Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenkins expects a quiet summer 17:34 - Mar 26 with 5193 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Would be good news if true IMO. Yes, Mitrovic would be nice, but I'm more concerned with holding on to our strong core (Fabianski, JJS, Ki, Siggy, and a few others) than making any major additions.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-quality-quantity-transfer-w

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 17:36 - Mar 26 with 2909 viewsorion3016

Mitrovic and significant leavers would be a good window

Be over there now after

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 17:45 - Mar 26 with 2883 viewstomdickharry

Mitrovis is a must,but that would mean an exit for Gomis so probably one striker in addition to him,Lambert would be my choice. Another midfielder come wide player and another left back.Think there will be a clear our of those who would appear no chance of making the first team squad.
Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 18:16 - Mar 26 with 2802 viewsnyc_swans

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 17:45 - Mar 26 by tomdickharry

Mitrovis is a must,but that would mean an exit for Gomis so probably one striker in addition to him,Lambert would be my choice. Another midfielder come wide player and another left back.Think there will be a clear our of those who would appear no chance of making the first team squad.

you want a striker in his 30s?

Mitrovic would be great, but i'm sure he's caught the eye of much bigger clubs since Swansea stated their interest. if Huw is smart, he's been working out a deal for him over the last few month. he's young enough that it would take time for him to bed in to the premier league, leaving Gomis as 1st first choice for at least the first part of next season.

even if it's not Mitrovic, need somebody young who can become an asset.
Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 18:24 - Mar 26 with 2784 viewsSwansNZ

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 18:16 - Mar 26 by nyc_swans

you want a striker in his 30s?

Mitrovic would be great, but i'm sure he's caught the eye of much bigger clubs since Swansea stated their interest. if Huw is smart, he's been working out a deal for him over the last few month. he's young enough that it would take time for him to bed in to the premier league, leaving Gomis as 1st first choice for at least the first part of next season.

even if it's not Mitrovic, need somebody young who can become an asset.

Gomis is 30 in August.

We need a good striker if Gomis stays, and obviously 2 if he goes. A Left back and probably another winger and possibly a backup GK, although Gerry is ok as a backup.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 18:26 - Mar 26 with 2778 viewsnyc_swans

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 18:24 - Mar 26 by SwansNZ

Gomis is 30 in August.

We need a good striker if Gomis stays, and obviously 2 if he goes. A Left back and probably another winger and possibly a backup GK, although Gerry is ok as a backup.

i know Gomis is going to be 30 but we already have Gomis, and he's perfectly fine as a first choice striker for another year or maybe 2. need a younger striker to push him and eventually overtake him.

i think going into the summer and buying another 30+ striker is not a good idea.
Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 18:35 - Mar 26 with 2750 viewsSwansNZ

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 18:26 - Mar 26 by nyc_swans

i know Gomis is going to be 30 but we already have Gomis, and he's perfectly fine as a first choice striker for another year or maybe 2. need a younger striker to push him and eventually overtake him.

i think going into the summer and buying another 30+ striker is not a good idea.

I think we need someone who can overtake him now.

I think the post before said Lambert (or similar), if Gomis goes and we get another good (younger) striker in, like Mitrović.

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 18:42 - Mar 26 with 2719 viewsmonmouth

Mitrovic......bkah blah. Remember when everyone was jizzing over ass-pass. Foreign name ending in ic; he must be great innit. All of a sudden he's a 'must'.

Besic

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 18:43 - Mar 26 with 2716 viewsSwan91

I would like to see a striker, new backup goalkeeper and another left back and thats all really. I think our wingers will come good next season and this season is just a blip. and also have barrow make more appearances.

I'm wondering will matt grimes be tom carrol's replacement as pretty much 4th choice cm. would make sense and would save us money on having to buy another. hopefully we keep onto all our big players!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 18:45 - Mar 26 with 2703 viewsmonmouth

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 18:43 - Mar 26 by Swan91

I would like to see a striker, new backup goalkeeper and another left back and thats all really. I think our wingers will come good next season and this season is just a blip. and also have barrow make more appearances.

I'm wondering will matt grimes be tom carrol's replacement as pretty much 4th choice cm. would make sense and would save us money on having to buy another. hopefully we keep onto all our big players!!!

As soon as we bought Cork, I think that was tara to Carroll.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 19:23 - Mar 26 with 2612 viewsWatchman

we say quiet summer every year and then we either lose our ******* manager or half our squad

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 19:26 - Mar 26 with 2585 viewsLeonisGod

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 19:23 - Mar 26 by Watchman

we say quiet summer every year and then we either lose our ******* manager or half our squad

Yep, there is that. With all due respect to Huw he can't possibly know how the summer will pan out. Once it gets to panic time with a couple of days of the window left anything can happen.
Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 19:38 - Mar 26 with 2555 viewsApeShit

Don't be so naive this isn't going to be a quiet summer, never is!

And can't see us getting Mitrovic.
Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 20:21 - Mar 26 with 2473 viewstomdickharry

If Gomis is our No1 striker welcome the Championship.Lambert is a better suited to the PL than Gomis ever will be and would sit more comfortably as a No2 than Gomis ever has or will.
Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 21:10 - Mar 26 with 2374 viewsJackSomething

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 20:21 - Mar 26 by tomdickharry

If Gomis is our No1 striker welcome the Championship.Lambert is a better suited to the PL than Gomis ever will be and would sit more comfortably as a No2 than Gomis ever has or will.

Yes, because we've been displaying relegation form since Bony left for Africa haven't we? I'd certainly like to see an improvement on Gomis in the team (barring a massive improvement from Bafe), but you're exaggerating just a tad.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 21:18 - Mar 26 with 2345 viewspencoedjack

Sorry pal I want better than Gomis as our main stiker next season.

If we keep the core of the squad with a little tweaking in other position and a main man up top I really belive we would be in for an awesome season.
Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 21:19 - Mar 26 with 2338 viewsSwansNZ

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 21:10 - Mar 26 by JackSomething

Yes, because we've been displaying relegation form since Bony left for Africa haven't we? I'd certainly like to see an improvement on Gomis in the team (barring a massive improvement from Bafe), but you're exaggerating just a tad.

Bony left for Manchester

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 22:03 - Mar 26 with 2233 viewsDr_Winston

TDH knows less about strikers than he does about the inner workings of the Trust. He's best ignored/mocked.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 22:33 - Mar 26 with 2168 viewspencoedjack

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 22:03 - Mar 26 by Dr_Winston

TDH knows less about strikers than he does about the inner workings of the Trust. He's best ignored/mocked.

Dr you still hoping Gomis comes good ?

Your level headed posts seem a little clouded when it comes to Bafe
Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 00:00 - Mar 27 with 2056 viewsdeanscfc

A good striker, midfielder, left back...and maybe a full back who can play both sides with Taylor leaving. Those and mo other leavers would be great.
Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 00:09 - Mar 27 with 2049 viewsDyfnant

I'd prefer us go into a new season with a striker capable of hitting double figure league goals.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 00:32 - Mar 27 with 2019 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 00:09 - Mar 27 by Dyfnant

I'd prefer us go into a new season with a striker capable of hitting double figure league goals.

If he can manage say 3 more in the last 8 fixtures, does that affect your opinion?

I'm not a Gomis defender by any means, but the season isn't over and his form and effort has shown signs of improvement.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 01:03 - Mar 27 with 1989 viewsScoobyWho

This article talks about Monks wish list - I would be interested to hear who is on that, especially when Jenkins says this -

"In the modern game you are always looking for forwards or other players who can influence games," he added. "I think you are always looking for something up front, whether that is players who can score goals or create chances, because that is what makes the difference.

"That is the case in every transfer window, and probably at every club."

So who really has the wish list ?
GM is probably thinking ' I wish I had one '

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 01:49 - Mar 27 with 1971 viewsDyfnant

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 00:32 - Mar 27 by Tummer_from_Texas

If he can manage say 3 more in the last 8 fixtures, does that affect your opinion?

I'm not a Gomis defender by any means, but the season isn't over and his form and effort has shown signs of improvement.

'Effort' !! Pawel Abbott showed effort as well. At least he scored against Villa, one of his better games but still pretty mediocre overall

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 04:31 - Mar 27 with 1928 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 01:49 - Mar 27 by Dyfnant

'Effort' !! Pawel Abbott showed effort as well. At least he scored against Villa, one of his better games but still pretty mediocre overall

Yeah, I know. Gomis set a bar pretty low for me to optimistically try to raise.

The funny (and really cool) thing though is that statistic about how Gomis has won more points with his goals than Bony. Nevertheless, the only reason I haven't completely given up on him is the way the rest of the team (and Monk) have externally bought in to him.

We'll see how much love there still is at the end of May. I'm just glad that Swansea didn't fall apart in 2015, which could have so easily happened.

But I'd start to change my opinion about Gomis if he can find the back of the net at least 2 or 3 more times, because I honestly am a little doubtful it will happen. He looks like he actually gives a shit now. If it earns transfer value, that would be nice.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2015 5:17]

Jenkins expects a quiet summer on 08:14 - Mar 27 with 1786 viewsJackanapes

"He looks like he actually gives a shit now. If it earns transfer value, that would be nice. "
His reaction when he scored was pleasing. HE seemed really pumped. More of that on the pitch and he may start changing a few minds. Mine included.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024