Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GTA 5 Dillema 21:06 - Mar 29 with 10179 viewsSwanzay

My step son is banned from playing GTA as I think he is far to young (10), yet our neighbour son of the same age is allowed to play it at will, which causes some friction between the two, due to the jealousy and nagging for us!
Thoughts?
GTA 5 Dillema on 13:17 - Apr 20 with 1266 viewsDarran

GTA 5 Dillema on 13:14 - Apr 20 by Cooperman

I'll expand on that then to include anything conducted outdoors. It's a cracking day for some photography.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

GTA 5 Dillema on 13:20 - Apr 20 with 1263 viewsJackSomething

GTA 5 Dillema on 12:23 - Apr 20 by Cooperman

A good bike ride sounds like a much better option especially on a day like today.

Am I allowed to do both?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

GTA 5 Dillema on 16:34 - Apr 20 with 1221 viewsJimmyGilligan

GTA 5 Dillema on 12:06 - Apr 20 by Lord_Bony

Ok job done I'm ordering it today on steam.

I ll try to stick with it but if I don't gel with a game after half hour or so I normally ditch it.

Have to admit though this looks tasty graphics wise...and to think it all started off from humble beginnings in Scotland a few years ago to become this multi billion international monster of a game.

Well done to the developers...but keep young kids away from this please.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2015 12:07]

One thing I forgot to mention: When I first got it I started playing solely using mouse and keyboard, and nearly binned it in the process. I then plugged my game pad in and haven't stopped playing since. The game lets you use all 3 seamlessly at once, a couple of missions, for example require you to be deadly accurate with the cursor, and I found it impossible with the gamepad alone. Using both I was able to cock the gun using LT on the gamepad and aiming and shooting with the mouse... you'll see what I mean.

TL;DR Get a gamepad
GTA 5 Dillema on 18:32 - Apr 20 with 1174 viewsgriffneath

Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread. I was having the same issue with my 11 year old. Solution I have found is to set up his own character online, set him up in a private session so there is only him in it (avoids the choice language of other players) and play it with him for an hour or so. He's only allowed to play it with me and if he starts mowing people down or picking up prossies its off and he doesn't get to play any more. It's worked well for me the last few months as he just enjoys running around in the cars and jumping off things.
Then when he's gone to bed I go nuts and kill everything in sight
GTA 5 Dillema on 02:52 - Apr 21 with 1112 viewsphact0rri

GTA 5 Dillema on 12:06 - Apr 20 by Lord_Bony

Ok job done I'm ordering it today on steam.

I ll try to stick with it but if I don't gel with a game after half hour or so I normally ditch it.

Have to admit though this looks tasty graphics wise...and to think it all started off from humble beginnings in Scotland a few years ago to become this multi billion international monster of a game.

Well done to the developers...but keep young kids away from this please.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2015 12:07]

A few years ago? DMA started in the 80's. Fun fact they are also responsible for Lemmings.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

GTA 5 Dillema on 07:38 - Apr 21 with 1108 viewsjacksinceever

GTA 5 Dillema on 14:04 - Mar 30 by C_jack

You know your son better than anyone.

Some 10 year olds will be sensible enough to know that it's just a game, and a bit of fun

Some 10 year olds will not understand the separation between reality and fiction, and will be heavily influenced by the control they are given.

This is 100 % true.
I am of the opinion that age ratings are there for a reason and should be adhered to. Also encourage kids (of all ages) to get out of the house and out and about over the park etc, to experience real life.
I do also agree that some people (kids and adults) have the common sense to enjoy games, films etc, and separate them from real life.
It's the ones who cannot that need the stricter control
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024