Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson 14:15 - Mar 25 with 11424 viewsjackharris

The Top Gear Presenter's contract will not be renewed! Prepare for Marmite opinions on him. I thoroughly enjoyed the Top Gear Specials and the entertaining Challenges, etc. On the other hand the man himself could, of course, be described as being thoroughly obnoxious. However, there is is no disputing that he, his chums and the Top Gear production crew made the BBC millions.

I also really enjoyed the documentary he did on the Arctic convoys of World War 2. He probably has many shows lined up.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2015 14:24]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 19:05 - Mar 28 with 2228 viewsexiledclaseboy

The BBC didn't headline "Clarkson fired". At least not that I saw.

Poll: Tory leader

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 19:58 - Mar 28 with 2206 viewsblueytheblue

They certainly stated that on the BBC news.

Anyway, it's clear we'll not disagree so not going to rattle on anymore. We've better things to do in life.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 22:29 - Mar 28 with 2179 viewsJack_Meoff

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 07:18 - Mar 29 with 2158 viewsHumpty

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 19:15 - Mar 27 by blueytheblue

Spoken like a true BBC Birt-ist.

Defending no. Pointing out the aftermath could have been handled better sure.

I had to temporarily step in and do some management at one place. Hated the paperwork. A similar incident happened, a punch was thrown between two people, one more senior to the other, on the team over something and nothing.

Getting wind of it, I could have gone the route the BBC had done, informed HR leading to a costly process - and in that instance, HR generally want blood to justify the expense.

I took the two down the local pub - oops, I committed a offence there, drinking at lunchtime - and metaphorically banged heads together. Both accepted what happened was dumb, an apology was offered, hands shaken and a single pint bought.

Problem solved; nobody fired, those two bonded and the team was stronger.

Perhaps the bloke you pressured into forgetting the fact he was assaulted in work is not so happy as you by the outcome, whether he enjoyed his enforced pint or not.

You seem to worry about the cost issue more than the welfare of your employees. Cost shouldn't come into this type of issue at all. People in work should not punch people they are annoyed with. Especially if they are in a senior position.

People in the workplace should not be punched full stop. Never mind. You saved some money and now have an employee who knows management can punch him if they feel like. But he'll get a pint out of it.

You sound like an absolute c*nt of a person.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 7:23]
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 07:22 - Mar 29 with 2157 viewsHumpty

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 15:05 - Mar 25 by blueytheblue

Depends entirely upon the context.

Filming delayed, out in the cold for additional hours due to production mistakes. Producer fails to inform the hotel staff - hotel where the BBC are paying lots of money - hence reduced to scrabbling around for cold food.

Understandable he lost it - does it justify what happened? Well, what did happen? BBC report seems light on details. Producer had what a split lip? What caused that? A push? A punch? Producer went to A&E - what a pathetic waste of NHS resources...

Were the verbals one way only? Was any scuffle one way only?

Let's not forget Clarkson was the one who reported this incident. Nobody else.

Christ, didn't Chico go after Monk with a brick resulting in the police being called to your training ground by a member of the public? can't recall him being investigated and fired publicly.

What has happened is simply the fact people within the BBC don't like Clarkson; fully aware his contract expires at the end of the month and he could walk away the BBC blew this out of proportion to damage Clarkson's value to any channel picking up him, Hammond and May.

The same BBC who nixed programmes investigating Saville. So a workplace scuffle is worse than kiddie fiddling, apparently.

Serious question. Have you ever masturbated whilst thinking about Jeremy Clarkson?
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 07:40 - Mar 29 with 2154 viewsHumpty

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 22:29 - Mar 28 by Jack_Meoff

I f*cking love Stewart Lee. I'm sure Bluey and most on here won't. It's beyond them.

As he says about the Hamster being a spineless tw*t, the poor underling who'd been punched had to drive himself to the hospital on his own. The Hamster and James May were too busy fussing around Jeremy Clarkson to worry about the little blokes well being. So was everybody else there as well.

What a shower of c*nts.

If my mate had done that I'd tell him to f*cking grow up and tell him what a tw*t he was. And then try to look after the poor underling who'd been tw*tted.

Different priorities amongst the Top Gear folk apparently. Watching their careers go down the tube.
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 09:44 - Mar 29 with 2141 viewsexiledclaseboy

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 07:40 - Mar 29 by Humpty

I f*cking love Stewart Lee. I'm sure Bluey and most on here won't. It's beyond them.

As he says about the Hamster being a spineless tw*t, the poor underling who'd been punched had to drive himself to the hospital on his own. The Hamster and James May were too busy fussing around Jeremy Clarkson to worry about the little blokes well being. So was everybody else there as well.

What a shower of c*nts.

If my mate had done that I'd tell him to f*cking grow up and tell him what a tw*t he was. And then try to look after the poor underling who'd been tw*tted.

Different priorities amongst the Top Gear folk apparently. Watching their careers go down the tube.

Stewart Lee's brilliant and that's a superb routine

Anyway, Bluey's stepped up his "I Love Jezza" campaign quite significantly.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32103665

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 11:21 - Mar 29 with 2118 viewsWarwickHunt

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 07:22 - Mar 29 by Humpty

Serious question. Have you ever masturbated whilst thinking about Jeremy Clarkson?

Only when he's being spit roasted with Dave "I love the NHS" Cameron at the other end.
Login to get fewer ads

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 11:47 - Mar 29 with 2094 viewsexiledclaseboy

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 11:21 - Mar 29 by WarwickHunt

Only when he's being spit roasted with Dave "I love the NHS" Cameron at the other end.

Has Dave ever mentioned why he thinks so highly of the NHS?
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 11:48]

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 11:51 - Mar 29 with 2089 viewswaynekerr55

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 11:47 - Mar 29 by exiledclaseboy

Once or twice. Something about a family member I think 😂😷😷😷😷

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 12:11 - Mar 29 with 2072 viewsWarwickHunt

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 11:51 - Mar 29 by waynekerr55

Once or twice. Something about a family member I think 😂😷😷😷😷

Yeah - that rings a bell. I'll pay attention just in case he mentions it again before the election.
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 13:52 - Mar 29 with 2042 viewsblueytheblue

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 07:18 - Mar 29 by Humpty

Perhaps the bloke you pressured into forgetting the fact he was assaulted in work is not so happy as you by the outcome, whether he enjoyed his enforced pint or not.

You seem to worry about the cost issue more than the welfare of your employees. Cost shouldn't come into this type of issue at all. People in work should not punch people they are annoyed with. Especially if they are in a senior position.

People in the workplace should not be punched full stop. Never mind. You saved some money and now have an employee who knows management can punch him if they feel like. But he'll get a pint out of it.

You sound like an absolute c*nt of a person.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 7:23]

I pressured absolutely nobody whatsoever. It may suit your view to lie, but that's absolutely incorrect.

I have employees? They weren't my employees. My company provides services to end clients, in this case I was asked to step in and lead a team for them on an interim basis due to someone leaving.

In the incident I dealt with, the landscape was that the company had increased pressure on a number of employees due to some baffling decisions especially with regard to timeframes. That led to those two having an argument off site which got heated and led to a single puch being thrown.

Knowing all that, knowing the context and knowing the two involved were generally decent people I had the choice.

Go the jobsworth route and report to HR, cost someone their job over a single mistake where both parties had escalated something and nothing knowing full well the other guy would have felt pretty bad over the outcome. Congrats, delegate due to a lack of people skills.

Neither party knew what I was doing - I invited both along separately, hey twigged when they both arrived. My "pressuring" as you term it was buying both a pint and pointed out it was a bloody stupid thing that triggered the argument due to a lot of things they couldn't control. Both were pretty sheepish and quite frankly it felt like I was telling schoolkids off at the time. I pointed out both escalated the situation verbally and that the punch should never have been thrown - in fact I pointed out I'd have thrown one back.

Both of the people involved fully apologised for their part there and then; hands were shaken. Funnily enough the team morale picked up. Less arguments, more cordiality. Team bonded knowing I had their back at that stressful point in time.

But according to you, I should have had the guy fired.

Yeah, guess I must be an absolute c*nt of a person.

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 18:36 - Mar 29 with 2012 viewsHumpty

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 11:47 - Mar 29 by exiledclaseboy

Sssshh! You can't mention that. Only he can. Again and again and again.
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 18:38 - Mar 29 with 2009 viewsHumpty

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 13:52 - Mar 29 by blueytheblue

I pressured absolutely nobody whatsoever. It may suit your view to lie, but that's absolutely incorrect.

I have employees? They weren't my employees. My company provides services to end clients, in this case I was asked to step in and lead a team for them on an interim basis due to someone leaving.

In the incident I dealt with, the landscape was that the company had increased pressure on a number of employees due to some baffling decisions especially with regard to timeframes. That led to those two having an argument off site which got heated and led to a single puch being thrown.

Knowing all that, knowing the context and knowing the two involved were generally decent people I had the choice.

Go the jobsworth route and report to HR, cost someone their job over a single mistake where both parties had escalated something and nothing knowing full well the other guy would have felt pretty bad over the outcome. Congrats, delegate due to a lack of people skills.

Neither party knew what I was doing - I invited both along separately, hey twigged when they both arrived. My "pressuring" as you term it was buying both a pint and pointed out it was a bloody stupid thing that triggered the argument due to a lot of things they couldn't control. Both were pretty sheepish and quite frankly it felt like I was telling schoolkids off at the time. I pointed out both escalated the situation verbally and that the punch should never have been thrown - in fact I pointed out I'd have thrown one back.

Both of the people involved fully apologised for their part there and then; hands were shaken. Funnily enough the team morale picked up. Less arguments, more cordiality. Team bonded knowing I had their back at that stressful point in time.

But according to you, I should have had the guy fired.

Yeah, guess I must be an absolute c*nt of a person.

That all sounds really lovely. It's not the same as what happened with Clarkson though is it? In fact it's got f*ck all to do with anything isn't it?
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 21:11 - Mar 29 with 1974 viewsblueytheblue

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 18:38 - Mar 29 by Humpty

That all sounds really lovely. It's not the same as what happened with Clarkson though is it? In fact it's got f*ck all to do with anything isn't it?

I'm sure it sounds really lovely to you. Is it exactly the same? No. Did it illustrate the BBC could possibly have managed things better? Maybe.

The point was that by your logic I should have automatically gone to HR which would have led to somebody being fired.

Anyway, you have a nice night.

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 22:07 - Mar 30 with 1908 viewskarnataka

End of an era? I very much hope so, and I'll be delighted if the tosser is never seen on television ever again. He's already spoilt too many editions of QI for my liking.
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 18:44 - Mar 31 with 1878 viewsSwanzay

Adios Hilux

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 09:27 - Apr 8 with 1791 views1jack

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 18:38 - Mar 29 by Humpty

Hang on a sec there Humpty, Bluey is answering your criticism of his methods and it seems to me that he handled the situation rather well, with all parties concerned happy with the outcome and because it doesn't fit your agenda then it suddenly has fcuk all to do with the argument.
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 10:27 - Apr 8 with 1759 viewsblueytheblue

BBC so committed to the principles and outcome of the investigation that they are having Clarkson as guest host of Have I Got News For You. Funny that, eh? Surely they'd be endangering the producer of that show.

Also interesting neither May nor Hammond have had their contracts renewed even though neither was involved in the incident in question. Almost as though the BBC wanted all three gone even before the incident.

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 10:53 - Apr 8 with 1734 viewsHumpty

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 09:27 - Apr 8 by 1jack

Hang on a sec there Humpty, Bluey is answering your criticism of his methods and it seems to me that he handled the situation rather well, with all parties concerned happy with the outcome and because it doesn't fit your agenda then it suddenly has fcuk all to do with the argument.

Dearie me. Are we back to this? Apparently so.

Bluey is a superb mediator. He handled his situation very well and everyone was happy. Good job Bluey.

It was not a similar situation to what Clarkson was involved in though. Therefore it has f*ck all to do with anything. It is a nice little story though, I'll give him that.
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 11:06 - Apr 8 with 1724 viewsHumpty

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 10:27 - Apr 8 by blueytheblue

BBC so committed to the principles and outcome of the investigation that they are having Clarkson as guest host of Have I Got News For You. Funny that, eh? Surely they'd be endangering the producer of that show.

Also interesting neither May nor Hammond have had their contracts renewed even though neither was involved in the incident in question. Almost as though the BBC wanted all three gone even before the incident.

So what's happening Bluey? Did the BBC engineer the incident so it could destroy the biggest cash cow it owned? Did the BBC tell the producer to arrange for Clarkson to have cold cuts instead of a hot steak on the day he chose to go on the piss? Knowing he'd then get punched because that's obviously what most rational people would do?

"I want a steak! I will drunkenly harangue and punch people in front of the public if I can't have one! It's not fair!"

Who knows? Well nearly everyone knows actually. It's complete bollocks.

Only distraught Top Gear fans who are struggling with the thought that they can no longer watch an obnoxious bully and his giggling cohorts drive cars about really, really fast think otherwise.

I'd stop paying the license fee if I was you.
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 11:10 - Apr 8 with 1718 viewsperchrockjack

I don't want to be an interloper in a spat that's nowt to do with me but frankly, has anyone actually missed Top GEAR or any of its presenters, who are basically nonenties who bring us nothing.That s my opinion.

I find it incredible they have show in large Areas where people pay to see these performers.

Have to say- no offence here- Id rather see someone play an instrument ,sing, dance and generally exhibit a discernable talent.
Being "controversial", naughty, cheeky, isn't entertainment or talent

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 12:09 - Apr 8 with 1705 viewsWarwickHunt

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 10:27 - Apr 8 by blueytheblue

That's bollox.

The BBC were in contract negotiations with Clarkson and his two gimps. However, Clarkson was very publicly in the last chance saloon. He f*cked up. Again.

His Top Gear contract wasn't renewed, he isn't the devil incarnate and isn't banned from the BBC.

Dry your eyes and move the f*ck on. It's embarrassing now.
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 12:21 - Apr 8 with 1698 viewswaynekerr55

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 12:09 - Apr 8 by WarwickHunt

That's bollox.

The BBC were in contract negotiations with Clarkson and his two gimps. However, Clarkson was very publicly in the last chance saloon. He f*cked up. Again.

His Top Gear contract wasn't renewed, he isn't the devil incarnate and isn't banned from the BBC.

Dry your eyes and move the f*ck on. It's embarrassing now.

I think you need to have some more diplomacy training with Robert Mugabe again Mr Hunt 😂😂😂😂😂😷

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:03 - Apr 8 with 1651 viewsWarwickHunt

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 12:21 - Apr 8 by waynekerr55

I think you need to have some more diplomacy training with Robert Mugabe again Mr Hunt 😂😂😂😂😂😷

B*stard still hasn't sent me a refund.

Still, I've got the Marvin Emnes Football Skills Summer Camp to look forward to...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024