Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) 15:13 - Mar 30 with 11734 viewsJackSwanTV

Issue #35 is online here:- http://issuu.com/jackswan/docs/issue_35

I hope you enjoy. I'm sure there will be plenty to moan about as always. Give you a help in hand, controversial words on the supporters trust and possible takeover on page 39!

enjoy :)

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 00:10 - Mar 31 with 2073 viewslondonlisa2001

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 23:41 - Mar 30 by airedale

You may want out if you find yourself running a quickly expanding, high pressure, cut throat etc, business with a turnover in excess of £100mpa. If you can sell your interest for X million on the way out then so much the better.

Its a toughie for everyone I guess.

re the first part - you could always then resort to simply 'owning' a quickly expanding, high pressure, cut throat etc business with a turnover in excess of £100m by bringing in experts to run it for you by remaining shareholders not directors.

re the second point - aye, there's the rub.
New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 00:17 - Mar 31 with 2067 viewsStarsky

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 20:13 - Mar 30 by JackSwanTV

I've never said we shouldn't sell Phil. Not once. What I have said in there, which I assume you have seen is that shares are inevitably going to sell. That is football, that is business, that is life, things change. Our board aren't insanely wealthy, why shouldn't they make some money? I would! They got kids, grand kids some of them, they can make some money and have a better life for themselves and their families but we expect them not to because we don't want any change? that's ridiculous.

I don't want change, I don't want them to sell but come on, I would if I was them and its going to happen and we can't think less of them for doing so.

Stop using the word "we" for fecks sake.

What a doormat you turned out to be.

It's just the internet, init.

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 00:29 - Mar 31 with 2057 viewsairedale

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 00:10 - Mar 31 by londonlisa2001

re the first part - you could always then resort to simply 'owning' a quickly expanding, high pressure, cut throat etc business with a turnover in excess of £100m by bringing in experts to run it for you by remaining shareholders not directors.

re the second point - aye, there's the rub.

Disgruntled employee, or an employee as commited as you were when you ran the club, immediately springs to mind. Or better to have someone running the club with a vested interest.
New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 07:31 - Mar 31 with 2018 viewsJackSwanTV

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 00:29 - Mar 31 by airedale

Disgruntled employee, or an employee as commited as you were when you ran the club, immediately springs to mind. Or better to have someone running the club with a vested interest.

Still think it's better to have a board who WANTS to be there.

Poll: Should Jack Swan magazine be proof read or is the spelling mistakes a part of it
Blog: Interview with Freestone, Alsop plus Phil Sumbler in the New Jack Swan. Issue #21.

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 07:52 - Mar 31 with 2012 viewsDr_Winston

The current shareholders could go a long way towards securing the future of the club at minimal relative cost by gifting the Trust an additional 3/4%.

That they refuse to do so speaks volumes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 09:11 - Mar 31 with 1991 viewsmonmouth

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 20:13 - Mar 30 by JackSwanTV

I've never said we shouldn't sell Phil. Not once. What I have said in there, which I assume you have seen is that shares are inevitably going to sell. That is football, that is business, that is life, things change. Our board aren't insanely wealthy, why shouldn't they make some money? I would! They got kids, grand kids some of them, they can make some money and have a better life for themselves and their families but we expect them not to because we don't want any change? that's ridiculous.

I don't want change, I don't want them to sell but come on, I would if I was them and its going to happen and we can't think less of them for doing so.

Oh I think that we can think a lot less of them if they sell in the way they tried to this time. In fact I think we can think so much less of them if they were to do that, that they should be made to feel very uncomfortable indeed. Their reputations would be trashed, despite their clumsy and obvious attempts to distort the message to their benefit.

They, as a collective. have a lot to prove now in terms of their integrity and ethics in their next attempt to get rich. Take some money but safeguard the club and the Trust. In legal bulletproof terms. Or don't sell.

And no offence JS (you seem like a nice and decent bloke) but you should leave this topic well alone in your comic, until you understand both the issues and the potential consequences. I enjoyed the puzzle about the old lady at the bus stop though. Best bit of the mag by miles imo.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 09:15 - Mar 31 with 1987 viewsairedale

Its been said on this subject though, that if the Trust achieves a position of power via share acquisition, then the share value will get nuked.

Its like a Catch 22 scenario.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 17:49]
New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 10:11 - Mar 31 with 1964 viewsattila_the_hun

good issue of Jack Swan again mate, kudos on the front cover :), maybe you could do a One off Osprey mag aswell, Rugby fans tend not to be so bitter and negative just for the sake of it
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 10:13]

"I'm Free"

Login to get fewer ads

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 10:35 - Mar 31 with 1953 viewsApeShit

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 10:11 - Mar 31 by attila_the_hun

good issue of Jack Swan again mate, kudos on the front cover :), maybe you could do a One off Osprey mag aswell, Rugby fans tend not to be so bitter and negative just for the sake of it
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 10:13]

Only towards football fans.
New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 12:06 - Mar 31 with 1925 viewsUxbridge

Things I have learned over my life. Don't commit anything to print unless you understand what you have written.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 12:11 - Mar 31 with 1918 viewsmonmouth

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 12:06 - Mar 31 by Uxbridge

Things I have learned over my life. Don't commit anything to print unless you understand what you have written.

Aye, signing that bloody marriage register.....

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 12:34 - Mar 31 with 1905 viewsUxbridge

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 12:11 - Mar 31 by monmouth

Aye, signing that bloody marriage register.....

Ha. You'd have to be pretty stupid to do that!
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 12:35]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 13:31 - Mar 31 with 1885 viewsMattG

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 07:52 - Mar 31 by Dr_Winston

The current shareholders could go a long way towards securing the future of the club at minimal relative cost by gifting the Trust an additional 3/4%.

This x 1,000,000.

I re-watched J2AK over the weekend and particularly picked up on Martin Morgan's comment that, had we lost to Hull and dropped out of the FL, he would have been beating himself up that he could have put more money into the Club but had let his business brain rule his heart.

Seems to be making a habit of it.
New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 16:44 - Mar 31 with 1855 viewsDafyddHuw

The articles get in the way of the ads.
New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 16:53 - Mar 31 with 1849 viewsOldjack

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 07:52 - Mar 31 by Dr_Winston

God only knows why ,unless greed has really taken over , loads of money can make people do strange things you know

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 17:45 - Mar 31 with 1748 viewsDavillin

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 23:41 - Mar 30 by airedale

You may want out if you find yourself running a quickly expanding, high pressure, cut throat etc, business with a turnover in excess of £100mpa. If you can sell your interest for X million on the way out then so much the better.

Its a toughie for everyone I guess.

Do you understand that this proposed sale -- by those who virtually pledged to protect the Swans -- would hand it over to new owners who do not have the well-being of the club at heart.

Whose club is it now? And for whom? Swansea fans, my ass.

It is deeply disappointing that some shareholders who brayed so loudly about "by fans for fans" have turned their coats to "by selves for selves."

It's not "a toughie" at all.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 17:50 - Mar 31 with 1741 viewsJackSwanTV

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 17:45 - Mar 31 by Davillin

Do you understand that this proposed sale -- by those who virtually pledged to protect the Swans -- would hand it over to new owners who do not have the well-being of the club at heart.

It is deeply disappointing that some shareholders who brayed so loudly about "by fans for fans" have turned their coats to "by selves for selves."

So if you owned 10% and could sell half for £5 million, you'd get up for work tomorrow yeah?

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 17:56 - Mar 31 with 1734 viewsairedale

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 17:45 - Mar 31 by Davillin

Do you understand that ageing people may want to distance themselves from running a high pressure business.

I'm glad however that its not a toughie for you, for myself I'll find it a very unpleasant experience to lose our current board.
New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 18:01 - Mar 31 with 1728 viewsDarran

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 17:50 - Mar 31 by JackSwanTV

So if you owned 10% and could sell half for £5 million, you'd get up for work tomorrow yeah?

They could sell half for £5m,donate the needed 3.8% to the trust and still hold on to £1.2m worth of shares.

Fair play to me though I did say you were bit of a thick tw*t from day one.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 18:01 - Mar 31 with 1728 viewsOldjack

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 17:50 - Mar 31 by JackSwanTV

would you like to see a bunch of iffys running the club with the trust having no say in it ?if so you need a brain check lad

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 18:12 - Mar 31 with 1715 viewsDavillin

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 09:15 - Mar 31 by airedale

Its been said on this subject though, that if the Trust achieves a position of power via share acquisition, then the share value will get nuked.

Its like a Catch 22 scenario.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2015 17:49]

I will be grateful if you would explain to me how it would matter in the least that the share value gets"nuked" if the Trust intend NEVER to sell the club on to anyone?

It's not "a Catch 22 scenario." It's a win-win scenario for the true fans and supporters of Swansea City Football Club.

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 18:16 - Mar 31 with 1709 viewsDavillin

I refer you to "The Uxbridge Rule," above:

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 18:16 - Mar 31 with 1709 viewsJackSwanTV

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 18:01 - Mar 31 by Darran

They could sell half for £5m,donate the needed 3.8% to the trust and still hold on to £1.2m worth of shares.

Fair play to me though I did say you were bit of a thick tw*t from day one.

You did in fairness. I actually said you wasn't a tw&t to the many people who thought you were. I guess that makes us both tw&ts but your a better judge of character :)

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 18:16 - Mar 31 with 1708 viewsairedale

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 18:12 - Mar 31 by Davillin

I will be grateful if you would explain to me how it would matter in the least that the share value gets"nuked" if the Trust intend NEVER to sell the club on to anyone?

It's not "a Catch 22 scenario." It's a win-win scenario for the true fans and supporters of Swansea City Football Club.

Why do you ask me to explain it?
New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 18:18 - Mar 31 with 1704 viewsDarran

New Issue of Jack Swan is online: New Front Cover :) on 18:16 - Mar 31 by JackSwanTV

You did in fairness. I actually said you wasn't a tw&t to the many people who thought you were. I guess that makes us both tw&ts but your a better judge of character :)

Thank you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024