Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson 14:15 - Mar 25 with 11443 viewsjackharris

The Top Gear Presenter's contract will not be renewed! Prepare for Marmite opinions on him. I thoroughly enjoyed the Top Gear Specials and the entertaining Challenges, etc. On the other hand the man himself could, of course, be described as being thoroughly obnoxious. However, there is is no disputing that he, his chums and the Top Gear production crew made the BBC millions.

I also really enjoyed the documentary he did on the Arctic convoys of World War 2. He probably has many shows lined up.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2015 14:24]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 17:26 - Mar 26 with 1417 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bluey's man love for Jezza is tangible. You're really hurting mush. Send him a letter or something.

Poll: Tory leader

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 17:30 - Mar 26 with 1415 viewslondonlisa2001

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 17:26 - Mar 26 by exiledclaseboy

Bluey's man love for Jezza is tangible. You're really hurting mush. Send him a letter or something.

Walked up to my local coffee shop a couple of weeks ago - loads of paps standing on a corner.

Had a coffee, did a bit of shopping and walked back a few hours later - paps still there.

Asked them who they were waiting for - Clarkson. Turns out his flat is just round the corner (I didn't realise - I'd thought he lived in Cotswolds, which he does but he has a flat as well). They were pretty bored with the whole thing it must be said and were spending hours just waiting for him to go out onto his balcony for a fag. They anticipated that they'd be there for a few days. I imagine they are all back there now for another few days - it's freezing so don't envy them.

Anyway - if you want me to deliver a letter Bluey, I now know where he is.
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 17:55 - Mar 26 with 1393 viewsblueytheblue

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 17:26 - Mar 26 by exiledclaseboy

Hmm. I'm sure that fantasy in your mind speaks more about you than me tbh.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 18:51 - Mar 26 with 1372 viewsmonmouth

If they go for one girl (Kidd or Perry), they should go for three and totally revamp it. The money's in the repeats now. They'll probably try out another series somehow and if it doesn't take off get Clarkson May and Dick back to make a few specials in a couple of years.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 19:04 - Mar 26 with 1366 viewsexiledclaseboy

Feck you'd swear Top Gear was a vital part of Britain's cultural landscape. It's three middle class, middle aged blokes being laddish and "non-PC" for an hour a few Sundays a year. Five to six million viewers. Cracking figure for BBC Two but it's BBC Two. I used to enjoy it but it became a parody of itself a few years back. It'll probably carry on in some form but everyone will "hate" it cos Jezza's not on it. And then it'll dusapoear.

Poll: Tory leader

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 19:31 - Mar 26 with 1357 viewsperchrockjack

Suzi Perry!!!

I ll watch it for sure.

Pure naughty girl but classy and cute.knowledgable too

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 20:19 - Mar 26 with 1340 viewsUxbridge

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 19:04 - Mar 26 by exiledclaseboy

Feck you'd swear Top Gear was a vital part of Britain's cultural landscape. It's three middle class, middle aged blokes being laddish and "non-PC" for an hour a few Sundays a year. Five to six million viewers. Cracking figure for BBC Two but it's BBC Two. I used to enjoy it but it became a parody of itself a few years back. It'll probably carry on in some form but everyone will "hate" it cos Jezza's not on it. And then it'll dusapoear.

A chap I work with in California is heartbroken. Seriously. I'm struggling to give a toss personally although I did like the show.

The Huff Post rather sums it up for me.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 20:28 - Mar 26 with 1337 viewslondonlisa2001

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 20:19 - Mar 26 by Uxbridge

A chap I work with in California is heartbroken. Seriously. I'm struggling to give a toss personally although I did like the show.

The Huff Post rather sums it up for me.

The wailing on social media from middle aged blokes about Clarkson going is only slightly less hysterical than the wailing of 14 year old girls that one of One Direction has left. At least the girls have teenage hormones to blame.
Login to get fewer ads

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 21:55 - Mar 26 with 1312 viewsPhil_S

So a plane crashes in the FRench Alps this week - a tragic loss of life and the front page of the red top rag this morning decides that Clarkson and the kid from One Direction should be front page news

Great stuff
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 01:15 - Mar 27 with 1281 views1jack

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 21:55 - Mar 26 by Phil_S

So a plane crashes in the FRench Alps this week - a tragic loss of life and the front page of the red top rag this morning decides that Clarkson and the kid from One Direction should be front page news

Great stuff

Can't really disagree with that, but some people are blaming Jezza and 1d for that, not the shite media we have in the U.K.
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 08:27 - Mar 27 with 1258 viewsHumpty

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 23:16 - Mar 25 by blueytheblue

Clarkson tried apologising to the producer. Producer made no complaint.

The kind of thing that would probably have got resolved between the parties over a pint the next day years ago.

BBC clearly thought it was so serious that they propagate the myth he was "fired" when they simply decided not to renew the contract. Big difference. If they believed it was gross misconduct, then fire him...

So now there's the farcical situation the police want to actively get involved despite no complaint being made. I'm assuming every workplace will thus be willing and complicit in a similar way then.

EDIT: I presume since no new contract will be offered to Clarkson that the BBC will not be having him as guest host on HIGNFY in April, as planned. If he was on, it would make the BBC look a tad hypocritical and stupid.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2015 0:13]

The kind of thing that would probably have got resolved between the parties over a pint the next day years ago.

He harangued the man for twenty minutes with horrible abuse, including saying that he'd lost his job. And then punched him in the face. Because he wanted a steak.

I'm not sure if you have children Bluey but if you do I'm sure you would be happy if they experienced similar things in the workplace. Such as being punched in the face by a big man with a more important job than them. Because he didn't like his dinner. You think your kids should just go down the pub and just sort it out?

You absolute f*cking tool.

It doesn't matter how much you like his childish little TV programme. People can't punch people in work full stop.
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 09:21 - Mar 27 with 1239 viewsblueytheblue

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 08:27 - Mar 27 by Humpty

He harangued the man for twenty minutes with horrible abuse, including saying that he'd lost his job. And then punched him in the face. Because he wanted a steak.

I'm not sure if you have children Bluey but if you do I'm sure you would be happy if they experienced similar things in the workplace. Such as being punched in the face by a big man with a more important job than them. Because he didn't like his dinner. You think your kids should just go down the pub and just sort it out?

You absolute f*cking tool.

It doesn't matter how much you like his childish little TV programme. People can't punch people in work full stop.

Nobody has any idea of the full context of circumstances leading up to what happened is the point.

Yeah, "absolute f***ing tool". Stay classy.

What about people chasing after another employee with a brick? Can't recall Chico being sacked, eh?

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 09:45 - Mar 27 with 1229 viewsItchySphincter

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 19:04 - Mar 26 by exiledclaseboy

It's done I would have thought, it certainly can't limp on in it's current format with a different anchor. Every pause, every ooh aah was scripted from day one so to continue it with someone like Chris Evans who has managed to reinvent himself over the last few years would be a massive embarrassment.

I think we might find that whatever our opinions on Clarkson Top Gear needs him more than he needs Top Gear.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 09:47 - Mar 27 with 1228 viewsItchySphincter

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 09:21 - Mar 27 by blueytheblue

Nobody has any idea of the full context of circumstances leading up to what happened is the point.

Yeah, "absolute f***ing tool". Stay classy.

What about people chasing after another employee with a brick? Can't recall Chico being sacked, eh?

Good old Chico.

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 10:27 - Mar 27 with 1215 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 19:31 - Mar 26 by perchrockjack

Suzi Perry!!!

I ll watch it for sure.

Heard a story a few years ago about Suzi Perry

Must have been 2008 when she was doing Olympic coverage - allegedly chasing Ben Ainslie around propsitioning him whenever she had the chance even turning up to his room late nights before his races

Sure its all bol***s but does seem to fit with the naughtly girl persona

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 10:44 - Mar 27 with 1205 viewsItchySphincter

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 10:27 - Mar 27 by PatchesOHoulihan

Heard a story a few years ago about Suzi Perry

Must have been 2008 when she was doing Olympic coverage - allegedly chasing Ben Ainslie around propsitioning him whenever she had the chance even turning up to his room late nights before his races

Sure its all bol***s but does seem to fit with the naughtly girl persona

Yep, don't know that particular story but she's a riot. Nice plastic tits too.

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 10:49 - Mar 27 with 1205 viewsGreatBritton

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 17:05 - Mar 26 by londonlisa2001

that's a gender thing I think Bluey. I have rarely met a man who finds Miranda funny (albeit that the Christmas shows weren't found funny by anyone) and I have rarely met a woman who particularly likes Coogan (including myself).

Steve Coogan is a comic genius who is always acting (witness his intriguing series with Rob Bryden); Miranda Hart is an oversized gurning-to-camera geek who thinks humour must always involve falling over hysterically.

I would be very concerned if their respective comic styles revealed anything about the ways the genders appreciate humour.

Clarkson BTW is either brilliant or totally stupid, depending on whether you think being pc is a comedy issue
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 11:32 - Mar 27 with 1183 viewsblueytheblue

Miranda Hart's "comedy" tends to rely upon "look how gawky and socially awkward I am oops I fell over again". From interviews it seems to be more like therapy for her than comedy. She may well have self-image problems but sadly I doubt there would be much sympathy given her privileged upbringing.

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 11:36 - Mar 27 with 1180 viewsLord_Bony

Would be nicer to look at than Clarksons ugly mug granted...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 13:56 - Mar 27 with 1153 viewslondonlisa2001

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 10:49 - Mar 27 by GreatBritton

Steve Coogan is a comic genius who is always acting (witness his intriguing series with Rob Bryden); Miranda Hart is an oversized gurning-to-camera geek who thinks humour must always involve falling over hysterically.

I would be very concerned if their respective comic styles revealed anything about the ways the genders appreciate humour.

Clarkson BTW is either brilliant or totally stupid, depending on whether you think being pc is a comedy issue

I find Miranda (in the early days) a vaguely amusing gentle humour that raised the odd smile rather than ever made me laugh (recently it didn't even do that). I like her in Call The Midwife which is a lovely Sunday evening relax.

I find Coogan to be utterly unfunny in any of his guises - has never even raised a slight snigger to be honest.

I thought he was excellent in Philomena though (albeit that he was playing a bit of a git which I always suspect him to be). I've never seen him with Rob Brydon (who I also don't find funny apart from in the show with Lee Mack and David Mitchell, but then anything with David Mitchell in I always enjoy as I find him brilliantly funny).

Humour's a very personal thing I guess - I will never understand the appeal of Lee Evans and yet thousands love him.
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:04 - Mar 27 with 1149 viewsblueytheblue

I hate David Mitchell. He stole the uber-cute Vicky Coren away from us...

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:08 - Mar 27 with 1144 viewsJackSomething

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 13:56 - Mar 27 by londonlisa2001

I find Miranda (in the early days) a vaguely amusing gentle humour that raised the odd smile rather than ever made me laugh (recently it didn't even do that). I like her in Call The Midwife which is a lovely Sunday evening relax.

I find Coogan to be utterly unfunny in any of his guises - has never even raised a slight snigger to be honest.

I thought he was excellent in Philomena though (albeit that he was playing a bit of a git which I always suspect him to be). I've never seen him with Rob Brydon (who I also don't find funny apart from in the show with Lee Mack and David Mitchell, but then anything with David Mitchell in I always enjoy as I find him brilliantly funny).

Humour's a very personal thing I guess - I will never understand the appeal of Lee Evans and yet thousands love him.

Your last sentence is absolutely right.

I went to see Stephen Merchant a couple of years ago when he toured his stand-up routine for the first time. I thought it was a decent routine and enjoyed it, although it wasn't near the best I've ever seen.

A friend of mine who is a stand-up himself went the next night (partly because his brother was the warm-up act) and thought Merchant was terrible. Then again, comedians tend to be a pretty bitchy bunch from my experience.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:09 - Mar 27 with 1143 viewslondonlisa2001

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:04 - Mar 27 by blueytheblue

I hate David Mitchell. He stole the uber-cute Vicky Coren away from us...

ha ha - they always seem like a bit of a strange couple don't they?

I like her as well - always enjoy Only Connect.
End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:24 - Mar 27 with 1134 viewsblueytheblue

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:09 - Mar 27 by londonlisa2001

ha ha - they always seem like a bit of a strange couple don't they?

I like her as well - always enjoy Only Connect.

I'm a sucker for blonde Jewish women who are excellent poker players tbh.

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 14:32 - Mar 27 with 1128 viewsWarwickHunt

End of an Era - Jeremy Clarkson on 19:31 - Mar 26 by perchrockjack

Suzi Perry!!!

I ll watch it for sure.

I had to Google Suzi Perry.

Having done so, I feel no shame - quite the opposite in fact.

Highbrow, me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024