Mar 5 by TheArtChappy

Good Macro shot that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

I've started doing photography on 18:07 - Mar 5 with 13857 viewsTheArtChappy

Thanks. These flowers gets covered in bees and hover flies in late summer

I've started doing photography on 18:14 - Mar 5 with 13851 viewsperchrockjack

that poppy one is traffic son.Tidy

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

I've started doing photography on 18:17 - Mar 5 with 13852 viewsTheArtChappy

I've started doing photography on 18:14 - Mar 5 by perchrockjack

that poppy one is traffic son.Tidy

Thanks its outside the bug in gorseinon. The altered colours where done on the camer.

Login to get fewer ads

I've started doing photography on 18:18 - Mar 5 with 13846 viewsperchrockjack

Its nice to have a pleasant exchange before dinner as I was called beastly things on the cannabis line.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

I've started doing photography on 18:47 - Mar 5 with 13830 viewsDr_Winston

I've started doing photography on 18:07 - Mar 5 by TheArtChappy

Thanks. These flowers gets covered in bees and hover flies in late summer

Want to do some Macro stuff in the summer. Bought an SLR last year and am really getting into photography in a big way.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

I've started doing photography on 20:18 - Mar 5 with 13795 viewsTheArtChappy

I've started doing photography on 18:47 - Mar 5 by Dr_Winston

Want to do some Macro stuff in the summer. Bought an SLR last year and am really getting into photography in a big way.

Yea I enjoy macro. My camera is a bridge and for me it's brilliant. I was saving up to get a dslr but realised couldn't justify spending 300+ this was just over 100 pound. It's in my bag everywhere I go.

I've started doing photography on 20:21 - Mar 5 with 13793 viewsTheArtChappy

I've started doing photography on 18:18 - Mar 5 by perchrockjack

Its nice to have a pleasant exchange before dinner as I was called beastly things on the cannabis line.

I don't come on here often because it seems most threads turn into arguments nothing todo with the topic. I thought I'd but some thing quite safe on.

I've started doing photography on 21:51 - Mar 5 with 13766 viewsDr_Winston

I've started doing photography on 20:18 - Mar 5 by TheArtChappy

Yea I enjoy macro. My camera is a bridge and for me it's brilliant. I was saving up to get a dslr but realised couldn't justify spending 300+ this was just over 100 pound. It's in my bag everywhere I go.

Bought my SLR second hand on eBay for just over £100. Have spent a bit more since then on extra kit (70-300mm lens was the most expensive) but am probably still below £200 in total.

Might invest in something more expensive in time but this one does me. Get some good shots with it.

I've started doing photography on 22:18 - Mar 5 with 13748 viewslifelong

I've started doing photography on 21:51 - Mar 5 by Dr_Winston

Bought my SLR second hand on eBay for just over £100. Have spent a bit more since then on extra kit (70-300mm lens was the most expensive) but am probably still below £200 in total.

Might invest in something more expensive in time but this one does me. Get some good shots with it.

Nice photos.

Had a couple of SLR's over the years and never really got on with them, too complicated for me probably .

Use a fairly cheap digital camera and it suits me for what I need it for, there's no doubt, though, that SLR is the way to go for better quality.
I've started doing photography on 22:22 - Mar 5 with 13746 viewsItchySphincter

I've started doing photography on 18:47 - Mar 5 by Dr_Winston

I got my missus a DSLR last year, she seems to have an eye for this sort of thing too.

Good work Mr Chappy, I like the one of the bee in the aviators. Looking forward to seeing some more of your paintings.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

I've started doing photography on 22:43 - Mar 5 with 13734 viewsmax936

I bought an Olympus E 510 SLR camera yrs ago, it came with 2 lenses, bought it with the intention of finding a club or classes on how to use it properly, but couldn't find anything therefore its hardly been used what a waste,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

I've started doing photography on 23:07 - Mar 5 with 13720 viewsLord_Bony

Bought recently a Nikkon Dx330 for portrait work...I'm new to photography but as long as you take a shot of a well lit face certain programmes will enhance it beautifully at the click if a mouse making you look like a true professional when really you know zilch.

Nice little earner...child's play.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

I've started doing photography on 23:48 - Mar 5 with 13702 viewsTheArtChappy

I've started doing photography on 22:43 - Mar 5 by max936

I bought an Olympus E 510 SLR camera yrs ago, it came with 2 lenses, bought it with the intention of finding a club or classes on how to use it properly, but couldn't find anything therefore its hardly been used what a waste,

http://www.swanseacameraclub.co.uk I know gower college do part time courses.

I've started doing photography on 23:59 - Mar 5 with 13694 viewsTheArtChappy

I've started doing photography on 22:22 - Mar 5 by ItchySphincter

I got my missus a DSLR last year, she seems to have an eye for this sort of thing too.

Good work Mr Chappy, I like the one of the bee in the aviators. Looking forward to seeing some more of your paintings.

Thanks very much, I've got more on my Facebook page. I really wanted a dslr, but I had to think about what if I had an incident with a camera and lenses. I would be rather annoyed

I've started doing photography on 06:09 - Mar 6 with 13673 viewsDr_Winston

I've started doing photography on 22:18 - Mar 5 by lifelong

Nice photos.

Had a couple of SLR's over the years and never really got on with them, too complicated for me probably .

Use a fairly cheap digital camera and it suits me for what I need it for, there's no doubt, though, that SLR is the way to go for better quality.

I've got better definition on my compact, but you get far more options with an SLR. Never used a bridge camera.

Nomad is the one who should put some stuff up on this thread though. I'm deeply jealous of some of the photos he takes.

I've started doing photography on 06:25 - Mar 6 with 13650 viewsSirParlayMBE

I like wildlife shots.

I took an incredible one of a humpback whale just feet from the boat and one of a wedge tailed eagle eating a kangaroo. My Mrs took a great one of a Sea Eagle too.

they are on the ipad so will pop them on later.
I've started doing photography on 14:22 - Mar 6 with 13593 viewsFlashberryjack

I've started doing photography on 06:25 - Mar 6 by SirParlayMBE

I like wildlife shots.

I took an incredible one of a humpback whale just feet from the boat and one of a wedge tailed eagle eating a kangaroo. My Mrs took a great one of a Sea Eagle too.

they are on the ipad so will pop them on later.

Please do....thinking of getting myself a tidy camera.
Wildlife is my favourite as well.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

I've started doing photography on 17:08 - Mar 6 with 13561 viewsJackfath

I've started doing photography on 21:51 - Mar 5 by Dr_Winston

Cool stuff. How do you get the effect of the water like that in the middle photo? Alter the exposure time on the camera?

I'd love a DSLR.

What camera did you buy on ebay? I keep on looking but don't really know enough to spot a bargain...

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

I've started doing photography on 17:19 - Mar 6 with 13550 viewsTreforys_Jack

I've started doing photography on 17:08 - Mar 6 by Jackfath

Cool stuff. How do you get the effect of the water like that in the middle photo? Alter the exposure time on the camera?

I'd love a DSLR.

What camera did you buy on ebay? I keep on looking but don't really know enough to spot a bargain...

Can be really difficult getting bargains on ebay these days. Better off looking on gumtree for a good deal, more likely to be someone getting rid of something rather than someone trying to make money. But like you say you need to know what you're looking for. Try getting advice from the shop in town, near where Barons used to be, can't remember the name always really helpful.
I've started doing photography on 17:20 - Mar 6 with 13549 viewsPhil_S

I've got a digital SLR but am crap at taking photos in it - its wasted on me as I spend too much time in "auto" mode and not enough using all the settings which just confuse me

Theres a bit of interest in it on here we should get a few together and learn from each other?

My digital SLR is probably 5 years old by now so a little outdated but would invest in a new one if I thought I could produce pictures like the ones in this thread (and most definitely like the ones that Nomad shoots which are just phenomenal)

A Planet Swans photography club...!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024