Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson 14:15 - Mar 25 with 11444 viewsjackharris

The Top Gear Presenter's contract will not be renewed! Prepare for Marmite opinions on him. I thoroughly enjoyed the Top Gear Specials and the entertaining Challenges, etc. On the other hand the man himself could, of course, be described as being thoroughly obnoxious. However, there is is no disputing that he, his chums and the Top Gear production crew made the BBC millions.

I also really enjoyed the documentary he did on the Arctic convoys of World War 2. He probably has many shows lined up.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2015 14:24]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:23 - Mar 25 with 2470 viewsSenhin

Top Gear is sold to broadcast all over the world. It made the BBC millions. I just hope the huge loss of this doesn't mean other BBC programmes suffer in terms of budgets.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:25 - Mar 25 with 2460 viewsairedale

Piers Morgan to replace possibly?
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:26 - Mar 25 with 2456 viewsjackharris

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:25 - Mar 25 by airedale

Piers Morgan to replace possibly?

Chris Evans is favourite.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:26 - Mar 25 with 2453 viewsmonmouth

Please say that horrendous little turd Hammond will also f*ck off to sky with Clarkson.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:31 - Mar 25 with 2431 viewsDyfnant

They need a woman, preferably ones with big tats

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:34 - Mar 25 with 2427 viewsicecoldjack

Ima fan of all of them, i think they bring something refreshing to mainstream TV .

Some of Clarksons Documentaries on the Second world war are absolutely fantastic, check them out on you tube if you get the chance, check them out on you tube if you have the chance.

A very under rated broadcaster is our Jeremy .

The appeal that top gear has world wide is huge, i don't think it will work without the chemistry of the 3 presenters.

A massive blunder by the BBC, everyone knows clarkson is a knob even his co presenters say the same, a big failiure in managing talent has cost the BBC hundreds of millions of pounds in revenue, i hope the people at the top face similar consequences to clarkson, though i wont hold my breath.

End of an Era indeed.
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:39 - Mar 25 with 2422 viewsDarran

F*ck him the obnoxious tw*t.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:49 - Mar 25 with 2399 viewsNogginthenog

End of an error more like.
Login to get fewer ads

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:51 - Mar 25 with 2393 viewsWxmJax

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:49 - Mar 25 by Nogginthenog

End of an error more like.

Funny

Might watch it again now.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:54 - Mar 25 with 2388 viewsblueytheblue

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:39 - Mar 25 by Darran

Nobody who punches Piers Morgan can ever be an obnoxious t**t.

National hero, will tune into Highest Gear on Sky....

Poll: Alternate POTY final

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:54 - Mar 25 with 2386 viewsperchrockjack

An era when a single individual had a whale of a time "testing" cars that have no relevance to 95% of the people of this country .
Utterly self indulgent but totally unable to deal with "real" people.

"Humour" that is/was past his sell by date.

Ideally, the equally talentless cocks with him will now vanish whence they came.

Clarkson is nowhere near as important as he thinks and his stock will diminish rapidly as he needs the oxygen of publicity- any type.

Well done BEEB

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:55 - Mar 25 with 2386 viewsraynor94

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:34 - Mar 25 by icecoldjack

Ima fan of all of them, i think they bring something refreshing to mainstream TV .

Some of Clarksons Documentaries on the Second world war are absolutely fantastic, check them out on you tube if you get the chance, check them out on you tube if you have the chance.

A very under rated broadcaster is our Jeremy .

The appeal that top gear has world wide is huge, i don't think it will work without the chemistry of the 3 presenters.

A massive blunder by the BBC, everyone knows clarkson is a knob even his co presenters say the same, a big failiure in managing talent has cost the BBC hundreds of millions of pounds in revenue, i hope the people at the top face similar consequences to clarkson, though i wont hold my breath.

End of an Era indeed.

So you are condoning him smacking an innocent person in the mouth? BBC acted entirely correctly, as would any company

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:55 - Mar 25 with 2384 viewslifelong

I concur.
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:59 - Mar 25 with 2375 viewsacejack3065

Seconded.
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 15:05 - Mar 25 with 2363 viewsblueytheblue

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:55 - Mar 25 by raynor94

So you are condoning him smacking an innocent person in the mouth? BBC acted entirely correctly, as would any company

Depends entirely upon the context.

Filming delayed, out in the cold for additional hours due to production mistakes. Producer fails to inform the hotel staff - hotel where the BBC are paying lots of money - hence reduced to scrabbling around for cold food.

Understandable he lost it - does it justify what happened? Well, what did happen? BBC report seems light on details. Producer had what a split lip? What caused that? A push? A punch? Producer went to A&E - what a pathetic waste of NHS resources...

Were the verbals one way only? Was any scuffle one way only?

Let's not forget Clarkson was the one who reported this incident. Nobody else.

Christ, didn't Chico go after Monk with a brick resulting in the police being called to your training ground by a member of the public? can't recall him being investigated and fired publicly.

What has happened is simply the fact people within the BBC don't like Clarkson; fully aware his contract expires at the end of the month and he could walk away the BBC blew this out of proportion to damage Clarkson's value to any channel picking up him, Hammond and May.

The same BBC who nixed programmes investigating Saville. So a workplace scuffle is worse than kiddie fiddling, apparently.

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 15:17 - Mar 25 with 2334 viewsperchrockjack

Ive had thought the exchange was most definatley one way.
Just a shame Clarkson was tw@tted properly.

I d volunteer ,even now and hes 5 inches taller and 5 stone heavier than me

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 15:17 - Mar 25 with 2336 viewsWatchman

SO his contract is not renewed, so am i to take it they finish the series including of course a spanking Xmas special! to earn the beeb money

If I was JC i'd go straight to ITV and make the xmas prog for them

I'm a bonafide left of centre man but the lefties really have got their nipples in a mangle over this

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 15:20 - Mar 25 with 2324 viewsperchrockjack

Ive always preferred the right hand

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 15:24 - Mar 25 with 2321 viewsLord_Bony

shame he s gone but hitting that producer will do wonders for his image

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson (n/t) on 15:26 - Mar 25 with 2314 viewsperchrockjack

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 15:28 - Mar 25 with 2309 viewsperchrockjack

With rerspect LB, wrong on both accounts.

Hopefully..

He needs to vanish .

He s a nobody

He brings nothing.

He s "naughty" and/or "edgy". We can all be that given the leeway he s had ;difference is that licence payers have been providing his lifestyle

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 15:30 - Mar 25 with 2307 viewsicecoldjack

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:55 - Mar 25 by raynor94

How do you know the other guy was totally innocent? were you there ?

Im not condoning it no, but it can be seen as a failiure by the BBC to not manage one of their assets correctly, and in turn lose them millions of pounds, if the likes of Clarkson want smarties with the brown ones taken out then thats what they need to do.

It should never have got that far " stars" need star treatment, sad but true but thats how that world works, neither of us know the exact details and never will so its a little bit difficult to assess fully. everything story in life has 3 sides, his side their side with the truth in the middle.

When you say the BBC acted correctly have they really? as i understand it they are just not renewing his contract, which is a little bit different from being sacked for gross misconduct.
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 15:31 - Mar 25 with 2306 viewsLord_Bony

He certainly is nt paid that much from the beeb if he still dives around in his fave motor..a mk 3 Mondeo..

As the OP he is like Marmite love him or loath him...I like him.

Wish him well for the future but I certainly agree he can be an annoying first class chump.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 15:34 - Mar 25 with 2301 viewsblueytheblue

Yeah, it's interesting media spin it as he's fired - no, contract not being renewed.

Given the BBC's actions, highly unlikely he'd have renewed anyway.

"And welcome to Top Gear 2016, it's me, Miranda f***ing Hart on yet another BBC programme to provide working class humour aimed at the female demographic despite being posher than a posh thing. Later Graham Norton will present a whimsical look at the campness of an Austin Maestro, a filler bit to justify the ludicrous contract the BBC gave him. Dianne Abbott will be our Star in an unaffordable due to Tory facists car railing about how a white man should have been lynched for his assault on someone with a name indicating an ethnicity needing protection. I'll be falling over whilst reviewing the new Ferrari everyone is talking about."

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 15:36 - Mar 25 with 2295 viewsblueytheblue

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 15:28 - Mar 25 by perchrockjack

With rerspect LB, wrong on both accounts.

Hopefully..

He needs to vanish .

He s a nobody

He brings nothing.

He s "naughty" and/or "edgy". We can all be that given the leeway he s had ;difference is that licence payers have been providing his lifestyle

How much was Clarkson paid by the BBC?

How much money did the BBC receive from the Top Gear franchise worldwide after Clarkson, May and Hammond had revitalised a dead programme?

Claiming "licence payers have been providing his lifestyle" is silly given TopGear is one of the few programmes self-sufficient; indeed Top Gear has subsidised many programmes on the BBC, crap like "Citizen Khan" for example.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024