Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package 17:17 - Mar 26 with 11177 viewsDarran

F*cking disgusting.
His mother goes down the Liberty at the start of the season and explains the situation with the wheelchair and says she wants the Hull game so her parents can come along.
The club rightly so say they'll have to ok it with the groundsman for him to go out and back to the centre circle.
The groundsman says it's no problem at all there's no way (because he knows who the kid is) the pitch will suffer any damage.
The club take the £500 and today ten days before the game phone the mother up and say he can no longer go on the pitch for the usual photos.
Not only that whilst all the other mascots are in the centre circle he'll have to stay by the tunnel area.

Like I said f*cking disgusting.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 22:34 - Mar 26 with 2349 viewsDewi1jack

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 18:36 - Mar 26 by pencoedjack

IMO the commercial department should refund all the money apologise to the family & make sure he has the best day ever.

Makes me ashamed.

This.
And as others have pointed out, saying yes then saying no many moons later possibly contravenes the Disabilities Act.
I've seen this (wheelchairs on pitches) done at numerous other clubs, so why not ours? In fact I am pretty sure it's been done down the Morfa before, when we were lower league.
In which case, someone has broken legislation and deserves reporting.
Come on Dineen. You're supposed to be in charge of the CD. Sort this and the tosspot that made this decision out. You've obviously hired the wrong person.
Certainly is immoral and makes our proud club and its' fans look shoddy and makes a mockery of the "Family club run by the fans for the fans" once and for all.
Ashamed of the club and hope the lad gets a good round of applause off all of us. As well as the club refunding the money and giving him an exceptional day out.
Never thought I'd say this, having an intense dislike for journos, but I hope they pick this up nationally. The tossers in the commercial department need to feel embarrassed and ashamed.
I do

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 22:39 - Mar 26 with 2327 viewsSwansea_Viking

I have contacted the relevant people and looking into it.

You Stupid Boy!

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 22:43 - Mar 26 with 2307 viewsSwanzay

The fee for being a mascot should be rein burst to the family in full, and they should also make an extra special effort for him!

I truly am gob smacked that this has happened!
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 01:05 - Mar 27 with 2144 viewsScoobyWho

How about they just treat him as equal and he has a nice day ?

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 01:31 - Mar 27 with 2135 viewsAndyNak

If the club are reading and want inspiration...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/m_news.htm?id=710231

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 01:47 - Mar 27 with 2130 viewsBrynmill_Jack

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 22:39 - Mar 26 by Swansea_Viking

I have contacted the relevant people and looking into it.

I knew you would be our "go to guy" over this issue. Thanks and well done

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 07:30 - Mar 27 with 2038 viewsSwaneeRiver

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 22:43 - Mar 26 by Swanzay

The fee for being a mascot should be rein burst to the family in full, and they should also make an extra special effort for him!

I truly am gob smacked that this has happened!

Fully agree
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 07:31 - Mar 27 with 2037 viewsSwaneeRiver

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 19:33 - Mar 26 by waynekerr55

I'm surprised that the usual crew who come on and defend haven't shown their face.

No defence for this is there ?
Login to get fewer ads

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 09:18 - Mar 27 with 1947 viewsItchySphincter

I believe we have a truly great groundsman (and staff) but he's a miserable g!t and my instinct tells me the decision rests with him. He is the one who will cite damage to the pitch as a reason.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 09:28 - Mar 27 with 1919 viewsperchrockjack

Well, I hope he s not miserable because he is able bodied, healthy and doesn't have the issues this kid will have for his whole life.

Times likes these I wished I was back home.

This needs a direct approach, players, manager, Chairman;groundsman is an employee is he not. If pitch is "ruined" then Im sure he could sort it as he seems to do ok after the OSPREYS..
Don't let this one go DARREN

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 09:32 - Mar 27 with 1915 viewsDarran

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 09:18 - Mar 27 by ItchySphincter

I believe we have a truly great groundsman (and staff) but he's a miserable g!t and my instinct tells me the decision rests with him. He is the one who will cite damage to the pitch as a reason.

100% wrong Dan was all for it but this has happened whilst he is away on sick leave.

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 09:33 - Mar 27 with 1913 viewsdameedna

once did an office renovation rescue mission for the Dept of Disability and Home Care (DADHC, where the Director, an Irish man Brendan could not get a wheelchair into his A grade office through a right angle corridor

This is far far worse than that

I find it hard to believe anyone from the club would make such a call even though there are some right drongos in there

Would have thought that with such a difficult decision the Directors would have been informed in advance of the call

The Brendan job had the director shatting himself that the story would make the national rag

If I was the mother, I would be straight onto the national press, as it will sell newpsapers so should run
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 09:37 - Mar 27 with 1905 views100onZero

I've shared this on facebook and urge all those on here to do the same. News of this needs to get around to shame the asshole who made this decision into a massive u-turn to make this kid have a day to remember for the rest of his life.
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 09:45 - Mar 27 with 1886 viewsperchrockjack

Cynically speaking, the club have missed a great PR opportunity.

Mindless morons

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 09:48 - Mar 27 with 1886 viewsItchySphincter

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 09:32 - Mar 27 by Darran

100% wrong Dan was all for it but this has happened whilst he is away on sick leave.

Fairy'nuff.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 10:05 - Mar 27 with 1859 viewswaynekerr55

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 09:45 - Mar 27 by perchrockjack

Cynically speaking, the club have missed a great PR opportunity.

Mindless morons

Pay peanuts - get monkeys

Also, this possibly could be the result of another nepotist appointment. It truly is embarrassing

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 12:08 - Mar 27 with 1740 viewsblobby2

Have highlited this on the other site as no one else there has picked up on it in order to further public awareness of this issue.
I hope the family have some recompense for the distress and anguish this has brought them.

Regards in peace, blobby

on the north bank in 64 currently in 2 seats in the upper east and proudly supporting Wales ONLY premier league team. Prosser is a twonk!

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 12:33 - Mar 27 with 1704 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

Wow. I can't beleive I'm reading this. You couldn't make this level of stupidity up.

As Perchy and others have pointed out not only is this a PR DISASTER the club have probably broken all sorts of Disability DIscrimination laws as well

They could do worse than AndyNaks suggestion, admit they made a grave error of judgement, apologise profusely and treat this kid like royalty. The reimbursment of the money should be the first thing on the Club's list of putting this right...

I'm pretty confident that now this has reached certain eyes and ears that this will be resolved quickly and without giving our detractors a stick to beat the club with. However, on this occassion you'd have to say they'd be fully justifed.

An embarrassed Swans fan
12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 13:00 - Mar 27 with 1653 viewsUxbridge

Firstly, no idea on the accuracy and background on this so can't comment on that.

Assuming it is, whoever made that decision needs a firm kick up the arse on their way out of the door. I would hope, and expect, this gets resolved pretty quickly but it's a sad state of affairs if something like this has to be brought into the public domain in order to be resolved.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 13:06 - Mar 27 with 1643 viewsSwansea_Viking

All Sorted now.

Ian

You Stupid Boy!

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 13:12 - Mar 27 with 1624 viewswaynekerr55

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 13:00 - Mar 27 by Uxbridge

Firstly, no idea on the accuracy and background on this so can't comment on that.

Assuming it is, whoever made that decision needs a firm kick up the arse on their way out of the door. I would hope, and expect, this gets resolved pretty quickly but it's a sad state of affairs if something like this has to be brought into the public domain in order to be resolved.

I thought our marketing department had been to college to study 'marketing'

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 13:14 - Mar 27 with 1623 viewsUxbridge

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 13:06 - Mar 27 by Swansea_Viking

All Sorted now.

Ian

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 13:26 - Mar 27 with 1597 viewsAndyNak

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 13:06 - Mar 27 by Swansea_Viking

All Sorted now.

Ian

Are you allowed to give us any more info Ian? Well done mate

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 13:32 - Mar 27 with 1580 viewsDarran

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 13:26 - Mar 27 by AndyNak

Are you allowed to give us any more info Ian? Well done mate

It's been sorted with plenty of add ons,the young lads sister is now going to be mascot with him and several family members have also been invited along.
The lads mother is over the moon.

Well done to people at the club and the Trust that got involved to put this right.

12 year old wheelchair bound lad refused full mascot package on 13:32 - Mar 27 with 1580 viewsCurcubita_Ultra

Hats off to everyone involved in sorting this out quickly.

Well done.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2015 13:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024