Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm 19:59 - Mar 26 with 7345 viewsmarchamjack

looking forward to this later

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 19:36 - Mar 27 with 1097 viewsStarsky

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 14:47 - Mar 27 by CountyJim

If it wasn't for Labour you wouldn't even be getting the Minimum wage because the Tory party dont give a feck about working class people

Now lets get a Living Wage

Working class?

You want to update your sound bites butt.

That's soooo 1970

It's just the internet, init.

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 19:45 - Mar 27 with 1088 viewsDr_Winston

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 19:14 - Mar 27 by exiledclaseboy

Major was a good and decent man but was a terrible prime minister. His government was riddled with contradiction, scandal and blatant corruption. Much of that was to do with his party, which at the time had held power for 15 years and was smug, complacent, ripping itself apart over Europe and, again, corrupt to its very core. But he was powerless to stop it and mostly clueless.

That's pretty fair as it goes.

Like most things all Governments have a shelf life, and in retrospect the election of 1992 was one the Tories would probably have been better off losing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 20:00 - Mar 27 with 1072 viewsLeonisGod

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 22:15 - Mar 26 by Witneyjack

Miliband is going to start crying in a minute. Paxman is making him look a bit silly. It's clear why he chose this part of the show to be last. My God, I fear for the future of this country with the two choices we are faced with.

My thoughts exactly. Like choosing to step in dog sh*t with your right foot or your left. For the first time it seems that there is no viable option. The Lib Dems shot themselves in the foot when they joined the coalition. UKIP may on the rise but a bunch of racist looms worse than the Tories.

Closer to home Leanne Wood has a major opportunity to exploit the public's disenchantment with the major parties but chooses to be as quiet as a mouse.

Doesn't anyone want to win this election?
Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 20:03 - Mar 27 with 1069 viewsexiledclaseboy

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 20:00 - Mar 27 by LeonisGod

My thoughts exactly. Like choosing to step in dog sh*t with your right foot or your left. For the first time it seems that there is no viable option. The Lib Dems shot themselves in the foot when they joined the coalition. UKIP may on the rise but a bunch of racist looms worse than the Tories.

Closer to home Leanne Wood has a major opportunity to exploit the public's disenchantment with the major parties but chooses to be as quiet as a mouse.

Doesn't anyone want to win this election?

Leanne Wood was on Question Time last night. She looked a bit like a rabbit in the headlights and out of her depth to be honest. Plaid won't be making any kind of breakthrough in May. They'll do well to hold on to the three seats they've currently got.

Poll: Tory leader

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 20:03 - Mar 27 with 1068 viewsmonmouth

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 19:14 - Mar 27 by exiledclaseboy

Major was a good and decent man but was a terrible prime minister. His government was riddled with contradiction, scandal and blatant corruption. Much of that was to do with his party, which at the time had held power for 15 years and was smug, complacent, ripping itself apart over Europe and, again, corrupt to its very core. But he was powerless to stop it and mostly clueless.

I suppose I have a nostalgic view of the state of the public finances at the end of that period and was so optimistic for that c*nt Blair that everything since has sickened me to the core, making what went before seem better than it might have been.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 20:05 - Mar 27 with 1075 viewsexiledclaseboy

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 19:45 - Mar 27 by Dr_Winston

That's pretty fair as it goes.

Like most things all Governments have a shelf life, and in retrospect the election of 1992 was one the Tories would probably have been better off losing.

You see, Bluey. When my longtime arch-nemesis Dr Winston thinks I'm being "fair" you know you're barking up the wrong tree.

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 20:05 - Mar 27 with 1074 viewsskippyjack

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 19:07 - Mar 27 by londonlisa2001

I agree with you - I genuinely think it is completely shameful that the tax payer subsidises wages for companies that then pay out huge dividends from billion pound profits.

Janet Street Porter on QT last night made a good point on benefits. She said that all parties see people on benefits as good targets for 2 reasons - first is that people who work don't like people who don't getting more than them (which is true) and second is that the % of people on benefits that vote is small (again, I wouldn't be at all surprised if that is true).

The difficulty as you say, is that a significant number of 'people on benefits' do work - that HAS to change.

And I think all parties use facts and figures to lambast groups that they want to lambast - the problem with all 'groups' is that they disguise the fact that all members of that group are individuals with individual circumstances. Some on benefits are unfortunate, some are workers that work for scummy employers, some are unable to work and some are scroungers who need to get off their behind. The difficulty is that the final group, though probably quite small, is quite visible and makes good TV so gives an incredibly bad name for the rest. There just needs to be a way of identifying that final group, and not punishing the others.

Lisa.. You have no idea what goes on.. People will profile your intelligence levels

That first question is testing the intelligence of a person.. The person's understanding levels.. Are you able to give a different outlook..

People are out there to test intelligence levels...

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 20:14 - Mar 27 with 1060 viewsStarsky

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 20:05 - Mar 27 by skippyjack

Lisa.. You have no idea what goes on.. People will profile your intelligence levels

That first question is testing the intelligence of a person.. The person's understanding levels.. Are you able to give a different outlook..

People are out there to test intelligence levels...

And attitudes no doubt

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 20:52 - Mar 27 with 1037 viewsDr_Winston

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 20:05 - Mar 27 by exiledclaseboy

You see, Bluey. When my longtime arch-nemesis Dr Winston thinks I'm being "fair" you know you're barking up the wrong tree.

I'm more of an antagonist than a nemesis.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 21:14 - Mar 27 with 1015 viewsLeonisGod

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 20:03 - Mar 27 by exiledclaseboy

Leanne Wood was on Question Time last night. She looked a bit like a rabbit in the headlights and out of her depth to be honest. Plaid won't be making any kind of breakthrough in May. They'll do well to hold on to the three seats they've currently got.

It's a shame. A complete waste, especially when you see what a 'proper' shrewd politician managed to do in Scotland. I'm frustrated by Plaid's lack of progress and I'm not even Welsh. Proper nationalists must be doing their nuts over it.
Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 21:17 - Mar 27 with 1013 viewsexiledclaseboy

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 21:14 - Mar 27 by LeonisGod

It's a shame. A complete waste, especially when you see what a 'proper' shrewd politician managed to do in Scotland. I'm frustrated by Plaid's lack of progress and I'm not even Welsh. Proper nationalists must be doing their nuts over it.

Most of them just appear to be smitten with Ms Wood.

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 21:20 - Mar 27 with 1006 viewsKilkennyjack

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 20:03 - Mar 27 by exiledclaseboy

And yet she was still far better than dai cam on the earlier debate malarky. I thought leanne did well and certainly spoke more sense than all the other panelists. Its a different point of view from a different type of person, its to be encouraged or we will have clones of dai cam, red ed and that idiot Clegg forever. I think you are correct on 3 seats - but i think the percentage of votes will increase quite significantly. Special mention for janet street porter who showed the shouting of random stuff still has a place in otherwise civilised debate.....but hopefully not for long.

Beware of the Risen People

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 21:25 - Mar 27 with 995 viewsmonmouth

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 21:20 - Mar 27 by Kilkennyjack

And yet she was still far better than dai cam on the earlier debate malarky. I thought leanne did well and certainly spoke more sense than all the other panelists. Its a different point of view from a different type of person, its to be encouraged or we will have clones of dai cam, red ed and that idiot Clegg forever. I think you are correct on 3 seats - but i think the percentage of votes will increase quite significantly. Special mention for janet street porter who showed the shouting of random stuff still has a place in otherwise civilised debate.....but hopefully not for long.

She started ok then turned to sh1t as soon as she was challenged in any way. Shame, I wanted her to do well but you really can't be in bed with the scots when every penny extra they will get will be to the detriment of wales one way or t'other. Came over as nice but naïve and, yes, a bit daft.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 21:40 - Mar 27 with 983 viewsexiledclaseboy

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 21:20 - Mar 27 by Kilkennyjack

Agree about Street-Porter but not much else. I don't expect Plaid's vote share to increase much, if at all. Plaid has nothing of the momentum or relevance in Wales that the SNP has in Scotland.

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 21:42 - Mar 27 with 980 viewsDr_Winston

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 21:40 - Mar 27 by exiledclaseboy

Agree about Street-Porter but not much else. I don't expect Plaid's vote share to increase much, if at all. Plaid has nothing of the momentum or relevance in Wales that the SNP has in Scotland.

And when it came to the crunch the SNP were no great shakes in Scotland either.

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 21:48 - Mar 27 with 972 viewsexiledclaseboy

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 21:42 - Mar 27 by Dr_Winston

That'll depend heavily on perspective. And we're nowhere near close enough to judge objectively. They're riding high up there though. The irony is that every seat they take from Labour increases the chance of Scotland beimg responsible for reinserting Cameron in Downing Street.

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 21:51 - Mar 27 with 971 viewsKilkennyjack

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 21:42 - Mar 27 by Dr_Winston

The people of Scotland will be the judge of that one - and soon. 40 seats ?

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 21:53 - Mar 27 with 964 viewsDr_Winston

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 21:51 - Mar 27 by Kilkennyjack

The people of Scotland were the judges of that one a few months ago. I'm surprised you didn't notice, unless of course you've blocked it out.

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 22:17 - Mar 27 with 949 viewsexiledclaseboy

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 21:51 - Mar 27 by Kilkennyjack

How do you feel about those potential 40 snp seats condemning the UK to more Tory years?

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 22:49 - Mar 27 with 930 viewstomdickharry

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 22:17 - Mar 27 by exiledclaseboy

How do you feel about those potential 40 snp seats condemning the UK to more Tory years?

Great,the more the SNP yap on about an alliance with the Party of the People more and more Tories who were disenchanted with their party before the last election will back the Tories and David will be back at No1O.

Nobody has answerd my question where did the French Revolution go wrong?
Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 22:56 - Mar 27 with 927 viewsLohengrin

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 22:49 - Mar 27 by tomdickharry

Great,the more the SNP yap on about an alliance with the Party of the People more and more Tories who were disenchanted with their party before the last election will back the Tories and David will be back at No1O.

Nobody has answerd my question where did the French Revolution go wrong?

It either killed or drove into exile the ablest French society brought forth.

A bit like Pol- Potism only with better catering.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 01:04 - Mar 28 with 897 viewsskippyjack

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 20:14 - Mar 27 by Starsky

And attitudes no doubt

Yep.. And they're not looking at mine.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 02:46 - Mar 28 with 882 viewsKilkennyjack

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 22:17 - Mar 27 by exiledclaseboy

Well in our democratic system the people decide on who gets elected - and thats all part of the deal i guess. Since you asked - the worst possible outcome for wales is a Tory/ukip coalition. That idiot Clegg wil do anything for power so we could see Tory/ukip/libdem coalition (plus ulster unionists?) as an axis of evil ....as somebody famous once said..... Anything else is a bit less of a disaster for wales. A pro Europe progressive alliance is how some might describe that alternative.... ?

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 05:46 - Mar 28 with 867 viewsjojaca

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 02:46 - Mar 28 by Kilkennyjack

Well in our democratic system the people decide on who gets elected - and thats all part of the deal i guess. Since you asked - the worst possible outcome for wales is a Tory/ukip coalition. That idiot Clegg wil do anything for power so we could see Tory/ukip/libdem coalition (plus ulster unionists?) as an axis of evil ....as somebody famous once said..... Anything else is a bit less of a disaster for wales. A pro Europe progressive alliance is how some might describe that alternative.... ?

We are all peasants serving the Queen. It does not matter who is in charge, they will have same agenda. Russell Brand and others could be right, is it worth voting?. I personally can only see David Cameron in charge again, they are doing their best not to expose him to much in the media. I would like Cameron to have a ding dong with Farage like Clegg vs Farage, just for pure entertainment.

Even when you know, you never know?

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 12:03 - Mar 28 with 833 viewsexiledclaseboy

Paxman with Cameron and Milliband Sky News 9pm on 02:46 - Mar 28 by Kilkennyjack

Your first sentence is just incorrect. Our system isn't democratic and the people don't get to decide who governs them. The people of Scotland, for example, may get to decide who governs the rest of the UK but the rest of us will just get stuck with their choice and the choice of a couple of million voters in about 100 marginal seats. The only sure thing is that whoever is governing the UK on 8 May, at least 60-65% of the entire country won't have voted for them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024