Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OFFICIAL Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? 01:04 - Mar 12 with 17720 viewsScoobyWho

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 7 Apr 2015 21:11]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 01:06 - Mar 12 with 5768 viewsScoobyWho

I'm torn between two, but will probably vote away from my normal choice.

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 07:28 - Mar 12 with 5732 viewsItchySphincter

You gotta laugh. How many would put their names next to UKIP?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 07:43 - Mar 12 with 5721 viewsLohengrin

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 07:28 - Mar 12 by ItchySphincter

Not me, but that bandwagon is picking up relentless speed. Virtually everybody I work with intends voting that way. They are, by and large, a pretty disenchanted lot who have next to no interest in what UKIP actually stand for they are all just looking for a stick to beat the old gang parties with.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 07:54 - Mar 12 with 5716 viewsSlugster664

I think you're right, people will vote away from the 2/3 major parties just because they are shite and spineless. Nothing to do with the policies of UKIP! I can't bring myself to do that and I am no way voting for the other lying comedians! For this I'm in the 'not voting' category.

STID

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 07:58 - Mar 12 with 5712 viewsItchySphincter

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 07:43 - Mar 12 by Lohengrin

Not me, but that bandwagon is picking up relentless speed. Virtually everybody I work with intends voting that way. They are, by and large, a pretty disenchanted lot who have next to no interest in what UKIP actually stand for they are all just looking for a stick to beat the old gang parties with.

The same lot that voted Lib Dem last time out then. I can see their point too tbh.

I'm going to really struggle to cast a vote this time.

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 08:03 - Mar 12 with 5711 viewsItchySphincter

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 07:54 - Mar 12 by Slugster664

I think you're right, people will vote away from the 2/3 major parties just because they are shite and spineless. Nothing to do with the policies of UKIP! I can't bring myself to do that and I am no way voting for the other lying comedians! For this I'm in the 'not voting' category.

If you don't vote you can't complain.

I'm struggling because in the past I may have voted in an attempt to prevent a certain Government but that doesn't seem to work anymore. By nature I'm not conservative but I really am completely an utterly disenchanted by Labour and previous experience says Lib Dem will deliver us a Tory win so where do we go from here?

I didn't think I'd ever say it but maybe we should just leave the Tories where they are in a better the devil you know situation.

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 08:13 - Mar 12 with 5706 viewsNeathJack

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 08:03 - Mar 12 by ItchySphincter

If you don't vote you can't complain.

I'm struggling because in the past I may have voted in an attempt to prevent a certain Government but that doesn't seem to work anymore. By nature I'm not conservative but I really am completely an utterly disenchanted by Labour and previous experience says Lib Dem will deliver us a Tory win so where do we go from here?

I didn't think I'd ever say it but maybe we should just leave the Tories where they are in a better the devil you know situation.

I used to say the same regarding the 'if you don't vote you can't complain' mantra.

In the last few years though I've been seriously considering not voting for the first time in 23 years simply because none of them are even close to being worthy of my cross in the ballot paper and I no longer believe i should simply select the least worst option.

In good old Monty Brewster style, I'm leaning towards sspoiling my ballot paper with 'None of the above'.
Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 08:34 - Mar 12 with 5692 viewsC_jack

I will abstain.

My vote doesn't count for anything unless I vote for the party that wins.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Login to get fewer ads

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 10:59 - Mar 12 with 5617 viewsLohengrin

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 07:58 - Mar 12 by ItchySphincter

The same lot that voted Lib Dem last time out then. I can see their point too tbh.

I'm going to really struggle to cast a vote this time.

Not really, no. Whenever they have voted in the past it's always tended to be Labour. Not because of any deep understanding of, or attachment to, Labour's precepts (can you sink foundations on shifting sands?) rather that's the way their parents tended to vote.

I wonder if public faith in politicians has ever been as breached as it is now?
[Post edited 12 Mar 2015 11:01]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 11:05 - Mar 12 with 5613 viewsBadgeman

Has to be Labour otherwise the Tories get in, such is the state of our democracy. At least the candidates in Swansea East and Gower used to be working class.

If you think UKIP is a protest vote then you're a complete moron. They represent every bit as much of the establishment as the other main parties with some nasty ultra thatcherite policies thrown in to boot. If you vote UKIP because you think their policies represent you then you're also a moron unless you're a massive racist who wants the NHS privatized, employment rights scrapped, mass de-regulation of the financial services and loads of other sh*t deemed too right wing for Dave Cameron's new era Tory party.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 11:34 - Mar 12 with 5600 viewsepaul

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 11:05 - Mar 12 by Badgeman

Has to be Labour otherwise the Tories get in, such is the state of our democracy. At least the candidates in Swansea East and Gower used to be working class.

If you think UKIP is a protest vote then you're a complete moron. They represent every bit as much of the establishment as the other main parties with some nasty ultra thatcherite policies thrown in to boot. If you vote UKIP because you think their policies represent you then you're also a moron unless you're a massive racist who wants the NHS privatized, employment rights scrapped, mass de-regulation of the financial services and loads of other sh*t deemed too right wing for Dave Cameron's new era Tory party.

bang on the money my good man, UKIP are a haven for the BNP and Britain First scum as well
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/03/11/farage-makes-breathtaking-remark-that

Farage is an odious failed city boy racist

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 11:38 - Mar 12 with 5599 viewsItchySphincter

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 10:59 - Mar 12 by Lohengrin

Not really, no. Whenever they have voted in the past it's always tended to be Labour. Not because of any deep understanding of, or attachment to, Labour's precepts (can you sink foundations on shifting sands?) rather that's the way their parents tended to vote.

I wonder if public faith in politicians has ever been as breached as it is now?
[Post edited 12 Mar 2015 11:01]

Incredible yet totally understandable. A lot of people will still base their vote on tradition though but I wouldn't be surprised to see UKIP make strides at the expense of Labour.

I'd love a return to polarised left/right agendas instead of of a frantic race to the middle ground.

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 11:43 - Mar 12 with 5593 viewsItchySphincter

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 11:05 - Mar 12 by Badgeman

I can understand your sentiments to some degree but what I don't understand is why you think Labour is preferable to Tory? It's not an antagonistic question btw and I would probably have come out with similar rhetoric in the past but I just don't see it anymore.

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 11:46 - Mar 12 with 5591 viewsbuilthjack

Difficult one.
Tories - Hospitals are now in a hell of a state and going to get worse. Schools are struggling big time, most are now charitable status with their own charity shops trying to make up the shortfalls. Councils are on their knees. So definitely a no.
Labour - seem a bunch of bumbling idiots these days, and need a decent leader. So a no.
Lib Dems - Tory hangers on. So another no.
Plaid - never going to get in where I live.
UKIP - On a bit of a wave as the other parties are so useless, and people are looking for an alternative.
Isn't there a modern day screaming Lord Sutch as he could get a lot of votes!
The country is in a mess.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 11:50 - Mar 12 with 5590 viewsGreatBritton

Like many others here I feel disenfranchised by the appalling posturing of the major parties. I care about education, health and social issues; I despise it that we are beholden to the USA for our putative (and ridiculous) nuclear deterrent; I want more money but no government is not going to give me that.

According to a questionnaire i did recently Plaid Cymru is the party closest to my values and beliefs. Somehow I an't vote for them though.

I think I'll spoil my ballot paper and try to be more active in my community
Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 12:55 - Mar 12 with 5549 viewsBadgeman

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 11:43 - Mar 12 by ItchySphincter

I can understand your sentiments to some degree but what I don't understand is why you think Labour is preferable to Tory? It's not an antagonistic question btw and I would probably have come out with similar rhetoric in the past but I just don't see it anymore.

I'll give you a genuine answer. The only reason I find them more palatable is because of the local candidates. At the end of the day I'm voting for the person who will be my MP in parliament. I was under the impression that I was in Swansea East but apparently Llangyfelach for the most part is located in Gower. This came as quite a shock as I was only informed of this when I recieved election literature that was aimed at voters in "Gower". This seat is a straight Labour/Tory race so any other vote is wasted. My vote will at least count for something as that is the only way to increase its value. By and large I'm quite left wing on most things and the Labour Party has continuously f**ked me off since Tony Bliar took office so I'd quite happily spite them if it made them value my vote a bit more in the future.

I've spoken to both Carolyn Harris and Liz Evans of the Labour party in the last two months and they are infinitely more desirable characters I'd want to be my MP compared to their conservative and Liberal counterparts. It is almost guaranteed that my next MP will either be Liz Evans or Byron Davies so my decision has to be made rationally in which one I'd prefer.

Byron Davies is a contemptible man who is clearly only in it for himself and the social prestige that comes with the title. He's been a terrible Assembly Member, not attending what he's supposed to and falling out with pretty much everyone in the Senedd. A political backbone is nothing to be ashamed of but not going to a committee because you don't like your boss as a person is absolutely outrageous. I wish I could do that in my job. He's happy to bemoan service cuts and dogsh*t on pavements but of all the people running he's had the best opportunity to impact some change and he's failed to do so. There is nothing that he's done as an AM which makes me think he deserves a shot at Parliament.

I spoke to Liz Evans not long after Christmas. I had practically no idea who she was or what she stood for. After a conversation with her she came across as an intelligent, well spoken candidate but quite normal and very on the level. She said that she was from Hafod and her father was a submariner in the Second World War. Her opinions were fairly left wing and she said that she had already disagreed with people within the party on quite a bit. If she gets to parliament I'd very much like it if she kept that up because some people in that building need to ask themselves why they went into politics. As a former public sector worker she wants to go into politics to protect ordinary working people. She may not carry that through but at least she's coming from a background where she know what effect the decisions and cuts have on normal people. It's easy to slash budgets when you have no empathy.

Having spoken to the candidates for our area they definitely do not come from the Tristram Hunt/Chuku Umunna and soon to be Stephen Kinnock wing of the party and this pleases me greatly.

Its quite a long post but my father drilled into me the importance and power of a vote. I'd hate to upset him by becoming apathetic.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 15:29 - Mar 12 with 5510 viewsScoobyWho

Wow, UKIP and Labour neck and neck !
[Post edited 12 Mar 2015 15:30]

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 18:33 - Mar 12 with 5473 viewsacejack3065

Ed Miliband is a gooch but we're f**ked if the Eton mess get back in. I really f**king hate the Tories and what they do. Born to rule upper class scum.

I've had a bad day...
Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 19:59 - Mar 12 with 5447 viewsquiff

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 18:33 - Mar 12 by acejack3065

Ed Miliband is a gooch but we're f**ked if the Eton mess get back in. I really f**king hate the Tories and what they do. Born to rule upper class scum.

I've had a bad day...

This, I'm no defender of the Labour party, but anyone that values the NHS and anything resembling public services needs to realise that will be gone if the Tories get back in.

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 21:25 - Mar 12 with 5415 viewsjohnlangy

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 12:55 - Mar 12 by Badgeman

I'll give you a genuine answer. The only reason I find them more palatable is because of the local candidates. At the end of the day I'm voting for the person who will be my MP in parliament. I was under the impression that I was in Swansea East but apparently Llangyfelach for the most part is located in Gower. This came as quite a shock as I was only informed of this when I recieved election literature that was aimed at voters in "Gower". This seat is a straight Labour/Tory race so any other vote is wasted. My vote will at least count for something as that is the only way to increase its value. By and large I'm quite left wing on most things and the Labour Party has continuously f**ked me off since Tony Bliar took office so I'd quite happily spite them if it made them value my vote a bit more in the future.

I've spoken to both Carolyn Harris and Liz Evans of the Labour party in the last two months and they are infinitely more desirable characters I'd want to be my MP compared to their conservative and Liberal counterparts. It is almost guaranteed that my next MP will either be Liz Evans or Byron Davies so my decision has to be made rationally in which one I'd prefer.

Byron Davies is a contemptible man who is clearly only in it for himself and the social prestige that comes with the title. He's been a terrible Assembly Member, not attending what he's supposed to and falling out with pretty much everyone in the Senedd. A political backbone is nothing to be ashamed of but not going to a committee because you don't like your boss as a person is absolutely outrageous. I wish I could do that in my job. He's happy to bemoan service cuts and dogsh*t on pavements but of all the people running he's had the best opportunity to impact some change and he's failed to do so. There is nothing that he's done as an AM which makes me think he deserves a shot at Parliament.

I spoke to Liz Evans not long after Christmas. I had practically no idea who she was or what she stood for. After a conversation with her she came across as an intelligent, well spoken candidate but quite normal and very on the level. She said that she was from Hafod and her father was a submariner in the Second World War. Her opinions were fairly left wing and she said that she had already disagreed with people within the party on quite a bit. If she gets to parliament I'd very much like it if she kept that up because some people in that building need to ask themselves why they went into politics. As a former public sector worker she wants to go into politics to protect ordinary working people. She may not carry that through but at least she's coming from a background where she know what effect the decisions and cuts have on normal people. It's easy to slash budgets when you have no empathy.

Having spoken to the candidates for our area they definitely do not come from the Tristram Hunt/Chuku Umunna and soon to be Stephen Kinnock wing of the party and this pleases me greatly.

Its quite a long post but my father drilled into me the importance and power of a vote. I'd hate to upset him by becoming apathetic.

A great post. Thank you very much.
Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 21:30 - Mar 12 with 5407 viewsSCB1985

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 07:28 - Mar 12 by ItchySphincter

UKIP for me, nothing to be ashamed of.

Poll: whats more important to you

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 21:51 - Mar 12 with 5390 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

fack my eyes

ukip , i hate to say it but we would be better off with the tories

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 01:26 - Mar 13 with 5355 viewsItchySphincter

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 19:59 - Mar 12 by quiff

This, I'm no defender of the Labour party, but anyone that values the NHS and anything resembling public services needs to realise that will be gone if the Tories get back in.

Why does no one mention the super computer that they wasted billions on - then binned when it didn't work, or the layers of admin and middle management they added when championing Labour and the NHS. They might have ringfenced funding but it didn't stop them wasting that money.

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 04:17 - Mar 13 with 5343 viewsScoobyWho

UKIP steaming ahead !

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 08:16 - Mar 13 with 5316 viewsacejack3065

Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ? on 01:26 - Mar 13 by ItchySphincter

Why does no one mention the super computer that they wasted billions on - then binned when it didn't work, or the layers of admin and middle management they added when championing Labour and the NHS. They might have ringfenced funding but it didn't stop them wasting that money.

Wasting money isn't something that's party political. It's usually down to the misguided efforts of some quim politician and the complete set of cretins that their relying on around them. Governments always end up wasting money on vanity projects and IT f**k ups. Look at Ian Duncan Smiths Universal Credit scheme. Universal credit isn't actually a bad idea as such but the IT capabilities of delivering it are riddled with technical issues have proven to be exceptionally expensive.

Governments always tell us to tighten our belts whilst simultaneously pouring our money into a shredder. It's bare faced hypocrisy and it's one of the reasons on an ever growing list as to why people are becoming disenfranchised with politics.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024