Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you like watching good basketball . . . 14:46 - Mar 6 with 1337 viewsDavillin

If you like watching really good basketball, you might check your TV schedules starting on 11 March for the "Big East Tournament."

The "Big East" is one of the two top college basketball leagues in the U.S.

They play pure, classy college basketball with superior players and coaches. Not even remotely like the "iron cage ice hockey brutishness without skates" of the N.B.A.

It's the only basketball I watch and I enjoy it every time.

The Tournament is on Fox Sports.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 15:10 - Mar 6 with 1325 viewsApeShit

Don't think we get Fox Sports here.
If you like watching good basketball . . . on 22:42 - Mar 6 with 1292 viewsDavillin

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 15:10 - Mar 6 by ApeShit

Don't think we get Fox Sports here.

Do you get

http://www.vipleague.se/

It's the best of them all -- wide range of sports, always clear, and no bumps along the way.

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 23:34 - Mar 6 with 1278 viewsperchrockjack

Sure basketball is very skilful but not really for me.

Ice hockey ..nhl is.

Detroit red wings my team

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 23:38 - Mar 6 with 1275 viewsSirParlayMBE

I love basketball, i'm amazed how you so flippantly disregard the NBA though.

Some of the basketball being played at times this season is breathtaking by the likes of the Hawks. Without doubt the best place to watch basketball and probably always will be.

Ive never seen an athlete like LeBron before and the accuracy of the likes of Steph Curry from 3 point zone is a joy to watch.

A special mention to James Harden too who this year seems to have turned into MVP candidate and is carrying the rockets.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2015 23:42]
If you like watching good basketball . . . on 23:43 - Mar 6 with 1267 viewsperchrockjack

Not sure flippant is the word as just seems preference.

Chacun a son hour eh.

British ice hockey is tough but compared with North america..well it doesn't.

Both sports highly skilled athletes without question

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 23:46 - Mar 6 with 1266 viewsSirParlayMBE

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 23:43 - Mar 6 by perchrockjack

Not sure flippant is the word as just seems preference.

Chacun a son hour eh.

British ice hockey is tough but compared with North america..well it doesn't.

Both sports highly skilled athletes without question

It was quite flippant and a little arrogant. Claiming college basketball have superior coaches and players than the NBA is just not true and quite amazing really.

By all means he can prefer it, but its like me saying the Championship is a better standard, has better players and managers than the Premier League.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2015 23:47]
If you like watching good basketball . . . on 23:51 - Mar 6 with 1260 viewsperchrockjack

I lol leave it to dav to reply.
Should have kept schtum so it's goodnight to all and I ll see you in my dreams

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 23:53 - Mar 6 with 1258 viewsSirParlayMBE

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 23:51 - Mar 6 by perchrockjack

I lol leave it to dav to reply.
Should have kept schtum so it's goodnight to all and I ll see you in my dreams

Maybe you should have. If you dont know basketball then you can not scale what Dav just claimed.

College players long to play in the NBA and you will never find developed talent like LeBron James, Kobe Bryant and James Harden at college level.

It may be nicer on the eye in terms of being a less cynical game with younger fitter players. But to say the standard is better is just mind boggling.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2015 23:56]
Login to get fewer ads

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 00:00 - Mar 7 with 1252 viewsperchrockjack

I would agree with you that standards at the highest level of any game are higher that semi pro or amateur or in this case college.

I m off to bed..

How about we discuss speedway one day

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 00:08 - Mar 7 with 1249 viewsBanosswan

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 23:38 - Mar 6 by SirParlayMBE

Some of the basketball being played at times this season is breathtaking by the likes of the Hawks. Without doubt the best place to watch basketball and probably always will be.

Ive never seen an athlete like LeBron before and the accuracy of the likes of Steph Curry from 3 point zone is a joy to watch.

A special mention to James Harden too who this year seems to have turned into MVP candidate and is carrying the rockets.

I haven't watched nba for years, but switching to be broadband means I have bt sport. By strange coincidence I've turned over and seen the rockets three times and James Harden had been immense every time. Practically unstoppable.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 00:09 - Mar 7 with 1249 viewsSirParlayMBE

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 00:00 - Mar 7 by perchrockjack

I would agree with you that standards at the highest level of any game are higher that semi pro or amateur or in this case college.

I m off to bed..

How about we discuss speedway one day

College standard is very high dont get me wrong, I had the pleasure of watching Gonzaga play maybe 10 years back and there was a player called Adam Morrison who was utterly superb at that level, he was adored and everybody watching had fake moustaches a bit like the fellaini wigs.

He was drafted in maybe 2005 or 2006 2nd or 3rd round pick and stood out like a sore thumb at NBA level and think he ended up playing in turkey after a few failed trades to such places as the lakers.

College basketball and college football are massive, and i mean, massive... but in terms of quality they just do not even compare to the NBA or NFL.
If you like watching good basketball . . . on 00:12 - Mar 7 with 1247 viewsperchrockjack

Seems fair comment .

So speedway not a subject for you to discuss ,which is fine as I am now shattered.

We Ve had a decent dialogue and I feel a lump in my pants

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 00:14 - Mar 7 with 1246 viewsSirParlayMBE

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 00:08 - Mar 7 by Banosswan

I haven't watched nba for years, but switching to be broadband means I have bt sport. By strange coincidence I've turned over and seen the rockets three times and James Harden had been immense every time. Practically unstoppable.

Utterly unplayable, hes always been good but this year he has taken it to a whole new level.

I think he also shoots the most free throws in the league, thats no coincidence. People cannot handle him and he is adept at picking up the foul as well as the basket.
If you like watching good basketball . . . on 00:22 - Mar 7 with 1243 viewsSirParlayMBE

I also urge anyone who hasnt seen it to watch this, its the 3 point contest where players have to shot 25 balls from 3 point range.

To witness Steph Currys accuracy is stunning here, anybody who has played will know the difficulty of even hitting 1.

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 01:04 - Mar 7 with 1224 viewsDavillin

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 23:46 - Mar 6 by SirParlayMBE

It was quite flippant and a little arrogant. Claiming college basketball have superior coaches and players than the NBA is just not true and quite amazing really.

By all means he can prefer it, but its like me saying the Championship is a better standard, has better players and managers than the Premier League.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2015 23:47]

You characterized my post as "flippant,"" a little arrogant," and "quite amusing, really." I'm O.K. with that, except perhaps for the usual criticism of me or my posts as "arrogant," saved by being tempered by "a little." Then why did you take it so seriously? I didn't. And I don't.

Here I thought Welshmen had a sense of humour. In your case -- or in this case -- perhaps I'm wrong.

Now "not true" is purely a matter of opinion. You wrote, "By all means he can prefer it," but then make fun of my preferring it.

Same old song and dance -- if you don't agree with me, there's something wrong with you.

Pre-posting edit: I went back and added smilies so you can tell when I using subtle humour.

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 01:15 - Mar 7 with 1218 viewsSirParlayMBE

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 01:04 - Mar 7 by Davillin

You characterized my post as "flippant,"" a little arrogant," and "quite amusing, really." I'm O.K. with that, except perhaps for the usual criticism of me or my posts as "arrogant," saved by being tempered by "a little." Then why did you take it so seriously? I didn't. And I don't.

Here I thought Welshmen had a sense of humour. In your case -- or in this case -- perhaps I'm wrong.

Now "not true" is purely a matter of opinion. You wrote, "By all means he can prefer it," but then make fun of my preferring it.

Same old song and dance -- if you don't agree with me, there's something wrong with you.

Pre-posting edit: I went back and added smilies so you can tell when I using subtle humour.

I wasn't taking it seriously. In terms of being outraged or attributing any sort of emotion to it, I took it seriously in the sense you meant what you said however. I am glad you also highlighted that I labelled your post arrogant and not yourself.

Are you saying that this thread was supposed to be a joke? it seems a lot has been lost in translation here as I am not entirely sure I see it.

I didn't make fun of your preferring of it at all. In fact I mused as to why somebody would... I just made the point that the ''standard'' is clearly not better and not really a matter for opinion.
If you like watching good basketball . . . on 02:28 - Mar 7 with 1206 viewsjruss1

Can't get into College Basketball at all the 35 second shot clock just drives me crazy.

The NBA is an amazing league. The level these guys are playing at night in night out is hard to believe, never mind the fitness levels.

I find it difficult how anyone who likes College Basketball wouldn't watch the NBA.

Steph Curry is just a wizard, will go out of my way to watch Warriors game just to see him in action.
If you like watching good basketball . . . on 06:01 - Mar 7 with 1183 viewsSwansNZ

I don't watch the NBA, but enjoy watching the NZ Breakers in the Australian NBL.

1-0 up in the best of 3 grand final

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 06:48 - Mar 7 with 1179 viewsdgt73

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 23:38 - Mar 6 by SirParlayMBE

Cool story bro.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 09:22 - Mar 7 with 1155 viewslifelong

Not keen on basketball, watching 7 foot tall people jumping about in a gym does nothing for me I'm afraid.
If you like watching good basketball . . . on 16:13 - Mar 7 with 1122 viewsSirParlayMBE

If you like watching good basketball . . . on 06:48 - Mar 7 by dgt73

Cool story bro.

Certainly is.
If you like watching good basketball . . . on 17:49 - Mar 7 with 1102 viewsJonnyTheJack

I haven't cared that much about the NBA the past couple of seasons. I used to be really into it but there's so much to dislike about it.

Teams constantly tanking for high draft picks. I'm a Nuggets fan and the players just pretty much gave up and then threw Brian Shaw under the bus when he got fired last week. You've got Lebron running the Cavs and getting to pick and choose who plays with him.
Agree with Parlay about Steph Curry though, possibly my favourite player at the moment. Did you see that 3 he knocked down the other day where he turned away after he let go of the ball, knowing it was going in? Incredible. The Warriors are fun to watch in general though. And Westbrook's recent form for OKC has been insane too.

I've watched bits of college this year but I love March Madness. Much easier to watch than the best of 7 NBA Playoffs (which adds to an already long season). Plus you get the added atmosphere from college sports in general which are much better than the pro crowds. And he likes of Kentucky could probably beat some the teams in the NBA.

One thing I did enjoy recently was Kobe's new documentary which came out last week. I'm not a fan of him because of his off the court stuff and some of the things i've read about him like in Phil Jackson's books etc, but this doc was great.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2015 17:51]
If you like watching good basketball . . . on 19:52 - Mar 7 with 1076 viewsDavillin

There's a real Big East "barn-burner" on right now -- St. John's at Villanova. Almost halftime.

http://www.vipleague.se/basketball/288098/1/st.-john%27s-at-villanova-live-strea

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024