Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler 09:12 - Mar 25 with 13757 viewsDarran

There's some pathetic people in the world.

https://thejackarmy.net/threads/phil-sumbler.7494/

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 12:57 - Mar 26 with 1469 viewsDewi1jack

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 22:13 - Mar 25 by builthjack

Put lino

Think tiles look far smarter than lino.
Easier to clean as well

Starsk.
Definitely stay away from laminate in your kitchen

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 19:46 - Mar 26 with 1374 viewsPhil_S

HAng on a mo this is a thread about me why all of a sudden are people talking about lino
Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 19:47 - Mar 26 with 1371 views3swan

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 19:46 - Mar 26 by Phil_S

HAng on a mo this is a thread about me why all of a sudden are people talking about lino

Shouldn't that be the refs assistant
Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 19:48 - Mar 26 with 1364 viewsmonmouth

Lino is more interesting?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 19:51 - Mar 26 with 1354 viewsStarsky

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 19:48 - Mar 26 by monmouth

It's just the internet, init.

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 19:58 - Mar 26 with 1338 viewswaynekerr55

Has Perch suddenly become your PA Phil?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 20:46 - Mar 26 with 1311 viewsPhil_S

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 19:48 - Mar 26 by monmouth

It's hard to disagree with that as a viewpoint to be fair

I have no desire to discuss a conflict of interest anyway because there simply isn't one between running a fans website and the work I do as Chairman of the Trust

In terms of payments then the one that is most important to me is the one that takes most of my time and that is the full time job!!

And Clive is right it should be referees assistant although that would make the kitchen floor a bit lumpy

And to waynekerr RANCOur
Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 01:12 - Mar 27 with 1224 viewsScoobyWho

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 20:46 - Mar 26 by Phil_S

It's hard to disagree with that as a viewpoint to be fair

I have no desire to discuss a conflict of interest anyway because there simply isn't one between running a fans website and the work I do as Chairman of the Trust

In terms of payments then the one that is most important to me is the one that takes most of my time and that is the full time job!!

And Clive is right it should be referees assistant although that would make the kitchen floor a bit lumpy

And to waynekerr RANCOur

You only have to do an Internet search to read about what you did back in the 90's etc Phil. I don't see the names of these bell ends mentioned at all. And then since that time you have been a constant, so basically fck em, and I mean very slowly, so it hurts.

I'm not sure why they even get mentioned, they sound to me like a bunch of money warriors hoping to cash in on the sale, trust, board or whatever, and earn themselves the possibility of having a few freebies based on their position if it was ever earned, which it never will be.

If any of them had any guts at all they would have been at the last meeting, made themselves known and gone about their business transparently. They didn't, and the reason why is clear to the majortiy.

Fck em.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2015 1:14]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 08:01 - Mar 27 with 1191 viewsPhil_S

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 01:12 - Mar 27 by ScoobyWho

You only have to do an Internet search to read about what you did back in the 90's etc Phil. I don't see the names of these bell ends mentioned at all. And then since that time you have been a constant, so basically fck em, and I mean very slowly, so it hurts.

I'm not sure why they even get mentioned, they sound to me like a bunch of money warriors hoping to cash in on the sale, trust, board or whatever, and earn themselves the possibility of having a few freebies based on their position if it was ever earned, which it never will be.

If any of them had any guts at all they would have been at the last meeting, made themselves known and gone about their business transparently. They didn't, and the reason why is clear to the majortiy.

Fck em.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2015 1:14]

The reality is I played a very small part in a very big picture. There are many people on here (and in our fanbase) that played a part in getting this club back into local hands where it has prospered. I won't even attempt to name them because I will miss out people and I have no desire to offend anyone by forgetting what they did. My mind will always drift to the meeting in the Builders (that was referred to in JTAK) and the people around that table all doing their little bit to get Petty gone. There are people who played a massive influence in how I changed my own view on how I see the club and how important it is - they know who they are - and I am always grateful for people like them

It is a complete myth that people get banned from here for criticising the Trust. There are many posters on here who have expressed their own concerns and in some places the concerns are valid. Do we communicate enough? No. Will we ever communicate enough? I am not sure that we will but we are getting better. We do many things behind the scenes that we take for granted and we probably should shout more about it but we don't

Do I do enough for the Trust? Again, possibly not but I have said on here many times in the last 10 years (where did those 10 years go) that I got involved because I thought I could make a difference - if anyone believes the same then please get involved. If that long term (or even short term) becomes at the expense of my place on the board then that is the point of a democracy. My passion for the organisation will never change and that is far more important than any one personality. It's really that simple.

I have been accused by one former Trust board member of being freeloading. I have bought 2 season tickets for around 13 years and I miss probably 2-3 home games a season. The tickets get given away (normally to family) so the seat is occupied. As a Trust board we have 2/3 places in the boardroom every game and it is important that we are seen as an integral part of the club and we use them. We are the third biggest shareholder and it is important that we get seen to be that shareholder not just by other shareholders but by visiting clubs or clubs that we visit. I'm a football fan and I watch the Swans, my place is in the East Stand, the rest of it is part of my volunteer work. If I never experienced it again, I would lose no sleep.

At the last meeting we made it perfectly clear what we had done with regards to the American buyers and I think most questions were answered in full. There were questions not related to the buyers that were asked and we answered each of them head on with honest answers. That has been widely accepted and many of the concerns were addressed.

I have been involved in running this website since 1st July 2001, I have no intention of stopping running it although you will notice with a glance at the front page that it doesn't have the love and attention that it always deserves in terms of updating. I value my position on the Trust board and in May I will stand again for re-election as per our constitution. I may get re-elected, I may not. If I do I would like to have my position as Chairman renewed for the 12 month term that it gets renewed for. If that doesn't happen then so be it. But whatever happens, come August I will pay my £10 (and probably the £25 that I donate monthly) to renew my membership because I value my vote as a member more than any of it.

Life really is very simple

And finally, if anyone would like a copy of "From Graveyard to Ambition" then please PM me and we can sort payment and postage.
Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 08:44 - Mar 27 with 1170 viewsbuilthjack

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 08:01 - Mar 27 by Phil_S

The reality is I played a very small part in a very big picture. There are many people on here (and in our fanbase) that played a part in getting this club back into local hands where it has prospered. I won't even attempt to name them because I will miss out people and I have no desire to offend anyone by forgetting what they did. My mind will always drift to the meeting in the Builders (that was referred to in JTAK) and the people around that table all doing their little bit to get Petty gone. There are people who played a massive influence in how I changed my own view on how I see the club and how important it is - they know who they are - and I am always grateful for people like them

It is a complete myth that people get banned from here for criticising the Trust. There are many posters on here who have expressed their own concerns and in some places the concerns are valid. Do we communicate enough? No. Will we ever communicate enough? I am not sure that we will but we are getting better. We do many things behind the scenes that we take for granted and we probably should shout more about it but we don't

Do I do enough for the Trust? Again, possibly not but I have said on here many times in the last 10 years (where did those 10 years go) that I got involved because I thought I could make a difference - if anyone believes the same then please get involved. If that long term (or even short term) becomes at the expense of my place on the board then that is the point of a democracy. My passion for the organisation will never change and that is far more important than any one personality. It's really that simple.

I have been accused by one former Trust board member of being freeloading. I have bought 2 season tickets for around 13 years and I miss probably 2-3 home games a season. The tickets get given away (normally to family) so the seat is occupied. As a Trust board we have 2/3 places in the boardroom every game and it is important that we are seen as an integral part of the club and we use them. We are the third biggest shareholder and it is important that we get seen to be that shareholder not just by other shareholders but by visiting clubs or clubs that we visit. I'm a football fan and I watch the Swans, my place is in the East Stand, the rest of it is part of my volunteer work. If I never experienced it again, I would lose no sleep.

At the last meeting we made it perfectly clear what we had done with regards to the American buyers and I think most questions were answered in full. There were questions not related to the buyers that were asked and we answered each of them head on with honest answers. That has been widely accepted and many of the concerns were addressed.

I have been involved in running this website since 1st July 2001, I have no intention of stopping running it although you will notice with a glance at the front page that it doesn't have the love and attention that it always deserves in terms of updating. I value my position on the Trust board and in May I will stand again for re-election as per our constitution. I may get re-elected, I may not. If I do I would like to have my position as Chairman renewed for the 12 month term that it gets renewed for. If that doesn't happen then so be it. But whatever happens, come August I will pay my £10 (and probably the £25 that I donate monthly) to renew my membership because I value my vote as a member more than any of it.

And finally, if anyone would like a copy of "From Graveyard to Ambition" then please PM me and we can sort payment and postage.

Well said. It's so easy for people to sit in a chair from afar and be critical of those putting their time and effort in for free.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 08:57 - Mar 27 with 1159 viewsHumpty

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 08:01 - Mar 27 by Phil_S

I have no reason to doubt the hard work you've put in Phil. For the good of the club I love and not for your own personal gain. And I thank you for it.

But there's no getting away from the fact that as the Trust Chairman and owner of the main Swans forum you have a duty to see that this forum is run properly. It shouldn't be a little coterie of chums who run the thing to suit they're own purposes. You are Chairman of the trust. Your name is attached to this site. Therefore you have a duty to see that it is run properly.

For the last few years you have been happy to watch certain mods run amok. People who are in no way capable of running this site, which whether you like it or not, will always be associated with you personally. And therefore Swansea City Supporters Trust. Simple as that.

BTW I am in no way attached to the people residing on another certain forum. Just a concerned Swans fan.
Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 08:59 - Mar 27 with 1155 viewsperchrockjack

Im with Scooby on this one so that s a frightening thought in itself!..!
#
You understate your involvement Philip so be proud son of what you ve done and WHAT YOU STARTED

AND ffS stop ThE perCHP PlagarISsm wayne, I know WheER YOU love

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 09:24 - Mar 27 with 1136 viewsbuilthjack

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 08:57 - Mar 27 by Humpty

I have no reason to doubt the hard work you've put in Phil. For the good of the club I love and not for your own personal gain. And I thank you for it.

But there's no getting away from the fact that as the Trust Chairman and owner of the main Swans forum you have a duty to see that this forum is run properly. It shouldn't be a little coterie of chums who run the thing to suit they're own purposes. You are Chairman of the trust. Your name is attached to this site. Therefore you have a duty to see that it is run properly.

For the last few years you have been happy to watch certain mods run amok. People who are in no way capable of running this site, which whether you like it or not, will always be associated with you personally. And therefore Swansea City Supporters Trust. Simple as that.

BTW I am in no way attached to the people residing on another certain forum. Just a concerned Swans fan.

Are you Parlay. Straight yes or no please.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 09:35 - Mar 27 with 1128 viewsperchrockjack

Have you been in CID builth as you seem to have nobbled him again. He ll deny it but the contents of his posts are the same. He s come from nowhere and has also had the audacity to argue with me ffs.

Since the Filth were banned, we ve heard nothing about vested interests, disingenuous directors, Yanks shafting us etc. Strange that innit.

We ve also had less acrimony unquestionably.

Its simple... as IVE SAID BEFORE.

You either trust people who actively aid our club, like Sumb and the Chairman or internet nobheads who shout the odds from behind a PC and don't even turn up to discuss the "serious" concerns that were posted on this site. Dineen should only really feel ashamed for THAT meeting he attended with THAT individual.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 09:50 - Mar 27 with 1111 viewswhiterock

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 09:35 - Mar 27 by perchrockjack

Have you been in CID builth as you seem to have nobbled him again. He ll deny it but the contents of his posts are the same. He s come from nowhere and has also had the audacity to argue with me ffs.

Since the Filth were banned, we ve heard nothing about vested interests, disingenuous directors, Yanks shafting us etc. Strange that innit.

We ve also had less acrimony unquestionably.

Its simple... as IVE SAID BEFORE.

You either trust people who actively aid our club, like Sumb and the Chairman or internet nobheads who shout the odds from behind a PC and don't even turn up to discuss the "serious" concerns that were posted on this site. Dineen should only really feel ashamed for THAT meeting he attended with THAT individual.

The coward (as he called Garry Monk) lost all credibility when he didn't turn up for the Forum
Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 09:51 - Mar 27 with 1110 viewsDr_Winston

"we ve heard nothing about vested interests, disingenuous directors, Yanks shafting us etc. Strange that innit."

Strange that the attempt to sell a significant proportion of the club to individuals of dubious merit seems to have failed once it was made perfectly clear to those doing the selling that it was unacceptable? Funny that.

And as Darren's thread on another topic neatly illustrates, we still have a lot of incompetent people in important positions at the club. People who need to be challenged despite the hissy fits from others.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 10:05 - Mar 27 with 1095 viewsDewi1jack

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 09:51 - Mar 27 by Dr_Winston

"we ve heard nothing about vested interests, disingenuous directors, Yanks shafting us etc. Strange that innit."

Strange that the attempt to sell a significant proportion of the club to individuals of dubious merit seems to have failed once it was made perfectly clear to those doing the selling that it was unacceptable? Funny that.

And as Darren's thread on another topic neatly illustrates, we still have a lot of incompetent people in important positions at the club. People who need to be challenged despite the hissy fits from others.

Once again a pretty good summing up

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 10:30 - Mar 27 with 1078 viewsMrSwerve

When I read this forum, and see some disgusting things written, do I instantly think "omg Phil Sumbler owns this place so therefore he must be doing a crap job for the Trust!"?

No, I do not. In fact, it doesn't cross my mind. It's nothing to do with the work he is doing. It is called a fan's forum because there are different opinions on certain topics (even if some are wrong).

It's clear that some people don't like some posters on here (i.e. the mods of the past and present) and they use this 'ethics' thing to cause a stir. I'd really hate to be someone who makes an internet forum such a big part of their life and cause.

This forum is a good read and a good laugh, but then I log off and go about my daily life.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 10:43 - Mar 27 with 1059 viewsPhil_S

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 08:57 - Mar 27 by Humpty

This forum will always be associated with me you are right.

This forum is no more connected to Swansea City Supporters Trust than it was back in 2001 or in 2005 when I was elected to the Trust board for the first time.

And I really don't care whether you are attached to people on another forum or not, its not really relevant to the discussion

Would be intrigued to hear the views of others
Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 10:49 - Mar 27 with 1051 viewsPhil_S

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 08:59 - Mar 27 by perchrockjack

Im with Scooby on this one so that s a frightening thought in itself!..!
#
You understate your involvement Philip so be proud son of what you ve done and WHAT YOU STARTED

AND ffS stop ThE perCHP PlagarISsm wayne, I know WheER YOU love

I started nothing mate, even this site was gifted to me by Kieron McDonnell who was the first official owner of jackarmy.net
Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 11:00 - Mar 27 with 1042 viewsDarran

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 10:49 - Mar 27 by Phil_S

I started nothing mate, even this site was gifted to me by Kieron McDonnell who was the first official owner of jackarmy.net

Fell in lucky you minted tw*t.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 11:02 - Mar 27 with 1042 viewswhiterock

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 10:49 - Mar 27 by Phil_S

Some intellectual bullying goes on on all football sites, this site is no different, one particular chap was a nasty piece of work, threatened people if they stood up to him, he got banned, good riddance.

I say it again, we are 8th in what is supposed to be the best league in the world, oh for the heady days of Division 4.
Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 11:05 - Mar 27 with 1036 viewstomdickharry

To do things for the love of it attracts as much critique as being well paid to do similar things,Planet Swans is my first port of call each and every morning long may it last. Th Trust Board do a first class job with no remuneration,okay,one or two matters take time but eventually get sorted with the help and assistance of the Trust (the PInch Point behind the East & hopefully those dam LED lights) generally speaking we as a club are by far better off with the Trust than without.
Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 11:15 - Mar 27 with 1021 viewsswanjackal

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 10:43 - Mar 27 by Phil_S

This forum will always be associated with me you are right.

This forum is no more connected to Swansea City Supporters Trust than it was back in 2001 or in 2005 when I was elected to the Trust board for the first time.

And I really don't care whether you are attached to people on another forum or not, its not really relevant to the discussion

Would be intrigued to hear the views of others

I predominantly post on the other forum, but will say, as I have there numerous times, and has been mentioned here by others, it is a bit silly relating your position to the trust to your involvement in moderating this site, as they are separate entitites.

It does seem a lot of the problems arise through specific members of both sites not being able to share any common ground, getting into arguments/bitching about each other, which has caused some animosity/dislike between the forums. This in turn has led to bans, although sometimes necessary, the majority of which on both sites I disagree with how they have arisen, especially the ones brought about when the opposite sides of an argument are not punished equally despite sometimes doing worse things than the person banned. Bias on the sites has driven a divide between certain fans, and that is okay, that happens.

The problem lies in that people cannot separate the poster from the forum itself. There are some excellent posters on there, as there are on here, but there seems a group think mentality by a lot that if they disagree with a certain poster's post/thread title, then the whole forum is bad. To that, all I have to say is open your eyes and read all posts on a thread, and people may realise that posts on both sites are not that far away from each other as a general mix.

As for Phil_S, if he has mentioned anything personally through his account that has upset a person, or they have genuine problems with the modding of the site, then by all means let it be known, but to bring in a role independent of the site into question, mainly by the actions of others, is clutching at straws.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 11:21 - Mar 27 with 1013 viewsmonmouth

Aye, as SJ says, just another aspect of Forumwars isn't it? Any stick to beat the other forum with is grasped and nurtured. This time Phil's involvement is a convenient gripe for pretend outrage and attack. Best just ignored until detente breaks out. Post on one, post on the other, post on both, change your mind, change back. Really, who gives a flying fig.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024