Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh Football This Weekend 10:50 - Mar 28 with 1525 viewsSgorioFruit

Massive weekend for the lower league Welsh clubs.

Newport kicked things off last night by beating Accrington Stanley away 0-2 to move up to 6th place. I really hope they land a play off place end of season.

Wrexham travel to WEMBLEY to try get their hands on the FA Trophy for the second time. Im hoping I can find a link for this game somewhere as I cannot find it on the box.

Colwyn Bay host Brackley Town, both clubs are fighting for survival. So a massive game for Colwyn Bay to leapfrog Brackley in the table.

Merthyr Town travel to Sholing. I think Merthyr are 2 wins away from winning their league outright, which will then place them two divisons away from the conference premier.

And of course ISRAEL V WALES.
why oh why can we not watch our own national football team on the tv that we all pay licenses for? We all have to put up with England on the box every time they play, but we live in Wales, and unless you subscribe to sky then you cannot watch it. Disgusting.
But good luck to Wales, and safe journey to anyone and everyone who has gone out there to watch them.

Have a good weekend all.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Welsh Football This Weekend on 20:33 - Mar 28 with 1405 viewsSgorioFruit

Acrrington Stanley 0-2 NEWPORT COUNTY
COLWYN BAY 1-0 Brackley Town
Sholing 0-1 MERTHYR TOWN
Israel 0-3 WALES (of course)

just need Wrexham to win at Wembley tomorrow and that's 5/5
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 20:38]

Welsh Football This Weekend on 21:28 - Mar 28 with 1353 viewsKilkennyjack

Well done to all the Cymros ! Tidy like.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh Football This Weekend on 21:48 - Mar 28 with 1308 viewsorion3016

Merthyr are 13 points clear with a better goal diff +24 and only 5 games left.
That's what you called nailed on

Be over there now after

Welsh Football This Weekend on 22:41 - Mar 28 with 1284 viewsSgorioFruit

Welsh Football This Weekend on 21:48 - Mar 28 by orion3016

Merthyr are 13 points clear with a better goal diff +24 and only 5 games left.
That's what you called nailed on

We have been waiting for this all season havnt we mate?

Welsh Football This Weekend on 09:00 - Mar 29 with 1209 viewsorion3016

Welsh Football This Weekend on 22:41 - Mar 28 by SgorioFruit

We have been waiting for this all season havnt we mate?

The good news is all the teams that have gone up to the premiership have done really well so I'm expecting a decent run at the play offs next season. Only 1 team in the premier - Weymouth have a higher average attendance

Be over there now after

Welsh Football This Weekend on 12:08 - Mar 29 with 1149 viewsEdmundo

Nice to see so many Welsh sides doing well. All bodes well for the game in Wales. Never displace rugby but definitely a lot more interest now 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Welsh Football This Weekend on 14:59 - Mar 29 with 1109 viewsSgorioFruit

Welsh Football This Weekend on 09:00 - Mar 29 by orion3016

The good news is all the teams that have gone up to the premiership have done really well so I'm expecting a decent run at the play offs next season. Only 1 team in the premier - Weymouth have a higher average attendance

Yes I have been looking out for Hungerford and Paulton's results recently. I really hope Merthyr push on for the play offs. I can see a bright future for the Martyrs. The higher the league they play in the more better quality football would be on offer should Newport, Cardiff and Swansea want to send their youngsters out on loan to.

Welsh Football This Weekend on 15:02 - Mar 29 with 1105 viewsSgorioFruit

Welsh Football This Weekend on 12:08 - Mar 29 by Edmundo

Nice to see so many Welsh sides doing well. All bodes well for the game in Wales. Never displace rugby but definitely a lot more interest now 👍

Yes mate I agree,
it was fantastic to see Newport get back into the football league.
If Wrexham can do the same then that would be brilliant for the game in Wales.
That would only leave Colwyn Bay and Merthyr as welsh non league teams in the English pyramid. And I can see Merthyr going from strength to strength, So who knows.

Login to get fewer ads

Welsh Football This Weekend on 17:19 - Mar 29 with 1048 viewsEdmundo

Welsh Football This Weekend on 15:02 - Mar 29 by SgorioFruit

Yes mate I agree,
That would only leave Colwyn Bay and Merthyr as welsh non league teams in the English pyramid. And I can see Merthyr going from strength to strength, So who knows.

Merthyr definitely on the rise, would be nice if Wrexham can make the push next season to join Newport. Maybe they'll be in Lge 1 by then 👍

How many leagues below conf are Colwyn Bay?

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Welsh Football This Weekend on 18:37 - Mar 29 with 1023 viewstrampie

Welsh Football This Weekend on 15:02 - Mar 29 by SgorioFruit

Yes mate I agree,

Swansea are doing well, i'm not going to say they are 1 league above were they should be but they are doing well.
Cardiff fans would say they are a league below where they should be, probably some neutral Welsh footie fans would say the same, yet again Cardiff are underachieving.
Newport are where they should be.
Wrexham are one if not two divisions below where they should be.
Merthyr are a few divisions below where they should be, they should be 5th Division [Football Conference].
Colwyn Bay are about where they should be.

Big disappointment for many neutral Welsh footie fans that Wrexham lost out to Newport, we already had 2 South Wales teams in the league set up but no team from North Wales, Wrexham been seen as a bigger stature club with better infrastructure by some and at the time fans were saying if that the Wrexham team did not make it the side would break up, yet if Newport had not made it fans thought they would have made it the following season, so we would have ended up with both teams in the football league instead of just the one if Wrexham had managed to have won that play off final.

Merthyr have been one of the stronger non league teams in the country [country as in England and Wales] in past years and they need to get back to the 5th Division asap.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Welsh Football This Weekend on 19:51 - Mar 29 with 997 viewsorion3016

Welsh Football This Weekend on 18:37 - Mar 29 by trampie

Swansea are doing well, i'm not going to say they are 1 league above were they should be but they are doing well.
Cardiff fans would say they are a league below where they should be, probably some neutral Welsh footie fans would say the same, yet again Cardiff are underachieving.
Newport are where they should be.
Wrexham are one if not two divisions below where they should be.
Merthyr are a few divisions below where they should be, they should be 5th Division [Football Conference].
Colwyn Bay are about where they should be.

Big disappointment for many neutral Welsh footie fans that Wrexham lost out to Newport, we already had 2 South Wales teams in the league set up but no team from North Wales, Wrexham been seen as a bigger stature club with better infrastructure by some and at the time fans were saying if that the Wrexham team did not make it the side would break up, yet if Newport had not made it fans thought they would have made it the following season, so we would have ended up with both teams in the football league instead of just the one if Wrexham had managed to have won that play off final.

Merthyr have been one of the stronger non league teams in the country [country as in England and Wales] in past years and they need to get back to the 5th Division asap.

5th division for merthyr is quite a long way away. Realistically best they could do with budgets etc is conference South. The team they have now if they hold onto most players is good enough for southern premier

Be over there now after

Welsh Football This Weekend on 20:16 - Mar 29 with 969 viewstrampie

Welsh Football This Weekend on 19:51 - Mar 29 by orion3016

5th division for merthyr is quite a long way away. Realistically best they could do with budgets etc is conference South. The team they have now if they hold onto most players is good enough for southern premier

I think Merthyr share the record for the amount of Southern League titles won with Southampton, there was no conference league until recent decades, so basically Merthyr were one of the best non league teams in the country.

Merthyr finished in the top 10 of the Conference for a few seasons, finished 4th once I believe, i'm talking in a general sense and not about the players Merthyr currently have but the size of the town and their standing merits them being in the 5th Division.

It wasn't that long ago that they beat the Italian cup holders in the Cup Winners Cup at home and have beaten Swansea, Cardiff and Newport in Welsh cup finals.

At various times in their history they were unlucky not to have been a football league team.
[Post edited 29 Mar 2015 20:18]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Welsh Football This Weekend on 21:25 - Mar 29 with 932 viewsKilkennyjack

Wrexham dreadful result today. Piss poor.

For me, newport is a city that can be a football league club. Location helps with both south Wales and bristol very close by. Wrexham can do it as well - due to them representing half of wales and with liverpool and manchester so close. Not so sure about merthyr, but i wish them well as they climb the leagues. I had thought merthyr and Colwyn Bay should get a reality check and support the welsh premiership.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh Football This Weekend on 21:35 - Mar 29 with 919 viewsblueytheblue

Don't blame Sky. The TV rights are out there to be bought...

The licence fee should be abolished anyway, a ridiculous tax to subsidise BC - we only watch 3-4 programmes on it yet have to pay the same...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024