Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is British Better? 17:48 - Mar 5 with 1007 viewsThePenaltyKing

Hi all.
Wrote this and talked a little about Ashley Williams and other defenders.
http://thepenaltyking.blogspot.com/2015/03/is-british-better.html

Hope you enjoy.

Just a blog about football and all the spitting, swearing and handbags that go along with it. http://thepenaltyking.blogspot.co.uk/#sthash.jcYHXZ4X.dpuf Follow me on Twitter @ThePenaltyKing1 or like me on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ThePenaltyKing1

Is British Better? on 11:12 - Mar 6 with 833 viewsPrivate_Partz

Thanks for that. I tend to agree on the centre back bit. In our case a good British ball playing player is what a club like us needs.
When I comes to the rest if the team I tend to favour continental players. The style is ingrained in them and it therefore suits our passing game. Foreign players are cheaper and bargains can still be found with a good scouting system.
Coaching is improving in the British game but I dont think the type player we are looking for is coming off the conveyor belt just yet.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Is British Better? on 16:41 - Mar 6 with 737 viewsJBT95

Winston Reid is a New Zealander.

Phil Jags is older than Ash so won't get a move to a UCL club.

Good article on the whole though.
Is British Better? on 21:58 - Nov 26 with 526 viewsThePenaltyKing

Is British Better? on 16:41 - Mar 6 by JBT95

Winston Reid is a New Zealander.

Phil Jags is older than Ash so won't get a move to a UCL club.

Good article on the whole though.

I can't even explain how thick I feel for putting Reid haha. Literally this is the first I've heard of him being from New Zealand.

Even though I posted this ages ago, thank you for pointing this out to me and thanks for the praise :)

Just a blog about football and all the spitting, swearing and handbags that go along with it. http://thepenaltyking.blogspot.co.uk/#sthash.jcYHXZ4X.dpuf Follow me on Twitter @ThePenaltyKing1 or like me on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ThePenaltyKing1

Is British Better? on 22:02 - Nov 26 with 511 viewsSwansNZ

Is British Better? on 21:58 - Nov 26 by ThePenaltyKing

I can't even explain how thick I feel for putting Reid haha. Literally this is the first I've heard of him being from New Zealand.

Even though I posted this ages ago, thank you for pointing this out to me and thanks for the praise :)

He moved from NZ when he was 10 — to Denmark

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Is British Better? on 22:21 - Nov 26 with 483 viewsjasper_T

I only skimmed your piece but the reason big clubs don't go for English centrebacks is because they aren't good enough technically to play in top sides. The job is different at the Uniteds and the Arsenals to what it is lower down the tables.

Scott Dann would have to play football at United. And he can't.

Ah, I just saw you say that James Collins is a great centreback. Wish I hadn't wasted my time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024