Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea have American youth on trial 12:22 - Mar 27 with 3065 viewsTheSwanseaWay

Not seen this reported elsewhere (could have missed it but never know) - got it from the trust minutes. Apparently we've had a kid from North Shore United on trial:

http://theswanseaway.co.uk/2015/03/swansea-cast-eye-over-american-starlet/
Swansea have American youth on trial on 12:27 - Mar 27 with 3042 viewsPegojack

I defy anyone to come up with a chant for Mr Prpa.
Swansea have American youth on trial on 13:07 - Mar 27 with 2970 viewsadamswan

Great to see. It's a matter of time before there is a huge US talent. Spent a few weeeks with family in California last summer, the junior football scene is massive, and the facilities put our grassroots stuff to shame. Does anyone know how the trial went?
Swansea have American youth on trial on 13:29 - Mar 27 with 2921 viewswhiterock

Swansea have American youth on trial on 12:27 - Mar 27 by Pegojack

Could be the Pearl and Dean advert they used to play in the cinema?

Coat
Swansea have American youth on trial on 13:35 - Mar 27 with 2897 viewsWarwickHunt

Swansea have American youth on trial on 13:29 - Mar 27 by whiterock

Coat

Winner.

Swansea have American youth on trial on 13:48 - Mar 27 with 2871 viewsblueytheblue

Coat

Post of the year candidate in my book.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Swansea have American youth on trial on 14:10 - Mar 27 with 2830 viewsGlyn1

Coat

Brilliant!

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Swansea have American youth on trial on 14:23 - Mar 27 with 2805 viewsPegojack

Coat

Fair play, that's a cracker!
Swansea have American youth on trial on 15:15 - Mar 27 with 2742 viewsScoobyWho

Swansea have American youth on trial on 13:07 - Mar 27 by adamswan

Great to see. It's a matter of time before there is a huge US talent. Spent a few weeeks with family in California last summer, the junior football scene is massive, and the facilities put our grassroots stuff to shame. Does anyone know how the trial went?

The USA facilities will be magnificent then as Swansea City have huge resourcing and groundbreaking facilities for all team levels now. Including youth and younger.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea have American youth on trial on 15:37 - Mar 27 with 2709 viewsDavillin

How about "The Prpa People Eater:"

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Swansea have American youth on trial on 16:56 - Mar 27 with 2630 viewsstAteSwan

Speaking of Northshore United. Nearby Minnesota United (beat us in a friendly this summer) was announced as the newest member of MLS beginning in 2018. Might be a good club to partner with in the future. While not fan owned, MUFC has a similar history. A few years ago they ran through owners like they were going out of style, and became known in the area as "The Club that no one wants"
Swansea have American youth on trial on 17:04 - Mar 27 with 2621 viewswhiterock

Swansea have American youth on trial on 16:56 - Mar 27 by stAteSwan

Speaking of Northshore United. Nearby Minnesota United (beat us in a friendly this summer) was announced as the newest member of MLS beginning in 2018. Might be a good club to partner with in the future. While not fan owned, MUFC has a similar history. A few years ago they ran through owners like they were going out of style, and became known in the area as "The Club that no one wants"

They'll have to improve that pitch though, I've played on some howlers in my time and reminded me of Paradise Park on a bad day.
To be fair,there's plenty of land around to develop and the guv'nors not short of a bob or two either, best of luck, Swansea City made some good friends the last summer
Swansea have American youth on trial on 17:05 - Mar 27 with 2619 viewsScoobyWho

I hope Minnesotan dont put too much credibility on beating the swans in a pre season friendly. It would most definitely skew their thinking and give them an inflated idea as to how good they really are.

Swansea have American youth on trial on 17:08 - Mar 27 with 2612 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea have American youth on trial on 17:05 - Mar 27 by ScoobyWho

I hope Minnesotan dont put too much credibility on beating the swans in a pre season friendly. It would most definitely skew their thinking and give them an inflated idea as to how good they really are.

To be fair, there are a lot on here that put great store on us losing these sort of pre season matches. A number predicted a season of struggle because of our pre season games.

Winning the first game away at Man Utd stopped it in its tracks fairly swiftly of course !!
Swansea have American youth on trial on 17:11 - Mar 27 with 2605 viewsScoobyWho

Swansea have American youth on trial on 17:08 - Mar 27 by londonlisa2001

To be fair, there are a lot on here that put great store on us losing these sort of pre season matches. A number predicted a season of struggle because of our pre season games.

Winning the first game away at Man Utd stopped it in its tracks fairly swiftly of course !!

I did read somewere that Minnesota beat Swansea who then beat Man Utd which makes Minnesota premier league standard !

Shocking lack of understanding regards professional football.

Swansea have American youth on trial on 17:14 - Mar 27 with 2595 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea have American youth on trial on 17:11 - Mar 27 by ScoobyWho

I did read somewere that Minnesota beat Swansea who then beat Man Utd which makes Minnesota premier league standard !

Shocking lack of understanding regards professional football.

ha - yes - that's exactly the way it works...

Or alternatively, it's possible I suppose that we put in a bit more effort at Man U.
Swansea have American youth on trial on 17:40 - Mar 27 with 2549 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Swansea have American youth on trial on 17:08 - Mar 27 by londonlisa2001

I only really recall one person going on and on about it, and about how Man U revolution was underway...

They went vewy vewy quiet though...

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Swansea have American youth on trial on 19:21 - Mar 27 with 2446 viewsMartyrman57

His username was an anagram of SSYD I believe
Swansea have American youth on trial on 19:30 - Mar 27 with 2421 viewslondonlisa2001

Swansea have American youth on trial on 17:40 - Mar 27 by NeiltheTaylor

I only really recall one person going on and on about it, and about how Man U revolution was underway...

They went vewy vewy quiet though...

we had quite a long thread as I recall about how crap we were pre season !!

Although I remember the 'revolution' post as well ...
Swansea have American youth on trial on 22:21 - Mar 27 with 2279 viewsswansRus

P-R-P-A -

you know the tune.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024