Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Owain tudur Jones retirement 14:56 - Mar 6 with 2914 viewsswanskid95

Just announced his retirement from football due to a knee injury, still a huge Swans fan!
Owain tudur Jones retirement on 18:53 - Mar 6 with 1094 viewsSirParlayMBE

I'm happy to be exhibit B.

He really was awful. Truly.
Owain tudur Jones retirement on 18:53 - Mar 6 with 1101 viewsJackanapes

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 15:20 - Mar 6 by Darran

One of the worst players I've ever seen in a Swans shirt,pure gash.

When he got subbed off against Barnsley and was outshone by Joe Allen who came on and chanegd the game it really highlighted his limitations. I shouted something unpleasant out at him that night as he walked off and he looked straight at me. He didnt look angry though, just like he agreed with me. I still feel bad about that. Its a shame he got injured. He looked quite decent until he got hurt.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 19:00 - Mar 6 with 1086 viewsRancid

It all depends what league we were in to judge him.Now we're flying high he was never good enough but back then he was a prospect who we had hopes for especially as we hanged off every word uttered by Martinez and took it as gospel.In League 1 he was half tidy, similar to Shaun Macdonald but was no Ferrie Bodde and lacked the ability to play and succeed at the level we're now at.
Owain tudur Jones retirement on 19:00 - Mar 6 with 1084 viewsDr_Winston

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 19:00 - Mar 6 by Rancid

It all depends what league we were in to judge him.Now we're flying high he was never good enough but back then he was a prospect who we had hopes for especially as we hanged off every word uttered by Martinez and took it as gospel.In League 1 he was half tidy, similar to Shaun Macdonald but was no Ferrie Bodde and lacked the ability to play and succeed at the level we're now at.

Much more sensible.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 19:05 - Mar 6 with 1062 viewsSirParlayMBE

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 19:00 - Mar 6 by Rancid

In our rise many bad players have been made to look average. McDonald had more talent in his little toe than OTJ had in his considerable frame... and McDonald was probably the epitome of average. OTJ in any other side would look like the league of Wales player he was... and to be fair he more often looked like that for us anyway. He was always looked at through rose tinted speccies because he was "welsh innit mun".
Owain tudur Jones retirement on 19:14 - Mar 6 with 1048 viewsPrivate_Partz

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 15:04 - Mar 6 by dgt73

Could have reached the top if not for injuries. I was there at Swindon when he got injured and never really recovered from that.

I agree with that. Probably for the first time ever ;-)
OTJ was being hailed as a top prospect until his injury. Afterward he could never hit those heights becoming a lower league player and picking up a few Welsh caps. Sorry he has has to retire early.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 19:17 - Mar 6 with 1046 viewsRancid

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 19:05 - Mar 6 by SirParlayMBE

In our rise many bad players have been made to look average. McDonald had more talent in his little toe than OTJ had in his considerable frame... and McDonald was probably the epitome of average. OTJ in any other side would look like the league of Wales player he was... and to be fair he more often looked like that for us anyway. He was always looked at through rose tinted speccies because he was "welsh innit mun".

He had a couple of good games for us and scored a few if i remember which led us to believe there was something there but 250k back then was a lot of dosh to us and he was sold with not much regret.
Owain tudur Jones retirement on 19:38 - Mar 6 with 1023 viewsperchrockjack

Only west wirral, drove, only west

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 21:30 - Mar 6 with 963 viewsJackfath

Well good luck Owain.

Hope the next stage in your life is more successful.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 21:33 - Mar 6 with 962 viewsKilkennyjack

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 15:20 - Mar 6 by Pegojack

Very true, he was a mediocre to crap midfielder at a time when we were desperately short of decent centre backs. He'd played in that position early in his career, but didn't want to switch at the Swans. The rest, as they say, is history....

Is the correct answer ...

Beware of the Risen People

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 22:16 - Mar 6 with 932 viewsFrank_Lazarus

Not a particularly good footballer, but I'll say this for the kid. He came forward at Cardiff when some more talented players stood on the half way line ( is that you there, McLeod, you massive shithouse?) and scored his penalty.

Did the same for Hibs in their play off against Hamilton last year.

Got a bit of character, like. Good luck to him.
Owain tudur Jones retirement on 22:28 - Mar 6 with 918 viewspencoedjack

Shame to see his career has come to an end but in my top 10 sh*tSwans players list

Top will also be Dennis Lawrence
Owain tudur Jones retirement on 22:32 - Mar 6 with 912 viewsTNT

Could have reached the top if not for injuries. I was there at Swindon when he got injured and never really recovered from that.

Deja vu moment there...

...Phil Boersma anyone?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 22:54 - Mar 6 with 897 viewsStarsky

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 22:32 - Mar 6 by TNT

Deja vu moment there...

...Phil Boersma anyone?

Yes... I heard the Phil Boersma crack. Feck it was loud.

I should rephrase that but you oldies know what I meant.

It's just the internet, init.

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 23:40 - Mar 6 with 878 viewsperchrockjack

Yes.. It was

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 01:25 - Mar 7 with 863 viewsScoobyWho

Block on the line, or close to it, preventing a sure goal if I recall.
Never the same player after that injury. Reminded me of Andy Cooke, think he got broke at Hartlepool, another player who would have played far higher as well was Steve Jones. Quality player was Jonesy but the Ampadu killed him.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 06:14 - Mar 7 with 852 viewsItchySphincter

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 22:28 - Mar 6 by pencoedjack

Shame to see his career has come to an end but in my top 10 sh*tSwans players list

Top will also be Dennis Lawrence

He really wasn't that bad. always looked as if he had something about him but unfortunately never developed.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 06:16 - Mar 7 with 851 viewsItchySphincter

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 01:25 - Mar 7 by ScoobyWho

Block on the line, or close to it, preventing a sure goal if I recall.
Never the same player after that injury. Reminded me of Andy Cooke, think he got broke at Hartlepool, another player who would have played far higher as well was Steve Jones. Quality player was Jonesy but the Ampadu killed him.

Ewwwwwwwwwwww, that Steve Jones one was a bad on. Felt sorry for Pat after that too.

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 09:07 - Mar 7 with 822 viewstomdickharry

Correct, wasn't it at the open end of the ground in the six yard box,freezing cold day.Good player for us great shame about the injury and subsequent retirement.
Owain tudur Jones retirement on 09:18 - Mar 7 with 813 viewsdgt73

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 09:07 - Mar 7 by tomdickharry

Correct, wasn't it at the open end of the ground in the six yard box,freezing cold day.Good player for us great shame about the injury and subsequent retirement.

It was around xmas, new year time and over 3000 jacks up there. It didn't look serious at the time, but if i remember correctly he didn't play again that season. Regardless of some of the crap written on here OTJ had a bright future in the game until that particular day. He'll be ok I'd imagine, a very intelligent person. Good luck to him whatever path he now chooses.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 09:31 - Mar 7 with 807 viewsItchySphincter

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 09:18 - Mar 7 by dgt73

It was around xmas, new year time and over 3000 jacks up there. It didn't look serious at the time, but if i remember correctly he didn't play again that season. Regardless of some of the crap written on here OTJ had a bright future in the game until that particular day. He'll be ok I'd imagine, a very intelligent person. Good luck to him whatever path he now chooses.

Agree and iirc he was a bright boy. Physiotherapy or sports science degree or something similar?

Owain tudur Jones retirement on 10:07 - Mar 7 with 796 viewsacejack3065

Relatively speaking I never thought he was terrible. Was built to play centre half and never did so then injuries finished his swans career. He certainly had potential when we were in league 1.

Who knows what he could have developed into.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024