Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GTA 5 Dillema 21:06 - Mar 29 with 10180 viewsSwanzay

My step son is banned from playing GTA as I think he is far to young (10), yet our neighbour son of the same age is allowed to play it at will, which causes some friction between the two, due to the jealousy and nagging for us!
Thoughts?
GTA 5 Dillema on 10:43 - Mar 30 with 2016 viewsskippyjack

GTA 5 Dillema on 10:33 - Mar 30 by JackSomething

Using the console as a reward for getting work done and limiting the time he's allowed to play it are both sensible suggestions.

But the point you're missing here is that GTA 5 is an 18-rated game for a reason and a 10-year old should not be playing it, no matter how much homework they do. Just like responsible parents do not let their 10-year old watch 18-rated films, they shouldn't let them play an 18-rated game.

It's not about having a degree, it's about having some common sense.

Common sense.. I bet around a 10 million 8 to 17 year olds play this game.. They're not all criminals or vandals are they? What are professors teaching you lot?.. Actually a report suggests playing console games reduces crime rates.. But don't let facts get in the way of 'common sense'.. I'm actually afraid to do a degree.. It's frightening.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

GTA 5 Dillema on 11:06 - Mar 30 with 2000 viewsairedale

I was 49 before Mum and Dad let me play it.
GTA 5 Dillema on 11:07 - Mar 30 with 2000 viewsJackSomething

GTA 5 Dillema on 10:43 - Mar 30 by skippyjack

Common sense.. I bet around a 10 million 8 to 17 year olds play this game.. They're not all criminals or vandals are they? What are professors teaching you lot?.. Actually a report suggests playing console games reduces crime rates.. But don't let facts get in the way of 'common sense'.. I'm actually afraid to do a degree.. It's frightening.

Millions of kids also drink, smoke, take drugs and watch movies they're too young for. It doesn't make it a good idea for them to do so.

No professor taught me how to raise my child, I'm using my brain, something you seem chronically unable to do sadly.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

GTA 5 Dillema on 11:38 - Mar 30 with 1983 viewsskippyjack

GTA 5 Dillema on 11:07 - Mar 30 by JackSomething

Millions of kids also drink, smoke, take drugs and watch movies they're too young for. It doesn't make it a good idea for them to do so.

No professor taught me how to raise my child, I'm using my brain, something you seem chronically unable to do sadly.

You're not çomparing them 3 to video games are you?

Professors created the structure and institutions you've learnt from..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:42 - Mar 30 with 1979 viewsKGriz16

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:42 - Mar 30 with 1979 viewsKGriz16

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:30 - Mar 30 with 1940 viewsshandyjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:42 - Mar 30 by KGriz16

If they are being brought up to know the difference between right and wrong and reality and fiction then what's the big deal?

Poll: Expectation for the season

GTA 5 Dillema on 13:43 - Mar 30 with 1931 viewsItchySphincter

GTA 5 Dillema on 10:43 - Mar 30 by skippyjack

You're having a mare son.

I used to enjoy a bit of GTA in the early days but for those that aren't familiar:

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

GTA 5 Dillema on 14:04 - Mar 30 with 1905 viewsC_jack

You know your son better than anyone.

Some 10 year olds will be sensible enough to know that it's just a game, and a bit of fun

Some 10 year olds will not understand the separation between reality and fiction, and will be heavily influenced by the control they are given.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

GTA 5 Dillema on 14:05 - Mar 30 with 1903 viewsskippyjack

GTA 5 Dillema on 13:43 - Mar 30 by ItchySphincter

You're having a mare son.

I used to enjoy a bit of GTA in the early days but for those that aren't familiar:

It's all opinion.. But I'm correct.. Let his school results suffer..

GTA 5 Dillema on 14:24 - Mar 30 with 1888 viewsskippyjack

GTA 5 Dillema on 14:04 - Mar 30 by C_jack

You know your son better than anyone.

Some 10 year olds will be sensible enough to know that it's just a game, and a bit of fun

Some 10 year olds will not understand the separation between reality and fiction, and will be heavily influenced by the control they are given.

Hypocrite

GTA 5 Dillema on 14:33 - Mar 30 with 1880 viewslondonlisa2001

GTA 5 Dillema on 14:05 - Mar 30 by skippyjack

It's all opinion.. But I'm correct.. Let his school results suffer..

to be fair Skippy, if there was one person on this board I would turn to to get advice on how to improve someone's school results, it would be you, given all you've said previously about your skills and qualifications.
GTA 5 Dillema on 15:01 - Mar 30 with 1861 viewsMrSwerve

10 years old is far too young to play GTA. People who have played through it will know why.

It's not just about shooting people.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

GTA 5 Dillema on 15:02 - Mar 30 with 1861 viewsskippyjack

GTA 5 Dillema on 14:33 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

to be fair Skippy, if there was one person on this board I would turn to to get advice on how to improve someone's school results, it would be you, given all you've said previously about your skills and qualifications.

Exactly.. Considering I'm a 'failure' I know my fair share.. You've never failed at a young age have you? You sound like 'Golden Girl' Lisa.. But we've all seen your vindictive side.. I'm not surprised an educated individual dismisses someone else's view.. I've noticed educated individuals seem apprehensive and vindictive of my mere presence.. Self entitled arrogance I call it..

GTA 5 Dillema on 15:12 - Mar 30 with 1852 viewslondonlisa2001

GTA 5 Dillema on 15:02 - Mar 30 by skippyjack

Exactly.. Considering I'm a 'failure' I know my fair share.. You've never failed at a young age have you? You sound like 'Golden Girl' Lisa.. But we've all seen your vindictive side.. I'm not surprised an educated individual dismisses someone else's view.. I've noticed educated individuals seem apprehensive and vindictive of my mere presence.. Self entitled arrogance I call it..

I don't remotely dismiss your view.

Neither am I remotely apprehensive of your presence.

You are very quick to judge though aren't you? And yet hate it when you think anyone does the same to you.

I don't judge you at all Skippy - your (internet) life is your (internet) life and you can do with it exactly as you wish. I've far more important (to me) things to worry about to be honest.

And I'm not vindictive towards you (or anyone else on here) because I simply don't care enough to be that way. You have as little impact on my life as I have on yours. All I would say is this - I personally don't believe anything you say - I think you are making it all up. But on the off chance that you are not, then all you are doing is wasting your own time - no one else's. Nothing particularly 'clever' about that other than in your imagination.
GTA 5 Dillema on 15:27 - Mar 30 with 1709 viewsskippyjack

GTA 5 Dillema on 15:12 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

I don't remotely dismiss your view.

Neither am I remotely apprehensive of your presence.

You are very quick to judge though aren't you? And yet hate it when you think anyone does the same to you.

I don't judge you at all Skippy - your (internet) life is your (internet) life and you can do with it exactly as you wish. I've far more important (to me) things to worry about to be honest.

And I'm not vindictive towards you (or anyone else on here) because I simply don't care enough to be that way. You have as little impact on my life as I have on yours. All I would say is this - I personally don't believe anything you say - I think you are making it all up. But on the off chance that you are not, then all you are doing is wasting your own time - no one else's. Nothing particularly 'clever' about that other than in your imagination.

Yes you did

Yes you are

I was asking a question.. Not judging

You just judged me ^^

Never said any different.. I'm not making anything up.. Well if nobody wants me to do anything.. What do you want me to do?.. Everyone I've come in contact with thinks I'm useless.. I could act and pretend I'm something I'm not.. That's genuinely unwell though.. I've never said I'm clever.. Has that come from your imagination?

GTA 5 Dillema on 15:34 - Mar 30 with 1699 viewslondonlisa2001

GTA 5 Dillema on 15:27 - Mar 30 by skippyjack

Yes you did

Yes you are

I was asking a question.. Not judging

You just judged me ^^

Never said any different.. I'm not making anything up.. Well if nobody wants me to do anything.. What do you want me to do?.. Everyone I've come in contact with thinks I'm useless.. I could act and pretend I'm something I'm not.. That's genuinely unwell though.. I've never said I'm clever.. Has that come from your imagination?

No I didn't

No I am not.

As for what I want you to do? I don't care one way or the other what you do.

If you are not making anything up then take some responsibility and stop acting like a spoilt brat. Why do you assume that anyone else has been given everything on a plate? Perhaps they just stopped whining for long enough to take control?

And no, in my imagination I don't think you're clever. I don't think you're stupid either. I don't have a view.
GTA 5 Dillema on 15:43 - Mar 30 with 1695 viewsskippyjack

GTA 5 Dillema on 15:34 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

No I didn't

No I am not.

As for what I want you to do? I don't care one way or the other what you do.

If you are not making anything up then take some responsibility and stop acting like a spoilt brat. Why do you assume that anyone else has been given everything on a plate? Perhaps they just stopped whining for long enough to take control?

And no, in my imagination I don't think you're clever. I don't think you're stupid either. I don't have a view.

You did

You are

Why assume then?

How am I acting like a spoilt brat?.. I haven't assumed anything.. I know someone who has though.

Why say anything at all then?..

GTA 5 Dillema on 15:59 - Mar 30 with 1683 viewslondonlisa2001

GTA 5 Dillema on 15:43 - Mar 30 by skippyjack

You did

You are

Why assume then?

How am I acting like a spoilt brat?.. I haven't assumed anything.. I know someone who has though.

Why say anything at all then?..

whatever.

The reason for saying something is because someone on here asked a question that was important to him and his family asking for views and you took the p*** trying to be clever / amusing / edgy / alternative / insert whatever it is that you are trying to be.

Your entire persona acts like a spoilt brat. "Give me a job" - why should you be given anything? No one else was - people go out and find stuff not sit on their arse until someone gives it to them. If you are real, then there have been any number of occasions when people have said they have a job you could do, but no, labouring is beneath you, working somewhere on minimum wage is beneath you - what isn't beneath you Skippy?

Anyway, I can't be bothered to talk to you as you aren't interested in anything other than wasting time. You obviously don't need money anyway (as you insisted on many occasions that you don't want to sign on) so why don't you sit in your obviously privileged world of deluded indolence and pretend to be whatever little fantasy (spy / drug lord / other bollox) you have made up today and worry about all of those government agencies that have it in for you.
GTA 5 Dillema on 17:10 - Mar 30 with 1644 viewsThursday

Swanzay,
I have a son around the same age. I let him play a reasonable amount of M-rated games -- after I play them to see how they really are. So far, GTA is the only one I've said no to. He has friends who play it. He doesn't. Tough luck. He knows that I make sound calls for him and he gets more leeway from me than he would his mother, so he isn't bothered by not being able to play GTA.
GTA 5 Dillema on 18:09 - Mar 30 with 1608 viewsskippyjack

GTA 5 Dillema on 15:59 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

whatever.

The reason for saying something is because someone on here asked a question that was important to him and his family asking for views and you took the p*** trying to be clever / amusing / edgy / alternative / insert whatever it is that you are trying to be.

Your entire persona acts like a spoilt brat. "Give me a job" - why should you be given anything? No one else was - people go out and find stuff not sit on their arse until someone gives it to them. If you are real, then there have been any number of occasions when people have said they have a job you could do, but no, labouring is beneath you, working somewhere on minimum wage is beneath you - what isn't beneath you Skippy?

Anyway, I can't be bothered to talk to you as you aren't interested in anything other than wasting time. You obviously don't need money anyway (as you insisted on many occasions that you don't want to sign on) so why don't you sit in your obviously privileged world of deluded indolence and pretend to be whatever little fantasy (spy / drug lord / other bollox) you have made up today and worry about all of those government agencies that have it in for you.

Yep.. I'm obviously the one who is delusional.. Jesus give me a job!

GTA 5 Dillema on 18:18 - Mar 30 with 1598 viewslondonlisa2001

GTA 5 Dillema on 18:09 - Mar 30 by skippyjack

Yep.. I'm obviously the one who is delusional.. Jesus give me a job!

You wouldn't take a job as a junior carpenter Skippy - it's beneath you.
GTA 5 Dillema on 18:25 - Mar 30 with 1595 viewsskippyjack

GTA 5 Dillema on 18:18 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

You wouldn't take a job as a junior carpenter Skippy - it's beneath you.

I've stated multiple times.. It's not my choice what I do.. It's up to the powers that be..

GTA 5 Dillema on 18:28 - Mar 30 with 1590 viewslondonlisa2001

GTA 5 Dillema on 18:25 - Mar 30 by skippyjack

I've stated multiple times.. It's not my choice what I do.. It's up to the powers that be..

in what way? Are you in prison or on tag? If not, then that statement is complete rubbish.
GTA 5 Dillema on 18:36 - Mar 30 with 1584 viewsMrSwansea

You need to stop the dope - odd to say the least

Arseholes. The lot of you.
Poll: Who has received a pay rise in line with inflation within the last three years?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024