Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff City or Swansea City 11:56 - Mar 28 with 9713 viewsSwanzay

Just which is Wales' biggest football club? We present the opposing arguments after new study claims to settle debate

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-swansea-c
Cardiff City or Swansea City on 17:48 - Mar 28 with 2324 viewsjack247

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 17:44 - Mar 28 by ScoobyDoo

I.m not comparing jack, you are. hey ho.

Well no, the Daily Mail are. I'm just pointing out how wrong they are and how flaccid Paul Abottonados argument is. He can only work with the tools he is given I guess.
Cardiff City or Swansea City on 17:53 - Mar 28 with 2321 viewsStarsky

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 16:50 - Mar 28 by Highjack

Where are Wanderers FC? Old Etonians and Old Carthusians? They should be on the list as they won the FA cup in the same period as Cardiff did.

1927 Cardiff won the cup. The same year that Aberdare & Merthyr were also football league clubs.

Not a very relevant period to site elitism from, these days.

It's just the internet, init.

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 18:05 - Mar 28 with 2313 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 17:53 - Mar 28 by Starsky

1927 Cardiff won the cup. The same year that Aberdare & Merthyr were also football league clubs.

Not a very relevant period to site elitism from, these days.

F*ck, it was all over Pathe mun.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 18:06 - Mar 28 with 2302 viewsStarsky

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 18:05 - Mar 28 by Brynmill_Jack

That's news to me ;-)

It's just the internet, init.

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 18:21 - Mar 28 with 2288 viewsEdmundo

No current Cardiff fan can actually say 'I was there' 😉

Whereas 50% plus will have seen us win the League Cup, won away in the Eufa Cup or been at some if the many wins over top 6 Premier League sides....that'll do for me 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 18:24 - Mar 28 with 2285 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 18:21 - Mar 28 by Edmundo

No current Cardiff fan can actually say 'I was there' 😉

Whereas 50% plus will have seen us win the League Cup, won away in the Eufa Cup or been at some if the many wins over top 6 Premier League sides....that'll do for me 👍

We didn't need the opposition Goalkeeper (from the Rhondda incidentally) to throw the ball in his own net either

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 18:52 - Mar 28 with 2266 viewsmonmouth

Oh dear. It's killing them isn't it. They are truly pathetic. Excellent.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 18:53 - Mar 28 with 2266 viewsdgt73

How the Fcuk can anyone compare those up the road to us is beyond belief. We are the number one club in South Wales and yes that includes being the biggest....

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 19:25 - Mar 28 with 2238 viewsItchySphincter

It's a similar thing to the Rangers/Celtic thing - Rangers are the biggest club in Scotland but Celtic are the bigger club globally. Woohoo, Cardiff are the biggest club in Wales, good for them.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 19:37 - Mar 28 with 2217 viewsunion_jack

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 19:25 - Mar 28 by ItchySphincter

It's a similar thing to the Rangers/Celtic thing - Rangers are the biggest club in Scotland but Celtic are the bigger club globally. Woohoo, Cardiff are the biggest club in Wales, good for them.

The meme says ut all for me. Really bored with this.

The different factors that have to be taken into account make it impossible to determine who is biggest.

However, the Ablandtomato argument is fairly convincing I have to say. As we debate this however, there is no contest which he admits to be fair.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 19:46 - Mar 28 with 2208 viewsBloodyhills

Just read the article and this, 'traditional powerhouses Cardiff' made me laugh.

The criteria used by the DM may be contentious but in no way have Cardiff ever been a 'powerhouse'!

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 19:49 - Mar 28 with 2206 viewsDewi1jack

so having seen the news reel, their most successful period was when they were in black and white.

Think on Uncle Vinny when you go for your next colour change

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 19:51 - Mar 28 with 2201 viewsBloodyhills

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 19:46 - Mar 28 by Bloodyhills

Just read the article and this, 'traditional powerhouses Cardiff' made me laugh.

The criteria used by the DM may be contentious but in no way have Cardiff ever been a 'powerhouse'!

Oh, except maybe for coal exports!

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 19:56 - Mar 28 with 2189 viewsdgt73

The big question is does anyone read let alone buy the western Mail. As for kardiff, one season in the top flight in 54 years says all you need to know regarding the size/potential of that club. The fact the mighty Swans are now the top dogs is killing the scummy b@stards.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 19:57]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 20:02 - Mar 28 with 2176 viewsDr_Winston

They won the cup once you know. Less times than Bury or Old Etonians mind, but they won it.

Otherwise they're just Bradford with a bigger media market.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 20:06 - Mar 28 with 2201 viewsBloodyhills

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 19:49 - Mar 28 by Dewi1jack

so having seen the news reel, their most successful period was when they were in black and white.

Well, let's face it, they were shit in red and not so good in blue for a long time so maybe Tan should change their colours again. Maybe Black and white hoops? :D

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 20:08 - Mar 28 with 2196 viewsBloodyhills

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 17:48 - Mar 28 by jack247

Well no, the Daily Mail are. I'm just pointing out how wrong they are and how flaccid Paul Abottonados argument is. He can only work with the tools he is given I guess.

Abottonado doesn't just have flacid arguments but is a flacid tool.

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 20:08 - Mar 28 with 2194 viewsmonmouth

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 20:02 - Mar 28 by Dr_Winston

They won the cup once you know. Less times than Bury or Old Etonians mind, but they won it.

Otherwise they're just Bradford with a bigger media market.

They (after winning the welsh cup) also beat a Real Madrid team that were so poor they were in the cup winners cup (imagine that now, there would be murders). Oh no, they didn't did they? They lost.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 20:12 - Mar 28 with 2185 viewsBloodyhills

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 20:08 - Mar 28 by Bloodyhills

Abottonado doesn't just have flacid arguments but is a flacid tool.

Apologies for coming out with these remarks. I don't really care one bit about what Cardiff are doing but am bored as there is sod all worth watching on TV!

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 20:23 - Mar 28 with 2172 viewsGixerJack

I read something the other day that made reference to a Cardiff city star.... I didn't read any further because it was obviously boiiocks
Cardiff City or Swansea City on 21:49 - Mar 28 with 2119 viewsKilkennyjack

Cardiff city owes £118 million. Think about that number for a minute. Its mismanagement at an unimaginable scale. And that stat alone means that cardiff city's best days are behind them for the forseeable future. Its lost a million pound every month for nearly a decade. My head hurts. The reverse stat is sobering - earn a million pound a month profit for a decade just to break even. Simply ain't going to happen. The only future is black and white.

Beware of the Risen People

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 22:00 - Mar 28 with 2105 viewsmorningstar

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 21:49 - Mar 28 by Kilkennyjack

Cardiff city owes £118 million. Think about that number for a minute. Its mismanagement at an unimaginable scale. And that stat alone means that cardiff city's best days are behind them for the forseeable future. Its lost a million pound every month for nearly a decade. My head hurts. The reverse stat is sobering - earn a million pound a month profit for a decade just to break even. Simply ain't going to happen. The only future is black and white.

Where have you been for the last year?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2970822/Cardiff-City-announce-

[Post edited 28 Mar 2015 22:01]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 22:12 - Mar 28 with 2073 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Who, besides perhaps a delusional, bitter Cardiff fan, would even try to bring this subject up? Walesonline is on crack.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 22:28 - Mar 28 with 2060 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 19:49 - Mar 28 by Dewi1jack

Yes, the period when everyone walked in fast forward and in black and white. That must have killed em too

Cardiff City or Swansea City on 22:50 - Mar 28 with 2043 viewscwrw

I can't even consider them as viable contenders. Their debt is horrendous and their crowds seriously on the decline. The changing colours and badge episode is one in a long line of catastrophic blunders made by the people running the club. The racism issue with them and McKay is still unresolved. Season ticket sales are down and they're going to struggle to get 10K next season

How anyone could think that they are bigger or better than us is beyond me. I can only assume they have a form of mental illness. All this and I didn't even mention their playing squad and style of play. They're light years behind us and when we expand we will attract fans away from them and their traditional strongholds. Why would a kid from the valleys want to watch lower league hoofball when they could watch Premier League football
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024