Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm 19:59 - Mar 26 with 7255 viewsmarchamjack

looking forward to this later

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 22:53 - Mar 26 with 1219 viewsWitneyjack

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 22:49 - Mar 26 by exiledclaseboy

No. The bbc is often accused of institutionalised bias. I'm not suggesting that if C4

Sorry I misquoted you. I meant to quote Monmouth.
Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 22:57 - Mar 26 with 1211 viewsacejack3065

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 22:53 - Mar 26 by Pacemaker

Thought he looked very nervous and wasn't convinced by him to be honest, which could equally be said of Cameron. I wonder what would happen if politicians began answering questions honestly.

Politicians answering questions honestly. Now that would be nice.
Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 23:04 - Mar 26 with 1187 viewsPacemaker

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 22:57 - Mar 26 by acejack3065

Politicians answering questions honestly. Now that would be nice.

I honestly think the electorate would accept a feck up if someone stuck their hands up. I would certainly respect them more as long as they learnt from their errors.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 23:07 - Mar 26 with 1180 viewsacejack3065

Katie Hopkins says she will leave the UK is Miliband is elected PM. Surely that settles it?
Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 00:41 - Mar 27 with 1129 viewslonglostjack

What an absolute load of bollocks that programme was. Still remember when we used to take the piss out of the States when they elected Reagan - an actor as President. As for " Paxo" - hope he get's stuffed - arrogant twaat.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 07:51 - Mar 27 with 1083 viewsKilkennyjack

Dai cam 0 red ed 1

Beware of the Risen People

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 09:47 - Mar 27 with 1046 viewsjohnlangy

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 07:51 - Mar 27 by Kilkennyjack

Dai cam 0 red ed 1

Absolutely. I'm amazed that many thought Cam came out better.

Most people take their view of Ed Miliband from what the Tory press tell them. Then, when they actually see the man himself talking and they see someone who actually seems to mean what he says they're confused.

By the way, i'm a Plaid voter so i've no particular need to defend EM (apart from the fact that I despise the Tories).
Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 09:54 - Mar 27 with 1044 viewsDr_Winston

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 09:47 - Mar 27 by johnlangy

Most people take their view of Ed Miliband from what the Tory press tell them. Then, when they actually see the man himself talking and they see someone who actually seems to mean what he says they're confused.

By the way, i'm a Plaid voter so i've no particular need to defend EM (apart from the fact that I despise the Tories).

I've seen plenty of Milliband, and anyone who thinks that he's PM material should be required to hand their voter registration cards in before the election.

Piss poor selection to choose from though. The urge to spoil the paper or vote for some random independent is almost overwhelming.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 11:32 - Mar 27 with 1018 viewsLord_Bony

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 09:54 - Mar 27 by Dr_Winston

I've seen plenty of Milliband, and anyone who thinks that he's PM material should be required to hand their voter registration cards in before the election.

Piss poor selection to choose from though. The urge to spoil the paper or vote for some random independent is almost overwhelming.

The only thing that would give me pleasure on voting day would be to either spoil the ballot paper or vote Screaming Monster Raving Looney. Party.

I really have no interest in any of the regular shower '0 shite presented to the great british public this time around.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 11:39 - Mar 27 with 1013 viewsjohnlangy

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 09:54 - Mar 27 by Dr_Winston

Many PM's appear not to be PM material before being elected. Many people considered Dai Cam to be a chubby, Eton educated posh boy who wouldn't have a clue as PM. I'm not saying that he has become a good PM but, when people are actually doing the job they seem to become more suited simply because they have the stripes. The same will apply to Ed if he becomes PM.
Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 11:48 - Mar 27 with 1009 viewsblueytheblue

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 09:47 - Mar 27 by johnlangy

Cameron scored better as a statesman. Milliband has still to overcome the image - if he can't then he's a weak leader. When MPs of his own party report the public view him as a liability he can't simply brush that off.

When I read and hear Milliband I see a fair few soundbites without the substance behind it. Like it or not there will always be a trust issue with Ed. The issue with his brother is massively underestimated for two reasons. Firstly, it showed a desire to do anything to get what he wanted. Secondly, it showed a desire to be leader knowing the rank and file preferred his brother as he knew full well he had the union block votes in his pocket.

For that latter reason, I can't see how Milliband can lead a united party.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 12:46 - Mar 27 with 998 viewsCountyJim

Dai dodged the fact that this Government has borrowed more than Labour did and also immigration is up under this Government

Also Mervyn King said recently that the economic mess we where in wasn't Labours fault it
Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 14:07 - Mar 27 with 971 viewslondonlisa2001

I thought Cameron was his usual slightly slimy self and didn't answer anything at all (although I missed most of the bit with him and Paxman).

Ed by virtue of not being the most appalling thing on TV ever was better than I thought he would be, but I found him a bit overly aggressive. The questioning from Paxman was unfairly personal I thought, although as someone else said, the incumbent can be questioned on policy and record, and for Ed it's difficult to question him on anything - he distanced himself from the previous Labour administration (even though him and Balls were significant parts of it), and he hasn't produced a detailed manifesto and/ or costings, so it's hard to know how to 'get at' him other than the personal stuff.

The personal stuff is important though - I know quite a lot of people that just think that what he did to his brother is so beyond the pale that he can't be trusted. I was surprised that no one called him out on the 'kitchen photos' nonsense as well.

I was surprised from what I saw of it that the only official poll showed Cameron 8 points higher than Ed for the night (albeit that the unofficial twitter feedback appeared to suggest the other way - a younger audience on twitter perhaps?)

I suspect that last night changed very few votes. I personally can't bear either of them.
Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 14:39 - Mar 27 with 961 viewsskippyjack

Anyone who votes for these two corrupt money driven control freaks need their heads tested.. Conservative seem the most competent but will never change their 'ideals'.. Labour are even more corrupt and bent than the drug cartel..

The UK is on it's arse.. Literally on it's arse.. Any meaningful recovery looks slim.. F*ck knows what the future holds for minimum wage lifers like me..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 14:47 - Mar 27 with 954 viewsCountyJim

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 14:39 - Mar 27 by skippyjack

Anyone who votes for these two corrupt money driven control freaks need their heads tested.. Conservative seem the most competent but will never change their 'ideals'.. Labour are even more corrupt and bent than the drug cartel..

The UK is on it's arse.. Literally on it's arse.. Any meaningful recovery looks slim.. F*ck knows what the future holds for minimum wage lifers like me..

If it wasn't for Labour you wouldn't even be getting the Minimum wage because the Tory party dont give a feck about working class people

Now lets get a Living Wage
Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 14:58 - Mar 27 with 949 viewslondonlisa2001

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 14:47 - Mar 27 by CountyJim

If it wasn't for Labour you wouldn't even be getting the Minimum wage because the Tory party dont give a feck about working class people

Unfortunately though there is significant suggestion that in certain industries the minimum wage turns into a maximum wage.

And how do they calculate the 'Living Wage' - how is it defined? I genuinely don't know what is included as 'essential'.

Don't get me wrong by the way - I ask from a viewpoint that believes that the concept that any person that works full time also needs to receive any type of benefit 'top up' is an absolute disgrace.
Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 15:19 - Mar 27 with 942 viewssnork44

Cameron is a Tvvat of the first order, good grief even John Major was better than him. Compared to the last two cretins Liebour had in power Milliband is a veritable Keir Hardie, one was a warmongering self obsessed liar and the other was a dysfunctional gurning fool. Politic over here in the States is pretty shit, but boy I don't miss the level of dross they have claiming to be politicians back home.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 15:27 - Mar 27 with 935 viewsmonmouth

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 15:19 - Mar 27 by snork44

Cameron is a Tvvat of the first order, good grief even John Major was better than him. Compared to the last two cretins Liebour had in power Milliband is a veritable Keir Hardie, one was a warmongering self obsessed liar and the other was a dysfunctional gurning fool. Politic over here in the States is pretty shit, but boy I don't miss the level of dross they have claiming to be politicians back home.

I'm no tory but in retrospect with the benefit of what's happened since, Major was a good prime minister and a decent man.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 15:40 - Mar 27 with 930 viewsskippyjack

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 14:47 - Mar 27 by CountyJim

This is it you see..

Labour doesn't give a f*ck about the working class..

The working class don't give a f*ck about the working class

Everybody is a selfish individual

Then you retire.. Then you 'understand' or become 'bitter' (perch)..

I 'understand'.. Some people don't, won't or ever will.. But from what I've experienced.. This Country isn't what it should be..

You'll have your die hard Labour voters who they'll look after.. Then you'll have the voters who they couldn't give a toss about.

You'll have your die hard Tory voters who they'll look after.. Then you'll have the voters who they couldn't give a toss about.

People are starting to get fed up of this constant bollocks..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 17:42 - Mar 27 with 905 viewsJack_Meoff

Cameron loves the NHS alright. He loves how much his mates/donors within private healthcare can skim from the public purse. The fact that he uses his son as a 'get out of jail free' card every time he's questioned on the matter is utterly shameful

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 18:57 - Mar 27 with 884 viewsjohnlangy

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 14:58 - Mar 27 by londonlisa2001

Unfortunately though there is significant suggestion that in certain industries the minimum wage turns into a maximum wage.

And how do they calculate the 'Living Wage' - how is it defined? I genuinely don't know what is included as 'essential'.

Don't get me wrong by the way - I ask from a viewpoint that believes that the concept that any person that works full time also needs to receive any type of benefit 'top up' is an absolute disgrace.

Quite right about the top up. The Tories use facts and figures on benefits to lambast the people who receive them. They never mention the fact that, if a company pays the minimum wage and those people on that wage have to receive benefits to exist then the benefit is, effectively, also going to the shareholders of that company because their profits are higher as aresult.
Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 19:07 - Mar 27 with 878 viewslondonlisa2001

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 18:57 - Mar 27 by johnlangy

Quite right about the top up. The Tories use facts and figures on benefits to lambast the people who receive them. They never mention the fact that, if a company pays the minimum wage and those people on that wage have to receive benefits to exist then the benefit is, effectively, also going to the shareholders of that company because their profits are higher as aresult.

I agree with you - I genuinely think it is completely shameful that the tax payer subsidises wages for companies that then pay out huge dividends from billion pound profits.

Janet Street Porter on QT last night made a good point on benefits. She said that all parties see people on benefits as good targets for 2 reasons - first is that people who work don't like people who don't getting more than them (which is true) and second is that the % of people on benefits that vote is small (again, I wouldn't be at all surprised if that is true).

The difficulty as you say, is that a significant number of 'people on benefits' do work - that HAS to change.

And I think all parties use facts and figures to lambast groups that they want to lambast - the problem with all 'groups' is that they disguise the fact that all members of that group are individuals with individual circumstances. Some on benefits are unfortunate, some are workers that work for scummy employers, some are unable to work and some are scroungers who need to get off their behind. The difficulty is that the final group, though probably quite small, is quite visible and makes good TV so gives an incredibly bad name for the rest. There just needs to be a way of identifying that final group, and not punishing the others.
Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 19:14 - Mar 27 with 871 viewsexiledclaseboy

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 15:27 - Mar 27 by monmouth

I'm no tory but in retrospect with the benefit of what's happened since, Major was a good prime minister and a decent man.

Major was a good and decent man but was a terrible prime minister. His government was riddled with contradiction, scandal and blatant corruption. Much of that was to do with his party, which at the time had held power for 15 years and was smug, complacent, ripping itself apart over Europe and, again, corrupt to its very core. But he was powerless to stop it and mostly clueless.

Poll: Tory leader

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 19:19 - Mar 27 with 866 viewsblueytheblue

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 19:14 - Mar 27 by exiledclaseboy

Major was a good and decent man but was a terrible prime minister. His government was riddled with contradiction, scandal and blatant corruption. Much of that was to do with his party, which at the time had held power for 15 years and was smug, complacent, ripping itself apart over Europe and, again, corrupt to its very core. But he was powerless to stop it and mostly clueless.

Whereas Ed is powerless to stop the Union hold over the party being leader due to them so issues vague "warnings" of change whilst having Unite playing a major part in candidate selections. And mostly clueless.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 19:27 - Mar 27 with 859 viewsexiledclaseboy

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 19:19 - Mar 27 by blueytheblue

Whereas Ed is powerless to stop the Union hold over the party being leader due to them so issues vague "warnings" of change whilst having Unite playing a major part in candidate selections. And mostly clueless.

Bluey, you seem to have developed this trait where any criticism of the Tory party has the be met with some equal criticism of Labour. It's childish, unedifying and shows you up to be one of our least objective guests.

I have no particular affection for, faith in or hope for Ed Miliband. I'm certainly no fan of what Labour has morphed into in the last two decades. The last time I voted Labour in a general election was 1997. I'm vehemently anti-Tory on principle and yes, I'm what you'd derisorily dismiss as "a leftie" in your typically snobbish Tory Boy way but your constant anti-labour retorts, most of which have little basis in fact or common sense by the way, are completely wasted on me.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024