Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ryan Mason 22:10 - Mar 23 with 2949 viewspencoedjack

Is he Delph/Barkley currently playing better than JJS ?

Or is the England manager a fool ?
Ryan Mason on 22:26 - Mar 23 with 2120 viewsKilkennyjack

JJS is a better player.

Beware of the Risen People

Ryan Mason on 22:35 - Mar 23 with 2094 viewsNeathJack

Lets be honest here, the FA couldn't make it any more obvious that there is an agenda against picking Swans players if they opened a stall outside the Liberty selling "Sign for Swansea and you won't get capped" t-shirts.

The only time anyone has had a look in is when Monk embarrassed Woy into a token visit resulting in a token call up for JJS who was out of form at the time.

Time for Garry to bring it up again I would say given the form of JJS and Cork.
Ryan Mason on 22:41 - Mar 23 with 2084 viewsLohengrin

Ryan Mason on 22:35 - Mar 23 by NeathJack

Lets be honest here, the FA couldn't make it any more obvious that there is an agenda against picking Swans players if they opened a stall outside the Liberty selling "Sign for Swansea and you won't get capped" t-shirts.

The only time anyone has had a look in is when Monk embarrassed Woy into a token visit resulting in a token call up for JJS who was out of form at the time.

Time for Garry to bring it up again I would say given the form of JJS and Cork.

Cork's a good shout.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Ryan Mason on 22:47 - Mar 23 with 2074 viewsDull1Thomas

Shelvey is not an international quality player in terms of skill, concentration, professionalism or consistency.
He gets away with a few minutes of great play, some sensible play but an awful lot of rubbish and going missing for long periods of games. A few speculative passes and shots together with a few tantrums really aren't impressive.
He doesn't know if he's a number 10, a forward midfield player or defensive midfield player and as such roams around aimlessly for large parts of most games.
Add to that how easily he can be wound up and on a good day he's mid / lower premier league standard.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Ryan Mason on 23:08 - Mar 23 with 2024 viewsScoobyWho

JJS has a gift, he is learning to use that gift, it's taking longer than it would with most, but he is improving, He scores glorious goals, generates energy in to the Swansea midfield and is slowly building an excellent relationship with Gylfi and Cork in the middle with Ki. These four are the best and finest I gave seen in the middle of the park for the swans for years.

Those four for me are as good as any four working together in the premier league.
And JJS work rate, attitude, commitment and education is constantly improving,

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Ryan Mason on 01:39 - Mar 24 with 1935 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Ryan Mason on 22:47 - Mar 23 by Dull1Thomas

Shelvey is not an international quality player in terms of skill, concentration, professionalism or consistency.
He gets away with a few minutes of great play, some sensible play but an awful lot of rubbish and going missing for long periods of games. A few speculative passes and shots together with a few tantrums really aren't impressive.
He doesn't know if he's a number 10, a forward midfield player or defensive midfield player and as such roams around aimlessly for large parts of most games.
Add to that how easily he can be wound up and on a good day he's mid / lower premier league standard.

Fu ck my eyes

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Ryan Mason on 01:45 - Mar 24 with 1935 viewssnork44

Woy is a cretin of the first order. When Routs,Dyer and Shelvey were in scintillating form at the start of the season I said if Nathan at the time who was absolute mustard was scoring 4 goals every game and beating seven players for each of the goals the moron still wouldn't pick a Swansea player in form. Woy likes the big clubs and dislikes us even more. All we need to do is emulate the form Southampton has achieved next season it would be hard for the prat to ignore our players, but hoping for Hodgson to do that is as likely as the Queen being named as the next Pope. Other countries pick our players,Argentina,Poland, South Korea and Spain have picked our players yet England think they are above picking any players from a Welsh club. Is it that we are embarrassing the clubs in the Premier League by achieving a comfortable position in the league by doing things the right way and that sticks in the craw of a lot of clubs, see how Boothroyd got an England call up at Cardiff. They recognize profligate clubs like the mess up the road, but a club that is frugal and well run they shun like a pariah.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2015 10:32]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Ryan Mason on 06:22 - Mar 24 with 1877 viewsjackal

When Jonjo was in the squad, I believe that he was the only player who didn't get on the pitch. Even for a couple of minutes as a sub in a friendly.
Login to get fewer ads

Ryan Mason on 06:40 - Mar 24 with 1861 viewssomersetsimon

We're not arguing whether JJS is top international quality, we're arguing whether he's good enough for England. Not the same thing.
Ryan Mason on 07:32 - Mar 24 with 1812 viewsDr_Winston

After all the hype about Barkley last season, a season in which Shelvey outperformed him in basically every important category (goals, assists, key passes etc) I wouldn't mind betting that he's done it again this season too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ryan Mason on 07:57 - Mar 24 with 1791 viewspencoedjack

Ryan Mason on 07:32 - Mar 24 by Dr_Winston

After all the hype about Barkley last season, a season in which Shelvey outperformed him in basically every important category (goals, assists, key passes etc) I wouldn't mind betting that he's done it again this season too.

Barkley & his Everton pal Stones .... 2 of the most overrated English players in many a year.

And there have been a few
Ryan Mason on 09:05 - Mar 24 with 1745 viewsLeonisGod

That's the JJS of old. He's been our main driving force under this new system playing a well-disciplined role defensively and still making us tick going forward. I've not seen a huge amount of mason, but from what I have seen I'd rather have JJS in his current form.

Edit. I like the look of Delph; wouldn't mind him here if we lose midfielders over the summer. Barkley seems to be having a mare this season, not helped by Roberto sticking him in a deep lying role at one point where he was soon found wanting (after a couple of good initial performances).
[Post edited 24 Mar 2015 9:08]
Ryan Mason on 14:50 - Mar 24 with 1573 viewsfootball2301

I've seen some shit on here but this takes the biscuit wat an absolute c. nt
Ryan Mason on 16:14 - Mar 24 with 1529 viewsAustinIsOurHero

What kind of midfielder is Mason - Attacking, Deep Lying, Box to Box? Not really seen a lot of him.

Surely given the form Cork has shown for us & Southampton then he deserves a call?

Mind, Bertrand of Southampton is streets ahead of Luke Shaw, Danny Rose, Keiron Gibbs, but never gets a look in either.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Ryan Mason on 16:22 - Mar 24 with 1510 viewsPegojack

Any national football association other than the inept English FA would have had 'Woy' out of the door five minutes after he returned to the UK after his and the team's abject failure in the last World Cup. Embarrassing doesn't begin to describe it.
Ryan Mason on 16:22 - Mar 24 with 1510 viewsDafyddHuw

Ryan Mason doesn't give the ball away on the edge of his penalty area.
Ryan Mason doesn't make hollywood passes, some of which work.
WHen you pick Ryan Mason for your team, you always know which Ryan Mason will turn up.
Ryan Mason on 17:57 - Mar 24 with 1458 viewsTreforys_Jack

Not really sure if JJS is currently worth an England place,as he goes from 1 extreme to the other. However I think he has the potential and is definitely getting more consistent. If he was Welsh or Scottish, he'd have about 50 caps by now.
Ryan Mason on 18:01 - Mar 24 with 1447 viewsC_jack

JJS must be the only player in the country who the consensus and opinion can vigorously yo yo from International superstar, to useless clogger, and then back to International superstar again.

A bit of consistency, if you please.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Ryan Mason on 18:04 - Mar 24 with 1443 viewsSwanjaxs

Jack Cork will get a call up very soon! I'll put my last quid on that!!!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Ryan Mason on 18:18 - Mar 24 with 1421 viewspencoedjack

Ryan Mason on 16:14 - Mar 24 by AustinIsOurHero

What kind of midfielder is Mason - Attacking, Deep Lying, Box to Box? Not really seen a lot of him.

Surely given the form Cork has shown for us & Southampton then he deserves a call?

Mind, Bertrand of Southampton is streets ahead of Luke Shaw, Danny Rose, Keiron Gibbs, but never gets a look in either.

Got to admit I'm a big fan of Gibbs (surprised he is not always an Arsenal starter) the others I agree with you.
Ryan Mason on 20:07 - Mar 24 with 1350 viewsfootball2301

Ryan Mason on 16:22 - Mar 24 by DafyddHuw

Ryan Mason doesn't give the ball away on the edge of his penalty area.
Ryan Mason doesn't make hollywood passes, some of which work.
WHen you pick Ryan Mason for your team, you always know which Ryan Mason will turn up.

Another complete bell
Ryan Mason on 20:11 - Mar 24 with 1347 viewsfootball2301

Ryan Mason on 17:57 - Mar 24 by Treforys_Jack

Not really sure if JJS is currently worth an England place,as he goes from 1 extreme to the other. However I think he has the potential and is definitely getting more consistent. If he was Welsh or Scottish, he'd have about 50 caps by now.

He's the most inform midfielder at the moment just been nominated for player of the month and goal of the month barclay dosnt even get to start and in his own admission on england website says he's out of form and hopes to get it back and he's selected it's embaressing
Ryan Mason on 21:41 - Mar 24 with 1295 viewssherpajacob

It's no coincidence that jjs form and consistency has improved since cork arrived..

Watching cork and ki together v Liverpool reminded me of the defensive wall petit and viera gave arsenal a few years back.

That gives jjs the freedom to do his stuff. He's no berkamp, but he's probably the closest England have. Which still isn't very close.

It's too early for cork for England, but if he continues his current form he has to be in the squad.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Ryan Mason on 21:46 - Mar 24 with 1287 viewsTreforys_Jack

Ryan Mason on 21:41 - Mar 24 by sherpajacob

It's no coincidence that jjs form and consistency has improved since cork arrived..

Watching cork and ki together v Liverpool reminded me of the defensive wall petit and viera gave arsenal a few years back.

That gives jjs the freedom to do his stuff. He's no berkamp, but he's probably the closest England have. Which still isn't very close.

It's too early for cork for England, but if he continues his current form he has to be in the squad.

Agree with pretty much most of that..
Ryan Mason on 22:38 - Mar 24 with 1246 viewssherpajacob

It's not swans players in the England squad we need to worry about.
When England f**k up at Euro 2016, they'll be looking for a new manager.
The highest placed English manager in PL is our own Gaza.

So if the FA have to choose between Gary monk or "lump it to the big man" allardyce.

Actually thinking about it I'll nip down to.Ladbrokes tomorrow and put some money on big sam for next England manager.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024