Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The "Mini-Leagues" Update 08:47 - Mar 24 with 2131 viewsGlyn1

http://tinyurl.com/mgpn6gq

This is the final table on the three mini-leagues, click on the arrow in the corner to enlarge it. The teams have been grouped by their final position last season, and a full explanation can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/n6xrqdn
[Post edited 25 May 2015 15:32]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The "Mini-Leagues" Update on 08:54 - Mar 24 with 2114 viewsLord_Bony

Shirley we are top of the middle league right now 8th position. It's our glass ceiling this season,looking at Southampton it's still withing our grasp to be consistently in the top 6 with the right squad in future....stretching it I know but possible.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The on 09:04 - Mar 24 with 2101 viewsGlyn1

The "Mini-Leagues" Update on 08:54 - Mar 24 by Lord_Bony

Shirley we are top of the middle league right now 8th position. It's our glass ceiling this season,looking at Southampton it's still withing our grasp to be consistently in the top 6 with the right squad in future....stretching it I know but possible.

Shirley?
[Post edited 24 Mar 2015 14:26]

The on 16:28 - Mar 24 with 1981 viewsMattG

The on 09:04 - Mar 24 by Glyn1

Shirley?
[Post edited 24 Mar 2015 14:26]

[Post edited 24 Mar 2015 16:28]
The "Mini-Leagues" Update on 17:42 - Mar 24 with 1949 viewsStarsky

I don't understand your opening comment.

Have you clicked on the attachment?

It's just the internet, init.

The "Mini-Leagues" Update on 18:22 - Mar 24 with 1916 viewssherpajacob

At the moment we are in a 3 team mini league with west ham and Stoke .

I would love it, love it, if we beat those two.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The "Mini-Leagues" Update on 18:42 - Mar 24 with 1895 viewsSwansNZ

10 points against the top teams is great — certainly much better than the 2 points won by MLs lie down and surrender tactics last season.

8 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat against those bottom teams is exceptional. I would imagine that stacks up very well even if you added all the top teams results v those bottom teams.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The "Mini-Leagues" Update on 19:47 - Mar 24 with 1860 viewsStarsky

The "Mini-Leagues" Update on 18:22 - Mar 24 by sherpajacob

At the moment we are in a 3 team mini league with west ham and Stoke .

I would love it, love it, if we beat those two.

Are you Kevin Keegan?

The "Mini-Leagues" Update on 15:28 - Mar 26 with 1670 viewsDafyddHuw

Yup, we're top of the middle, not bottom of the top.

Finishing 8th this season would be equivalent to winning the Prem.
Login to get fewer ads

The "Mini-Leagues" Update on 16:59 - Mar 26 with 1644 viewsSwansNZ

The "Mini-Leagues" Update on 15:28 - Mar 26 by DafyddHuw

Yup, we're top of the middle, not bottom of the top.

Finishing 8th this season would be equivalent to winning the Prem.

It’s not about where we are on the PL table, but the results against each set/group (or mini-league) of teams

Finishing 8th would not be equivalent to winning the PL - you'd say Southampton would have run away with that.

The "Mini-Leagues" Update on 20:44 - Mar 26 with 1610 viewsStarsky

The "Mini-Leagues" Update on 16:59 - Mar 26 by SwansNZ

It’s not about where we are on the PL table, but the results against each set/group (or mini-league) of teams

Finishing 8th would not be equivalent to winning the PL - you'd say Southampton would have run away with that.

You can tell who hasn't clicked on the attachments.

The on 20:46 - Mar 26 with 1606 viewsSwansNZ

The "Mini-Leagues" Update on 20:44 - Mar 26 by Starsky

You can tell who hasn't clicked on the attachments.

What attachments?

Maybe it's all a bit too much for some to work out.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2015 20:47]

The on 21:11 - Mar 26 with 1588 viewsGlyn1

And moving onwards, just see where Everton, Hull and Leicester are in those tables. I've really got a good feeling about those three matches.

UPDATE: Which shows how much I don't know about football.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2015 14:33]

The on 14:25 - Apr 27 with 1412 viewsGlyn1

Not too much to say this time around.

Firstly, we've now completed our fixtures against the Bottom League teams and ended up with a thumping 28 points, i.e. 7 points better than last year. The win against Newcastle makes our Middle League position slightly more respectable.

Secondly, I'd like to make a point about how competitive or otherwise the Premier League is. I grouped the teams into the three mini-leagues based on their finishing places last season, which A Fans Dad and others pointed out didn't allow for teams improving or getting worse this time around. However, it's surprising to me how consistent these tables are. Yes, anyone can beat anyone but overall, it tends to even out.

In real life, only four clubs have moved out of the table that they were in last year. Southampton have gone up and Everton have gone down. West Brom have gone up (almost certainly thanks to Tony Pulis) and Sunderland have gone down. And that's it. If you're a middle-ranking team then you're unlikely to be sucked into a relegation dogfight next season, which I guess we should find comforting.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2015 14:34]

The "Mini-Leagues" Update on 14:47 - Apr 27 with 1366 viewsGreatBritton

Very comforting. We now need to be consistent in our demolition of lower sides and get a few more draws or better against teams like Spurs, City and Chelsea, which is possible, of course. I'm happy about sharing the 6 points with Saints, Everton and even West Ham and Stoke because that keeps us ticking over. We need to teach the upcoming clubs a bit of a lesson too, as we did v Burnley and QPR this year.
The on 15:48 - May 25 with 1075 viewsGlyn1

And here's the final, completed mini-league table.

There's not too much for me to say about it. Overall, if you compare these tables with real life then teams that have done better than expected at the start of the season are Southampton (who were exceptional), West Brom (the Tony Pulis effect) and Leicester (simply for avoiding relegation). Teams who have done worse than expected are Everton, Sunderland, and of course Newcastle who were absolutely atrocious.

With regard to Swansea, we've scored and conceded fewer goals than last season, and also have a worse goal difference but nevertheless have ended up with 14 more points, which is amazing. Despite the disappointing performance yesterday against Palace this has been a fantastic season for us, so thank you Swansea!
[Post edited 25 May 2015 15:50]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024