Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? 18:18 - Mar 27 with 6951 viewsDanielswan

Who surprised you in a bad or good way? and why?

I have followed Swansea only a year before Laudrup stepped in, so not much history here. I have to say that Michu comes first, I never ever expected him to just start banging them in when he was signed.

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 10:34 - Mar 28 with 1573 viewsLohengrin

Matthew Rush. I know he was only a loan signing but I honestly thought he'd go on to be a top international.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 10:51 - Mar 28 with 1559 viewsScoobyWho

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:23 - Mar 27 by PozuelosSideys

We have had countless players who have been worse than Schecter - well, unless somebody has only been following us since the PL.

Stewart Phillips wins.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 11:02 - Mar 28 with 1544 viewsLohengrin

Linton Brown, anybody?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 11:13 - Mar 28 with 1531 viewsperchrockjack

Alvaro Vasquez. On his own and would have been shot at dawn if in army.

David Ngog. Just why, why?

Value for money. Hard to seperate Britton, Williams and Rangel but Ash shades it for me simply for fitness and attitude levels.
Ive still not got over him being accused of being a "Bottler".

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 12:23 - Mar 28 with 1499 viewsDafyddHuw

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:34 - Mar 27 by plasjack

Trump you with Julian Alsop.

I'll see your Julian Alsop and raise you Aiden Newhouse.
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 12:40 - Mar 28 with 1489 viewsjack247

Walter Boyd and Brad Maylett are far from the most disappointing players we have had, but based on Boyds sensational debut and Mayletts hattrick in either his debut or one of his first games as a permanent signing, they both looked world beaters.

Boyd had the talent, but not sure he was up for the physical challenge of scrapping it out with lower league defenders on cabbage patches in winter. Maylett was ok, but never got near his initial promise.
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 12:49 - Mar 28 with 1481 viewsStarsky

Memorable positive debut impact

1: Michu

2: Jeremy Charles

3: Leon Knight

Memorable negative debut impact

1: Pawel Abbot

2: Derek Bellotti

3: Daisy McEachran
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 15:36]

It's just the internet, init.

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 12:51 - Mar 28 with 1479 viewsBloodyhills

Ante Rajković, one of the best if not the best defender we have had. We signed him in our promtion season but he only played two games so was a bit of an unknown but showed true class in the old first division. The pundits at the time were lamenting England's lack of a sweeper and if only they had one like Ante Rajkovic.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Login to get fewer ads

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 12:55 - Mar 28 with 1474 viewsStarsky

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 11:02 - Mar 28 by Lohengrin

Linton Brown, anybody?

Went to a reserve game and saw Linton Brown score a spectacular long range volley.

The look of disbelief on our coaches in the dugout was a picture. Haha.

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 13:16 - Mar 28 with 1462 viewsJackSomething

For disappointment after a great start, both Goodfellow and Duffy stand out for me in recent times.

Most surprising in a good way, I'd second Rangel. A player who we picked up after going to scout someone else, cost peanuts and went on to be a mainstay in the team, including at Prem level.

I'd also put Bodde forward. He was hyped up on arrival, but his performance in his debut against Oldham was genuinely staggering to me.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 13:16 - Mar 28 with 1461 viewsjack247

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 12:49 - Mar 28 by Starsky

Memorable positive debut impact

1: Michu

2: Jeremy Charles

3: Leon Knight

Memorable negative debut impact

1: Pawel Abbot

2: Derek Bellotti

3: Daisy McEachran
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 15:36]

3. Made such a minimal impact you forgot his name was Josh 😉. I don't disagree though.
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 13:22 - Mar 28 with 1459 viewsSgorioFruit

Pawell Abott

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 14:00 - Mar 28 with 1434 viewsGlyn1

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 18:31 - Mar 27 by MyFinalHeaven

Fabianski. He's done a hell of a lot better than I thought he would. With the way he's been playing this season, its hard to grasp that he used to have the name "Flappyhandski."

Jack Cork is another one who's exceeded my expectations a lot.
[Post edited 27 Mar 2015 18:39]

Fabianski must be wondering to himself if he would now be the regular Arsenal keeper if he had stayed there for one more season. Thank God he didn't, but he's miles better than David Ospina who's currently their number one.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 15:07 - Mar 28 with 1403 viewshobo

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 11:13 - Mar 28 by perchrockjack

Alvaro Vasquez. On his own and would have been shot at dawn if in army.

David Ngog. Just why, why?

Value for money. Hard to seperate Britton, Williams and Rangel but Ash shades it for me simply for fitness and attitude levels.
Ive still not got over him being accused of being a "Bottler".

Disagree about Vazquez. Really think we should have tried taking him on permanently, as I think he has great potential, as he's showing in La Liga this season
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 15:25 - Mar 28 with 1387 viewsDrizzy

There is absolutely no way we should have signed Vazquez permanently as he was absolutely abysmal here. It's all well and good that he's showing some potential in La Liga but it only angers me further when looking back at his complete and utter ineptitude.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 15:29 - Mar 28 with 1314 viewsOldjack

Jimmy's ,standing ovation he had

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 15:34 - Mar 28 with 1310 viewsStarsky

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 15:25 - Mar 28 by Drizzy

There is absolutely no way we should have signed Vazquez permanently as he was absolutely abysmal here. It's all well and good that he's showing some potential in La Liga but it only angers me further when looking back at his complete and utter ineptitude.

Correct
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 15:35]

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 15:39 - Mar 28 with 1302 viewskarnataka

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 10:32 - Mar 28 by Zut_Alors

Premier League era would be Routs for me. Fantastic for us since he's been here.

Rangel is definitely up there considering the level he was playing at and what he cost but yes, Routs for me has been fantastic against all expectations. Journeyed around loads of teams without ever seeming to catch fire but found his home with us and I'll always be glad he did. May only occasionally have been our best player but always the one I've enjoyed watching the most since he's been with us and given me good value for the cost of my ST. Just a shame Brendan would never use him as long as Scotty was able to walk.
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 15:42 - Mar 28 with 1300 viewsairedale

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 12:51 - Mar 28 by Bloodyhills

Ante Rajković, one of the best if not the best defender we have had. We signed him in our promtion season but he only played two games so was a bit of an unknown but showed true class in the old first division. The pundits at the time were lamenting England's lack of a sweeper and if only they had one like Ante Rajkovic.

Agreed (I think, I always get confused between him and Habzeabdij). I don't like to say the best, but imo, there was no-one better in the division in that position. I was absolutely gobsmacked when he didn't make it into the Yugo World Cup squad. Unbelieveable.
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 16:54 - Mar 28 with 1269 viewsStarsky

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 13:22 - Mar 28 by SgorioFruit

Pawell Abott

We were both wrong.

It's Pawel

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 17:53 - Mar 28 with 1250 viewsnyc_swans

what about michel vorm?

i don't think the team would have stayed up that first year without him, tbh. was world class for a season. made it to first choice for holland. i think he was 1 million and relatively unknown at the time. despite how he's viewed now, he was massively important that first year.
The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 18:21 - Mar 28 with 1247 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 09:06 - Mar 28 by Dr_Winston

There are no lengths that you won't go to to arse kiss Martinez are there?

It's all he ever posts about

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 18:22 - Mar 28 with 1246 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Richie appleby

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:06 - Mar 28 with 1229 viewsBloodyhills

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 15:07 - Mar 28 by hobo

Disagree about Vazquez. Really think we should have tried taking him on permanently, as I think he has great potential, as he's showing in La Liga this season

Disagree with that, Vazquez was awful.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 19:09 - Mar 28 with 1227 viewsBloodyhills

The most surprising (performance wise) signing ever? on 17:53 - Mar 28 by nyc_swans

what about michel vorm?

i don't think the team would have stayed up that first year without him, tbh. was world class for a season. made it to first choice for holland. i think he was 1 million and relatively unknown at the time. despite how he's viewed now, he was massively important that first year.

True enough, he was amazing the first season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024