Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler 09:12 - Mar 25 with 13754 viewsDarran

There's some pathetic people in the world.

https://thejackarmy.net/threads/phil-sumbler.7494/

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 11:27 - Mar 27 with 1645 viewsDarran

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 11:15 - Mar 27 by swanjackal

I predominantly post on the other forum, but will say, as I have there numerous times, and has been mentioned here by others, it is a bit silly relating your position to the trust to your involvement in moderating this site, as they are separate entitites.

It does seem a lot of the problems arise through specific members of both sites not being able to share any common ground, getting into arguments/bitching about each other, which has caused some animosity/dislike between the forums. This in turn has led to bans, although sometimes necessary, the majority of which on both sites I disagree with how they have arisen, especially the ones brought about when the opposite sides of an argument are not punished equally despite sometimes doing worse things than the person banned. Bias on the sites has driven a divide between certain fans, and that is okay, that happens.

The problem lies in that people cannot separate the poster from the forum itself. There are some excellent posters on there, as there are on here, but there seems a group think mentality by a lot that if they disagree with a certain poster's post/thread title, then the whole forum is bad. To that, all I have to say is open your eyes and read all posts on a thread, and people may realise that posts on both sites are not that far away from each other as a general mix.

As for Phil_S, if he has mentioned anything personally through his account that has upset a person, or they have genuine problems with the modding of the site, then by all means let it be known, but to bring in a role independent of the site into question, mainly by the actions of others, is clutching at straws.

Great post Sir and as a side note could you tell Blobby I like his post about the young lad in the wheelchair,I'd tell him myself but I'm banned from there for a post on here.

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 11:32 - Mar 27 with 1630 viewsswanjackal

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 11:27 - Mar 27 by Darran

Great post Sir and as a side note could you tell Blobby I like his post about the young lad in the wheelchair,I'd tell him myself but I'm banned from there for a post on here.

You could always go to the library and post though ;).

Will do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 12:00 - Mar 27 with 1604 viewsDewi1jack

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 11:32 - Mar 27 by swanjackal

You could always go to the library and post though ;).

Will do.

Really good post from you and Blobby

Glad I'm not the only one that has been how you describe yourself: A knob in general.
Got a disabled classification about 4 years ago: that hasn't really mellowed me much either, but has taken some of my "Mr Warraknob" away (I hope!)

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 12:59 - Mar 27 with 1566 viewsNeath_Jack

Grown up men, arguing over words on a screen.

Ban the c*nts that got nothing better to do than start these poxy shit stirring threads.

Brings zero to the forum.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 15:34 - Mar 27 with 1494 viewsScoobyWho

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 08:01 - Mar 27 by Phil_S

The reality is I played a very small part in a very big picture. There are many people on here (and in our fanbase) that played a part in getting this club back into local hands where it has prospered. I won't even attempt to name them because I will miss out people and I have no desire to offend anyone by forgetting what they did. My mind will always drift to the meeting in the Builders (that was referred to in JTAK) and the people around that table all doing their little bit to get Petty gone. There are people who played a massive influence in how I changed my own view on how I see the club and how important it is - they know who they are - and I am always grateful for people like them

It is a complete myth that people get banned from here for criticising the Trust. There are many posters on here who have expressed their own concerns and in some places the concerns are valid. Do we communicate enough? No. Will we ever communicate enough? I am not sure that we will but we are getting better. We do many things behind the scenes that we take for granted and we probably should shout more about it but we don't

Do I do enough for the Trust? Again, possibly not but I have said on here many times in the last 10 years (where did those 10 years go) that I got involved because I thought I could make a difference - if anyone believes the same then please get involved. If that long term (or even short term) becomes at the expense of my place on the board then that is the point of a democracy. My passion for the organisation will never change and that is far more important than any one personality. It's really that simple.

I have been accused by one former Trust board member of being freeloading. I have bought 2 season tickets for around 13 years and I miss probably 2-3 home games a season. The tickets get given away (normally to family) so the seat is occupied. As a Trust board we have 2/3 places in the boardroom every game and it is important that we are seen as an integral part of the club and we use them. We are the third biggest shareholder and it is important that we get seen to be that shareholder not just by other shareholders but by visiting clubs or clubs that we visit. I'm a football fan and I watch the Swans, my place is in the East Stand, the rest of it is part of my volunteer work. If I never experienced it again, I would lose no sleep.

At the last meeting we made it perfectly clear what we had done with regards to the American buyers and I think most questions were answered in full. There were questions not related to the buyers that were asked and we answered each of them head on with honest answers. That has been widely accepted and many of the concerns were addressed.

I have been involved in running this website since 1st July 2001, I have no intention of stopping running it although you will notice with a glance at the front page that it doesn't have the love and attention that it always deserves in terms of updating. I value my position on the Trust board and in May I will stand again for re-election as per our constitution. I may get re-elected, I may not. If I do I would like to have my position as Chairman renewed for the 12 month term that it gets renewed for. If that doesn't happen then so be it. But whatever happens, come August I will pay my £10 (and probably the £25 that I donate monthly) to renew my membership because I value my vote as a member more than any of it.

Life really is very simple

And finally, if anyone would like a copy of "From Graveyard to Ambition" then please PM me and we can sort payment and postage.

Well Phil, I suggest a permanent sticky thread on here to celebrate all the work that was done by all those who remain unknown or forgotten. And for those new fans to read about what was done and pay some respect to. Maybe then everyone about at the time can tell their stories and maybe correct some of the rubbish cited in articles and the board sponsored promo film ( please make us richer) Jack to a King,

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 15:40 - Mar 27 with 1476 viewsDarran

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 12:59 - Mar 27 by Neath_Jack

Grown up men, arguing over words on a screen.

Ban the c*nts that got nothing better to do than start these poxy shit stirring threads.

Brings zero to the forum.

Here he is again look Mr Outraged At People Being Outraged.

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 15:49 - Mar 27 with 1470 viewsJackSomething

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 15:40 - Mar 27 by Darran

Here he is again look Mr Outraged At People Being Outraged.

He's so outraged by this thread he had to post twice in it...

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 17:00 - Mar 27 with 1439 viewsHumpty

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 09:24 - Mar 27 by builthjack

Are you Parlay. Straight yes or no please.

No I'm not. Not that that will appease you.

F*ck knows what goes on in Parley's head. But I didn't like the way people started threads taking the p*ss out of him but then started screaming "Stop spoiling things Parley. Ban him Phil, he's spoiling things!"

Looked like schoolyard bullying to me.

If I was Parley I'm sure I'd be posting a lot me than the odd aside I contribute at the moment.

Happy with that?
Login to get fewer ads

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 17:47 - Mar 27 with 1405 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I for one can't believe that Phil had paid employment for ANOTHER NON TRUST entity, from which he MAKES MONEY which he gives the club AND THE TRUST.

WHEN WILL THIS MADNESS END! ?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 20:56 - Mar 27 with 1358 viewsPhil_S

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 17:47 - Mar 27 by NeiltheTaylor

I for one can't believe that Phil had paid employment for ANOTHER NON TRUST entity, from which he MAKES MONEY which he gives the club AND THE TRUST.

WHEN WILL THIS MADNESS END! ?

I cant say more as it will spoil some of the stories in my biography
Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 21:28 - Mar 27 with 1340 viewswaynekerr55

I never thought we'd have an equivalent of ccmb and anus forums but we have 😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 21:38 - Mar 27 with 1322 viewsbuilthjack

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 17:00 - Mar 27 by Humpty

No I'm not. Not that that will appease you.

F*ck knows what goes on in Parley's head. But I didn't like the way people started threads taking the p*ss out of him but then started screaming "Stop spoiling things Parley. Ban him Phil, he's spoiling things!"

Looked like schoolyard bullying to me.

If I was Parley I'm sure I'd be posting a lot me than the odd aside I contribute at the moment.

Happy with that?

Over the moon

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 08:15 - Mar 29 with 1196 viewsHumpty

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 09:35 - Mar 27 by perchrockjack

Have you been in CID builth as you seem to have nobbled him again. He ll deny it but the contents of his posts are the same. He s come from nowhere and has also had the audacity to argue with me ffs.

Since the Filth were banned, we ve heard nothing about vested interests, disingenuous directors, Yanks shafting us etc. Strange that innit.

We ve also had less acrimony unquestionably.

Its simple... as IVE SAID BEFORE.

You either trust people who actively aid our club, like Sumb and the Chairman or internet nobheads who shout the odds from behind a PC and don't even turn up to discuss the "serious" concerns that were posted on this site. Dineen should only really feel ashamed for THAT meeting he attended with THAT individual.

Oh deary me. Britain's thickest policeman has spoken. You think I'm Parley? And I have the audacity to argue with you, you pompous prick?

If Inspector Perch has used his incredible powers of deduction to come up with the false fact that I am Parley then there are a lot of innocent people in Merseyside prisons. And I'm serious. Seriously, people this thick should not be given power of other peoples lives. Thank god the false allegations he has made against me are only on a football forum.

Listen oaf, I have no idea how you got away with it but you made a successful career for yourself in the police force. F*ck knows how you got away with it but it really doesn't look good for the police that people as stupid as you can.

Your career in the police should have ended with staking out Bootle's branch of Woolies for pick and mix theft. As soon as you went above that you were out of your depth.

If very thick people can get promoted in the police we have a lot to worry about.

Btw, I don't include Whitney or Shimmie in this little tirade. They've never given the impression of being very, very stupid.
Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 09:24 - Mar 29 with 1166 viewsStarsky

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 08:15 - Mar 29 by Humpty

Oh deary me. Britain's thickest policeman has spoken. You think I'm Parley? And I have the audacity to argue with you, you pompous prick?

If Inspector Perch has used his incredible powers of deduction to come up with the false fact that I am Parley then there are a lot of innocent people in Merseyside prisons. And I'm serious. Seriously, people this thick should not be given power of other peoples lives. Thank god the false allegations he has made against me are only on a football forum.

Listen oaf, I have no idea how you got away with it but you made a successful career for yourself in the police force. F*ck knows how you got away with it but it really doesn't look good for the police that people as stupid as you can.

Your career in the police should have ended with staking out Bootle's branch of Woolies for pick and mix theft. As soon as you went above that you were out of your depth.

If very thick people can get promoted in the police we have a lot to worry about.

Btw, I don't include Whitney or Shimmie in this little tirade. They've never given the impression of being very, very stupid.

It's Witney, not Whitney, thick tw@t.

Houston, we have a problem.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 9:25]

It's just the internet, init.

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 09:47 - Mar 29 with 1137 viewsmonmouth

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 09:24 - Mar 29 by Starsky

It's Witney, not Whitney, thick tw@t.

Houston, we have a problem.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 9:25]

It took me ages to work that out!

I must be a policeman.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 10:37 - Mar 29 with 1106 viewsDarran

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 08:15 - Mar 29 by Humpty

Bore off Shaky.

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 12:28 - Mar 29 with 1051 viewsperchrockjack

Hump

A few points

1. You seem unable to discuss anything without getting personal ;heard it before.

2. You can giver any impression you like on the net ;I act like a knob at times and at others Im talking serious stuff. Fact is you wont know if Im serious about a topic or not.

3. You re clearly a poster who s changed name so lets have your former one and tell mer how YOU earn your living. I ve done several other jobs of which you are clueless.

4. Plenty on here can argue withy defamatory stuff. This is why people were banned not because of upsetting anyone.

5. Anytime you feel the pain or want to chuck abuse at me, PM me and save the other poor feckers on here from reading your crap.

6. Its profoundly sad we have a level of squabbling not seen on many other sites.

7. Don't believe what all what you read

Richie...ex Brynhyfryd Junior Mixed, Bishop Gore GRAMMAR, ex scout, ex Top Rank, ex North Bank, ex Chapel..

PEACE IN THE VALLEY

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 13:09 - Mar 29 with 1021 viewsjackonicko

I have a badge of honour now, as I've been banned from jackarmy.

Not sure how I managed that? Je Suis exiledclaseboy.

The friendly site.
Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 13:24 - Mar 29 with 999 viewsexiledclaseboy

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 13:09 - Mar 29 by jackonicko

The friendly site.

Yay, you're in my exclusive club. Any idea what you said to upset them?

Poll: Tory leader

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 13:31 - Mar 29 with 989 viewsDarran

The friendly site.

They're in denial on that site.

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 13:50 - Mar 29 with 966 viewsperchrockjack

Ive not been banned as yet.

Its says much I suppose.

Bottom line is there are many on here who ve been at it (arguing) for many years but we all know how far to go.

The ones who were banned are those who didn't or chose to ignore the boundaries of decency.

Have to say that classie s banning was re really something. He s hardly an internet coward and he d meet you for an individual confrontation I guess as long a he could have a decent lunch .

No offence meant to larger ,portly people

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 13:51 - Mar 29 with 968 viewsjackonicko

Genuinely no idea. I made a quip about banning people.

Perhaps they're being ironic?
Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 14:20 - Mar 29 with 941 viewsexiledclaseboy

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 13:51 - Mar 29 by jackonicko

Genuinely no idea. I made a quip about banning people.

Perhaps they're being ironic?

It's just a hunch, but I doubt irony is any of their strong point.

You could always change your IP address, create a new username and have fun seeing if they notice your return. Not that I would ever do something like that of course.

Poll: Tory leader

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 14:25 - Mar 29 with 936 viewsperchrockjack

Ive just re -read Humpty s critique and Im outraged now also.

Bring on the Hull game as we re dangerous if left to our own devices

Yet another attack on Phil Sumbler on 15:24 - Mar 29 with 902 viewsswanjackal

The friendly site.

Are you positive, just checked your profile, and you are not banned there, have you forgotten your log in details maybe?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024